Monday 30 March 2020

Two ways To Wear a Navy Tank (With Rebecca Minkoff Micro Bedford Bag)

For today's weekday wear post I'm sharing two ways I've recently worn this navy tank. A breastfeeding piece I got when pregnant with my eldest boy, it's such a staple it's never left my wardrobe even though my breastfeeding days are behind me!

I'm continuing to blog as much as possible while the world is so uncertain, it's part of my routine and after 8 years of blogging and outfit photo taking it would be weird to stop! However, not going out as often and working from home has meant more loungewear, so I have less outfits to share as I only share pics of what I actually wear out the house.

While I've dropped my Wednesday post I'll still endeavour to post Monday and Fridays. In fact you'll see this navy top again in my 30 ways to wear post this Friday, as it's hit 30 wears!


What I wore:


green floral duster kimono with navy breastfeeding tank and bermuda denim shorts outfit micro bedford bag | awayfromblue

 Rebecca Minkoff Micro Bedford zip satchel in twilight | awayfromtheblue

awayfromtheblue Instagram | navy tank and Bermuda denim shorts outfit with green floral duster kimono
JacketJeanswest Delilah Long Line Kimono in Green Floral
NecklaceRoie Designs long freshwater pearl necklace with tassel
Tank: MEV Britney bubble tank in mood indigo (c/o)
Shorts: Jeanswest Trinity Bermuda denim shorts
ShoesNew Balance white and blue sneakers
Bag: Rebecca Minkoff Micro Bedford zip satchel in twilight (new purchase)

Why I wore it:

Wore this to quickly pop out to do the school run and get groceries two weeks ago, which seems so long ago now. While social distancing wasn't as much of a thing then I thought this beautiful green floral duster kimono would help keep my personal space as it can billow out behind me when I walk quickly 😂 It also brought some extra colour to my outfit to cheer me up and boost my mood - grocery shopping has been a bit difficult lately with the shortages around and I needed something to make me smile.

The navy tank and the blue Bermuda denim shorts were another attempt to make me smile - blue is my favourite and go-to colour when I want to feel a little happier!

With the green kimono breaking up the blue a bit I thought this navy Rebecca Minkoff micro Bedford bag would be a nice compliment to the blue tank and shorts. Normally I'd have more exciting things in mind for the first outings with a new bag, but I thought I'd take the opportunity to wear this bag while I still can! Even if it was just for the school run and grocery shopping.


Last worn: green duster kimono, coin and tassel necklacenavy breastfeeding tank, Bermuda denim shorts, New Balance sneakers. First time I've worn the bag as it is a recent purchase.

Other ways to weargreen duster kimono and jeans, navy breastfeeding tank and maxi skirt, Bermuda denim shorts and peplum tank.

Perfect for pregnancy: navy breastfeeding tank in third trimester


Unboxing My Latest Rebecca Minkoff Purchase:




No "what I bought this month" post up as with all the craziness in the world I only have this bag I bought to share, and a fun orange blazer I got preloved. I optimistically bid on it a few weeks before things changed in Australia, when I was still going into work and it eventually arrived on my second week of who knows how many weeks working from home. I'm hopeful it will make an appearance on the blog soon...but it is really an office piece!




What I wore:

navy breastfeeding mum outfit autumn with floral maxi skirt nursing tank | away from blue

Rebecca Minkoff Micro Bedford zip satchel in twilight with moncohrome blue outfit | away from the blue

awayfromblue Instagram | monochrome navy breastfeeding outfit blue floral maxi skirt micro bedford bag
Necklace:  House of Harlow sunburst necklace in silver and grey
Tank: MEV Britney bubble tank in mood indigo (c/o)
Skirt: Ally Fashion blue border print floral maxi skirt
ShoesMarc by Marc Jacobs silver tuxedo flats
Bag: Rebecca Minkoff Micro Bedford zip satchel in twilight

Why I wore it:

Unlike the outfit above, I kept this completely monochromatic with navy and blue. I really like the navy Micro Bedford bag with the blue floral skirt, it was such a nice combination. The silver necklace is an older favourite and was a bit of matchy-matchy with the silver hardware on the micro Bedford bag, and silver ballet flats.

Another day of being mostly at home - I did pop out to the grocery store again after school drop off and helping in my son's classroom. It was the second time that week I'd been to the grocery store, hoping that there would be more in stock. Got a few more things from my list thankfully, but there were still a lot of bare shelves even with the newly implemented shopping limits.

Yes, we need shopping limits at all our grocery stores to stop people hoarding and panic buying! A couple in front of me had some of their shopping removed by the cashier because they hadn't stuck to the limits. Thankfully there was no angry outbursts or need for police intervention as I've seen around a lot lately. What a crazy world we live in!


Last worn: navy breastfeeding tank (above), House of Harlow silver necklace, floral maxi skirt, silver ballet flats, Rebecca Minkoff micro Bedford bag (above).

Other ways to wearnavy breastfeeding tank and jeans, floral maxi skirt and pink tee, silver ballet flats and pencil skirt.

Perfect for pregnancynavy breastfeeding tank in second trimester, silver ballet flats in third trimester.



Navy tanks Under $50:




How You Can Wear It

A navy tank is a great wardrobe basic! It's a great base outfit piece for pairing with a bold print - something contrasting in green like the kimono, or a little more monochromatic with a blue floral maxi skirt.


Weekday Wear Linkup #64


Welcome to the Weekday Wear linkup! A linkup for you to share your weekday outfits - whether that is office wear or stay at home mum wear - if you wore it on a weekday, you can link it up!

Guidelines:
1. Please link to a specific outfit post, not your blog homepage.
2. Link back to this post so others can find the link up.
3. Follow your host Away From The Blue on BloglovinInstagramTwitterFacebook or YouTube.
4. Add up to two posts and be sure to visit and comment on as many other posts as possible to get some weekday outfit inspiration!
Optional: tweet the post you linked up with the hashtag #weekdayWearLinkUp so I can retweet!


Subscribe for The Weekday Wear Linkup reminder emails



Linking up with Confident Twosday, Turning Heads, Style Six, Fashion Files, Chic and Stylish, Fancy Friday.


Follow Away From the Blue on:
Bloglovin
Twitter : Instagram Youtube : Facebook : LikeToKnow.It 

73 comments:

  1. Love the both outfits! That green kimono is absolutely gorgeous and the maxi skirt is so nice!
    Stay safe and healthy!

    jointyicroissanty

    ReplyDelete
  2. Of course you are not going to stop blogging! Blogging keeps us saint! I hope it's safe at your part of the world.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes it's been nice to continue blogging through this - and an encouragement to try get dressed out of pyjamas and loungewear, haha!

      Delete
  3. Loving this all blue look and I adore the House of Harlow pendant. Both look are so chic! Thanks for the link up!

    https://www.kathrineeldridge.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. It does feel like 2 weeks ago was a lifetime ago. Things have changed so much. I have lost my vim and vigor for shopping in some cases but I do love to blog and take a little mental break from the world of serious issues and connect. Thanks for the link up Mica!
    xo,
    Kellyann

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes blogging has always been my little break from everything, I'm glad I've been able to keep it going!

      Delete
  5. I really like how that tank fits at the bottom: to need to tuck it in. I love it with the green kimono and that kimono is a reminder I need to wear mine this week. I was looking at plane tickets this morning and hoping to be able to travel this summer!
    www.chezmireillefashiontravelmom.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's sad how quickly things changed!

      Delete
  6. It really does feel like we've been in our shelter in place for months rather than just over a week. I love the first look! Your kimono is so pretty! Stay healthy and safe!

    Jill - Doused in Pink

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really love the navy and green colour combo in the first outfit, Mica! Your new bag is fabulous too! Hope you and your family stay healthy and happy, Mica! Take care XXX

    ReplyDelete
  8. I do love the green kimono pairing with the shorts. You look fab. The second styling with the maxi is very pretty as well. Have a nice day!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Getting content is pretty challenging these days - I'm trying to get photos whenever I have a Zoom meeting planned for the day and so have to actually make myself presentable for work - the rest of the time I'm pretty much living in sweats.

    Courtney ~ Sartorial Sidelines

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not having zoom calls for work (due to the nature of my work it's not a secure tool to use) means it's been a struggle getting dressed sometimes!

      Delete
  10. Both are very pretty outfits, do love the green kimono hun!


    xoxo
    Lovely
    www.mynameislovely.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Mica, I am loving your green kimono so much! Gorgeous! I am still unable to add posts to the link up. It’s on any blog that uses linky tools for some reason. I cannot figure it out!

    Shelbee
    www.shelbeeontheedge.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope you can figure it out soon! Thanks for trying! :)

      Delete
  12. Yep, things are getting crazy! I haven't been out of the house since last Saturday (stayed in the car while Christian got some veggie garden supplies) and then before that it was Monday the 16th. The grocery stores were insane the last couple times I went, and I thought I was going at "off" hours because I went during my work day before all the stay at home stuff was happening.
    Love the green kimono ! Definitely a piece to brighten your mood in these scary times
    https://www.closet-fashionista.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it was a bit crazy in the grocery stores - I'm glad online ordering has returned here!

      Delete
  13. It's funny because my favorite style of clothing is that of what many wear when they're pregnant, and everyone makes fun of me, but they are the most comfortable pieces, and cute to boot! LOVE the tank top! Need to add a couple to my Summer wardrobe.

    Alexandra
    EyeLoveKnots.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's all about the comfort I think! :)

      Delete
  14. Beautiful bag and color. Stay safe.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Well this is a lovely bag, and a really versatile colour. Thank you for hosting, do hope you are staying safe and well. Jacqui xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Two wonderful looks! Loving the navy top paired with the green kimono! The foral skirt is so pretty too! Hope you and your family are staying healthy!
    Thanks for hosting the linkup!
    Ellibelle's Corner

    ReplyDelete
  17. You look gorgeous, Mica! So happy you're continuing to blog throughout this crazy time. I'm so thankful I have mine, it really gives me something positive to focus on while I'm stuck inside most of the time.

    I love that bag, by the way!

    I hope you have a fantastic week, friend. :)

    Make Life Marvelous

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it's nice to keep up blogging through this all! :)

      Delete
  18. Both outfits are incredible! I am so glad you are continuing to post during all of this uncertainty. It makes me happy and your style always inspires. Hope you and your family are doing well <3
    the creation of beauty is art.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, hope you are safe too! So sweet to say.

      Delete
  19. Hello
    In fact, our life, in a short time, changed radically. I continue blogging, photographing at home or in the garden. I really liked your tank top I really enjoyed seeing it paired with the green kimono !! But you look beautiful in both looks.

    xoxo

    marisasclosetblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. Your navy bag is so pretty! It's the perfect compliment to both outfits! I've been more casual lately too so it's hard for blog posts, but I'm doing what I can. Your navy tank is such a nice staple!

    ReplyDelete
  21. You look awesome in navy blue. I'm keeping my blog schedule the same. Since I'm still working. Stay safe and health.

    http://www.amysfashionblog.com/blog-home

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's good you are continuing to work through this!

      Delete
  22. that bag looks very lovely!
    Hope you stay healthy and safe
    xoxo
    style frontier

    ReplyDelete
  23. I love the pairing with the skirt! It makes a pretty monochromatic look!

    https://sundaydahlias.com

    ReplyDelete
  24. I love how that blue top goes with the green so well Mica. I'm going to have to copy that.
    XOOX
    Jodie
    www.jtouchofstyle.com

    ReplyDelete
  25. Super cute outfits:) Kudos to you for keeping this up! TBH, I've totally lost my mojo but I'll try to keep blogging about other stuff for now.
    And that's great the cashier in your store was able to stop that couple and that the couple didn't cause a scene. It's kinda crazy out there now so you never know sometimes.
    Stay safe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you're still blogging when motivated - I enjoy your blog!

      Delete
  26. Thanks for the link-up, Mica! I love your fun outfit with the green kimono.

    I am going to challenge you to wear that orange blazer as a casual thing! Roll the sleeves up, throw it on over denim shorts and a graphic tee! You can do it! I want to see it on!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I should! But blazers and kids aren't a good combo, haha! Definitely office pieces for me!

      Delete
  27. I like how you styled the tank top with the green floral kimono and congratulations on 8+years of blogging. I'm always happy to find bloggers that are still posting on their Blogs. We need to continue with our creative outlets while we pray and hope for the World to be a better place for everyone. Have a great Week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it's nice having this creative outlet!

      Delete
  28. These colours are stunning on you girl! Love the spring style and that blue!

    xx, mel
    http://melinspired.com/compression-socks/

    ReplyDelete
  29. blue is my favorite color.I really love the way you pair up your clothes


    Have a nice day
    Kinza Khushboo
    Blog
    Glamorous without the Guilt
    Bloglovin | Glamorous without the Guilt

    ReplyDelete
  30. The tank top looks really nice with the kimono :). Hope you are coping with working from home / isolation okay!

    Sarah xo Oomph London

    ReplyDelete
  31. School drop-off does seem like ages ago! Crazy how fast things change. I love that tank--the color is so pretty, I love it with the different shades of blue and green here. And that bag is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  32. You look amazing! https://mellifluous-blog.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  33. Navy and green together is one of my all-time favourite combination, so my favourite beyond any doubt is your first outfit. I love the idea of using a floaty kimono to aid with social distancing :-) I try to keep up with my outfits, even if my working hours are significantly reduced. As my good friend Vix would say, a day not getting dressed up is a day wasted ;-) Stay safe, Mica! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  34. Navy is totally a neutral for me, too- because it can be worn with almost anything!

    -Ashley
    Le Stylo Rouge

    ReplyDelete
  35. I love both looks and indeed they should cheer you up. I understand that people will not be shopping as much and buying designer clothes seems kind of out touch. But I don't think people should stop blogging and doing what they do. First we all home now so it gives you something to do, also it is a nice distraction from what is happening. Personally I do not think bloggers of any kind should be giving out advice on the virus. If you want to speak of how it is effecting you that is one thing, but not health advice. We all know what to do. So we should keep doing what we do: stay home and blog, vlog that is more helpful then anything else one can do really.

    Allie of
    www.allienyc.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A very good point - sticking to what we know if the key to staying motivated too! :)

      Delete
  36. I love your new bag--the navy is so pretty and it will go with everything!

    I hope you have a fabulous week!

    Amber

    Visit AvecAmber.com

    Follow Avec Amber on Bloglovin

    ReplyDelete
  37. Cute thank top! Blue is a beautiful color!

    ReplyDelete
  38. The green duster kimono is such a nice piece. I love the look with the kimono. Stay safe and have a nice day.

    Anna
    www.glamadventure.com

    ReplyDelete
  39. Love the looks!! It's definitely a good idea to continue blogging as much as possible while the world is so uncertain and to keep your routine! As always, much love and thank you for the continued support! Hope you and your family are well <3

    ReplyDelete
  40. Pretty green kimono
    https://www.melodyjacob.com/

    ReplyDelete
  41. A lovely shirt, it goes perfect with your purse. Thanks for sharing, but mostly thanks for staying home. This curve will be flat.

    Lindifique

    ReplyDelete
  42. I like your bag, colour and shape are perfect. Stay safe you and your family.

    New Post - https://www.exclusivebeautydiary.com/2020/04/ghd-glide-smoothing-hot-brush_1.html

    ReplyDelete
  43. Your new navy bag is lovely !!
    I think its a good idea to continue blogging. While I am not sure how I will do it when my pictures run out, its one of the things we can do like we use to.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad it's given me encouragement to get out of my pyjamas and loungewear a few times a week!

      Delete
  44. Love your bag. And denim shorts with a layering kimono or cardigan is my favorite.

    Hope you're doing well. I'm a little discombobulated but other than that I;m good.

    ReplyDelete
  45. Love this, especially the 2nd look. So comfy and breezy.

    Jessica | notjessfashion.com

    ReplyDelete
  46. Hi Mica
    Love the greens and blues, such alovely outfits! YOu know I love RM and this is a very pretty bag. i have been enjoying smaller bags lately myself.
    Take care and stay well! How is your pup enjoying you home?
    jess xx
    www.elegantlydressedandstylish.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He's not used to the kids being around him so much, haha! He likes his naps, he hasn't been getting a lot!

      Delete
  47. Another cute bag! you have so many gems in your wardrobe! xx

    Elegant Duchess xx
    Stay safe, stay grateful, stay positive.
    https://www.elegantduchess.com/

    ReplyDelete
  48. I know what you mean about blogging helping you retain some sense of normality. You look amazing in these looks, blue is one of my favourite colours to wear :)

    //teandtwosugars.blogspot.com xx

    ReplyDelete
  49. That blue tank is a perfect wardrobe staple and I love both ways you styled it! The color looks beautiful on you, Mica. I really love how it looks with the green kimono. I hope you and your family are doing well!

    x Kara | http://karascloset.net

    ReplyDelete
  50. Loving that bag! Rebecca Minkoff is my favorite for bags. And that kimono is darling on you! Have a great weekend! xo
    https://justlivejoy.com/10-binge-worthy-series-on-netflix/

    ReplyDelete
  51. Could you do loungewear posts? I know those aren't the most "put-together" outfits, but it is just the reality of this crazy world we live in right now. Just a thought, if you're up for still blogging! :) I have been struggling myself. I don't usually do much anyway, week to week, but I am really scraping the bottom of the barrel for interesting things to include in my Friday posts, since I've been doing basically nothing but working, haha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you are doing blogging perfectly in all this! I think getting dressed a couple times even if I didn't leave the house helped, but now I'm back to wearing things outside as the schools are open again!

      Delete
  52. These are both lovely ways to wear this top!

    ReplyDelete
  53. Thanks all for your kind comments, and for linking up!

    ReplyDelete

Your feedback on my outfits and any constructive criticism is welcomed. I appreciate the time you take to leave a kind comment. Make sure to tick 'Notify me' if you've asked a question so you get an email response :)

Feel free to leave a link to your blog so I can check it out. "Follow me" or "follow for follow" comment spam will not be published.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...