Friday 15 March 2019

Bright Tanks Soft Shorts With Colourful Bags: Easy Summer SAHM Style

On a hot day, soft shorts like these are the best! Paired with simple tanks and colourful bag, it's easy mum style for summer.

What I wore:

colourful mixed print thrifted tank with olive floral embroidered short mustard yellow bag summer style | awayfromblue

Rebecca Minkoff micro Regan satchel in Harvest Gold with olive shorts | awayfromtheblue

awayfromblue Instagram | colourful mixed print tank with neutral olive shorts mustard rebecca minkoff regan bag
Necklace: Target silver Alisha trinity pendant necklace
Top: thrifted Target mixed print colourful printed tank (new purchase)
ShortsJeanswest Tessa olive embroidered shorts
Shoesblack slim Havaianas thongs
BagRebecca Minkoff micro Regan satchel in Harvest Gold

Why I wore it:

First wearing of my newly thrifted tank! I bought quite a few things over January and February! This was just $1 though so I had to have it. I grabbed it as soon as I saw it in the opshop and as I tried it on I realised it looked familiar. Ironing it after washing it, I thought more and I'm sure that I know someone with this exact top - not sure if it's a blogger or a friend! I messaged a few people I thought it might be but I haven't figured it out yet. It will be so funny when I figure out who has it. It's a Target one though so I might have just remembered walking past someone wearing it!

Didn't bump into anyone much on this day I wore it though - it was one of those super humid days, lots of heavy rain (I took my pics super quick then rushed inside to stay dry!) but still so hot. I did the daycare drop off and then worked from home for the day - briefly stepping out at lunch time to pick up a parcel at the post office I'd been waiting for since December!

With all the colours in the tank the neutral olive shorts seemed like the best choice, and they are so comfortable on a hot and humid day too. While the yellow in the tank isn't mustard, I thought this mustard micro Regan bag would make a great pairing with it, and I do love wearing this bag with these shorts.


Last worn: silver trinity necklace, olive embroidered shorts, Havaianas, Rebecca Minkoff Micro Regan bag. First time I've worn the tank as it's a recent purchase.

Other ways to wearolive embroidered shorts and grey knit, Rebecca Minkoff Micro Regan bag and little black dress.



My Favourite Rebecca Minkoff Bag:







What I wore:

turquoise tank and navy printed short culottes with magenta bag summer stay at home mum style | away from blue

navy printed shorts, Rebecca Minkoff Edie small crossbody bag in magenta | away from the blue

awayfromtheblue Instagram | turquoise tank with navy printed culotte shorts and magenta edie cross body bag
NecklaceZuriCollections blue polymer clay necklace
TankJeanswest Maya gather back tank in mid turquoise
Shorts: Kmart culotte short in navy lemon print
ShoesRebecca Minkoff Georgina studded gladiator sandals in blush
BagRebecca Minkoff Edie small crossbody bag in magenta

Why I wore it:

Another simple tank and soft shorts combo - although this time it's a plain tank and printed shorts, the reverse of the first outfit. When I saw these shorts I debated getting them as I do have another pair of blue soft printed shorts, with a waist tie. But I figured as I'd worn those other ones more than 30 times these would also be a great addition to my wardrobe. And I have that post of 30 ways to wear blue printed shorts to give me outfit ideas!

Really liked how this came together, especially with the magenta Rebecca Minkoff Edie bag. I wanted to wear my new bag but wasn't entirely sure how it would work with the different shades of blue and the print on the shorts. While it doesn't match with anything I'm glad I gave this a go as I really liked the pop of colour it added!

We had a quiet day, taking advantage of the slightly cooler morning to get in some time at the park with the boys before running a few errands and opshoping when the day got warmer. We actually managed to find what I was looking for in the opshop which so rarely happens! Was definitely a good thrifting day.


Last worn: beaded necklace, turquoise tank, Kmart navy culottes, Rebecca Minkoff gladiator sandals, Rebecca Minkoff Edie cross body bag.

Other ways to wearturquoise tank in the office, Kmart navy culottes with pink teestudded gladiator sandals worn 30 ways, Rebecca Minkoff Edie cross body bag and maxi skirt.


Bright Tanks Under $50:




How You Can Wear It:


Soft shorts are so good on a hot day, as you can see by how often I have been wearing these over summer! Add in a bright tank and you have a simple but colourful casual outfit.


Linking up with On Mondays We Link Up.


Follow Away From the Blue on:
Bloglovin
Twitter : Instagram Youtube : Facebook : LikeToKnow.It 

65 comments:

  1. you look so comfy in both outfit! lovely and relaxed. I wish my local weather allowed such feeling too (when it is cold it always feels like I am making an effort).
    I dunno why I never feel bad or even odd when someone is wearing the same clothes with me. for me it is like meeting a distant relative, always makes me happy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope I'll be happy when I bump into whoever it is I know that owns this tank, haha!

      Delete
  2. Oh my goodness, you get the best deal Mica! $1 for that tank is so terrific. It is perfect for summer and those hot, humid days. With all those colors your styling options are endless!
    Have a wonderful weekend!
    xo,
    Kellyann

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's going to be fun to wear so many different ways! :)

      Delete
  3. Where to start?!? I'm starting with the video on the purse selection. Hands down, my favorite Minkoff bag is the striped mini - how wonderful! I love the minis but don't carry them as much as I'd like to because I hate having to transfer everything I need over to them. Maybe if I kept the transfer things in a separate makeup pouch..... How do you do it - you carry a new bag a couple of times a day :P I love your newly-thrifted tank and it's perfect paired with the olive shorts. I really need to get more olive in my wardrobe (it's such a great neutral) and get bold with pairing it with colors. I really love it with black, too. And adding the magenta bag to the second set was perfect. It makes the creamy and beige-y colors (or is that light pink?) in the shorts come out.

    Ruth
    www.VogueFauxReal.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha I do love switching my bags! In the mini ones I don't carry much, wallet keys, so it's easy to swap between bags. I keep my things in little pouches too usually so it's easy to switch between bags.

      Delete
  4. I love those floral shorts!! They are such a fun pop of print!
    xo
    Katrina
    www.katrinagwenrose.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. How cute is this lil yellow bag?!

    www.SatinOfLux.com | Fashion Blog | by Dessy

    ReplyDelete
  6. simple dresses and bags, but you look so beautiful.

    have a great day

    ReplyDelete
  7. That dollar tank top is so cute! What a steal!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Flowy shorts really are the best for super hot days! Loving that new tank too, can't beat $1!
    https://www.closet-fashionista.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Both outfits look like winning combinations for how you combined print, color and texture. You seriously got the best bargain with that mixed print tank!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hopefully you will finally find out who has the similar top you bought! It looks very fresh and I agree - such looks are perfect for hot and humid days. I like both of the looks and the colour of the top of the 2nd look is a dream!
    xx from Bavaria/Germany, Rena
    www.dressedwithsoul.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Still can't remember but I'm sure I'll bump into them wearing it one day, haha!

      Delete
  11. Lovely outfit!! You look great in the thrifted tank! It's amazing the good things you can find from thrifting!!

    www.sundaydahlias.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. such great summer looks! I can't wait for summer to come and finally wear such cute outfits as well ♥
    xx
    Selina | Selinas Inspiration

    ReplyDelete
  13. Both outfits are perfect for hot, and humid summer days. I personally love the second one.

    xo, Maria
    https://www.miamiamine.com/

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your $ 1 tank top is a triumph, Mica! The print is adorable, and so is that pretty yellow bag! Have a fabulous weekend! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love your casual outfits, even though they aren't my personal style. You just look happy and breezy. That second bag is adorable - I love how it does up.

    Thanks again for being so nice about my (oh so rude) question. :) My mom is in New Zealand right now, before she goes to Melbourne next week! If you see a 70+ older lady who kind of looks like me, say hi!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope she is enjoying NZ! Your question was not rude at all :)

      Delete
  16. You look beautiful in both looks, Mica, but my favorite is the first outfit. I love printed tops and this one is so lovely. It's so awesome you got if for $1! What a find! :) Happy weekend!

    http://lizzyslatest.com/

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Mica
    I'm not the one with the tank top ah !!!
    But I think in chromatic terms the second look is very well combined, I like the second look more, in my honest opinion !!
    Happy weekend!
    xoxo

    marisasclosetblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. I have a similar pair of green shorts and I can't wait until it's warm enough to wear them!
    Chic on the Cheap

    ReplyDelete
  19. These are two pretty summer outfits Mica! I can’t believe you found that tank top for only a dollar. You are the best shopper. Of course I love the tank tops. The harvest gold and magenta are both very beautiful accent colors .
    ❤️❤️❤️
    Elle
    https://theellediaries.com/

    ReplyDelete
  20. Isn't it the best when you can find what you are looking for at the thift shop.

    http://www.amysfashionblog.com/blog-home

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely! I've had some great luck so far this year!

      Delete
  21. Loving the cute size of these bags. Plus the colors are so much fun for summer too! Happy weekend!

    Shauna

    www.lipglossandlace.net

    ReplyDelete
  22. Soft shorts for the summer, yay! I love how some of these soft shorts can look like a skirt from afar, like the one in blue you're wearing. The weather there is the same over here. It's hot and will rain unexpectedly. Keep hydrated, Mica! It's so nice that you enjoy thrifting, I do too! :D xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  23. What a bargain! My father s wife is now in Australia meeting her family! Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope she is having a wonderful time in Australia!

      Delete
  24. The bag is so cute Mica and your tops are pretty and ideal for summer. We are still waiting for spring as it has been pouring down with rain the last few day!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Both of those shorts are lovely, I really like the patterns on them and they look great worn with colourful tops. Perfect summer styling. The bag is beautiful as well. You look very pretty and fresh.

    https://modaodaradosti.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't believe that first top was only a dollar. That's a great catch.

      Delete
  26. wow! your shorts are so cool and lovely. Combination with colorful bag is perfect and you are so pretty.
    xo Corina
    https://unbouquetdamour.com/flame-red-dress/

    ReplyDelete
  27. Hi! Nice and comfortable outfits.
    I hope you´ll visit my blog soon. Have a nice day!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Love both of your outfits, love the yellow bag, it's so pretty and it's always lovely to wear colourful things, I feel like it makes me feel more positive and happy!

    Chloe xx
    www.chloechats.com

    ReplyDelete
  29. These outfits are so cute and cool-seeming! Perfect for the hot summer weather (which I could use right now!)! :)

    ReplyDelete
  30. Both of these outfits with the tanks and flowy shorts are lovely! I can't believe you got that first tank for only $1! That was a great find. And the patterned shorts are really cute too. I hope you're having a great weekend Mica!

    x Kara | http://karascloset.net

    ReplyDelete
  31. You're so lucky to still be able to wear summer clothes! Shouldn't it be fall weather in your neck of the woods? Cute looks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Brisbane weather can take a while to catch up to the seasons it's supposed to be, haha! Our autumn started with a continuation of our summer heatwave....

      Delete
  32. Wow another amazing post! I loved this

    jadieegosh

    ReplyDelete
  33. The khaki green shorts are so cute; I can imagine them looking great with a ton of different looks! Hope you're having a lovely weekend so far :)

    aglassofice.com x

    ReplyDelete
  34. You always put the cutest things together for summer. I hope you figure out the mystery. I was at an event the other day and I saw this young woman and I know I have seen her before but can not remember where. Not sure if I shot during FW at some point or maybe she works for a PR firm and I have seen at another event. But it is driving me crazy

    Allie of
    www.allienyc.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope you figure out who she was! I still don't know who it is that has this top, haha!

      Delete
  35. This is a great comfy outfit idea! I love both looks, but the first one is my favorite. The olive shorts make such a great base.

    I hope you have a wonderful weekend.

    Kathrin | Polar Bear Style

    ReplyDelete
  36. Oh my goodness, you're always finding the best deals during your thrifting adventures. It still looks brand new! The colors look great. I like the combination of the second outfit. Keep it up with the cute outfits!

    Nancy ♥ exquisitely.me

    ReplyDelete
  37. Cute looks dear, especially the 2nd outfit. So comfy and pretty on you!

    Jessica | notjessfashion.com

    ReplyDelete
  38. I definitely need to get a couple of pairs of these shorts in my wardrobe - they look so comfy! I only really have my denim ones and while they look lovely on holiday, they're not the nicest for a relaxing day or running errands!

    Musings & More

    ReplyDelete
  39. These are really cute bags. Especially love the yellow mustard one.

    Have a lovely week ahead! Xx

    http://www.glitsxgrace.com/2019/03/18/networking-tips-for-introverts/

    ReplyDelete
  40. Super cute outfits always, Mica:) Tanks and shorts during the hot weather...can't be beat. And hope you figure out who you saw with that Target tank:D

    ReplyDelete
  41. Loving these outfits so much! Thanks for sharing!

    cabin twenty-four

    ReplyDelete
  42. I love the printed tank top! So colourful and cheery :)

    Di from Max The Unicorn

    ReplyDelete
  43. Ohhhh, that yellow bag has me swooning!!! And it's so perfect no matter the season! Hope you had a great weekend:) :) :)

    Laura
    Black Coffee Beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  44. What a cute outfit. I love your bag. :)

    lifeofardor.com

    ReplyDelete
  45. Finding exactly what you are looking for when thrusting is so rare! That doesn't take away from the fun though. I wish we had better places for that near here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is so rare to find, I was so happy to discover it! :)

      Delete
  46. Both outfits look cute! I love the top in the first picture and for only a dollar, I would have bought it too! You have the cutest bags! I finally saw the Edie bag at Nordstrom. I am in love! It's just perfect!

    Maureen | www.littlemisscasual.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's such a cute bag, I highly recommend it! :)

      Delete
  47. I like your purses so much. You definitely know how to wear color and bring in some fun shades to your outfit!

    http://www.mylittlenest.org

    ReplyDelete
  48. Love the tank and soft shorts combo! A great SAHM go to outfit for those hot humid days! All the colours go beautifully together too - and of course love the RM bags :D

    Eileen | 5feetofstyle.com

    ReplyDelete
  49. These are such great colorful looks! I love the second look especially--the pretty aqua of the tank goes so well with those shorts, and the bag is such a fun accent. Gorgeous summer looks!

    ReplyDelete
  50. Thanks all for your sweet comments :)

    ReplyDelete

Your feedback on my outfits and any constructive criticism is welcomed. I appreciate the time you take to leave a kind comment. Make sure to tick 'Notify me' if you've asked a question so you get an email response :)

Feel free to leave a link to your blog so I can check it out. "Follow me" or "follow for follow" comment spam will not be published.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...