Friday 24 July 2020

Striped Tees and Skull Scarves With Green Jeans

Two outfits with very similar formulas that look really different. Green skinny jeans, striped tees, skull scarves and cardigans for spending time outside with the boys.

What I wore:

navy stripe tee green skinny jeans cardigan skull scarf and nylon backpack walking trail outfit | awayfromblue

Rebecca Minkoff Julian nylon backpack in bright blue | awayfromtheblue

bush trail walking outfit green skinny jens cardigan skull scarf nylon backpack baby bag | awayfromblue Instagram

Jacket: Paper Scissors grey wrap cardigan
ScarfAlexander McQueen azure wool skull scarf
Tee: Jeanswest striped split hem tee
Jeans: thrifted ASOS petite green skinny jeans
ShoesNew Balance white and blue sneakers
Bag: Rebecca Minkoff Julian nylon backpack in bright blue

Why I wore it:

Making the most of the nice weather during the school holidays, and also partly because hubby was still working from home and needed some quiet, I took the kids out to our fave walking trail. Picked because it's a really short and easy walk through the bush with beautiful views. It's under a kilometre too so I knew my injured knee could cope it it. Still wore my daggy but supportive running shoes anyway and I'm glad I did as we went off the trail a lot! We were out for hours finding "new" paths through the bush as the kids explored and I let them pick where we went. (Just a note that I know the track well, I always knew where we were and there are enough pointers around the landscape that a short walk in any direction would reorient you if you did get lost. A lot of the different paths we took were the old trail or accessing the trail from other directions so weren't just rushing off blindly. Be careful not to deviate from the trail unless you can do so safely.) My knee certainly started complaining that evening from all the extra walking!

I added the blue and teal skull scarf for a touch of colour with the navy stripe tee and the green skinny jeans. The scarf did come off quite quickly though as the day warmed up, I even considered taking the cardigan off a few times too. Keeping to the practical outfit I didn't take a bag of my own and just put my things and our water bottles and snacks in the Rebecca Minkoff Julian backpack I use as a baby bag. Was a really fun morning out!






What I wore:

neutral playdate outfit olive skinny jeans stripe tee skull scarf navy cardigan grey bag | away from blue

Rebecca Minkoff MAB mini in soft grey worn in crook of arm  | away from the blue


Jacket: Jeanswest waterfall drape cardigan in navy night sky marle
ScarfAlexander McQueen modal and cashmere skull scarf
TeeAtmos&Here navy stripe v-neck tee
Jeans: Jeanswest Vicki skinny pant in moss green
ShoesConverse Chuck Taylor All Star low in black
BagRebecca Minkoff MAB mini in soft grey (get it second hand)

Why I wore it:

This was another fun day outside! After a quick stop at the Saturday sale at the opshop we headed out to a local park with the boys, until they got hungry for lunch. I used my Rebecca Minkoff mini MAB instead of the baby bag as hubby was with us and could carry a backpack.

After the morning at the park, we spent the afternoon at yet another park for a playdate. Which didn't quite go according to plan...but luckily there was an entrepreneurial lady selling ice cream and taking advantage of the weekend crowds so we grabbed some ice cream and sat down on the beach enjoying the last of the sun's rays. As the kids got muddier and muddier running into the water 😂 Baths, a movie and an early dinner made it the perfect end to a hectic day.

I like this navy cardigan with the olive skinny jeans, especially as it matches the navy stripe tee.  I felt the outfit needed another layer as it was quite a windy day, this neutral taupe Alexander McQueen skull scarf was the perfect finishing touch. My knee was really sore by the end of the day though, Converse not as supportive for all the running around!


How You Can Wear It:


A skull scarf is a fun print mix with a stripe tee and jeans combo. You can go brighter like the first outfit with the blue and bold green skinny jeans, or stick with neutrals like the taupe, olive and navy second outfit.


Follow Away From the Blue on:
Bloglovin
Twitter : Instagram Youtube : Facebook : LikeToKnow.It 

57 comments:

  1. Every time I see those green jeans of yours I instantly want to start looking around for something similar. I don't wear much colour but green is my favourite colour and so I'm a big fan of those pants. And I hope your knee is feeling a bit better.

    Courtney ~ Sartorial Sidelines

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I got so lucky to find these NWT in an opshop! :)

      Delete
  2. I love taking the kids out for walks on hiking trails - they are up to 4kms distance now, which is great given their age.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is great! I wish I could take the kids on some longer hikes but my injury limits us :(

      Delete
  3. Fabulous as always! I just LOVE the striped shirt from the first outfit. It looks gorgeous on you. And that skull printed scarf is such a great piece. I hope you have a fantastic weekend!
    the creation of beauty is art.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like these outfits! Back when I lived in San Fran, I would wear scarfs like yours all the time. Great post, Mica! Keep it up xx

    Naya
    www.nayatilly.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love seeing what you carry in your bag.

    http://www.amysfashionblog.com/blog-home

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your green jeans, it's so cute!

    xoxo
    Lovely

    http://mynameislovely.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have always loved your skull scarves! Both looks are so nice, and glad you are enjoying the weather. '

    Amy Ann
    Straight A Style

    ReplyDelete
  8. Different shades of a color can make a big difference! I love both outfits! The bold, bright shades in the first outfit really draw your eye! Have a great weekend Mica!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like how you showcase two different shades of green jeans Mica. I think they are both fabulous.
    XOOX
    Jodie
    www.jtouchofstyle.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jodie I've been enjoying wearing them!

      Delete
  10. I love your fashion style Mica. Both outfits looks so nice and the scarfs are so fun. The backpack is in such a pretty color.
    Hope you have a nice weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  11. the best purses ever my darling!
    and your color choices are great for your outfits...so glad I found your blog!
    xo Eva

    ReplyDelete
  12. Like the addition of the blue scarf.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I just looooove this skull scarf! The print is just so fun and I love the color too. Perfect for fall and cooler weather! Hope you guys have a great weekend!

    Shauna

    www.lipglossandlace.net

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oooh! Your outfit is nicely put together. Glad you still made it through the walk despite the injured knee. I really like the green jeans. You rock all of the different colored pants! I thought I could pull off like teal colored pants but had a hard time leaving the house with that aha. Glad you enjoyed your play date! Enjoy your weekend!

    Nancy ✨ exquisitely.me

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Nancy! It's a nice easy trail for my knee while it's healing!

      Delete
  15. I'm hearing you on your injured knee, Mica. I'm having on and off problems with my back and knees, which isn't much helped by the humid weather we've been having. We went for a longer walk on Thursday, and I'm still having to pay for it! My favourite of your outfits is the first ones, with its cheerful greens and blues. I do love these green skinnies of yours! Hope you're having a relaxing weekend! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I hope you have a speedy recovery! My recovery is going slower than expected because of not being able to get to the physio at the moment :(

      Delete
  16. I love the skull print scarves. You can really pair them with lots of differet styles can't you? Hope your knee is feeling better and it hasn't hampered any future walks!
    love both outfits, they have the perfect mix of keeping you warm, but also cool enough if the temperature does rise a bit.
    Hope you have a lovely weekend and week ahead!

    Aimsy xoxo
    Aimsy’s Antics

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love both outfits! But first one is my favorite xx

    www.beautiliciousd.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. So great you took your kids to that track that is under 1 km. That seems like a good distance. I imagine you walked even more with exploring the area. I think it is wonderful that you let your kids explore nature and their surroundings on a track you know well. When we don't know a track well, it is better to just stay on the track but if we are familiar with the area then we can explore a bit more. In Croatia tourists often wonder off tracks. My dad was a helicopter pilot so he was always rescuing people in the summer, often it was a close call. Better to stay safe. It is great that you have pointed that out.
    I do like both of these outfits. The green jeans paired with blue tones look fantastic. It is also good you opted for sneakers because of all the walking. The second outfit is also great. I like the navy blue cardigan with a striped t-shirt and olive green jeans. That AM scull scarf is gorgeous, such a great accesssory!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, sticking to the trails can be so important, it's best to make sure you know where you are and tell someone where you are going in case you get lost!

      Delete
  19. A very nice and stylish look, dear! Love your bag!

    ReplyDelete
  20. That green pants and outfit is perfect. I like is so much. Enjoy in weeekend.

    New Post - https://www.exclusivebeautydiary.com/2020/07/elizabeth-arden-sparkle-on-holiday.html

    ReplyDelete
  21. Nice colorful outfits 😉 have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Very interesting post! Thanks for the information! ✔️✔️✔️ Have a great evening! 🎀🎀🎀

    ReplyDelete
  23. so cute! I love the style!
    Elise | www.elisebythepiece.com

    ReplyDelete
  24. It sounds like you had a fun day with your kids! I used to love running around finding new paths as a kid. I love the green and blue. The striped sweater is so perfect!

    Jill
    https://jilliancecilia.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it's nice for the kids to take turns leading and finding new paths to explore!

      Delete
  25. Moss green...yummy color. In my book any green is spectacular but that moss green is a little different. Love it.
    I thought of you this week and an earlier post where you wore green and blue together...and I paired a green blouse with a navy cardi. Channeling my inner Mica.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad it made you think of me! It's a fun combination to try, and one I've only been wearing for a few years surprisingly!

      Delete
  26. I love the skull scarfs they are such a cute and creative way to play up the outfit, my favorite is the second one. The events sounded fun, and I hope you and your family had a good time.

    love is zero

    ReplyDelete
  27. Oh I'm so glad you had such a fun time with your family...and I love the outfits, especially that wonderful blue scarf!😊😊

    Have a great day...and stay safe!

    Hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete
  28. Green and blue, why not?! I love your green pants! Good combo of look Rebecca! Greetings from Holland

    ReplyDelete
  29. It is amazing two outfit look so different!! Alexander McQueen scarves are great finishing touch!

    akiko
    www.akikohiramatsu.com

    ReplyDelete
  30. I love those green jeans of yours! You styled them perfectly for your outings with the kids. Sounds like fun!

    ReplyDelete
  31. I really love how you pair your outfits :)

    xx Alyssa | Style Vanity

    ReplyDelete
  32. Both outfits are such foolproof combinations and I like how you worked bright colors in. It's great that you were able to enjoy some nice weather during the school holidays with your little ones.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I love good weather on the school holidays!

      Delete
  33. Very nice post ! Thanks for stopping for my blog ! Have a great week! 🎀🎀🎀

    ReplyDelete
  34. I do love those green jeans :-D

    Weather has been okay in Scotland, raining some days and overcast other days.

    ReplyDelete
  35. This reminds me that I really need to pick up a few cardigans for this upcoming A/W season! I only have two right now, and I want some neutral-coloured ones :) Love these looks! xx

    brineandbooks.com

    ReplyDelete
  36. Dearest Mica,
    Love your happy smile here and you really put together a nice and above all a comfy and warm enough outfit for your winter!
    Hugs,
    Mariette

    ReplyDelete
  37. the blue color looks good on the camera, the right color selection

    ReplyDelete
  38. I am always super impressed at your stylish outfits. Hooray for fun days outside too. Today we will struggle to get to double figures so the closest I am coming to outside is looking through the window.

    ReplyDelete
  39. You look fantastic in both stylings my dear! I love colors of first outfit :-)

    ReplyDelete
  40. I love the blue and green together! Both looks are so fun but I always gravitate towards olive and navy rather than the brighter shades.

    ReplyDelete
  41. I always love your Alexander McQueen skull scarves, Mica! It sounds like you and the boys had a wonderful time. Sorry to hear your knee is still bothering you, though.

    ReplyDelete
  42. Thanks all for your lovely comments :)

    ReplyDelete

Your feedback on my outfits and any constructive criticism is welcomed. I appreciate the time you take to leave a kind comment. Make sure to tick 'Notify me' if you've asked a question so you get an email response :)

Feel free to leave a link to your blog so I can check it out. "Follow me" or "follow for follow" comment spam will not be published.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...