Wednesday 6 November 2019

Matching Bright Bags to Skinny Jeans With Tees and Kimonos

Taking advantage of the spring weather to wear two blue kimonos. Wearing two different brightly coloured jeans that match the bags I chose to wear too. I like being a little matchy-matchy when wearing a colourful bag. I've shared matching bags to shoesscarves and printed tees before too.

What I wore:

navy floral cocoon kimono with white tee green skinny jeans and matching bag | away from blue

Rebecca Minkoff emerald green mini 5-zip rocker bag with floral kimono | awayfromtheblue

awayfromtheblue Instagram | blue and green spring SAHM style outfit with floral kimono white tee skinny jeans
JacketCotton On 'Gemma' cocoon kimono in Laos blossom navy print
Necklace: thrifted cream and navy statement flat bead necklace
TeeAtmos & Here white essential v-neck tee
Jeans: thrifted ASOS petite green skinny jeans
Shoesslim gold Havaianas
BagRebecca Minkoff emerald green mini 5-zip rocker bag

Why I wore it:

Wore this for a warm spring day that quickly turned into a very hot day! I regretted picking this kimono a little, it's  a cosy cocoon style which was a bit too warm by the time we got halfway around the bike trail the boys were scooting and biking around.

I regretted the white tee choice too when we did some baking later in the afternoon. Luckily the cocoa powder stains came out in the wash!

I did like the colour combo in this outfit though, navy and green look so nice together and the little green Rebecca Minkoff 5 zip bag complimented the green jeans nicely.


Last worn: floral kimono, flat beaded necklace, white tee, green skinny jeans, gold Havaianas, Rebecca Minkoff mini 5 zip bag.

Other ways to wearfloral kimono and shortswhite tee and pencil skirt, green skinny jeans and leopard print, Rebecca Minkoff mini 5 zip bag with olive green.

Perfect for pregnancyfloral kimono in third trimester.


My Favourite Rebecca Minkoff Bag







What I wore:

navy printed kimono with grey tee red skinny jeans matching bag SAHM spring outfit | away from blue

Rebecca Minkoff red micro Avery cross body bag | away from the blue

awayfromblue Instagram | skinny jeans and kimono outfit grey tee with blue and red micro avery bag
JacketNew Look Petite print kimono
Necklace: Kmart navy and gold beaded tassel necklace
Tee: Spectrum basic v-neck tee in grey marl
Jeans: thrifted Emerson red skinny jeans
ShoesConverse Chuck Taylor All Star low in black
BagRebecca Minkoff red micro Avery cross body bag

Why I wore it:

Sticking with the same simple outfit formula I wore above with a blue kimono, v-neck tee and bright skinny jeans. Went with red ones and picked my little red Rebecca Minkoff micro Avery tote bag as well. Just like the bag and jeans above, the shades don't match exactly but do compliment each other nicely.

Wore this on a day it was predicted to rain so we headed out to an indoor play place for the kids. It didn't rain but the boys did have a lot of fun, especially when the special guest arrived. Queen Elsa was very lovely and "remembered" them from Disneyland which made their day! Something a bit different for them and they really enjoyed it.


Last worn: navy printed kimono, navy and gold tassel necklace, grey v neck tee, red skinny jeans, Converse, Rebecca Minkoff micro Avery tote bag.

Other ways to wearnavy printed kimono and pencil skirt, grey v neck tee and maxi skirt, red skinny jeans in winter, Converse and maxi skirt, Rebecca Minkoff micro Avery tote bag with little black dress.

Perfect for pregnancynavy printed kimono at 39 weeks, grey v neck tee in third trimester, Converse in second trimester.



Blue Printed Kimonos Under $50:




How You Can Wear It:

A brightly coloured bag can easily be matched to something else in your outfit, like these bright skinny jeans. Wearing them with other neutral pieces like the tees or pairing with your favourite colour like these blue kimonos makes for a simple colourful outfit.



Linking up with Fashion Files, Chic and Stylish, Fancy Friday, Fabulous Friday, Lizzie In Lace.




Follow Away From the Blue on:
Bloglovin
Twitter : Instagram Youtube : Facebook : LikeToKnow.It 

61 comments:

  1. Cool outfits look stunning on you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute bags dear! nice idea!
    have a wonderful day! xx

    La ilusión de Nina - http://lailusiondenina.blogspot.com.es/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love these bags and colorful outfits! You combined all items perfectly and you look really gorgeous in both of them!

    jointyicroissanty

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have a pair of green pants about that same shade - I usually wear them in spring only for some crazy reason. I guess the bright color feels like spring to me. Great idea to wear a kimono!
    xo,
    Kellyann

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. These have been getting a lot of wear this spring! It's a great colour for that! :)

      Delete
  5. I love your bag matching skills - I usually opt for basic black purses so matching is never a problem but I would love to add a couple of vibrantly coloured bags to my collection as well. And I'm also glad you got the baking-related stains out of your t-shirt, ha ha.

    Courtney ~ Sartorial Sidelines

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I'm so glad all the stains came out! I love mixing things up a bit with my bright bags :)

      Delete
  6. I enjoy being matchy matchy too, it adds a bit of extra fun to the outfits!
    https://www.closet-fashionista.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh I'm really liking the red/grey/navy combo in your second look! It's giving me summer vibes, and summer is always a favorite. :) Great bag choices too per usual!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful colorful outfits!!! It's so cool that we are having fall weather and you are having spring at the moment!! Can't wait to see more spring looks!! x

    Yiota
    pinkdaisyloves.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Feeling more like summer here at the moment to be honest though, haha! A very hot spring.

      Delete
  9. You're doing my favorite things here... wearing that kelly green AND a kimono. I love this outfit!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love how you styled your kimonos, you look so pretty as always. xx

    https://www.ninakobi.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Okay, first of all, I love both looks. A lot. But my absolute favourite thing has to be the necklace you are wearing in that first outfit. Wow! What a lovely piece!
    the-creationofbeauty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. I like your bright bags. These looks are a little more casual than I usually see you in. I'm glad the cocoa powder came out in the wash! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Bright jeans/trousers are so fun!

    Hope you're having a good week so far, Mica!

    -Ashley
    Le Stylo Rouge

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love both of these outfit. Its so hard to keep white clothes white. When you have kids. Lucky there stain remover that helps with getting the stains out.

    http://www.amysfashionblog.com/blog-home

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I'm glad the stains came out this time!

      Delete
  15. I'm loving both of your outfits, Mica! You really are the Queen of Kimonos ;-) and you wear them so well. As I'm a big fan of green, and of green and navy in particular, your first outfit is my favourite! Enjoy the rest of your week! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  16. I just love that you have bags that coordinate with your pants! The green and red (in both pants and bags) are striking colors and both outfits are great. It's so funny to see you in flip flops now. We're starting to bundle up here. So, I'll assume it's nice and warm for Christmas - does that make it hard to get into the spirit of things?

    Ruth

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love Christmas - even when it's warm! Although snow would be pretty too!

      Delete
  17. I'm loving all the colorful pants! Great outfits!

    http://roadesque.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. Maybe there are a ton of blue kimonos out there because I have two different ones too!! I keep thinking I need some other colors ones. I just LOVE it with the green pants. I need to put that combo together.
    OXOX
    Jodie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad I could inspire you to try that combo! :)

      Delete
  19. Bright skinnys are so fun and gives out a happy vibe! xx

    https://www.crystalchiffon.com/

    ReplyDelete
  20. You are the queen of kimonos, Mica! I love both of these outfits - such nice bright colours, and really well accessorized! I hope you're having a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  21. You can literally rock any looks, I am loving the vibe of this post :)
    Looking forward to reading more of your posts.

    - Marina W

    http://www.waitmarinawho.com/2019/11/montmartre-paris.html

    ReplyDelete
  22. Very nice green pant
    https://www.melodyjacob.com/2019/11/3-free-christmas-and-new-year-countdown.html

    ReplyDelete
  23. These colors are too beautiful! You are looking so pretty and gorgeous! Wonderful Post! Have a great day!
    Allurerage
    Rampdiary
    Instagram

    ReplyDelete
  24. Skinnies are great for me when I need to clean my house or do errands!! You look fab as always x

    ReplyDelete
  25. I have never been to an indoor play area with my children, is it worth going? I always figured it was sticky and expensive there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We get discounts through kindy often which help, and it's never sticky...but we do liberally use hand sanitiser while there, ha!

      Delete
  26. Love both outfits as always, Mica. You can't go wrong with kimonos...unless it gets too hot!:D And yay for Queen Elsa remembering them! So adorable:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was the cutest thing - she was very talented, she sang to them and everything!

      Delete
  27. So I need to make sure to get some kimonos this coming Spring: I talked about it all Spring and Summer but never did! I love the colors of the first one with the green skinnies! That pop of green is very pretty and cheerful!
    www.chezmireillefashiontravelmom.com

    ReplyDelete
  28. You have some beautiful kimonos and you style everything so well. Your green and red pants reminded me of mine. Now I will also be wearing them. Thanks for being the inspiration Mica. Have a great day my dear. :-)

    Via | http://glossnglitters.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad I could give you the inspiration to rewear yours!

      Delete
  29. You have such great collection of kimonos Mica, I need some kimonos for me. The second with red jeans look is wonderful. Loving your red bag as well.
    Have a nice day.
    Kisses <3
    http://www.rakhshanda-chamberofbeauty.com/

    ReplyDelete
  30. I like the pretty outfits and the kimonos you are wearing Mica. I am amazed how you work, have children, and have time to blog! My daughter started blogging when she was 13 years old and is now 19. She is the one who encouraged me to blog and I'm so glad to meet bloggers like you! Hope you have a nice weekend. Julie xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a juggle balancing it all but I like to use the time the boys sleep to blog! :)

      Delete
  31. Love your brightly colored pants! So unexpected

    michellespaige.com

    ReplyDelete
  32. I am all about skinny jeans! Those bright pants are so fun and definitely add a whole new element to your outfits!

    http://www.ruthyannie.com

    ReplyDelete
  33. I really like the kimonos, they add a little something-something to an outfit don't they? :) I like the bags matched to your jeans too.

    It's actually quite cool here, like 8 degrees or so! I couldn't imagine how warm it is in Aus haha, I wouldn't want to do anything in that sort of heat.

    Sarah xo Oomph London

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha it has been a very hot spring so far!

      Delete
  34. Love both of these kimonos! Those sneaks in the second look are so fun.

    https://www.kathrineeldridge.com

    ReplyDelete
  35. I love a good pair of skinny jeans, I tend to stick to either black or blue though (and I have different shades of blue lol). I'm going to get out of my comfort zone next S/S and add colour to my wardrobe! Love both looks btw! ♥


    Sam
    http://www.sams-wardrobe.com

    ReplyDelete
  36. I need to check out indoor play places! It's nice to know about a few of them for when you have bad weather! It's great your kids enjoyed themselves!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are a lot around here - so good when it's wet or too hot to play outside!

      Delete
  37. I like your kimonos, Mica! I have the cocoon one; I wear it with leggings.
    Your skinny jeans are so pretty and looking great with the same color of bags.

    ReplyDelete
  38. I must have told you this before; Blue looks so good on you. :)

    amakamedia.com

    ReplyDelete
  39. I like the first match! :)
    Hi do you want follow each other?
    Fifty Shades Fashion Blog
    My Instagram

    ReplyDelete
  40. Love these colors, especially the first outfit dear.

    Jessica | notjessfashion.com

    ReplyDelete
  41. Your bold color combos are so fun and perfect for spring!
    Chic on the Cheap

    ReplyDelete
  42. You styled your kimonos beautifully! And I love that you matched your bags to jeans. It's such a fun way to make your outfit more cohesive.

    Ekaterina | Polar Bear Style

    ReplyDelete
  43. I'm sorry you regretted the first outfit! I can relate as sometimes the weather can surprise us. I, for one, despise going into the mall without an insulating outerwear as I often like to dress light for the outdoors and sometimes forget that buildings here are in winter season! LOL. I love the way the colored skinnies pop out visually. They're such a mood-lifter ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha yes, it can be so cold in the aircon in summer!

      Delete
  44. Thanks all for your lovely comments :)

    ReplyDelete

Your feedback on my outfits and any constructive criticism is welcomed. I appreciate the time you take to leave a kind comment. Make sure to tick 'Notify me' if you've asked a question so you get an email response :)

Feel free to leave a link to your blog so I can check it out. "Follow me" or "follow for follow" comment spam will not be published.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...