Wednesday 1 May 2019

Grey Tees, Denim Shorts and Kimonos: Easy Mum Style

Sometimes the simplest outfits are the best! I love a good grey tee, and they are so nice with denim shorts. Throw on a printed kimono to feel a little more pulled together, and accessorise with a bright neon bag. Easy and perfect for a day with the kids!

What I wore:


floral kimono grey tee, denim shorts, neon pink mini mac bag | awayfromblue

rebecca minkoff neon pink mini MAC bag with denim shorts | awayfromtheblue

awayfromtheblue instagram | mum style navy floral kimono denim shorts grey tee neon pink mini mac bag
JacketCotton On 'Gemma' cocoon kimono in Laos blossom navy print
Necklace: Kmart pink multi-colour beaded necklace
TeeAtmos&Here grey v-neck tee with rolled sleeves (also in black)
Shortsthrifted Jeanswest distressed denim shorts
ShoesRebecca Minkoff Georgina studded gladiator sandals in blush
Bracelets: the usual plus Cora purpleheart and mother of pearl watch C/O JORD
BagRebecca Minkoff neon pink mini MAC

Why I wore it:

I needed a simple outfit for a stressful Monday so I fell back on my much loved outfit formula. To accessorise I just decided to pick everything pink as there is some pink in the floral print of the kimono. even though everything was a different shade of pink, I think it all worked well together. I love the way this neon pink mini MAC bag pops with the grey tee and the navy kimono, it really shines against neutrals. It's such a frequent accessory choice when I wear this kimono!

It was a stressful start to the morning as we had an appointment to keep but my phone had died the day before so I was desperately hunting for a replacement phone around the appointment time. The kids behaved so well as I dragged them round store after store. I'd picked out a possible new phone for Christmas but decided against it, so I knew the model I wanted, but it wasn't as widely available as it was in December! Thankfully I tracked it down, at the sixth store we went to. Yes, 6. My boys were so patient, but it was a stressful morning for us all!


Last worn: floral print kimono, pink beaded necklace, slouchy grey tee, distressed denim shorts, studded gladiator sandals, neon pink Mini MAC bag.

Other ways to wearfloral print kimono and skinny jeans, slouchy grey tee and green jeans, distressed denim shorts and striped tank, studded gladiator sandals worn 30 ways, neon pink Mini MAC bag and printed dress.

Perfect for pregnancyfloral print kimono at 39 weeks, slouchy grey tee in second trimester.



What's In My Bag: Rebecca Minkoff Mini MAC










What I wore:

colourful accessories on monochrome grey tee black shorts outfit neon bag navy kimono | away from blue

Rebecca Minkoff neon pink mini MAC | away from the blue

awayfromblue instagram | mum style monochrome shorts and tee outfit with colourful accessories neon bag navy kimono
JacketNew Look Petite print kimono
Necklace: navy and silver circle pendant tassel necklace
Tee: Spectrum basic v-neck tee in grey marl
ShortsJeanswest Sara distressed hot short
Shoesblack slim Havaianas thongs
BagRebecca Minkoff neon pink mini MAC

Why I wore it:

Looking a little flat here - I was starting to feel unwell and lose my voice, but I'd pre-booked a fun morning and I had to pick up a few last minute birthday party things for baby boy's birthday party the next day, so I pushed through.

Our morning started with messy play - I'd picked all these things to wear as they could be easily washed (as advised when I booked the tickets). I did not expect to have to wash the grey tee quite so quickly though, after I took pics there was an incident with a breakfast bowl and I had to quickly take this off, stuff it in the washing machine and find another grey tee to replace it. Luckily I have a few! 😂

Thankfully at the actual messy play I managed to keep my clothes clean - although the boys loved getting dirty and my legs were covered in green 'slime' at the end of it. Lots of fun! Complete change of clothes for them and a bit of a clean with baby wipes and we were ready to run around the shops and pick up all the last minute party things.


Last worn: navy printed kimono, grey v-neck tee, navy tassel necklace, black denim shorts, Havaianas, Rebecca Minkoff neon mini MAC (above).

Other ways to wearnavy printed kimono and pencil skirt, grey v-neck tee over a maxi dress, black denim shorts and printed tee, Rebecca Minkoff neon mini MAC with purple.

Perfect for pregnancynavy printed kimono in second trimester, grey v-neck tee in second trimester.



Grey Tees Under $50:




How You Can Wear It:

A grey tee is a wardrobe staple and you can never have too many! It looks great worn with denim shorts on a warmer day, and you can easily add more colour and interest with bright accessories or a printed kimono.




Follow Away From the Blue on:
Bloglovin
Twitter : Instagram Youtube : Facebook : LikeToKnow.It 

32 comments:

  1. Kimonos are my go to in the summer months - they just really pull a casual outfit together and generally keep me from freezing due to the a/c! I am so happy your boys were so patient, I know when mine were young they didn't love going to stores but it seemed when I needed it most they behaved!
    Have a great rest of the week Mica - glad you got your phone!
    xo,
    Kellyann

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes shopping with them can be a bit hit and miss, haha!

      Delete
  2. I love a good grey tee too. They are perfect with most outfits. I like your first outfit a lot, the kimono print is so pretty and the pink details in its floral match the pink necklace and the RM bag really well. I imagine it must have been stressful looking for a new phone in six stores that day, and it's nice your boys were patient, most kids get impatient in shops that aren't toy shops.

    The second outfit is lovely as well. It seems like you had a fun day too at that activity you booked. When is your son's birthday? Happy birthday to him in advance. Have a nice day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the birthday wishes - he had his birthday the other month :)

      Delete
  3. Oooh I absolutely love your hair! Hope you're having an excellent week,
    Amy xx
    callmeamy.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love how that pink bag went so well with both outfits:) You look great as always. And glad to hear you found the phone. Your boys are super patient for sure:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree, simple looks with pops from accessories are the best and easiest outfits, haha. Need to do it more often
    https://www.closet-fashionista.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely looks, the kimonos always look nice and love the new shorter hair!

    Gemma x
    www.jacquardflower.uk

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really like both outfits! :) Denim shorts are my absolute go-to in summer! They are super easy throw on and look great with practically everything!

    www.callmemaddie.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really love the touch that the kimonos add to each look :D
    very nice!! kisses!

    My blog - Lalabetterdayz

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love this look and the color the kimono and bag bring out. Your hair looks so cute!

    x,
    S | Je M'appelle Chanel

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow that's crazy you had to go to 6 stores to phone the phone you wanted.

    http://www.amysfashionblog.com/blog-home

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They released a new version a few weeks after so I think they were just selling the old stock and that was why it was so hard to find, haha!

      Delete
  11. I love your casual vibe - the pink bag really pops! Ugh, being covered in green slime sounds awful...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was an experience for sure, haha!

      Delete
  12. I really like both kimonos, but the first one is particularly beautiful. I say that as someone who will always choose blue over pink, too! It's too cold for shorts here now but I've been getting seriously good mileage out of my basic grey tee from Kmart. Honestly it's the most boring things that I end up wearing the most, I think! It's just so good and comfy for travel I find.

    Sorry to hear your phone broke, how stressful. Hope the new one is working out ok. And messy play sounds like so much fun for the boys! Hope you all had fun!

    ReplyDelete
  13. That bright neon pink MAC is giving me envy! How cute is it, it really livens up your outfits! Hope you're well, Mica!
    Raindrops of Sapphire

    ReplyDelete
  14. You sure know how to vamp up a plain grey tee and denim shorts with your fabulous kimonos and neon pink bag! Isn't it horrible when one's phone dies? We have gotten so used to these things! Also, I hope you are feeling better, Mica! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks :) I was glad to get it replaced and see all my photos again!

      Delete
  15. I'm glad you were finally able to find a replacement phone and your kids were so good! Especially after 6 stores! That is crazy! It could have been really stressful if the kids were acting up. I swear kids sometimes know when we are frustrated or stressed and then act on their best behavior. My oldest does that when I have a migraine. She is the best!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh she is so sweet! i think I got really lucky with them behaving so well!

      Delete
  16. What a beautiful color that bag has! I Just told ankther blogger that I almost never wear grey although I love the color. I think this is a hint! Haha.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I can appreciate why you like this style of bag so much; it's the perfect size for when you're on-the-go and/or running errands! I hope you're having a lovely week so far Mica :)

    aglassofice.com x

    ReplyDelete
  18. You always make kimonos look great!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I absolutely love your neon pink bag, Mica! It's such a great colour and style. It's made me want to buy a new pink bag! Not that I need any encouragement! Haha! ;) XXX

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I'll take any excuse to buy a new bag, haha!

      Delete
  20. That MAC is such a fun pop of color! And you know I always love your kimonos! :) Congrats to getting through six stores with the kids and no meltdowns!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I'm still getting used to seeing you in the new haircut Mica !
    It's funny how both Sheila and I relate the Rebecca Minkoff brand to you: you're such a great brand ambassador.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Or someone who spends too much on the bags, ha!

      Delete
  22. Thanks all for your lovely comments :)

    ReplyDelete

Your feedback on my outfits and any constructive criticism is welcomed. I appreciate the time you take to leave a kind comment. Make sure to tick 'Notify me' if you've asked a question so you get an email response :)

Feel free to leave a link to your blog so I can check it out. "Follow me" or "follow for follow" comment spam will not be published.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...