Monday 9 September 2019

Weekday Wear Linkup: Matching Handbags and Necklaces with Printed Shirts and Colourful Pants For The Office

For roday's Weekday Wear Linkup I'm sharing two simple yet colourful outfits I wore to the office. Keeping the accessories as colourful as my pants, I matched my handbags to my bright beaded statement necklaces. I've previously shared about matching bags to shoes, scarves and printed tees before, this time I'm wearing matching accessories together.

What I wore:

olive skinny jeans and mixed print shirt business causal outfit matching shoes and necklace emerald green | awayfromblue

Rebecca Minkoff emerald green mini 5-zip rocker bag | awayfromtheblue

NecklaceStarfish Project Hannah turquoise bead necklace
ShirtJeanswest 'Ruby' mixed print shirt
JeansJeanswest Vicki skinny pant in moss green
ShoesMarc by Marc Jacobs metallic mouse flats
BagRebecca Minkoff emerald green mini 5-zip rocker bag

Why I wore it:

In case you missed me sharing the news on Instagram, this fluffy and very curious dog is our temporary foster family member while we dogsit. She loves coming up to me while I'm taking photos and trying to figure out what I'm doing, it can make taking photos a little tricky!

I was eager to wear my new Rebecca Minkoff mini 5 zip bag after I bought it on eBay, and I knew this green statement necklace would be the perfect match with it. I've worn it with olive jeans before so knew I'd like this combination, and this printed shirt is an easy simple piece to make my jeans a little more dressed up for the office. But when your boss wears jeans you don't really need to try too hard to dress up denim!


Last worn: mixed print shirt, green statement necklace, olive skinny jeans, gold mouse flats. It's the first time I've worn the bag on the blog as it's a recent purchase.

Other ways to wearmixed print shirt and shorts, olive skinny jeans for long haul flight, gold mouse flats and wrap dress.

Perfect for pregnancymixed print shirt in first trimester, gold mouse flats in third trimester.


My Favourite Rebecca Minkoff Bag:







What I wore:

pinstripe shirt with burgundy pants and red accessories matching necklace and bag | away from blue

Rebecca Minkoff red micro Avery cross body bag | away from the blue
Necklace: thrifted red flat bead necklace
Shirt: Target mint stripe shirt
PantsJeanswest 'Fiona' skinny leg pant in shiraz
ShoesMarc by Marc Jacobs logo plaque flats in camel
BagRebecca Minkoff red micro Avery cross body bag

Why I wore it:

I've worn this mint striped shirt with the burgundy pants before and really liked the combination, so I thought I'd wear it again. A classic button up shirt is great for the office, and this one is a comfortable linen. It does however start to look quickly crumpled through the day, and was more noticeable as I left the sleeves down this time instead of rolling them up.

The red and burgundy combo was a new one for me to try - this thrifted necklace pairs so nicely with the red Rebecca Minkoff micro Avery bag and I thought they would be a fun combo together with the pants.

Didn't like this as much as last time I wore this shirt and pants together though, I think since I was trying the red and burgundy I should have went with a more neutral shirt. Very comfortable outfit for a busy day at work though!


Last worn: mint striped shirt, red statement necklace, burgundy pants, camel ballet flats, Rebecca Minkoff micro Avery tote bag.

Other ways to wearmint striped shirt and pencil skirt, burgundy pants and embroidered blouse, camel ballet flats and sheath dress, Rebecca Minkoff micro Avery tote bag and shorts.

Perfect for pregnancymint striped shirt in second trimester, burgundy pants in first trimester, camel ballet flats in third trimester.



Printed Shirts Under $50:




How You Can Wear It:

A classic printed shirt works well in the office to bring a little interest to corporate separates. For something a little more fun, you can try pairing a printed shirt with colourful pants, or sneaking a pair of jeans into your outfit like I have with the first one if you work in a less formal environment.




Weekday Wear Linkup #35


Welcome to the Weekday Wear linkup! A linkup for you to share your weekday outfits - whether that is office wear or stay at home mum wear - if you wore it on a weekday, you can link it up!

Guidelines:
1. Please link to a specific outfit post, not your blog homepage.
2. Link back to this post so others can find the link up.
3. Follow your host Away From The Blue on BloglovinInstagramTwitterFacebook or YouTube.
4. Add up to two posts and be sure to visit and comment on as many other posts as possible to get some weekday outfit inspiration!
Optional: tweet the post you linked up with the hashtag #weekdayWearLinkUp so I can retweet!



Subscribe for The Weekday Wear Linkup reminder emails




Linking up with Mutton Style, Confident Twosday, Turning Heads, Style On The Daily, Fashion Frenzy, Oh Hey Girl.


Follow Away From the Blue on:
Bloglovin
Twitter : Instagram Youtube : Facebook : LikeToKnow.It 

70 comments:

  1. IT must be warming up over there, you don't look quite so bundled up. Spring must be around the corner for you since fall is for us!
    The dog is funny. It's nice of you to dogsit. My dog likes to hang around when we're taking pictures too.
    Matching accessories to your handbag is a great way to add some interest. I like the green so much - one of my favorite shades!
    Have a super week!
    xo,
    Kellyann

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes definitely a warm start to spring here!

      Delete
  2. The dog is adorable. Too bad he's not yours. I love your bag collection.
    www.comfycozyup.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She is very cute, but we do have our own dog already, she's just here for a little while!

      Delete
  3. You know how much I love things that match, Mica! So it won't be a surprise to you when I say how much I love the idea of matching bags to necklaces! ;) I really like your first outfit! The print on the shirt is really pretty and I love the necklace and bag complementing each other so well! I love the mouse flats too! Thanks for the linkup! Hope you have a wonderful week, Mica! XXX

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the matching necklace and bag combos! The print of that first blouse is so pretty. Thanks for the link up!

    https://www.kathrineeldridge.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great Spring colours for your warm start to Spring. As always your bags are the perfect match. Cute dog too , i bet your little ones are enjoying having him .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes our boys love having another dog around!

      Delete
  6. Mica, I love that you matched your handbags to your necklaces! So cute! The green bag and necklace are my favorite! It is my very favorite color ever!

    Shelbee
    www.shelbeeontheedge.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. The dog you are fostering is adorable! Love the unexpected red and burgundy combo!

    Jill - Doused in Pink

    ReplyDelete
  8. How fun that you're dog sitting! What a cutie! I also love your outfits. The color combo in your last outfit is one of my favorites!

    ReplyDelete
  9. The dog really looks adorable (and pretty curious!).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She's so fascinated by picture taking, our dog cooper is over it and not interested any more, haha!

      Delete
  10. I really like that first outfit with all the green! It is a great color on you and I love all the little touches!
    www.chezmireillefashiontravelmom.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Looking very chic and polished at the office! Those gold metallic flats are a fun neutral!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the matching necklaces and bags! I really only have one or two bags i can do that with because I don't have many colored necklaces, haha
    And such a cute puppy!
    https://www.closet-fashionista.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's fun if you have a lot of bright accessories!

      Delete
  13. I love these color combos and it is fun to match our accessories with our bags or shoes or whatever. I always like at least a little matching in an outfit, no matter what it is. Thanks for sharing. - Amy
    https://stylingrannymama.com/

    ReplyDelete
  14. Cute Mica! I love how you match your bags to your necklaces. It just makes it more fun. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love the idea of matching the necklace to the purse, Mica!! How perfect is that??
    XOXO
    Jodie

    ReplyDelete
  16. Ooh I love the pop of color from the accessories. The mint and red are especially fun together!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful bags and the dog aaaaaaawwn so cute ♥

    https://www.heyimwiththeband.com.br/

    ReplyDelete
  18. Such cute outfits! Love the pop of color.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love matchy looks from time to time. These 2 look great

    michellespaige.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love how your accessories all match <3 your necklaces and your bag- super gorgeous!

    As always thank you for the support on my blog by leaving a comment. I will always try to return the love and support (even though it's take me more than a week but we got there haha)! xxx

    The Faceless Style

    ReplyDelete
  21. We often see people matching their shoes to their bag, but I love the idea of matching your jewelry, particularly necklace styles like what you're wearing in these looks! They really capture the eye and create a nice cohesive flow to your looks. Great styling and inspiration; thanks for sharing, beauty!

    XO,
    Jalisa
    THE STYLE CONTOUR

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's nice to try different things with matching!

      Delete
  22. The shirt you're wearing in your first outfit is fabulous, and I'm loving the emerald green bag! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  23. I really like your bags <3

    xx Alyssa | STYLE VANITY

    ReplyDelete
  24. Love that you've matched your jewelry to your handbags! I love all we can add little pops of color in places like this, and shoes.

    Alexandra
    EyeLoveKnots.com

    ReplyDelete
  25. Love your handbags!
    ~Samantha
    http://goldcoastgirlblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  26. I absolutely LOVE the shades of green! The mint is so pretty and light and that green emerald bag is stunning!

    http://www.ruthyannie.com

    ReplyDelete
  27. The dog is so cute! Also I'm loving your outfits and gorgeous bags! Amazing styling!

    http://roadesque.com

    ReplyDelete
  28. I've tried mint and burgundy before, but I love the addition of red! It's a fun bright color and compliments them both so nicely! I like the bright turquoise with olive too! Both of these outfits really shine with their bright accessories!

    ReplyDelete
  29. The matching bag and necklace is super cute:) You do have such a great bag collection! And yay for the new doggo friend (even if only for dog sitting:D)

    ReplyDelete
  30. Lovely neckkaces! Thanks for hosting Mica!

    ReplyDelete
  31. You seem to have such a relaxed dress code at work! I love the first outfit, the gold shoes look fab with the green!

    Corinne x
    www.skinnedcartree.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do! It's officially 'business casual' but in practice it is a lot of blue jeans worn through the week, even from the higher-ups!

      Delete
  32. LOL! I just love your little helper. I have two who are usually somewhere close to or right in the middle of things when I'm working on post photos. It can be a challenge. What great color mixes you come up with! They're not something I'd normally think of but they work out so beautifully. Definitely when you're wearing gray it's wonderful to add a pop of color and that teal is just gorgeous. I love the idea of matching the bag and just one accessory.

    Thanks so much for hosting these linkups!

    Ruth
    https://voguefauxreal.com/2019/09/06

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dogs can be the cutest little helpers around though, haha! I wish our Shih Tzu was in more pics, like the early days, but he's just no longer interested!

      Delete
  33. These are such great outfit ideas for the office! I love how you styled these colorful pants. Very cute!

    https://colorandgrace.com/

    ReplyDelete
  34. I really like all of the green accents in your first outfit. I haven't gotten on the micro bag trend, yet. I'm tall, so I think I'd feel like I was carrying a child's purse. I like the burgundy and red together--I don't think I've put those together. Yet!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. being petite I love the mini bag trend, give me all the mini bags for my short self, haha!

      Delete
  35. Love both these colored bags, especially the green one. I've been very fond of bright teal/jade-looking colors recently.

    ReplyDelete
  36. You look great.. you've styled the outfits beautifully as always.

    ReplyDelete
  37. I love this styling trick- it ends up looking so fun + chic!

    -Ashley
    Le Stylo Rouge

    ReplyDelete
  38. I love so much your first outfit. It is so perfect combination of colors. Thank you so much for inspiration. Wish you beautiful and amazing rest of week.

    New Post - http://www.exclusivebeautydiary.com/2019/09/olaplex-hair-perfector-no-3-ordinary.html

    ReplyDelete
  39. Both great outfits, Mica. The second outfit is my favourite. The bag is dope.

    https://www.missymayification.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  40. Thank you for hosting Mica. Pretty necklaces, I love wearing them and have a few to my name. Jacqui Mummabstylish

    ReplyDelete
  41. I like the first outfit darling
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  42. Aww, what a cute pup! Think you'll keep her?
    Cheryl Shops | www.cherylshops.net

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She has a family who love her very much, we are just looking after her for a short amount of time :)

      Delete
  43. Aww, such cute outfits but I'm drooling with your necklace. I love how you have matched it with your bag.
    Have a great day.
    Kisses <3
    http://www.rakhshanda-chamberofbeauty.com/

    ReplyDelete
  44. I love both of your outfits Mica and how you inject colour in both of them. And I must say your handbags are divine and the dog is cute :)
    https://lookingfabulousat50.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  45. Love the blue and maroon together. When I saw the dog in your picture. I was like wait that a different dog. Since I know you have a small one. Hope your week is going good.

    http://www.amysfashionblog.com/blog-home

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha yes! She's staying with us for a while :)

      Delete
  46. Your first bag reminds me of my own blue leather Danier bag with the chain on the strap. I LOVE your colour combo in the second outfit! Mica! You're not wearing blue! ;-P The mint green + red + burgundy is amazing! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm branching out so much with other colour combos! thanks for the encouragement and support Sheila! :)

      Delete
  47. Lovely looks dear, especially the 2nd outfit. Such a cool color.

    Jessica | notjessfashion.com

    ReplyDelete
  48. You look stunning in this all green outfit Mica. The blue and red styling is just as stunning. I love the red necklace and the red bag.

    ReplyDelete
  49. Thanks all for your lovely comments :)

    ReplyDelete
  50. That little red bag is precious! I have a fair amount of RM and used to have a teal Mac. Love yours with all of the zippers.
    thanks for linking!
    jess xx
    www.elegantlydressedandstylish.com

    ReplyDelete
  51. I actually love your second outfit! I think it's a surprising color combination, but it actually works really well together. I think you've inspired me to try out something similar :)

    Kathrin | Polar Bear Style

    ReplyDelete
  52. The colors in your outfits are always so beautiful! I actually really like your second outfit. The red, burgundy, and mint look great together!

    x Kara | http://karascloset.net

    ReplyDelete
  53. I love the way you matched the necklace to the bag- stands out so nicely!

    ReplyDelete
  54. P.S. Your foster dog is so cute!

    ReplyDelete

Your feedback on my outfits and any constructive criticism is welcomed. I appreciate the time you take to leave a kind comment. Make sure to tick 'Notify me' if you've asked a question so you get an email response :)

Feel free to leave a link to your blog so I can check it out. "Follow me" or "follow for follow" comment spam will not be published.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...