Monday 28 January 2019

Plain V-Neck Tees With Textured Pencil Skirts, Statement Necklaces and Rebecca Minkoff Regan Bag | Weekday Wear Linkup

A pencil skirt and tee is a great office outfit! If you work in a business casual office like mine, it fits in with everyone else wearing jeans during the week. If your office is a little more formal, you might be able to wear this for casual Friday. You can always throw a blazer on top too if you need to be a little more dressed up.

I paired two of my fave v-neck tees with some textured pencil skirts and statement necklaces for simple summer office style.

What I wore:

black v-neck tee, pink polka dot pencil skirt business casual summer outfit Regan bag | awayfromblue

Rebecca Minkoff Regan Satchel Tote in moon with llama charm and pink polka dot skirt | awayfromtheblue

awayfromblue Instagram | black plain tee polka dot blush pencil skirt navy regan bag
NecklaceEye Candy LA 'Sasha' statement necklace
TeeAtmos & Here black essential v-neck tee
Skirt: Cotton On 'Mica' mesh spot skirt in dusty pink
ShoesWalnut Melbourne 'Ava' black lizard ballet flats (also available in silver)
BagRebecca Minkoff Regan Satchel Tote in moon

Why I wore it:

This polka dot pencil skirt is an old favourite, and I usually end up pairing it with black, such a simple choice to match the fuzzy dots on the mesh. This plain black tee which has been a frequent go to since I bought it seemed like a nice option that I hadn't tried before.

I added the statement necklace to dress my outfit up a little. It was a busy day of meetings and presenting, so I added a blazer in my bag too, although it was much too hot for me to wear it in the photos that morning! I was pleased when my necklace got a few compliments during the day, the plain black tee really made it pop! The work day flew by too which was nice.


Last worn: plain black tee, statement necklace, pink polka dot pencil skirt, black ballet flats, Rebecca Minkoff Regan bag.

Other ways to wearplain black tee and jeans, pink polka dot pencil skirt in winter, black ballet flats and jeans, Rebecca Minkoff Regan bag and purple jeans.

Perfect for pregnancypink polka dot pencil skirt in first trimester, black ballet flats in second trimester.


What's In My Bag: Rebecca Minkoff Regan









What I wore:

white v neck plain tee with blue lace pencil skirt business casual summer style | away from blue

lace skirt and Rebecca Minkoff Regan Satchel Tote in moon | away from the blue

awayfromtheblue Instagram white tee lace skirt green necklace navy regan bag summer business casual office style
NecklaceStarfish Project Hannah turquoise bead necklace
TeeAtmos & Here white essential v-neck tee (new purchase)
SkirtAsos blue textured lace pencil skirt
ShoesMarc by Marc Jacobs metallic mouse flats
BagRebecca Minkoff Regan Satchel Tote in moon

Why I wore it:

As you can see, I went and bought the white version of this tee since I loved the black so much! 😂 Instead of sizing down like I did with the black tee, I stuck with my regular size in this, hoping if it was a more relaxed fit it would be a little less sheer. I didn't have to worry though. This shirt isn't completely opaque but you can't see a nude bra under it so I'm happy. I did contemplate exchanging it (The Iconic have an awesome returns policy) but I decided to keep this size anyway. I do think it looked a little more casual than the outfit above though as the tee is more relaxed. I kept my blazer on for most of the time in the office, although I did take it off for our team lunch to enjoy the sunshine!

I really liked the plain white tee with the blue lace skirt, I've worn this skirt frequently with white tops before. I did feel it was lacking a little something though so I added the green necklace for a little pop of colour. My nails were green too, to match the Instagram style prompt of the day, but as I didn't take a closeup pic you'll just have to imagine it!


Last worn: green necklace, blue lace pencil skirt, gold mouse flats, Rebecca Minkoff Regan (above). First time I've worn the tee as it's a recent purchase. 

Other ways to wearblue lace pencil skirt in winter, gold mouse flats and wrap dress, Rebecca Minkoff Regan and floral dress.

Perfect for pregnancyblue lace pencil skirt in second trimester, gold mouse flats in third trimester.



V-Neck Tees Under $50:




How You Can Wear It:

A plain tee is a staple in many wardrobes, especially a mum wardrobe where you need simple, practical and machine washable pieces! If you have a casual business environment in the office, you can make your tee do double duty by wearing it with a pencil skirt. Feel free to cover it up with a blazer or keep it to casual Fridays if your office is more formal.






Weekday Wear Linkup #04

Welcome to the Weekday Wear linkup! A linkup for you to share your weekday outfits - whether that is office wear or stay at home mum wear - if you wore it on a weekday, you can link it up!

Guidelines:
1. Please link to a specific outfit post, not your blog homepage.
2. Link back to this post so others can find the link up.
3. Follow your host Away From The Blue on BloglovinInstagramTwitterFacebook or YouTube.
4. Add up to two posts and be sure to visit and comment on as many other posts as possible to get some weekday outfit inspiration!
Optional: tweet the post you linked up with the hashtag #weekdayWearLinkUp so I can retweet!




Subscribe for The Weekday Wear Linkup reminder emails



Linking up with Pink Sole, On Mondays We Link Up, Start The Week Stylish, Confident Twosday, Turning Heads, Style On The Daily, Oh Hey Girl, Fashion Frenzy, Fashion Files, Chic and Stylish.


Follow Away From the Blue on:
Bloglovin
Twitter : Instagram Youtube : Facebook : Google Plus : LikeToKnow.It 

103 comments:

  1. What a elegant skirts! Both are very stylish! Thanks is for hosting and have a great start of the week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you. I've linked but the picture is not ideal. Do pop over to my link up. It's 3 posts back on my blog for some reason. I'm having a great time with technology aren't I, what with the pic here too :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for linking despite the technical issues!

      Delete
  3. Looking fab in both outfits hun, loving the skirt with the polka dots! Have an awesome week.


    xoxo
    Lovely
    www.mynameislovely.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loveee the first polka dot skirt!! Polka dot items are sooo in right now :)

    xx Sofia | SOFIAADOT

    ReplyDelete
  5. Two great pencil skirt outfits - it is getting too cold for skirts in the UK at the moment as winter is starting to arrive!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope winter isn't too cold for you! Thanks for linking up!

      Delete
  6. Both outfits are beautiful and perfect for work. I love your statement necklace on the first set of photos. It is gorgeous and a great way to instantly dress up your outfit.

    Maureen | www.littlemisscasual.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. You outfit looks simple yet chic... I love pencil skirts alot.

    Glowyshoe's blog



    ReplyDelete
  8. I have a dark pencil skirt that I love to wear in fall/winter with a thin cashmere jumper.

    Anne - Linda, Libra, Loca

    ReplyDelete
  9. I do agree. A nice tee and a pencil skirt is a great outfit combo, especially when you add a blazer to it. Offices are often air-conditioned so it can get a bit chilly in them even in summer.

    Both outfits are lovely. The black top works great with that polka dot skirt and that necklace really pops out against the black. The other outfit is also lovely, love the combo of light tee and a pattered pencil skirt. You look fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ivana, and thanks for linking up!

      Delete
  10. Love this chic styling for an office look! That lace pencil skirt is amazing and I adore the bag. Thanks for the link up!

    https://www.kathrineeldridge.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the first skirt! Its so cute x

    Laura
    https://pinkfrenzymissl.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love this look hun! Happy Monday!
    xx- Nina

    http://www.stylingwithnina.com/2019/01/casual-winter-look-facials-and-hair.html

    ReplyDelete
  13. That's the best thing about pencil skirts...they work for the office, but they can be casual too!!
    XOXO
    Jodie
    www.jtouchofstyle.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. OK really, are there any Rebecca Minkoff bags you don't have? Ha! I love the color of this Regan satchel and it completes the look so nicely with both of your outfits here! And you know I'm a big fan of that lace pencil skirt. :)
    Gina || On the Daily Express

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha yes, I do love my Rebecca Minkoff bags!

      Delete
  15. Love how you dressed up these office looks with fun necklaces <3
    Green Fashionista

    ReplyDelete
  16. I don't have a lot of pencil skirts, but I do love them. I certainly love yours:) I think I've mentioned before but really love that Asos skirt. You wear it so well. And you can't go wrong with the basic black/white shirts:D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is such a fun skirt, a great sale find years ago!

      Delete
  17. Those are two incredibly fabulous pencil skirts! I love a good tee and pencil skirt combination and how effortless they are to style. I hope you get some relief from the heat soon and have a wonderful week ahead, Mica!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jennie, and thanks for linking up!

      Delete
  18. I love how you can dress this skirt up or down - both with a plain v neck! My favorite part of the post? That llama key chain!!!! haha it's sooo cute!
    xo, allie
    www.champagne-tuesdays.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. Great bag and love that pendant, it's so cute!
    That first outfit totally gives me Rory Gilmore vibes <3

    LackaDaisy

    *LackaDaisy*

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love this bag with both looks, and I love your necklace!

    www.jessicabroyles.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. Loving both of these skirts! The polka dots are so cute!

    <3 Shannon 
    Upbeat Soles

    ReplyDelete
  22. I really like pencil skirts as they always looks chic and polished. Your first outfit has such a nice look with the neutral colors.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kim, and thanks for linking up! :)

      Delete
  23. Pencil skirts are so versatile and so comfy to me. Very elegant but still could be very effortless. I love how you rock it.
    How are surviving the heatwave?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We have our aircon fixed again which is making the heatwave a lot easier to deal with, haha!

      Delete
  24. You can never go wrong with a simple basic tee shirt. Everything you wear that second skirt. I fall more and more in love with it.

    Have a great week.

    http://www.amysfashionblog.com/blog-home

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a great skirt! Thanks for linking up :)

      Delete
  25. That skirt looks so cute:-)Lovely outfit!

    https://www.lostindaydreams.com/

    ReplyDelete
  26. Both your pencil skirts look very chic!
    I especially love the the first one, looks so nice on you!
    Very pretty! :)
    XO
    S
    https://s-fashion-avenue.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  27. Love, love, love your first outfit. How divine is that polka dot pencil skirt. You styled it perfectly with the black V-neck tee, complimented by that stunning necklace. I'd love to see a close-up of it. xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll try take a close up next time I wear it! :)

      Delete
  28. Both skirts look perfect for work, and love how you've styled them!
    Cheryl Shops | www.cherylshops.net

    ReplyDelete
  29. This is a winning combination for the office for sure! That polka skirt is super cute.

    ReplyDelete
  30. That bag looks perfect! I like how you style it with these two outfits! Skirt in second one looks gorgeous!

    Blog - http://www.exclusivebeautydiary.com/search/label/en
    YouTube – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rqA3pP31Bsw

    ReplyDelete
  31. So classy and stylish, I love both your pencil skirts!
    Kisses, Paola.

    Expressyourself

    ReplyDelete
  32. Yes I love this basic type of look for summer, a simple tee, skirt or lose trousers and sandals. And of course a good maxi.

    Allie of
    www.allienyc.com

    ReplyDelete
  33. Chic bag, I love all your choices Mica, thanks for sharing and hosting. Jacqui Mummabstylish

    ReplyDelete
  34. Can't see my comment - thanks for sharing your gorgeous bag, love the lace skirt you've picked Mica. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your comment came through! :) Thanks for linking :)

      Delete
  35. Pencil skirts were just made for you, you certainly look so good in both of these combinations.Stylish and smart for work but good enough to go to dinner after. Many thanks for inviting me to join your link up.

    ReplyDelete
  36. Both of these skrts are so cute, I love the polka dots
    xo
    www.laurajaneatelier.com

    ReplyDelete
  37. Love both looks but obsessed with that polka dot skirt! Too cute!

    xx Chelsea
    www.organizedmessblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  38. I always love it when you pull out your lace pencil skirt, it's one of my favorites!
    Chic on the Cheap

    ReplyDelete
  39. Both of these outfits are so pretty, Mica! Both skirts are lovely and look great how you've styled them. I really like the first outfit with the colourful statement necklace (named after me! Ha!)and the pretty spotty skirt. I love the llama charm and how it complements the necklace too! Sorry for my late reply: I've been without the internet for a whole week and just got it repaired this arvo! Hope you had a lovely weekend! :) XXX

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is such a fitting necklace to be named after you too - with all the colour! :) Glad you got your internet back!

      Delete
  40. I love a pencil skirt and tee for work. Especially a jersey version for the skirt which would be so comfy too. And couldn't crease either from getting up and seating back down constantly.

    Sxx
    daringcoco.com

    ReplyDelete
  41. That is such a fantastic choice of skirts! I love both of them and you did a great job in styling them!

    www.callmemaddie.com

    ReplyDelete
  42. You looks chic in skirt
    and I love your necklaces in both looks.
    Lovely pics.

    Ann
    https://roomsofinspiration.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  43. I somehow don't have a single pencil skirt in my closet anymore. I used to have a bunch of them and then, one by one, they didn't fit right anymore or developed tears and I jettisoned them and just never replaced them. I need to get my act together and get one or two because they are definitely fantastically versatile and perfect for work.

    Courtney ~ Sartorial Sidelines

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hope you can find some good replacements! :)

      Delete
  44. You are right! Pencil skirts are perfect for the office - also when there is a more formal dresscode! I like both of your looks and I think the size of the black shirt is perfect and the size you have chosen for the white shirt, too! No wonder you got compliments for the necklace of the first look, I give you compliments for both looks!
    xx from Bavaria/Germany, Rena
    www.dressedwithsoul.com

    ReplyDelete
  45. I need to get some more pencil skirts! I love both looks - but your polka dot pencil skirt is especially fun! Love your statement necklace too. And how cute is your little llama charm on your bag?! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lindsey - I couldn't resist buying the charm when I saw it!

      Delete
  46. Love the statement necklace! It makes the little llama charm pop as well. (: An unexpected addition. Stay cool my friend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kiki! It's such a fun addition to my bag :)

      Delete
  47. Your polka dot skirt is really cute and I love how you styled it :)

    ReplyDelete
  48. Two lovely pencil skirts, Mica! I like how you have styled up the more casual tees to suit your work environment. The second tee reads a bit too casual for me, due to the larger neckline and boxier shape, but it's still really cute on.

    I did not know you worked in IT! So do I! I actually checked my company roster, as we have offices in Australia, including one in Melbourne. Wouldn't that have been funny??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh if you ever come to Melbourne, let me know! How funny! :)

      Delete
  49. Both of these skirt are gorgeous and I like these outfits, especially second is my favorite.

    jointyicroissanty

    ReplyDelete
  50. V-neck tees are so versatile! Lately, I love the ones from Target.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't tried Australian Target ones, but I love these Atmos&Here ones!

      Delete
  51. I love the polka dot skirt! It's so cute and that fun necklace really pops!

    http://www.mylittlenest.org

    ReplyDelete
  52. Such simple outfits, but these have got to be one of my favourites from you. I love these styles of skirts a lot. You look amazing, Mica.

    https://www.missymayification.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  53. I love a good pencil skirt, they're so flattering!!

    Kristina does the Internets

    ReplyDelete
  54. I really like both outfits, but the top outfit is especially eye catching! I like that you have interesting elements at opposite ends with your necklace and that skirt. It really is a gorgeous look! Hope you are having a great start to your week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Laura, and thanks for linking up! :)

      Delete
  55. Can't underestimate the versatility of good tees. I love the boxy silhouette of the second one.

    The Style Intermission

    ReplyDelete
  56. Your bag collection is so good, Mica! I love the skirts too! Happy Tuesday!
    Raindrops of Sapphire

    ReplyDelete
  57. Love that statement necklace. It really compliments the whole outfit.

    Anna
    www.glamadventure.com

    ReplyDelete
  58. I love this classic combo of a pencil skirt and tee, both looks are great! I really love that dotted skirt, it reminds me that I need a patterned pencil skirt in my life!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Shea, and thanks for linking up! :)

      Delete
  59. That llama fob is so cute! I love both outfits. Simple but sophisticated at the same time.

    SHANNON VALLE
    life + style blog

    ReplyDelete
  60. These looks would work out great in my office since the dress code is casual. I love the statement necklaces to dress up the look and tees.

    Xo,
    www.stylemefancy.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I love a good statement necklace!

      Delete
  61. You're right that a plaid tee is a classic piece. I think it's a great tip to cover it up with a blazer to make it more formal if needed. Thanks for sharing.

    I also love your necklace in the first look. I have something similar and it's so much fun to wear.

    Kathrin | Polar Bear Style

    ReplyDelete
  62. Great outfits! I love the second skirt, that pattern is just so pretty!xx

    Hannah | luxuryblush

    ReplyDelete
  63. Mica,
    Yes, I really appreciate both pencil skirts. You can’t go wrong with a lace or polka dot skirt. The styling with a simple T-shirt is perfect. Of course your Balenciaga bag is the perfect luxurious update.
    ❤️❤️❤️
    Elle
    https://theellediaries.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You look stunning in pencil skirts too Elle!

      Delete
  64. Your pencil skirts are lovely. The lace one especially caught my eye. I like how you styled it with a simple tee - looks cool! xx Maria
    https://www.passionfruitpawsandpeonies.com

    ReplyDelete
  65. Wearing a plain tee with a pencil skirt is a great idea! I love this outfit idea for days where you want to look put together but still be comfortable. The statement necklace really pops with the first outfit and I really like how the white tee looks with that lace skirt!

    x Kara | http://karascloset.net

    ReplyDelete
  66. Thank you all for your lovely comments :)

    ReplyDelete
  67. I can see why you're loving the v-neck tees so much! I love them too from where I'm seeing on my screen, hehe. Looks super comfy and can be worn with anything. Also, it's got the perfect neckline for all of your necklaces. I love V-necks. Both outfits radiate an easy chic look which I love about your style, Mica :) xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  68. Hi Mica
    Love the ease of the tee with the pretty pencil skirts you are wearing. Love the prints on both too!
    thanks for linking!
    jess xx
    www.elegantlydressedandstylish.com

    ReplyDelete
  69. Love tees like this, so simple, yet so versatile and easy to style.

    Jessica | notjessfashion.com

    ReplyDelete

Your feedback on my outfits and any constructive criticism is welcomed. I appreciate the time you take to leave a kind comment. Make sure to tick 'Notify me' if you've asked a question so you get an email response :)

Feel free to leave a link to your blog so I can check it out. "Follow me" or "follow for follow" comment spam will not be published.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...