Monday 29 April 2019

Weekday Wear Linkup! Striped Tanks Worn 2 Ways: In The Office, Casually

A little bit of print mixing for this week's Weekday Wear Linkup! Showing you two different ways to wear striped tanks, in the office and casually, and doing a little print mixing by having spotty accessories with the stripes in each outfit too!

What I wore:

autumn olive and yellow print mixing stripes and leopard print outfit with kimono | awayfromblue

olive jeans adn Rebecca Minkoff micro Regan satchel in Harvest Gold | awayfromtheblue

awayfromblue Instagram | print mixing outfit striped tank olive jeans leopard flats kimono and mustard yellow micro regan bag
Earrings: gold pendant chandelier earrings
JacketShein lace trimmed crochet inset white kimono C/O
NecklaceJeanswest Taryn turquoise tassel bead necklace
TankAtmos & Here Oregon stripe tank
JeansJeanswest Vicki skinny pant in moss green
ShoesWalnut Melbourne Ava white leopard ballet flats
BagRebecca Minkoff micro Regan satchel in Harvest Gold

Why I wore it:

Starting to realise you can't see my earrings with my new shorter haircut! 😂 I was so thrilled to wear jeans for once! I wore these a couple weeks ago, excited about the weather cooling down. Green is one of the colours I find tricky to wear and as a result these olive jeans are frequently worn with black - this striped tank seemed like an obvious choice. Added the white kimono as I wasn't sure which of my printed ones would look best with this and wanted to keep it simple!

Couldn't resist adding a little bit of leopard print to this outfit with the printed shoes too - I felt they worked nicely with the striped tank as they are the same colour scheme.

Hubby and I had an appointment to attend that unfortunately was in the middle of the day. We decided to make the most of it and take the day off. It was nice to have some quiet time at home to get caught up with a few must do tasks which are easier without the boys around!


Last worn: gold earringscrochet kimono, turquoise tassel necklace, black striped tank, olive jeans, leopard print flats, Rebecca Minkoff micro Regan.

Other ways to wear: crochet kimono and shortsblack striped tank and maxi skirt, olive jeans and printed scarf, leopard print flats and little black dress, Rebecca Minkoff micro Regan and maxi dress.



My Favourite Rebecca Minkoff Bag:






What I wore:

print mixing office outfit striped tank blazer pencil skirt polka dot scarf rebecca minkoff edie bag | away from blue

Rebecca Minkoff Edie small crossbody bag in magenta | away from the blue

awayfromtheblue Instagram | grey jersey blazer print mixing business casual outfit with polka dot scard
JacketJeanswest grey jersey blazer
Scarf: Target Sadie woven scarf in blue spot print (Christmas pressie)
TankJeanswest 'Josie' striped back strap tank
SkirtAsos tailored tab front pencil skirt in grey
ShoesMarc by Marc Jacobs silver tuxedo flats
BagRebecca Minkoff Edie small crossbody bag in magenta

Why I wore it:

I felt this outfit was lacking a little something - this cute blue polka dot scarf that I got as a Christmas present from my mum was the perfect finishing piece to add to the striped tank and pencil skirt and blazer outfit. It was a nice bit of print mixing and extra touch of colour with the grey.

The Rebecca Minkoff Edie bag added a little more colour too! I like how the magenta pops with the grey.


Last worn: grey jersey blazer, striped tank, grey pencil skirt, metallic ballet flats, Rebecca Minkoff Edie bag. First time I've worn the scarf as it was a Christmas present.

Other ways to weargrey jersey blazer and monochrome outfit, striped tank and purple jeans, grey pencil skirt and floral cami, metallic ballet flats and skinny jeans, Rebecca Minkoff Edie bag and shorts

Perfect for pregnancystriped tank in second trimester, grey pencil skirt in first trimester, metallic ballet flats in third trimester.



Striped Tanks Under $50:





How You Can Wear It:

A striped tank is a great wardrobe basic that you can easily dress up or down. Stripes are so fun to print mix with too! Why not try introducing a small accessory with a different print for a subtle take on pattern mixing in your outfit.






Weekday Wear Linkup #16


Welcome to the Weekday Wear linkup! A linkup for you to share your weekday outfits - whether that is office wear or stay at home mum wear - if you wore it on a weekday, you can link it up!

Guidelines:
1. Please link to a specific outfit post, not your blog homepage.
2. Link back to this post so others can find the link up.
3. Follow your host Away From The Blue on BloglovinInstagramTwitterFacebook or YouTube.
4. Add up to two posts and be sure to visit and comment on as many other posts as possible to get some weekday outfit inspiration!
Optional: tweet the post you linked up with the hashtag #weekdayWearLinkUp so I can retweet!





Subscribe for The Weekday Wear Linkup reminder emails










Follow Away From the Blue on:
Bloglovin
Twitter : Instagram Youtube : Facebook : LikeToKnow.It 

50 comments:

  1. I think adding the scarf was a great idea - it really dresses up the outfit. I do like the lace kimono too, worn casually it's such a great look. Funny that your earrings can't be seen with your shorter hair - the things we don't realize when we change our hair! I have to wear huge earrings or they never show up.
    Have a great week Mica!
    xo,
    Kellyann

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I might need to get even bigger earrings too!

      Delete
  2. I love both your casual and office outfits, Mica! Both outfits show how versatile a striped tank can be as a great base to build an outfit around! I love your accessories in both outfits, especially your bags! Both complement each look nicely. Hope you have a wonderful week ahead, Mica! ;) XXX

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the combo very much, I am a huge fan of both stripes and dots.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this classic tank! It's so versatile. I love the workwear look especially. So sophisticated and modern and I adore the pop of color. Thanks for the link up!

    https://www.kathrineeldridge.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Mica, I love the subtle pattern mixing you have done with the striped tank! So perfect!

    Shelbee
    www.shelbeeontheedge.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Both are such different outfits but work so well on you, Mica:) Love the khaki jeans with the tank, and the polka dotted scarf worked so well to add a little something to the second outfit.
    Hope you had an awesome weekend:) Between Endgame and Game of Thrones, I'm exhausted...haha!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Having an unexpected day off is so nice sometimes so you can get caught up on things! Both of these outfits are so cute! The polka dots are such a fun touch to pull both outfits together!

    Jill - Doused in Pink

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it was good to get caught up on a few things!

      Delete
  8. Thanks for hosting Mica! have a great start of the week!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh I like how you showed a dressed up and dressed down option for a striped tank! And I LOVE your magenta bag! Great color and great way to complete the look!
    Gina || On the Daily Express

    ReplyDelete
  10. I understand you were excited to wear finally jeans again and I like it how you combined the olive jeans. Today I'm wearing also olive pants but have to admit not as creative as you! Like also the second look - yes, the dotted scarf was the perfect add! Thanks for the link-up, I joined :)
    https://www.dressedwithsoul.com/2019/04/warning-this-happens-when-you-cook-too.html

    ReplyDelete
  11. That polka dot scarf was the perfect addition to your outfit. I actually do not have a single polka dot thing in my closet... A scarf would be an easy way and also so easy for pattern mixing!
    www.chezmireillefashiontravelmom.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A scarf is a fun way to try a new print! :)

      Delete
  12. I just love how you made this striped top so perfect for work, Mica!!
    XOOX
    Jodie

    ReplyDelete
  13. How are you loving your new hair cut?? Interested to see how you overcome the earring dilemma. haha. Have a great week Mica!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a great cut but definitely took some getting used to as I've had long hair for so long, haha!

      Delete
  14. Your hair is looking lovely here! It is nice to take a little weekday break and I hope you enjoyed it. I love the pop from your RM bag!

    ReplyDelete
  15. You are always so creative in coming up with different styles to wear one item.

    ReplyDelete
  16. A striped top is really a super versatile piece and a must for every wardrobe!
    Love the way you've paired your, very nice and classy! My fav is the 1st look!
    XO
    S
    https://s-fashion-avenue.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love how you use handbags to add a subtle pop of color to both outfits—it's such a signature of yours!
    Cheryl Shops | www.cherylshops.net

    ReplyDelete
  18. Isn't it wonderful how a "humble" striped tee can be dressed up or down? I love both your outfits, but the dressed up one for the office is my favourite. I love the addition of the spotty navy scarf and magenta bag, which make it look less severe! Have a lovely week, Mica! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes the basics can be great versatile pieces! :)

      Delete
  19. You can also rock those green/olive jeans with some light pink :)
    It was a good choice to add the polka dot scarf to that second look.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have tried olive and blush together but not these jeans - I have a blazer that would be perfect...

      Delete
  20. both outfits are fabulous, you look so lovely. I always love to see a striped tee, something so classic about it. Both RM bags are super pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Your hair looks great Mica, very stylish Hun. Is it easier it do? Thanks for hosting the linkup and have a fab week. Jacqui MUmmabstylish

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I find it requires more attention, haha! my longer hair I could just leave unstyled and it wasn't as crazy. But it's getting easier to manage!

      Delete
  22. Was going to say, jeans, must be cooler! Cute outfit. I just got me a pair of olive jeans. Can't wait to get some new tops to go with them.

    Alexandra
    EyeLoveKnots.com

    ReplyDelete
  23. Like your new haircut, it suits you very nicely, Mica. Like both outfits and your handbags, of course. Thank you for hosting and have a great week
    https://lookingfabulousat50.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
  24. Stripes are go classic and timeless. Also pretty for work or play.

    http://www.amysfashionblog.com/blog-home

    ReplyDelete
  25. How cute is that kimono?! I love the crochet detailing, it's such a special little touch!

    ReplyDelete
  26. The scarf looks lovely with your second outfit! I like the added color and print it adds! Hope your week is off to a great start!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Spectacular pattern mixing, my dear! I love the new hair - I know I already said that, but it's just so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Such a classy and elegant looks. I love how you styled both outfits. You are looking just gorgeous in both outfits<3
    Have a great day.
    http://www.rakhshanda-chamberofbeauty.com/

    ReplyDelete
  29. Both versions of your outfit are great- but the first one is definitely my cup of tea :-) I like so much this boho white jacket.
    Have a a lovely day dear :-)

    st. Finally here in Poland we can feel the Spring now :-)

    ReplyDelete
  30. Cute look dear...
    https://sepatuholig.blogspot.com/
    ig @grace_njio
    other ig @wonky.pots

    ReplyDelete
  31. I love combining stripes with spots and I love how subtle they are too. Like small bursts of surprises. I'm also loving the second look, the scarf and that stunning RM bag are making this ensemble shine.

    Sxx
    daringcoco.com

    ReplyDelete
  32. I love both outfits especially the first one because they highlight your new haircut!

    Only Yesterday

    ReplyDelete
  33. Hi MIca
    I love your bob cut you look like a young girl!!
    And you look very chic in the second look wow!!
    xoxo

    marisasclosetblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  34. I love these fun print-mixed looks! The leopard shoes are the perfect touch I think in that first look. And I know I've already said this a few times, but I am just loving your hair!! It is so cute.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The shoes are so fun, I'm glad I stumbled across them on sale! :)

      Delete
  35. Mica, that RM in burgundy is such a dream. I know I said it before, but it's the one thing my eyes are drawn to when I look at your photos. It's stunning! Love how you're styling it!
    Raindrops of Sapphire

    ReplyDelete
  36. Lovely looks dear, especially the 2nd outfit!
    Jessica | notjessfashion.com

    ReplyDelete
  37. Mica stripes really suit you and your elegant chic yet casual looks you love :)

    Laura xo
    www.shehearts.net

    ReplyDelete
  38. Stripes are such a great outfit staple. Great idea to just take the day off instead of work around the appointment. We need days like that sometimes!

    Virginia | More to Mrs. E

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it was a much needed day off to get stuff done! :)

      Delete
  39. Thank you all for your sweet comments :)

    ReplyDelete

Your feedback on my outfits and any constructive criticism is welcomed. I appreciate the time you take to leave a kind comment. Make sure to tick 'Notify me' if you've asked a question so you get an email response :)

Feel free to leave a link to your blog so I can check it out. "Follow me" or "follow for follow" comment spam will not be published.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...