Monday 21 May 2018

Monochrome Office Outfits: Navy Tops and Textured Pencil Skirts With Rebecca Minkoff MAM

Monochrome outfits are a quick and easy way to get dressed for the office. Blue is my favourite colour, and while I'm managing to stay away from the blue jeans rut I am still wearing blue often as I have so much of it in my wardrobe. Both of those pretty blue textured pencil skirts, although I just wore them the week before, work so nicely with blue tops that I pulled them out again when I wanted to wear some navy.

What I wore:

monochrome office outfit jersey blazer pencil skirt navy blouse rebecca minkoff MAM autumn | awayfromblue

blue lace pencil skirt, Rebecca Minkoff MAB mini MAM in soft grey | awayfromtheblue

awayfromblue instagram grey jersey blazer blue blouse pencil skirt monochrome autumn office outfit
JacketJeanswest grey jersey blazer
BlouseJeanswest chana long sleeve stud top in night sky navy
SkirtAsos blue textured lace pencil skirt
ShoesMarc by Marc Jacobs silver tuxedo flats
BagRebecca Minkoff MAB mini in soft grey

Why I wore it:

This outfit is a combination of pieces I love so it's no surprise that I really liked it! I love this top, one of my purchases last month, and paired with this pretty lace pencil skirt is was such an easy outfit. The grey blazer matched the bag nicely, and grey and blue is a combination I frequently employ when wearing this blazer.

I felt suitably attired in this for an early start at the office, a quick coffee date and filming/photographing session with a friend in King George Square (See Chloe's video for the clip I filmed), a leaving lunch for a colleague and then an afternoon full of meetings. I started to get a bit flustered at the end of the day when the printer started acting up, but overall it was a good day in a good outfit!


Last worn: grey jersey blazer, studded blouse, lace pencil skirt, silver ballet flats, Rebecca Minkoff MAM.

Other ways to weargrey jersey blazer and fit and flare dress, studded blouse and shorts, lace pencil skirt in summer, silver ballet flats and jeans, Rebecca Minkoff MAM worn 30 ways.

Perfect for pregnancylace pencil skirt in third trimester, silver ballet flats in third trimester, Rebecca Minkoff MAM in second trimester.



Rebecca Minkoff MAM Review and Contents







What I wore:

jersey blazer monochrome navy shirt jacquard pencil skirt outfit | away from blue

soft grey MAM mini MAB bag on arm Rebecca Minkoff | away from the blue

awayfromblue instagram monochrome navy office outfit black blazer grey rebecca minkoff MAM
Jacketthrifted Zara black blazer
NecklaceStarfish Project Veronica short yellow multi strand necklace
ShirtJeanswest Tory textured shirt
SkirtWarehouse navy jacquard pencil skirt
ShoesMarc by Marc Jacobs black logo plaque ballet flats
BagRebecca Minkoff MAB mini in soft grey

Why I wore it:

Unlike the outfit above, I really didn't like this one. It was more of a frustrating than productive day at work, and even spending some time out with my friend in the Brisbane Botanic Gardens at lunch time didn't really lift my spirits. I'd been in a rush that morning and scraped my hair up into a messy bun for ease, but felt bad about it all day. I tried to add some cheerful colour to my outfit with the yellow necklace. Yellow and blue is a colour combo I usually enjoy, but on this day I just wasn't enjoying my outfit.

I'm also aware I'm harsher on my outfit when I had a bad day like this one!


Last worn: black jersey blazer, navy button up shirt, jacquard pencil skirt, black ballet flats, Rebecca Minkoff MAM (above).

Other ways to wearblack jersey blazer and a-line skirts, navy button up shirt and shorts, jacquard pencil skirt and purple accessories, black ballet flats and sheath dress, Rebecca Minkoff MAM and burgundy pants.

Perfect for pregnancyblack jersey blazer in third trimester, Rebecca Minkoff MAM in third trimester.



5 Ways To Wear The Rebecca Minkoff MAM





Textured Pencil Skirts Under $50:







How You Can Wear It:

Pencil skirts and blazers are default office outfits as they fit into most office dress codes. Printed or textured pencil skirts like these add a bit of fun to an outfit, but they are also so easy to wear when you pick similarly coloured tops, for a quick and professional office outfit. Neutral blazers, shoes and a classic bag like the Rebecca Minkoff MAM keep it simple as they will go with whatever colour you pick out.


Linking up with On Mondays We Link Up, Style Sessions, Turning Heads, Trend Spin, Confident Twosday, Style File.



Follow Away From the Blue on:
Bloglovin
Twitter : Instagram Youtube : Facebook : Google Plus : LikeToKnow.It 

62 comments:

  1. Blue is one of my favourites too! After black, white and grey blue is probably the next colour I have the most of in my wardrobe. I'm loving your hair tied up by the way, the braid is really lovely!

    Eileen | 5feetofstyle.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks :) I've been loving this braid recently! :)

      Delete
  2. Great pictures and video, I really like the lace skirt!
    Have a lovely day :)
    Rosanna x
    Rose's Rooftop

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both office outfits look fabulous on you, Mica! I really love the first outfit: the colour combo is great and the blazer and bag complement each other perfectly! Your hair looks really pretty too! Hope you had a lovely weekend. XXX

    ReplyDelete
  4. Both outfits are just fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like your hair up, it looks very professional. But the outfit - I agree, I much prefer the first one. The second one looks a little dark, even with the pop of yellow.

    Anne - Linda, Libra, Loca

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Anne! I think I need to get better at updos so I feel more pulled together when I do them! :)

      Delete
  6. Both outfits look so polished and chic. I'm usually harder on the outfits that I wore when I had a bad day as well because of the negative associations.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nice to know I'm not alone with that :)

      Delete
  7. These two looks look so professional. The navy looks so good on you, it for sure creates a cool look. I hope you have a wonderful week.
    http://sugarcoatedbears.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such beautiful outfits, I especially love the first one! The skirt is so pretty and adds nice texture to a monochrome outfit. Thanks for sharing and I hope you're having a great Monday so far!

    XO,

    Jalisa
    THE STYLE CONTOUR

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, these textured pencil skirts are so fun! :)

      Delete
  9. Gorgeous outfits <3

    Serene XO

    http://www.surrealserene.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. You look so cute in blue!
    María Eugenia | www.thegirlonanisland.com
    https://www.thegirlonanisland.com/2018/05/the-guide-to-perfect-weekend-in-miami.html

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am the same way--if I'm not feeling quite right/stressed/etc. I'm always more critical of how I look. I like both looks but I do think the top one is my favorite. You just look so put-together and professional--ready to take on the day! I love your braid too, it looks so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Shea! The first is definitely my favourite too :)

      Delete
  12. I do think you are hard on yourself! I like the second outfit! Maybe another yellow accessory like a yellow bag or belt would make you think differently? Although if you had a rough day, sometimes that changes how you feel about an outfit. I like your hair in the side braid! It's a pretty style on you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Laura! I think more bright accessories would have worked! :)

      Delete
  13. Your second outfit just feels a lot darker than what you often wear, so maybe that is what was getting you down?
    http://iamchiconthecheap.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very true! I usually add a little more colour!

      Delete
  14. I do love monochromatic looks! They're so simple and you don't have to really think about what you're wearing
    http://www.closet-fashionista.com/

    ReplyDelete
  15. SO lovely! Your bag is to die!
    Happy Monday, babe!
    xoxo, Vanessa
    www.WhatWouldVWear.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oooh I love both outfits...but that color combo in your first one is right up my alley! I love the lace detail on your first skirt too. Hope you're having a lovely week, Mica!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lindsey! I love blue and grey together :)

      Delete
  17. I love both looks, as per usual, mostly because I ADORE that skirt you're wearing! It looks so sophisticated!

    xo Deborah
    Coffee, Prose, and Pretty Clothes

    ReplyDelete
  18. You look lovely in both outfits and I really like the braid on the side Mica !
    And that is such a great bag - it looks good no matter how you chose to carry it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lorena! It is such a good bag!

      Delete
  19. These are two of my favourite skirts of yours. I think the second outfit would be better with a light grey top - it's a bit too much dark blue. The yellow looks great, and adds that sunshine that you were missing in your mood. I hope your week improves, sweetheart.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sheila! It was just a bad day, the next day was better! I think you're right, some more lightness would have made a difference.

      Delete
  20. Loving these H to T navy looks. Especially the first one, I love that navy lace pencil skirt, so gorgeous!

    Allie of ALLIENYC
    www.allienyc.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love both of those skirts! I think Warehouse make really good office clothes, I do miss them over here. I want to wear more blazers because those look really stylish and smart on you, but I just don't find them comfy at all :( do you have any secrets??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Asos sell Warehouse and ship to Australia! And for blazers, I go with jersey ones. Super soft and comfortable but still professional enough for my casual office! :)

      Delete
  22. Monochrome outfits always look so put together, and blue is always a good choice in my opinion :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Love your dressy style so sharp! That skirt is beautiful and the colours are perfect. I am a bag lover so I loved your review <3
    http://www.bauchlefashion.com/2018/05/statement-earring-enthesiasts-bold-logos.html

    ReplyDelete
  24. Isn't it funny how are mood can sometimes dictate whether we like our outfit or not?? I do that all the time! I think you look in great in both looks, BTW:)

    Laura
    Black Coffee Beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  25. Ahhh, I think I exited before my comment went through, lol! Regardless, I think you look great in both outfits - but, it's so funny that our mood can dictate how we feel about our outfits (I do that ALL the time!!!)!

    Laura
    Black Coffee Beautiful

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's okay, it came through twice! :)

      Delete
  26. Definitely lovely office outfits.
    Those bags are nice to bring on

    Much Love,
    Jane | The Bandwagon Chic

    ReplyDelete
  27. Such great office style. I love these skirts.

    Gemma x
    www.jacquardflower.uk

    ReplyDelete
  28. I love the first outfit. That skirt is super cute. It been years since I wore a skirt. I hope you have an amazing week.

    http://www.amysfashionblog.com/blog-home/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pencil skirts are such a work staple for me! :)

      Delete
  29. That skirt looks so beautiful and I love how you styled both outfits x

    Laura
    https://pinkfrenzymissl.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  30. Hi Mica! I adore both looks! I agree a pencil skirt is very versatile. A blazer really elevates a pencil skirt look. You are suited up beautifully. I pray that you are having a wonderful week
    Tiff
    Http://www.dashoffashandfinance.com

    ReplyDelete
  31. These textured skirts are super chic, lady- and they add such an interesting element to the outfits!

    -Ashley
    Le Stylo Rouge

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are a fun twist on a classic pencil skirt!

      Delete
  32. I like your outfit on the second day, I think the skirt goes well with the top and skirt! we all have those frustrating days at work though! x

    Velvet Blush

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! The shades are nice together, I jsut wasn't loving it.

      Delete
  33. Dear Mica, it is easy to recognise that you loved your first outfit and - honestly - that you weren't that happy with the second look. But you really should wear the first look more often, this is a fantastic combination and at least you had this nice lunch with your friend in the Brisbane Botanic Garden this day ...
    xx from Bavaria/Germany, Rena
    www.dressedwithsoul.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rena! I do want to wear that first outfit combo again, I loved it!

      Delete
  34. Love both outfits, but especially the first one! It's funny how we tend to like certain things and feel less inclined to like others, but regardless you look fab in both!

    ReplyDelete
  35. Cute outfits! They look perfect for the workplace. I need to try harder to impress at work haha, I have been lazy lately!

    xo Kim
    www.simplylovebirds.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Monochrome outfits like this are so easy! Little thinking required, just my kind of outfit, haha!

      Delete
  36. I love how you styling this beautiful classic skirt. Both outfits are wonderful, but the first one has a light to it because of the blazer. You look office ready and perfect.
    Have a blessed week beautiful.

    https://www.missymayification.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  37. The first outfit is my favorite because I love the light grey tones mixed with the dark blue! The pencil skirt is so lovely :)
    http://www.lambassadrice.com/

    ReplyDelete
  38. Isn't it amazing how a feeling can make you feel yuck about an outfit? I do love the skirt. The first look is pretty cute, I really like that blazer!

    http://www.mylittlenest.org

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I think a bad day just turns into a bad mood towards everything, haha!

      Delete
  39. Aww, I'm sorry you had a bad day! Sometimes, you just can't get out of that headspace no matter what you try to do. I love your hair in a braid, sooo cute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jess. I'm lucky it was just one day, and I felt better after :)

      Delete
  40. Lovely and really classic office outfits dear! My fave is the first one, love the blazer.

    Jessica | notjessfashion.com

    ReplyDelete
  41. Thanks all for your lovely comments and suggestions for ways I could improve the second outfit I wasn't such a fan of.

    ReplyDelete

Your feedback on my outfits and any constructive criticism is welcomed. I appreciate the time you take to leave a kind comment. Make sure to tick 'Notify me' if you've asked a question so you get an email response :)

Feel free to leave a link to your blog so I can check it out. "Follow me" or "follow for follow" comment spam will not be published.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...