Monday 4 March 2019

Weekday Wear Linkup! Little Black Dresses and Scarves For The Office

Adding some scarves to little black dresses for the office, and sharing another Weekday Wear linkup!

What I wore:

black fit and flare dress with printed scarf and ballet flats for the office with Balenciaga part time bag | awayfromblue

silver bracelet stack, Balenciaga part time in black 2010 with SGH | awayfromblue

awayfromblue Instagram | little black fit and flare dress for the office printed accessories and Balenciaga part time bag
Earrings: gifted Kmart navy tassel earrings
ScarfFashion Scarf Girl grey tiny bird print scarf (c/o)
DressJeanswest tucked ponte black dress
ShoesWalnut Melbourne Ava White leopard ballet flats
BagBalenciaga part time in black 2010 with SGH

Why I wore it:

It was a hot summer day when I wore this, and although it was a little cooler in the morning, the scarf wasn't really a necessary layer for warmth. Scarves are good at a couple of things: they add warmth to an outfit, add some colour to an outfit, or add a print to an outfit for a little more interest. The print this scarf adds to the monochrome outfit was a nice touch, but the main reason I wore it was to cover up my neck! After getting badly sunburned on the back of my neck over the weekend, I needed something to cover up the redness.

This sleeveless fit and flare dress is so soft and didn't irritate my sensitive skin, but the scarf was needed as an extra layer to cover everything up, as the neckline dips down in the back slightly.

Even with the fun bird print on the scarf, I thought this outfit was a little plain with the black dress and black Balenciaga part time bag together, so I added another print in with the leopard print ballet flats. I thought it worked well.


Last worn: bird print scarf, navy tassel earrings, fit and flare dress, leopard print ballet flats, Balenciaga part time bag.

Other ways to wearbird print scarf tied on bag, fit and flare dress over a tee, leopard print ballet flats and jeans, Balenciaga part time bag and shorts.

Perfect for pregnancyfit and flare dress in second trimester, Balenciaga part time bag in second trimester.


30 Ways To Wear: Balenciaga Part Time Bag










What I wore:

leona edimston fern print black dress with hot pink crinkle scarf and balenciaga bag in office | away from blue

printed dress and pink scarf with Balenciaga black g21 part time bag | awayfromtheblue

awayfromtheblue instagram | fern print leona edmiston dress with hot pink crinkle scarf balenciaga bag for the office
Earrings: Ana Luisa 'Olivia' tassel earrings in pink
ScarfFashion Scarf Girl plain crinkle scarf in hot pink (c/o)
Dress: Leona Edmiston Jemima fern print dress
ShoesWalnut Melbourne 'Ava' black lizard ballet flats (also available in silver)
BagBalenciaga part time in black 2010 with SGH

Why I wore it:

Another scarf covering up my sunburned neck and shoulders! The ferns in the print on the dress are a lovely blush pink so I thought the hot pink scarf - while not matching - continued the pink theme nicely. Again I stuck with a classic black Balenciaga part time bag, and went with plain black ballet flats. The blush tassels on these earrings are a cute match for the fern print on this dress, so I just had to wear them together again.

I really liked this outfit, the scarf was such a fun pop of colour, even if it was too warm for the day and made me overheat a little when I popped out of the office to grab something at the shops in the afternoon.


Last worn: Leona Edmiston printed dress, gold tassel earrings, hot pink crinkle scarf, black ballet flats, Balenciaga part time bag (above).

Other ways to wearLeona Edmiston printed dress in winter, hot pink crinkle scarf with navy, black ballet flats and pencil skirt, Balenciaga part time bag and olive jeans.

Perfect for pregnancyLeona Edmiston printed dress in second trimester, black ballet flats in third trimester, Balenciaga part time bag in second trimester



Black Dresses For The Office Under $50:




How You Can Wear It:

A little black dress is an office classic. You can add some extra interest to your black dress with a fun printed scarf like in the first outfit. If your dress already has a print, you can accessorise it with a similarly coloured plain scarf like in the second outfit.




Weekday Wear Linkup #08


Welcome to the Weekday Wear linkup! A linkup for you to share your weekday outfits - whether that is office wear or stay at home mum wear - if you wore it on a weekday, you can link it up!

Guidelines:
1. Please link to a specific outfit post, not your blog homepage.
2. Link back to this post so others can find the link up.
3. Follow your host Away From The Blue on BloglovinInstagramTwitterFacebook or YouTube.
4. Add up to two posts and be sure to visit and comment on as many other posts as possible to get some weekday outfit inspiration!
Optional: tweet the post you linked up with the hashtag #weekdayWearLinkUp so I can retweet!





Subscribe for The Weekday Wear Linkup reminder emails





Linking up with Confident Twosday, Trend Spin, Turning Heads, Style Sessions, Style On The Daily, Thursday Moda, Fashion Files.


Follow Away From the Blue on:
Bloglovin
Twitter : Instagram Youtube : Facebook : Google Plus : LikeToKnow.It 

73 comments:

  1. I so agree about the ease of dresses. I tend to wear them for business travel as they are easy to pack and style. I'm away this week but the dress is casual so I'm not for once taking dresses. Shame .

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always wear dresses in summer because they are so much cooler than any kind of short or pant. A lightweight scarf can really take the place pf a cardigan at times when the a/c is a little cool.
    Hope you have a great week Mica!
    xo,
    Kellyann
    www.thisblondesshoppingbag.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes scarves are a nice extra layer! :)

      Delete
  3. I love dresses for the office, it makes getting dressed in the mornings so quick and easy. Scarves are a welcome addition if I am either in air con or a meeting where I want to be more covered up.

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are both such pretty dresses, Mica! I love how you've accessorised them with those pretty scarves and earrings. Such pretty outfits! Hope you had a great weekend and wonderful week ahead! ;) XXX

    ReplyDelete
  5. Both of these dresses are lovely on you! I adore your hair pulled back. So chic and elegant! Thanks for the link up.

    https://www.kathrineeldridge.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Scarves are amazing! I own a few and need to wear them more often. I love how they can easily transform an outfit. Love your Balenciaga bag. Such a classic!

    Maureen | www.littlemisscasual.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Absolutely, dresses are always at ease, scarfs make it so easy for us to wear and easy on the eye. xoxoxo
    https://www.stylebasket.in/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Mica,
    Hi! I've learn to embrace accessories over the years especially printed scarves, they add the right dimension to sometimes a boring outfit.
    The bag too, just great! Who doesn't love a fabulous great quality bag worn again and again?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very true! I love my bags and scarves :)

      Delete
  9. Both of these dresses look great on you! I think I just realized you don't wear black all that much but it really is flattering on you. Fabulous bag too, of course!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I tend to go for navy over black but I really should wear black more often! :)

      Delete
  10. I just love that you wear scarves all year round. Especially in the office it can be colder, so they work wonders!!
    XOXO
    Jodie
    www.jtouchofstyle.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Loving both these scarves, especially the print on the first one! I only ever wear scarves for warmth because I just can't seem to style them well haha
    https://www.closet-fashionista.com/

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sorry you got sunburn, that’s the worst. Aloe is really good for it, so if you can get some fresh aloe that would help a lot. Other than that, I’d suggest putting coconut oil on it. In terms of styling, that’s a great way to not only cover it up, but like you’ve said, add interest to your outfit. I love the color and pattern in the ones you’ve shared here. Have a great week!

    Xo,

    Jalisa
    THE STYLE CONTOUR

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, it's all healed up now, lots of cream on it to help it heal! :)

      Delete
  13. Oooo sorry to hear you got a bad burn. That has happened to me I always somehow miss a spot with the sunscreen. But covering up with a light scarf is smart. You look great!

    Allie of
    www.allienyc.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Scarves can make a big difference in LBD outfits. you look stunning Mica, the pink scarf looks perfect on you. xx

    Nina's Style Blog

    ReplyDelete
  15. You look so radiant and I must say, you're glowing too. I like your earrings. Lovely! Mica, you look great. :-)
    Have a blessed week.

    https://www.missymayification.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  16. You look lovely Mica. Scarves are certainly one of my most worn accessories. They're so versatile! The pink is my favourite. I hope you're off to a great start to the new week. I'm finally back! <3

    ReplyDelete
  17. Loving these looks and bags!! So beautiful, love!! Have a great Monday!

    www.jessicabroyles.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. Scarves are the perfect accessory to liven up a little black dress for the office! I particularly love the second dress, which has such a lovely print, and adding the pink scarf brightens up the greyest of days! Have a wonderful week, Mica! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That hot pink scarf is such a cheerful one to wear! :)

      Delete
  19. I love the simple black sheath with that beautiful dove gray scarf. The second ensemble is equally beautiful especially as incorporates a beautiful pop of bright pink. I’m so sorry about your sunburn. I wish you a wonderful week ahead my friend.
    ❤️❤️❤️
    Elle
    https://theellediaries.com/

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love that with the scarf, I ALWAYS forget to add a scarf to spruce up an outfit. Thanks for the link up.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Your hair really suits you like this Mica, thanks for sharing your summer looks and for hosting too. Jacqui Mummabstylish

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hi Mica
    You look so beautiful and elegant in black that you dont even look like you're going to work for an office. The scarf gives that pop of color that breaks the monotony of the black color.

    xoxo

    marisasclosetblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  23. Cute idea! I am always cold at work, but I always just wear long sleeves, never thought of adding a little scarf.

    Alexandra
    EyeLoveKnots.com

    ReplyDelete
  24. Cute scarves so easily transform any and every outfit and yet I'm thinking about it - this winter, I've barely worn any! The two you're wearing here are adorable:)

    Laura
    Black Coffee Beautiful

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope you can get in some wears of scarves soon! They are a winter staple for me!

      Delete
  25. An LBD is always a good idea, especially in summer when you want to look chic but be comfortable too!
    Cheryl Shops | www.cherylshops.net

    ReplyDelete
  26. I like both dresses on you Mica, you look really chic and an addition of pink is great. Believe it or not but my latest post is also about the LBD.
    Have a great week.
    https://lookingfabulousat50.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  27. Super cute outfits.

    http://www.henatayeb.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  28. Sorry to hear you got sunburned. Those are the worst. Have a great week.

    http://www.amysfashionblog.com/blog-home

    ReplyDelete
  29. You look so elegant with your hair pulled back and those big earrings in the first outfit! I love your pattern-play with the leopard and the scarf there too. I love that you went tonal with the bright pink scarf! So pretty and so very practical. Arg for sunburns!

    ReplyDelete
  30. I really like the dresses with the scarves, beautiful look.

    ReplyDelete
  31. I love the fern print on your second dress! The bright pink scarf gives it a nice pop!

    Jill - Doused in Pink

    ReplyDelete
  32. I love your fun earrings in both of these outfits! Your accessories add so much interest! Hope you are having a great start to your week!

    ReplyDelete
  33. Here we are in England wearing scarfs to keep warm and you are protecting yourself from the sun. I love wearing scarfs and yours are lovely xx Maria

    ReplyDelete
  34. Such a cute idea. So beautiful dresses! Have a great week.
    https://chicchedimamma.com/

    ReplyDelete
  35. Great office wear, Mica. I love an LBD in summer.
    Hugs, x.
    thepoutingpensioner.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  36. Scarves are great for adding that pop of colour and interest to an outfit! Oh, and to cover up a bit of sunburn, oh dear! Thepink one suits you really well - it also complements the dress nicely!

    Eileen | 5feetofstyle.com

    ReplyDelete
  37. You are looking so pretty in both outfit. These are such a perfect outfits for summer. I love how beautifully you wear scarves with your outfits.
    Hope you are doing great. Have a lovely Monday <3
    Kisses <3
    http://www.rakhshanda-chamberofbeauty.com/

    ReplyDelete
  38. Scarves can really do wanders! I love the first outfit! <3

    xoxo,
    SHAIRA
    www.missdream-girl.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  39. Such an amazing bag!!

    xx Leah / ww.leahbehr.com

    ReplyDelete
  40. You gotta love the versatility of a little black dress! :)

    -Ashley
    Le Stylo Rouge

    ReplyDelete
  41. Cute look!! I love the pop of color that scarf adds to your outfit. Thanks for inviting me to the linkup!

    Miles of smiles,
    Grace

    gracefulrags.com

    ReplyDelete
  42. You scarves always add a great pop!

    ReplyDelete
  43. Such great looks Mica! Not very often you wear black, and I think it is fabulous!!

    xx, Elise
    www.sparkleandslippers.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  44. I love dresses. They are so versatile and easy to wear.

    Her Style Hive

    ReplyDelete
  45. I guess I've never really given much thought to wearing a little black dress to work (even when I wore dresses to work) but I really like the idea. There's so much you can do to dress it up and scarves are a great way to go (I'm so glad scarves are popular now....what did we do without them?). I love both of your looks (but probably the first best)! Those leopard-print black and white flats! And thanks for doing the link-ups....I love them!

    Ruth
    wwwVogueFauxReal.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ruth! Yes, scarves are the best! :)

      Delete
  46. definitely one of my dream bags! so cute!

    www.prettyinleather.net

    ReplyDelete
  47. Oh no, sunburns are the worst! I hope it's feeling better now. Those scarves are so fun. I love the cute print of the gray one, and the color of the pink one is so bright against the black. Such pretty looks Mica!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It cleared up quite quickly thankfully! :)

      Delete
  48. Cute outfits Mica! The accessories really add so much to a good staple. XO

    ReplyDelete
  49. I love using scarves to add a bit of print or a fun color to an outfit. You styled both of yours beautifully. I especially like how you matched to color of the pink scarf to the print of the dress.

    I'm sorry to hear about your sunburn. I hope you feel better quickly.

    Kathrin | Polar Bear Style

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm feeling much better thankfully :)

      Delete
  50. I love your scarves! Especially the first one. I am always meaning to buy more because them come in handy for so many different things!

    SHANNON VALLE
    life + style blog

    ReplyDelete
  51. Very nice and stylish <3 Regards:*

    ReplyDelete
  52. I always love how you dress things up with scarves, Mica! And your Balenciaga is beautiful! Hope you're having a lovely Wednesday!
    Raindrops of Sapphire

    ReplyDelete
  53. I soooo love that bag of yours!!!!

    I hope you are having a great week!

    Andrea
    Andrea’s Wellness Notes

    ReplyDelete
  54. Both dresses are beautiful and you've picked the perfect scarves to go along with them. The first scarf matches the LBD perfectly. The second scarf in hot pink goes really well with the print on that black dress. Perfect outfits!

    ReplyDelete
  55. Lovely dress and bag combination dear, such a chic scarf to style it too.

    Jessica | notjessfashion.com

    ReplyDelete
  56. Wearing a scarf to cover up sunburn is a really smart idea! I never thought of that before but it's something I'll do if I get sunburned again. Both dresses look really great with the scarves you wore! I really love the printed dress with the hot pink. I hope you're having a great week!

    x Kara | http://karascloset.net

    ReplyDelete
  57. Hi Mica
    Love the bright pink scarf with your pretty dress! It really lightens up your face too, lovely! I love a great B Bag and you cant beat the black. I love the silver hardwear.
    thanks for linking!
    jess xx
    www.elegantlydressedandstylish.com

    ReplyDelete
  58. Good thinking covering up your neck sunburn with a scarf! I'll need to keep that in mind for my inevitable awkwardly-placed sunburn this summer! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha yes! I burn so easily, I have different tricks for letting my skin hide out and heal!

      Delete
  59. Two very good looks. I love the way you styled the scarves, totally empowers the dresses.

    ReplyDelete
  60. Thanks all for your kind comments :)

    ReplyDelete

Your feedback on my outfits and any constructive criticism is welcomed. I appreciate the time you take to leave a kind comment. Make sure to tick 'Notify me' if you've asked a question so you get an email response :)

Feel free to leave a link to your blog so I can check it out. "Follow me" or "follow for follow" comment spam will not be published.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...