Monday 11 March 2019

Weekday Wear Linkup! Button Up Tanks And Pencil Skirts With A Little Red Micro Avery Bag

Simple office style with button up tanks and classic pencil skirts for the Weekday Wear Linkup today! I accessorised with my adorable red micro Avery tote bag and bold necklaces for a touch of colour.

A massive thank you to everyone who linked up - we had 45 entries last week!

What I wore:

printed tank, colourful statement necklace, pencil skirt red rebecca minkoff micro avery bag | awayfromblue

Rebecca Minkoff red micro Avery cross body bag | awayfromtheblue

Instagram | awayfromtheblue printed button up tank pencil skirt colourful red accessories micro avery bag in the office
Earrings: gold pendant chandelier earrings
NecklaceRuby Olive Art series long striped pod necklace
TankJeanswest Florence print long line tank
SkirtJeanswest black ponte pencil skirt
ShoesWalnut Melbourne 'Ava' black lizard ballet flats (also available in silver)
BagRebecca Minkoff red micro Avery cross body bag

Why I wore it:

With the neutral brown button up tank and black pencil skirt and ballet flats, this outfit definitely needed a little colour! My Rebecca Minkoff micro Avery bag is a firm favourite, an amazing eBay steal that has been getting frequently worn since I bought it. The colourful necklace has a little red in it too so if seemed like a fun touch with the neutral outfit.

I wasn't sure about the big dangly earrings with the statement necklace but I think the neutral gold worked really well. I loved this outfit!


Last worn: gold chandelier earrings, button up tank, Ruby Olive necklace, black ponte pencil skirt, black ballet flats, Rebecca Minkoff micro Avery bag.

Other ways to wearbutton up tank and purple jeans, black ponte pencil skirt with stripes in winter, black ballet flats and jeans, Rebecca Minkoff micro Avery bag and maxi dress.

Perfect for pregnancybutton up tank in third trimester, black ponte pencil skirt in second trimester, black ballet flats in third trimester.


What's In My Bag: Rebecca Minkoff Micro Avery










What I wore:

floral print button up tank red necklace statement necklace summer pencil skirt office outfit | away from blue

grey pencil skirt with Rebecca Minkoff red micro Avery cross body bag | away from the blue

awayfromblue instagram | floral button up tank grey pencil skirt red necklace and bag summer office outfit
Necklace: thrifted red flat bead necklace
TankRiver Island floral print sleeveless shirt
SkirtAsos tailored tab front pencil skirt in grey
ShoesMarc by Marc Jacobs metallic mouse flats
BagRebecca Minkoff red micro Avery cross body bag

Why I wore it:

Wearing all the red! It was lunar new year so I had to wear my new necklace. It was thrifted, but new-to-me so I figured it counted for something new to wear on the day! I love how this button up tank looks in the office, the collar makes it quite formal, although it works equally well with shorts. I thought the red accessories were a nice touch with it, even if the print on the tank is a little more burgundy.

I also managed to keep this white tank clean when we had a big celebratory team lunch too, which I felt quite proud of! I figured the print would help disguise it if I did spill anything.


Last worn: button up tank, grey pencil skirt, gold mouse flats, Rebecca Minkoff micro Avery (above). First time I've worn the necklace as it was a recent opshop find.

Other ways to wearbutton up tank and maxi skirt, grey pencil skirt in monochrome outfit, gold mouse flats for a YouTube creator day, Rebecca Minkoff micro Avery and maxi skirt.

Perfect for pregnancygrey pencil skirt in second trimester, gold mouse flats in third trimester.




Button Up Tanks Under $50:






How You Can Wear It:
A button up tank is a nice alternative to a button up shirt on a hot summer day. They look just as formal as their sleeved counterparts when you add a blazer or cardigan on top to battle the cold office aircon.






Weekday Wear Linkup #09


Welcome to the Weekday Wear linkup! A linkup for you to share your weekday outfits - whether that is office wear or stay at home mum wear - if you wore it on a weekday, you can link it up!

Guidelines:
1. Please link to a specific outfit post, not your blog homepage.
2. Link back to this post so others can find the link up.
3. Follow your host Away From The Blue on BloglovinInstagramTwitterFacebook or YouTube.
4. Add up to two posts and be sure to visit and comment on as many other posts as possible to get some weekday outfit inspiration!
Optional: tweet the post you linked up with the hashtag #weekdayWearLinkUp so I can retweet!





Subscribe for The Weekday Wear Linkup reminder emails





Linking up with Trend Spin, Confident Twosday, Oh Hey Girl, On The Daily Express, Fashion Frenzy.


Follow Away From the Blue on:
Bloglovin
Twitter : Instagram Youtube : Facebook : LikeToKnow.It 

54 comments:

  1. I love that bag! It goes so well with these outfits and I love the necklaces too.

    Gemma x
    www.jacquardflower.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mica, your colorful accessories really make your classic work pieces pop! I love that red bag! I've said it before but I'll say it again, you have the best handbag collection!
    Have a great week!
    xo,
    Kellyann

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kellyann. I do love my handbags!

      Delete
  3. That bright handbag looks so cute x

    Laura
    https://pinkfrenzymissl.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those tops are lovely and paired with pencil skirts they do look amazing. I really like how you wore necklaces with both outfits. Both necklaces complements the red bag really nicely. That's a great example of how accessories can make our outfit more put together. You look lovely dear.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This bag is such a statement!
    https://miss-uncover.blogspot.com
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCjqx5GwSIU23cLC7fLuso2A

    ReplyDelete
  6. That style top is perfect for a Summer work day and so good with your pencil skirts. I do like that little red bag. Many thanks for the Link-Up , have a good week.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, you look so chic in each of the looks! And you can be proud that you kept the blouse clean despite the challenge :) Love that you combined the statement necklaces with the looks and for sure the bag is wonderful!
    xx Rena
    www.dressedwithsoul.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this chic look for the office. That first tank and necklace is so beautiful! Thanks so much for the link up!

    https://www.kathrineeldridge.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Both looks are so chic for work! I love all of the colorful details! Your necklaces make both outfits pop!

    Jill - Doused in Pink

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your red bag is striking, I always love red bags and this Rebecca Minkoff style is just cute. I like your first tank top too, it looks like tweed for a second. These are elegant looks for the office.

    www.busyandfab.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. I really like the red accents. The micro bag really works for you--I'd be afraid it would look way out of proportion for me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely perfect for my petite self!

      Delete
  12. This is exactly why I love a red purse, Mica!! It adds punch to any outfit, especially the neutral ones!
    XOXO
    Jodie
    www.jtouchofstyle.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the bright accessories with these looks! The print of that second blouse is so pretty
    https://www.closet-fashionista.com/

    ReplyDelete
  14. These are such pretty looks and I love your little red bag!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love your handbag, adds a nice pop of color!
    xx- Nina

    http://www.stylingwithnina.com/2019/03/must-have-snake-print-booties.html

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your Micro Avery bag is too cute! I love how it matches so well with your necklace too - all about pops of color!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love your second look, the charcoal grey really allows the red to pop, and now I'm feeling like I should pull out my red handbag!
    Chic on the Cheap

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely a good excuse to give it another wear! :)

      Delete
  18. How wonderful to see both of these outfits. I’ love the red beaded necklace and that cute Avery bag . I hope you are enjoying this wonderful new week.
    ❤️❤️
    Elle
    https://theellediaries.com/

    ReplyDelete
  19. That's a cute red bag! I love the size too. Both outfits are great for work. I love the print on the second tank top although I am still squeamish about wearing white. Kudos though on keeping it clean during lunch! I know that dirt just seem to be everywhere all of the sudden when you wear white!

    Maureen | www.littlemisscasual.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha yes I struggle keeping white things white!

      Delete
  20. I love the top you're wearing in your first outfit, and the pops of colour provided by your little red bag. Both your necklaces are fabulous too! Have a great week, Mica! Thanks for hosting! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  21. Your bag looks lovely and really adds to your office look!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I always love a pop of red!
    Cheryl Shops | www.cherylshops.net

    ReplyDelete
  23. Both of this outfit are super chic and prefect for the work place. Have a great week.

    http://www.amysfashionblog.com/blog-home

    ReplyDelete
  24. Love the necklace and bag! So great for those summer days!

    Shauna

    www.lipglossandlace.net

    ReplyDelete
  25. I always like seeing it when you wear red accessories or yellow accessories because those are two colors I like and have accessories in, but often forget about!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Love your necklace and the gorgeous color of your bag!

    -Katie
    http://www.hellokatiegirlblog.com/

    ReplyDelete
  27. I'm one for spilling things too so look for patterns as well. Have a good week

    ReplyDelete
  28. I love seeing your office outfits, Mica! It makes me miss working in an office! Both outfits are so pretty. I love both necklaces and the bag is gorgeous! How's your studying going for your test? It's week 2 at uni & I'm already so far behind! I'll join your link up later this week when I get organised enough to do a post! ;) XXX

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good luck with your study! I'm so glad I passed my test, study and mum life is a hard juggle, I'm amazed you handle it so well!

      Delete
  29. Mica, this pencil skirt style is so magnificent on you! I am loving that first necklace. It is so unique and fun. And of course, your bag is wonderful! I have added your link up to my list so I will definitely be back weekly!

    Shelbee
    www.shelbeeontheedge.com

    ReplyDelete
  30. Both are great work outfits as always, Mica:) That bag is super cute and just a great colour. And man....I'm always jealous of peeps who can keep their whites stain-free! :)

    ReplyDelete
  31. Another pretty bag you have some lovely picks Mica, hope you are doing well. Jacqui Mummabstylish

    ReplyDelete
  32. That bag is soooo cute! I'm loving mini bags lately :-)

    Lizzie
    Www.lizzieinlace.com

    ReplyDelete
  33. I love the red bag! It's a fun accent color with the rest of your outfits!
    ~Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  34. Oh this is giving me so many ideas for the summer which is coming up for us. And the pop of red with the bag is so fun. I recently picked up a red bag and I LOVE it!

    Allie of
    www.allienyc.com

    ReplyDelete
  35. Super pretty and classy look.
    xx
    https://theonethattravels.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
  36. Ooh I love the gorgeous pops of red in both of these looks Mica! That red necklace is so pretty and I also love the print of that second top. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  37. I absolutely adore the pops of red! All of your accessories compliment beautifully. I also love how you styled the pencil skirts. Very cute and chic looks! Have a wonderful Wednesday!

    Tiff
    Http://www.dashoffashandfinance.com

    ReplyDelete
  38. These are my favourite looks of yours, as they are closest to my own aesthetic. I LOVE that red on you!

    (Mica, are you pregnant? I know, I'm so rude - you don't have to publish this if you don't want).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your comment made me giggle Sheila :) Nope, not pregnant, just a very stressful start to the year and a bit too much chocolate ;)

      Delete
  39. I love both of these looks. The pops of color in the first and all the beautiful red pieces in the second look really make them stand out.

    Kathrin | Polar Bear Style

    ReplyDelete
  40. I love your look dear, especially the first one. That's such a chic top!

    Jessica | notjessfashion.com

    ReplyDelete
  41. That red bag is so cute! I love how pretty that is popping against your outfit!
    Raindrops of Sapphire

    ReplyDelete
  42. The Ruby Oly art necklace is a true piece of art !! Adds so much to the outfit, beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is such a fun necklace and such a thoughtful gift :)

      Delete
  43. Cute office looks, Mica! My favorite is the second one with the pretty print top. I love how your red handbag complimented each look. :)

    http://lizzyslatest.com/

    ReplyDelete
  44. How very chic! I love the pops of color through your accessories, Mica. You look so fresh, glowing and happy! It's really lovely to see how you make your work clothes look fashionable through pops of color. Hope you are having a great week there beautiful :) xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  45. That bag is such a fun pop of color with every outfit!!

    ReplyDelete
  46. Thank you all for linking up, and your sweet comments :)

    ReplyDelete

Your feedback on my outfits and any constructive criticism is welcomed. I appreciate the time you take to leave a kind comment. Make sure to tick 'Notify me' if you've asked a question so you get an email response :)

Feel free to leave a link to your blog so I can check it out. "Follow me" or "follow for follow" comment spam will not be published.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...