Monday 20 August 2018

Striped Tops, Alexander McQueen Skull Scarves and Black Pencil Skirts

Stripes are my favourite print, and my go-to whenever I'm print mixing. Stripes just go with so many other prints, like these Alexander McQueen skull scarves. Keeping things simple for winter workwear by pairing the striped tops with black pencil skirts.

What I wore:


burgundy stripe tee with beige skull scarf pencil skirt camel trench coat bal part time bag | awayfromblue

burgundy stripe tee with black Balenciaga SGH part time bag 2010 leather | awayfromtheblue

awayfromblue instagram burgundy stripe tee pencil skirt camel trench coat business casual office outfit winter
Jacket: Barkins beige trench coat 
ScarfAlexander McQueen modal and cashmere skull scarf
TopAtmos&Here 3/4 sleeve stripe tee in berry white
SkirtJeanswest zip detail ponte pencil skirt
ShoesMarc by Marc Jacobs logo plaque flats in camel
BagBalenciaga part time in black 2010 with SGH

Why I wore it:

This burgundy striped top is such a classic and a firm favourite of mine. I enjoy it every time I wear it. I'd been looking at it in my wardrobe for a while thinking 'I need to wear that soon' but always picking something else instead. Feeling uninspired about what to wear for work, I saw this top and again and decided to give it the wear it needed. It had been a while since the last wear!

Pairing the red stripes with lots of neutrals (black pencil skirt, black flats, camel trench and black Balenciaga bag) made an outfit come together really easily. I decided to stick with a neutral scarf too, and this taupe Alexander McQueen skull scarf was perfect.


Last worn: camel trench, taupe Alexander McQueen skull scarf, burgundy stripe tee, black pencil skirt, MbMJ ballet flats, Balenciaga part time bag.

Other ways to wearcamel trench and sheath dress, Alexander McQueen skull scarf and shirt dress, burgundy stripe tee and maxi skirt, black pencil skirt over a dress, ballet flats and wrap dress, Balenciaga part time bag and chambray.

Perfect for pregnancycamel trench in first trimester, Alexander McQueen skull scarf in first trimester, burgundy stripe tee in third trimester, black pencil skirt in second trimester, ballet flats in second trimester, Balenciaga part time bag in third trimester.



What's In My Bag: Balenciaga Part Time










What I wore:

pink alexander mcqueen skull scarf with navy mac stripe henley and pencil skirt | away from blue

Balenciaga part time in black 2010 with SGH g21 | away from the blue

awayfromtheblue instagram stripe henley black pencil skirt navy coat and pink skull scarf bal part time bag
JacketJeanswest Monica Mac coat in Indigo
ScarfAlexander McQueen pink pashmina in skull and floral print
TopJeanswest 'Marina' stripe henley
SkirtJeanswest black ponte pencil skirt
ShoesWalnut Melbourne 'Ava' black lizard ballet flats (also available in silver)
BagBalenciaga part time in black 2010 with SGH

Why I wore it:

Followed the same outfit formula as the outfit above, but this time I picked a neutral striped henley and used the pink scarf as a pop of colour. The neon pink really pops against the navy coat! I do wish I'd arranged the scarf better so you couldn't see the fabric tag, but I didn't notice until after I'd taken photos!

This navy stripe henley is such a comfortable top, but it does seem less formal than a standard top I'd wear to work. I have a business casual office, more on the casual side (and you see jeans mid-week often). I had a quiet day planned working on a different projects with a smaller group of colleagues, so I figured a slightly more casual outfit worked.

Unfortunately despite the comfortable outfit, I wasn't feeling well and I ended up going home sick a few hours early - picked up another winter bug that's been going around the office!


Last worn: navy macintosh, neon pink skull scarf, navy stripe henley, pencil skirt, ballet flats, Balenciaga part time bag (above).

Other ways to wearnavy macintosh and printed dress, neon pink skull scarf and skinny jeans, navy stripe henley and tartan scarf, pencil skirt over a dress, ballet flats and a dress, Balenciaga part time bag and printed jeans.

Perfect for pregnancyneon pink skull scarf in third trimester, navy stripe henley in third trimester, pencil skirt in second trimester, ballet flats in third trimester, Balenciaga part time bag in second trimester.


Striped Tops Under $50:





How You Can Wear It:

Stripes are a go with anything print and an easy option when you're not sure what to wear. If your office dress code isn't as casual, you can always through a blazer over the top to make a striped tee seem more formal.

Linking up with Confident Twosday, Turning Heads, Trend Spin, Style Sessions.




Follow Away From the Blue on:
Bloglovin
Twitter : Instagram Youtube : Facebook : Google Plus : LikeToKnow.It 

61 comments:

  1. That's such a chic and classic trench coat dear. I love it, super versatile!

    Jessica | notjessfashion.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jess! I think trench coats are such a classic!

      Delete
  2. Great outfit ideas, I really like the trench coat in the first pictures - such a classic piece!
    Have a lovely day :)
    Rosanna x
    Rose's Rooftop

    ReplyDelete
  3. These striped tops paired with black pencil skirts are a fabulous outfit base for the office, Mica! I love how you've built upon this base with the coats, pretty scarves and bag. I really like the first outfit colour combo! I'd never thought of pairing red/burgundy with camel/taupe! They look so good and the coat, scarf and shoes work so well together against the burgundy stripes! XXX

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sasha! Glad I could give you a new colour combo to try! :)

      Delete
  4. love these scarves!

    claresloves.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I adore both of these looks! That tan coat is so chic.

    https://www.kathrineeldridge.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Loved both outfits , this pink scarf looks fantastic on you, and can't belive so many things you can fit in this black Balensiaga bag. Hope, you are having a grea start of the week. xx

    Nina's Style Blog

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the unexpected pop from the scarf! It really makes for such a cool contrast. i hope you're feeling better! It's taken me forever to recover from this bug!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It's so hard in winter, so many bugs around to recover from!

      Delete
  8. I hope you're feeling better Mica. It's no fun when you're sick.
    But stripes are definitely a great print---funny because our t-shirt dresses on the blog today, are stripes too!!
    XOXO
    Jodie
    www.jtouchofstyle.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Stripes are such a classic! :)

      I'm feeling much better now thank you :)

      Delete
  9. Cute outfits! Loving the stripes!
    ~Samantha
    http://goldcoastgirlblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. you look sos classy dear
    whats your opinion?
    https://www.melodyjacob.com/2018/08/social-media-has-done-more-harm-than.html
    Thank you

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm with you on stripes being the best print! It's fun to see how you pair yours with different pieces in your wardrobe. I especially love the second outfit with the pink and blue shades!
    Gina || On the Daily Express

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Gina! Stripes just pair with so much! :)

      Delete
  12. Love the coat!

    Darriyan x | www.darriyancateland.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love that burgundy stripe. Glad you got it our and wore it. I love both striped looks. I always gravitate toward stripes!

    Amy Ann
    Straight A Style

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Amy! It was definitely overdue a wear!

      Delete
  14. Ugh, those winter bugs are the worst - I hope you feel better soon, Mica!

    Great outfits - I'm a fan of stripes, and I like how they combine with the McQueen skull scarves (which are fabulous). I hope you have a good week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sheila! It has been a tough winter!

      Delete
  15. I need more stripes in my life. Both of these looks are great! And once it's warmer out you can just take off all the extra layers and wear sandals!
    http://www.closet-fashionista.com/

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'm really loving both outfits, especially that first one! I love red striped tees paired with either olive green or camel, so chic! Thanks for sharing and Happy Monday!

    XO,

    Jalisa
    THE STYLE CONTOUR

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love that you chose to pair these outfits with stripy tees. I'm gravitating towards the first outfit because of the red and white stripes. Brings out a pop. Beautiful!
    Have a blessed week.

    https://www.missymayification.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  18. I like the pink scarf in the second picture and you styled and put it together so well. Lovely pictures.

    www.stylenbeautylounge.uk

    ReplyDelete
  19. Stripes and sculls are so fun. Edgy but so mainstream too.

    Allie of
    www.allienyc.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, something a bit different, but not too out there! :)

      Delete
  20. Stripes are one of my go to prints as well. I hope you feel better soon.

    http://www.amysfashionblog.com/blog-home

    ReplyDelete
  21. Blue looks so very good on you! I hope the bug is gone in your family!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Nancy! It's been a tough winter!

      Delete
  22. Those scarves are so cute, I love how you styled it
    xo
    www.laurajaneatelier.com

    ReplyDelete
  23. Stripes are very trend this summer....I love them because they are timeless. I'm not sure are they fav print but they are definitely one of my favs.

    Love your striped top...This black bag is so cute. Nice scarves as well. Great outfits. Have a great start of week!

    https://modaodaradosti.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  24. I love the bright pink skull scarf! A shirt I wear frequently has a glitter skull at the front and people comment on it so often, telling me I shouldn’t wear pieces like that. Has that ever happened to you? It is really annoying.

    Anne - Linda, Libra, Loca

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh how annoying! No, I've never come across that, but I don't think many people would notice the skull print at first! I think you should keep wearing your shirt if it makes you happy! :)

      Delete
  25. Stripes are the best and you can't go wrong with it. Love the pink scarf on the second outfit but really both looks work for me!

    Maureen | www.littlemisscasual.com

    ReplyDelete
  26. Sorry to hear that you were sick - I hope that you are feeling better now! :) I like the first outfit as everything comes together so effortlessly, but the pop of colour in the second outfit is super cool! I love the scarves, so cute and easy to style. :) Thanks for sharing, lovely. xoxo

    Kay
    https://www.shoesandglitter.com

    ReplyDelete
  27. Scarves are an absolute must during the colder months and so finding stylish options is a great idea, when they have to be a part of our outfits whether we like it or not, haha! :) Hope you're having a great week so far babe!

    aglassofice.com x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha true! They are a winter essential! :)

      Delete
  28. You look so chic, lady- love that McQueen scarf!

    -Ashley
    Le Stylo Rouge

    ReplyDelete
  29. I love these outfits! I didn't realise red and camel are so complimentary together. I will try it this autumn - thanx for the inspo. Lise

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad I could give you some colour inspiration! :)

      Delete
  30. Hope you're feeling better, Mica:( On a good note, you look great in both outfits:) I love stripes. My husband always jokes that everytime we go to stores, striped shirts always seem to call my name. And I do love that trench coat. You look so Parisian in that first outfit.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha yes I'm the same with stripes! Thank you, I'm feeling much better!

      Delete
  31. I hope you are feeling much better. Everyone seems to get sick this time of year. I haven't been feeling good myself lately. But getting more rest which is needed. I hope your having an amazing week. I love your outfit choices here. You always acessorise really well :) http://www.bauchlefashion.com/2018/08/5-ways-to-wear-athletic-leisure.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) Yes, this time of year is so tough here!

      Delete
  32. Oh no! Sorry to hear you're not feeling well. I do love both your outfits. I just recently invested in some more striped tops myself. They're so versatile and look so nice. :)

    ~Lindsey
    https://have-clothes-will-travel.com/

    ReplyDelete
  33. I love both of these outfits! Stripes are one of my favorite prints too. The trench coat looks great with the burgundy stripes, and I really like the pop of color the scarf gives to the second outfit. Also I hope you feel better soon! :)

    x Kara | http://karascloset.net/

    ReplyDelete
  34. I wish you quick recovery. i love this ensemble. Am obsessed with scarfs and I think this is a really beautiful one. I enjoyed the video too. Kisses!

    ReplyDelete
  35. I agree that stripes are a great go-to print because they go with everything.

    I love both looks, but the first one if my favorite. I love the combination of red stripes and camel.

    Kathrin | Polar Bear Style

    ReplyDelete
  36. I really love your scarf collection. Whenever I see you wear them I think I say it. The Alexandar McQueen collection is my favorite.

    http://www.mylittlenest.org

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are such a fun scarf, I can never resist when I see one on sale, haha!

      Delete
  37. I have two of these scarves, one black and one white and I remember wearing them all the time when I bought them. Need to dig and find them to wear in fall!

    Yiota
    PinkDaisyLoves

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope you can find them and enjoy wearing them! :)

      Delete
  38. Loving the skull scarves, Mica! The brown one is gorgeous, you styled it well!

    Raindrops of Sapphire

    ReplyDelete
  39. Thanks all for your lovely comments and get well soon wishes - I'm feeling much better! :)

    ReplyDelete

Your feedback on my outfits and any constructive criticism is welcomed. I appreciate the time you take to leave a kind comment. Make sure to tick 'Notify me' if you've asked a question so you get an email response :)

Feel free to leave a link to your blog so I can check it out. "Follow me" or "follow for follow" comment spam will not be published.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...