Friday 8 March 2019

Printed Culotte Shorts With Plain Tops and Mini MAC Cross Body Bags

It's one of the simplest outfit formula rules to follow: if you're wearing a printed piece, pick a plain piece to go with it. I followed that rule for the two outfits below to create some easy summer outfits with very different colour schemes. I accessorised both with a colourful little Rebecca Minkoff mini MAC bag.

What I wore:

mustard tank kmart lemon print culotte shorts summer sahm style | awayfrpomblue

Rebecca Minkoff mini MAC in aquamarine with python embossed leather | awayfromtheblue

awayfromblue Instagram | mustard tank with pastel navy print culotte shorts and mint mini mac bag summer style
Necklace: Kmart gold and navy beaded necklace
TankJeanswest Maya gather back tank in chartreuse
Shorts: Kmart culotte short in navy lemon print
Shoesslim gold Havaianas
BagRebecca Minkoff mini MAC in aquamarine with python embossed leather

Why I wore it:

Colourful outfit for a hot and sunny day! We spent the morning by the bayside attending an event in the park. It was really hot and humid, but a lot of fun, and the sea breeze was quite nice. Much better at cooling us than our aircon at home, which had sadly given up during the summer heatwave and we were having troubles repairing. It was out of action for over 2 weeks!

I picked a fun and colourful outfit for the fun day - when I saw these printed shorts in the Kmart clearance sale (they were just $5!) I knew I wanted to wear them with the mustard tank, even though the yellow in the print is more of a pastel. I liked this combination even more than the first time I wore these shorts!

I added a little extra colour with my aqua mini MAC bag - I didn't need to carry much for myself as the event was entirely free. I brought my wallet just in case but didn't need it. I did however decide at the last minute to put my hair up and forgot to then sunscreen my exposed back and neck - that was a painful reminder I need to review my use of sunscreen if I change my hairstyle before I leave the house! I was sunburnt and sore for days.


Last worn: mustard tank, gold and navy beaded necklace, lemon print culottes, Havaianas, Rebecca Minkoff aqua mini MAC bag.

Other ways to wearmustard tank with black shorts, lemon print culottes with pink, Rebecca Minkoff aqua mini MAC bag and maxi skirt.

Perfect for pregnancyRebecca Minkoff aqua mini MAC bag in third trimester.


What's In My Bag: Rebecca Minkoff Mini MAC










What I wore:

monochromatic grey tee printed shorts outfit with neon pink mini mac bag | away from blue

 Rebecca Minkoff neon pink mini MAC bag | away from the blue

awayfromtheblue Instagram | monochromatic printed culotte shorts outfit with grey v neck tee neon pink mini MAC bag
Necklace: navy and silver circle pendant tassel necklace
TeeAtmos&Here charcoal grey v neck tee
ShortsJeanswest Parker printed shirred short
Shoesblack slim Havaianas thongs
BagRebecca Minkoff neon pink mini MAC

Why I wore it:

This was the day we finally got the aircon repaired, yey! Had a quiet morning at the park with the boys, ran a couple of errands picking up some groceries and some wrapping paper to wrap the birthday presents for a party the next day. I have plenty of Christmas wrapping paper, but was a little low on birthday paper!

Was so thankful for having the aircon fixed that afternoon - it's such a blessing to have aircon in the heat and you really notice when it's gone! (Big thanks to New Venture Brisbane who finally fixed it for us. Not sponsored, just very thankful for them!)

I followed the same outfit formula as above, with a pair of fun soft printed shorts and then a plain top. This grey tee is a firm favourite, and created a nice monochromatic outfit with the black print. It did feel a little flat though, a the navy tassel necklace blended in a bit with the tee. The neon pink mini MAC bag was the perfect touch of colour with it all to brighten it up a bit.


Last worn: grey tee, navy tassel necklace, black printed shorts, Havaianas, Rebecca Minkoff neon pink mini MAC.

Other ways to weargrey tee and red maxi skirt, black printed shorts and kimono, Rebecca Minkoff neon pink mini MAC and purple cardigan.

Perfect for pregnancygrey tee in second trimester.



Printed Culotte Shorts Under $50:



How You Can Wear It:

Soft shorts are a summer staple, perfect for a hot and humid day. To keep things simple, pick a plain tank or tee to wear with them. You can go monochromatic like in the second outfit, or bolder and pick a colour out of the print to wear on top. A bright cross body handbag is always a good way to accessorise too.


Linking up with Lizzie in Lace, Shoe & Tell, On Mondays We Link Up, Mutton Years Style.


Follow Away From the Blue on:
Bloglovin
Twitter : Instagram Youtube : Facebook : LikeToKnow.It 

40 comments:

  1. Such cute summery outfits! I don't own any cullottes but they look perfect for Summer xx

    GemmaEtc.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Printed shorts are always so great for Summer! Lets you have some fun without adding too many layers that will make you overheat, ha ha
    https://www.closet-fashionista.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely outfit. Your combination of shorts and plain top is super cute. I love the yellow top with the floral shorts and pop of blue from your bag.
    www.chez-rama.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay for getting the air con repaired! Both looks are so summery and cool. I love wearing culottes during the summer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so thankful for getting it repaired! :)

      Delete
  5. I love how you often style your outfits with handbags serving colour pops -they brighten up outfits so wonderfully; definite accessories inspiration right there! Hope you have a fabulous weekend babe!!

    aglassofice.com x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bags are such a fun way to add a pop of colour! :)

      Delete
  6. Hi Mica
    These two looks are cool and comfortable for hot days.
    I like most the first formula is more appealing in terms of colors. I'm allergic to air conditioning oh!



    xoxo

    marisasclosetblog.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I can't imagine being allergic to it with the heat here!

      Delete
  7. There is nothing as amazing as culottes, perfect for the warmer days and I love your printed ones.
    So eyecatchy.

    take a look at my BLOG and my INSTAGRAM

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very cute shorts! Love the prints! You have an amazing bag collection as well! Happy Friday!
    ~Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  9. Both bags are such fun pop of colours to both outfits, Mica:) Now, I want some new shorts for the summer...if only we'd actually get some hot weather here soon. Please send us some! :P

    ReplyDelete
  10. I really like the bright yellow tank. I have a similar one that I'm ready to wear again once it gets more sunny.
    Happy weekend!

    www.fashionradi.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the bright colors! You're ready for spring!

    www.sundaydahlias.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Aren tyou the Queen of bags! What a wonderfull colors, so cheerfull! Glad your airconditioning was repaired! Happy weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I really want to wear airy clothes like yours,the cold weather is still with us... you look nice
    https://www.melodyjacob.com/

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the splash of yellow in your first outfit, and the aquamarine bag was the perfect choice! I hope you're having a great weekend, Mica! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yellow is such a cheerful colour to wear! :)

      Delete
  15. I've been following this rule for my printed midi skirts lately so I'm trying to build up a collection of good quality plain t-shirts! Not only great tucked into midi skirts but all sorts of outfits!

    Musings & More

    ReplyDelete
  16. I really love these outfits but I am especially fond of the mustard and teal combination. My heavens, that is terrible that your air-conditioning is not working. I am certainly happy you got to the bay and were able to enjoys a fresh breeze.
    ❤️❤️❤️
    Elle
    https://theellediaries.com/

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love this outfit and your hot pink bag !!


    Lesley Kim

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love both of these printed shorts! They make a simple look more special.

    https://www.kathrineeldridge.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. Such beautiful and comfort summer outfits Mica. I'm loving your bag a lot. You look wonderful. :-)
    Hope your weekend has been good. Have a blessed week ahead. :-)

    https://www.missymayification.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  20. I like that rule - it makes the outfit not too noisy. You always do a great job with pairing your outfits. On top of that, you found some more good buys as well!! The printed shorts look gorgeous.

    Nancy ♥ exquisitely.me

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is such a good rule when I'm not sure what to wear! :)

      Delete
  21. I hope your aircon is fixed now? The house we stayed in didn't have aircon, just fans which we had to have on constantly! My mum didnt even think to check before she booked the house and it was only November but was in the 30s most days!

    Corinne x
    www.skinnedcartree.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it's fixed thankfully! We can do 30 without it but anything over it we are so thankful to have it!

      Delete
  22. That first outfit is so cute and cheerful! Love both of your bright bags!

    Jill - Doused in Pink

    ReplyDelete
  23. I love a color bag with an outfit!

    ReplyDelete
  24. I would love to have that pink bag - it is such a pretty color! I love how the teal bag in the first outfit looks with those shorts - the perfect compliment to those culotte shorts!
    xo,
    Kellyann

    ReplyDelete
  25. This is definitely a great outfit formula for a warm day. I love both of your variations on this outfit, but especially the first one. The bright colors are so fun.

    I hope you had a great weekend.

    Kathrin | Polar Bear Style

    ReplyDelete
  26. I really love the bright colours in your first outfit, Mica! Love the yellow top and your shorts. Love your bag too! I love how your pink bag really pops against the dark colours of the second outfit. Hope you had a great weekend! XXX

    ReplyDelete
  27. Its no fun when the a/c is out. Loving the first outfit. It so cute and fun. Hope you had a great weekend.

    http://www.amysfashionblog.com/blog-home

    ReplyDelete
  28. cute look on you dear,,,
    http://sepatuholig.blogspot.com
    IG @grace_njio

    ReplyDelete
  29. Loving the color of both of those bags! Brighter colors are so in right now! :)

    ReplyDelete
  30. Ok! I just purchased a pair of culotte shorts and haven't tried to style them yet. Thank for the great tips and inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad I could give you some inspiration! :)

      Delete
  31. That pink bag is definitely the cutest!

    Jessica | notjessfashion.com

    ReplyDelete
  32. Thank you all for your lovely comments :)

    ReplyDelete

Your feedback on my outfits and any constructive criticism is welcomed. I appreciate the time you take to leave a kind comment. Make sure to tick 'Notify me' if you've asked a question so you get an email response :)

Feel free to leave a link to your blog so I can check it out. "Follow me" or "follow for follow" comment spam will not be published.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...