Friday 11 January 2019

Accessorising Handbags & Blue Printed Dresses

It's no secret blue is my favourite colour, and while I have a few dresses in my wardrobe, blue printed dresses make up the majority! Both of these dresses are very different styles and prints, but are great for a hot summer day. I accessorised them both with bright mini bags, and accessorised further by adding accessories to those bags themselves.

What I wore:

kmart strappy tiered sundress blue pink watercolour print with purple mini mab bag | awayfromblue

printed dress and purple rebecca minkoff mini MAB tote bag with faux fur pom pom charm | awayfromtheblue

awayfromblue instagram | summer style tiered sundress kmart blue pink print with purple mini mab bag
Necklace: Lovisa gold filigree heart pendant
Dress: Kmart strappy tiered sundress in watercolour blue and blush print
Shoesslim gold Havaianas
BagRebecca Minkoff mini MAB tote in plum

Why I wore it:

I wasn't doing anything special on this day - a quiet day out with the boys, but sometimes you just want to throw on a pretty dress. This lightweight one is so good in the heat too, and since I picked it up on clearance at Kmart for $2, it's down to a $1 cost per wear already!

Last time I wore this I paired it with a pastel pink bag to match the print of the dress. This time around I decided to do something a little different. I love blue and pink and pink and purple and blue and purple together, this dress gives me the ability to wear all three! Since I was wearing the purple mini MAB tote bag and it has gold hardware, I picked my rose gold filigree heart necklace to wear.

I really liked this outfit - simple but perfect for a hot day! The purple mini MAB tote bag has a little extra interest too with the faux fur pom pom charm - a gift a few years ago from one of my friends, it looks so good on this bag it lives there permanently!


Last worn: blue and pink tiered sundress, gold filigree heart necklace, gold Havaianas, purple Rebecca Minkoff mini MAB tote bag.

Other ways to weartiered sundress and silver sneakers, purple Rebecca Minkoff mini MAB tote bag worn 30 ways.

Perfect for pregnancypurple Rebecca Minkoff mini MAB tote bag in third trimester.



More Ways To Accessorise Your Bags:







What I wore:

blue boho printed peasant dress with red micro avery bag and scarf tied in bow | away from blue

red rebecca minkoff micro avery bag with scarf tied in bow | away from the blue

awayfromtheblue Instagram summer SAHM style blue boho printed peasant dress with red bag
Necklace: Zatini red pendant necklace
DressJeanswest 'Chelsea' printed dress
Shoesslim gold Havaianas
BagRebecca Minkoff red micro Avery cross body bag (with Fashion Scarf Girl Navy and Gold hair scarf (c/o) tied in a bow)

Why I wore it:

This dress is a summer favourite, although I have layered it up for winter a few times in the years I've owned it. I wanted something simple to wear at a catch up at my parents. Since they were missing Christmas as they were going overseas, we caught up with the family to give them a few gifts before they left, and have a yummy dinner together.

I don't think I've worn red with this dress before, but I really liked the way this little Rebecca Minkoff micro Avery bag popped with the blue print. I had to go a little matchy-matchy and wear my red necklace with it too, even though it's guaranteed one or both of the boys will grab on this when I'm wearing it to get a closer look!

To further continue to the blue, and to change up the look of the micro Avery bag a little as I've been frequently wearing it, I added one of my scarves from Fashion Scarf Girl. Such a fun little hair scarf, it looks great tied in a bow on this handbag handle!


Last worn: blue boho printed dress, red necklace, gold Havaianas (above), Rebecca Minkoff micro Avery tote bag. First time I've worn the scarf as it's a recent addition to my wardrobe.

Other ways to wearblue boho printed dress and blazer, Rebecca Minkoff micro Avery tote bag and skinny jeans.

Perfect for pregnancyblue boho printed dress in second trimester.



Similar Blue Printed Dresses Under $50:




How You Can Wear It:

A mini cross body bag is a great addition to a simple summer dress outfit, to add an extra little pop of colour. If you want to change things up a bit, you can accessorise the bag too! Try a fun charm or a simple scarf tied in a bow.


Linking up with Lizzie In Lace, Shoe & Tell, Modest Monday, On Mondays We Link Up, Sunday Reflections.


Follow Away From the Blue on:
Bloglovin
Twitter : Instagram Youtube : Facebook : Google Plus : LikeToKnow.It 

74 comments:

  1. Oh I love that Kmart dress! So summery! And the addition of the Fashion Scarf Girl scarf on the bag in the second outfit is a great detail - it looks just like a twilly! :D

    Eileen | 5feetofstyle.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's just a little longer than a twilly, a great length! :)

      Delete
  2. I can see why blue is your fave, Mica...you look fab wearing blue dresses:) I love how you paired that red Avery with the second dress.
    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both of these blue dresses are great! And they look really nice with both the red and burgundy bags. I'd love to wear more blue but struggle with pairing it with blue jeans! A dress would be a great way to go since I don't have to worry about coordinating tops + bottoms!
    Gina || On the Daily Express

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, a dress is such a great alternative!

      Delete
  4. I really like the mini-bags with your looks. They seem to fit your size and style nicely, whereas, if I carry a small bag, I feel like a dwarf it--ha!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha yes, benefit of being petite! On the other hand some bigger bags can swamp my short self!

      Delete
  5. Oh I love this summer-like look :)
    The dress is amazing. In Cologne, Germany (where I live) it's rainy and cold. I wish I could wear such a cool dress right now. Lovely one.

    take a look at my BLOG and my INSTAGRAM

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really like the compact sizes of these two handbags Mica, structured handbags have a way of adding so much stylish to an outfit! I hope you have a fabulous weekend!!

    aglassofice.com x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Blue really is a great color! It's no wonder it's one of the basic colors everyone can wear and build their wardrobe on'
    https://www.closet-fashionista.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's certainly a wardrobe staple for me! :)

      Delete
  8. Not only do you love blue but you sport it beautifully Mica - it brings out the color of your eyes.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very lovely looks and cute bags <3

    xx Alyssa | STYLE VANITY

    ReplyDelete
  10. Blue is a wonderful color on you and both dresses look so fresh and summery. The bags you chose to pair with them are perfect. Happy weekend Mica!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the heart pendant, I have a similar one that I feel like I haven't worn in ages. These necklaces look beautiful on you!
    Hope you have a wonderful weekend!

    www.fashionradi.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should definitely wear it again! This one is so fun to wear!

      Delete
  12. Oh the first dress is really cute
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love the color combinations that you have going on here Mica! Especially that first one, I think the color of your bag works really well with that dress, I love it. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Shea! I definitely want to wear more purple with this dress :)

      Delete
  14. I think your red bag looks gorgeous with that second dress! And the purple compliments your first dress perfectly too! I love how you choose 2 handbag colors that weren't in the actual dresses, but they look so nice! Hope you have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Laura! I love using handbags as contrasting pops of colour! :)

      Delete
  15. Blue suits you. Both of the dresses are lovely and the pop of color from the bag looks great with both dresses. I'm also amazed at how affordable the first dress is.

    I hope you have a great weekend.

    Kathrin | Polar Bear Style

    ReplyDelete
  16. You look great! I love the purple bag. Really cute outfits. xx

    http://saguarostyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. Both dresses are so beautiful on you! You really suit blue! They are perfect for a summers day. The bags really finish off these looks perfectly! xx

    www.rediscoveringmystyle.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, a printed dress is such a summer staple!

      Delete
  18. Loving your style.
    xx
    https://theonethattravels.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
  19. I always loved the combo of blue and red (my two favourite colours), so I obviously love the second outfit. That red bag is so pretty. I'm not a bag lady, but I just love that one, it's so eye-catching and stylish. The first outfit is also beautiful. The combination of that blue pattern dress with a purple bag is a winning one. That dress does have some purple in it? Anyhow, it looks great with the bag. Both dresses are so lovely on you!

    I wish you a fantastic weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ivana :) It is the cutest little red bag! The print on the dress is a pastel pink, although it might look a little lilac on your screen?

      Delete
  20. I love both dresses on you and you have such an amazing collection of handbags! xx

    Thank you for sharing and don’t miss my latest post about new revolutionary app BLOGGSY for Bloggers and Influencers LIKE ME AND YOU. Bloggsy is designed to allow us Bloggers and Influencers to increase our revenue making opportunities by providing a marketplace for us to promote 30 skills and services that we all should be sharing with each other.
    There’s a HUGE REFERRAL SCHEME too!
    I would love to see you joining the Bloggsy crew. xx
    Much Love,
    Elegant Duchess xx
    https://www.elegantduchess.com/2019/01/08/bloggsy-app-for-bloggers-and-influencers-how-to-increase-your-revenue-making-opportunities/

    ReplyDelete
  21. Dresses are such a summer staple for me, especially for easy days. I usually don't bother with accessorizing them much though.

    Anne - Linda, Libra, Loca

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The beauty of them is that they don't need much accessorising! :)

      Delete
  22. So beautiful dresses! I love your red mini bag. Happy saturday!
    https://chicchedimamma.com/

    ReplyDelete
  23. Oh, I'm so envious it's warm wear you live and you can wear pretty dresses! I love summer fashion. Your dresses are lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  24. hello Mica
    I liked the first dress more than the second one, but I loved the two bags.
    I loved the match of the first look.
    You're so beautiful in the first look.



    xoxo

    marisasclosetblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  25. That second dress is my fav!! Looks like it would be suitable in sooo many outdoor settings.. beachy, woodsy.. love it! - http://www.domesticgeekgirl.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is such a fantastic dress for many occasions! :)

      Delete
  26. I love the sleeves on the second dress! So cute and unexpected! And the small RM bags give these dresses the perfect pop of color!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Mica you look absolutely stunning in those outfits! and how lovely those dresses are!! I wish I could wear some right now.. can't believe it's summer over there! haha! that pretty bag on the second look has such a great color paired with blue. LOVE it! have a lovely weekend! x

    ReplyDelete
  28. Both of these dresses are so pretty and you've accessorised them beautifully, Mica! I love the purple bag in the first outfit and it looks lovely against the pink and blue print of the dress. I love the necklace and bag in the second outfit: such pretty shades of red to complement your blue dress! I really love the scarf on your bag, too! It is so pretty and looks so chic. Hope you're having a great weekend, Mica! XXX

    ReplyDelete
  29. I love the added scarf on the red bag. The colors are so pretty together! Hope you guys are having a nice weekend! It's a rainy and cold one here in California -xo

    Shauna

    www.lipglossandlace.net

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Summer heatwave here in Australia, haha!

      Delete
  30. Absolutely adore both dresses on you and gies to show that you don't have to spend lpts of $$$ for a gorgeous piece.

    Shireen⎜Reflection of Sanity

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You definitely don't! :) I have a lot of under $5 pieces in my wardrobe!

      Delete
  31. Really cute outfits! You look amazing, hun!
    www.recklessdiary.ru

    ReplyDelete
  32. I really love the mini bags and you did a great job styling them! I think I need to considering purchasing one for my collection lol I hope the new year is treating you well! ♥

    PerlaGiselle | iamperlita.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are great additions to any handbag collection! :)

      Delete
  33. Both dresses are adorable and you look so pretty, Mica!
    Kisses, Paola.

    Expressyourself

    ReplyDelete
  34. The bags and dress pairings are super cute! I'm such a major slob, I live in Lululemon and I really need to get out of that comfort zone and try some new things! I especially love the blue dress with the purple bag! So adorable!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Such a comfortable way to dress though! :) I just like the ease of a dress, throw on and you're done!

      Delete
  35. It is really unbelievable you bought the first dress for only $ 2 - I still find it so beautiful and also this time you combined it perfectly. The second look together with the red is really my taste and you had a really good idea to combine red with this dress. Your parents are for sure absolutely proud of their beautiful, hard-working and intelligent daughter!
    xx Rena
    www.dressedwithsoul.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rena! The dress was such a bargain buy!

      Delete
  36. Love the way the red and purple bags accent and pop your dresses! Such lovely styling!!
    Enjoy the sunny season! Blue is also a fav of mine !
    ❤️❤️❤️
    Elle
    https://theellediaries.com/

    ReplyDelete
  37. I'm so amazed how often you change you hand bags out. I carry the same one for month. Hope you have a great weekend. We got hit with a winter snow storm.

    http://www.amysfashionblog.com/blog-home/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope the snow storm wasn't too bad! :) I love switching my bags out and using all the fun ones I have in my collection! :)

      Delete
  38. Both bags are so cute, I love the pop of color they add to your outfit! Scarves are my favorite way of accessorizing a bag as well :

    Jenny // Geeky Posh

    ReplyDelete
  39. Great outfits - you do look lovely in blue, Mica. I love that you accessorize your handbags.

    ReplyDelete
  40. That little handbag is to die for! I need to add one to my collection.

    ♡ www.KimCao.com

    ReplyDelete
  41. That's such a cute bag you got there dear!
    Jessica | notjessfashion.com

    ReplyDelete
  42. Both these dresses are so pretty, I love the bags too
    xo
    www.laurajaneatelier.com

    ReplyDelete
  43. Both of these blue dresses are so pretty on you! The red and burgundy bags are the perfect pop of color and I love how you accessorized both!

    Jill - Doused in Pink

    ReplyDelete
  44. Blue is my favorite color too, and both of these dresses look beautiful on you! I love the pattern of the second dress and it looks great with the red purse. You always accessorize outfits so well!

    x Kara | http://karascloset.net

    ReplyDelete
  45. The bags are gorgeous Mica, and the dresses are very pretty.

    xoxo
    Lovely
    www.mynameislovely.com

    ReplyDelete
  46. I must say I'm loving your sunny day dress choices! The print and cut for both dresses are something I'd love to wear myself. You look really beautiful in both looks and your zatini red pendant necklace is a real statement! So vibrant and fun :) Hope you are having a lovely week there love :) xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Shanaz! They are such simple pieces to wear in the summer heat :)

      Delete
  47. Thanks all for your lovely comments :)

    ReplyDelete

Your feedback on my outfits and any constructive criticism is welcomed. I appreciate the time you take to leave a kind comment. Make sure to tick 'Notify me' if you've asked a question so you get an email response :)

Feel free to leave a link to your blog so I can check it out. "Follow me" or "follow for follow" comment spam will not be published.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...