Monday 25 February 2019

Weekday Wear Linkup! Printed Tanks And Pencil Skirts With Rebecca Minkoff Darren Messenger Bag

Back with another weekday wear linkup!

The simplest casual summer outfit might be shorts and a tee, but the simplest summer office outfit is a printed tank and classic black pencil skirt! Wearing two of my much loved printed tanks below with my often worn black pencil skirts and my Rebecca Minkoff Darren messenger bag.

While these are great outfits to beat the heat, a cover-up in the office was definitely needed. Throwing a blazer over these outfits makes it look instantly more professional and stops you from shivering in the freezing meeting rooms. Why are they always so cold?!

What I wore:


summer office outfit leaf print tank black pencil skirt, Rebecca Minkoff Darren small messenger | awayfromblue

Rebecca Minkoff small Darren messenger bag in peony pastel pink with black pencil skirt | awayfromtheblue

awayfromtheblue instagram | summer office style with printed tank pencil skirt rebecca minkoff small darren messenger
Earrings: gifted gold pendant chandelier earrings
Necklace: blush pink and gold beaded tassel necklace
TopJeanswest Elissa leaf print tank
SkirtJeanswest black ponte pencil skirt
ShoesMarc by Marc Jacobs metallic mouse flats
BagRebecca Minkoff small Darren messenger bag in peony

Why I wore it:

I love this printed tank, and it's not the first time I've worn it to work with a plain black pencil skirt. It looks great worn casually with shorts too! It's one of those pieces that does double duty, for days off and days in the office. It works so well under a blazer.

While the peach and blush leaves in the print don't really show up on the camera, I thought the blush was a perfect match for this pink tassel necklace and Rebecca Minkoff Darren messenger bag.

I was a little upset the necklace seemed kind of lost in the print of the tank in the photo, but photo aside, I loved wearing this. I thought the gold earrings and shoes were cute accessories, even if the hardware on the Darren bag is silver.


Last worn: leaf print tank, pink tassel necklace, black pencil skirt, gold mouse flats, Rebecca Minkoff Darren bag.

Other ways to wearleaf print tank in winter, black pencil skirt over a dress, gold mouse flats and sheath dress, Rebecca Minkoff Darren bag and jeans.

Perfect for pregnancyblack pencil skirt in second trimester, gold mouse flats in third trimester.



What's In My Bag: Rebecca Minkoff Small Darren Messenger










What I wore:

animal print tank, black pencil skirt, pastel pink Rebecca Minkoff small Darren messenger bag | away from blue

black pencil skirt with Rebecca Minkoff small darren messenger bag in peony pink | away from the blue

awayfromblue Instagram animal print tank black pencil skirt easy summer business casual outfit pastel pink messenger bag
Earrings: Kmart silver tassel earrings
Necklace: gifted M initial silver pendant necklace layered with Tous silver heart pendant necklace
TopJeanswest 'Rowena' print tank
SkirtJeanswest zip detail ponte pencil skirt
ShoesWalnut Melbourne 'Ava' black lizard ballet flats (also available in silver)
BagRebecca Minkoff small Darren messenger bag in peony

Why I wore it:

The silver tassel earrings might be a bit much with the layered necklaces, but I wanted to wear them all and figured the neutral colours would tone it all down. Felt like it had been a while since I'd last worn this tank so got it out again to wear to the office. Like the tank above, it's one of those pieces that works casually or in a formal environment.

I packed a black blazer to wear over this and it created a very formal suit-like outfit, even with the fun tassel earrings and the casual hairstyle. Such a hot and humid day, and despite the heat I had to rush across the city with some files in a gap between meetings - a really hectic day!


Last worn: animal print tank, silver tassel earrings, black jersey pencil skirt, black ballet flats, Rebecca Minkoff Darren messenger (above).

Other ways to wearanimal print tank and jeans, black jersey pencil skirt and stripes, black ballet flats and wrap dress, Rebecca Minkoff Darren messenger and sundress.

Perfect for pregnancyanimal print tank in second trimester, black jersey pencil skirt in first trimester, black ballet flats in second trimester.



Printed Tanks Under $50:






How You Can Wear It:

A fun printed tank isn't just for casual wear! Add a pencil skirt to make it office appropriate for a business causal environment, and a blazer on top if your office is more formal.





Weekday Wear Linkup #07


Welcome to the Weekday Wear linkup! A linkup for you to share your weekday outfits - whether that is office wear or stay at home mum wear - if you wore it on a weekday, you can link it up!

Guidelines:
1. Please link to a specific outfit post, not your blog homepage.
2. Link back to this post so others can find the link up.
3. Follow your host Away From The Blue on BloglovinInstagramTwitterFacebook or YouTube.
4. Add up to two posts and be sure to visit and comment on as many other posts as possible to get some weekday outfit inspiration!
Optional: tweet the post you linked up with the hashtag #weekdayWearLinkUp so I can retweet!





Subscribe for The Weekday Wear Linkup reminder emails





Linking up with On Mondays We Link Up, Trend Spin, Turning Heads, Confident Twosday, Red Carpet Style, Fashion Frenzy, Style On The Daily.


Follow Away From the Blue on:
Bloglovin
Twitter : Instagram Youtube : Facebook : Google Plus : LikeToKnow.It 

67 comments:

  1. These are such pretty and feminine combos, I really like both outfits. Printed topics look lovely worn with skirts. A perfect office look. That bag is so pretty too. I really like that shade. You look beautiful.

    The tassel earrings you wore with the second outfit look great. I don't think they are too much at all.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ivana, I was a little unsure about the earrings!

      Delete
  2. You have a fabulous collection of bags, and always suit them to your outfit. Love to see what you are wearing and am always envious of your weather. Have a super week Mica. x Jacqui Mummabstylish

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both of these tanks are so pretty, Mica! I love how they can be worn both casually and for the office, like you have here. Adding a blazer would certainly make the outfit more formal for meetings etc, while still showing colour and interest with your pretty tanks and accessories. Your peony coloured bag would have to be one of my faves, Mica! Hope you have a great week ahead! XXX

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is such a pretty bag! I need to give it another wear! :)

      Delete
  4. I do like the combination of the printed tops with your black pencil skirt. I often wonder why air con has to be so extreme too. Enjoy your week and many thanks for the link up.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nothing better in the heat than a tank and a skirt but definitely a blazer for indoors - the a/c is always freezing here too since it's so hot and humid outside.
    I really like the print on the second tank - is it snakeskin print? Such a big trend this year. Once again you have the very best bags!
    xo,
    Kellyann
    www.thisblondesshoppingbag.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is so funny it's trendy this year as I've had it a while! Goes to show it never really goes out of style! :)

      Delete
  6. I love the prints on both of these tanks! That bag is so chic too. Thanks for the link up!

    https://www.kathrineeldridge.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a great combo to keep cool in the heat and still look professional! Love the prints of your tank tops! Thank you for the linkup!

    Jill - Doused in Pink

    ReplyDelete
  8. I actually really love the earrings with that necklace. Good call, Mica:) And love both tanks too. I agree....why are meeting rooms so dang cold all the time?!?!?
    Hope you're having a lovely Monday:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Emmy, glad you liked the combination!

      Delete
  9. I don't think the earrings are too much at all. I've been loving statement earrings lately, and especially since you aren't wearing a necklace, it works.
    I love both of these outfits, Mica. It's a great example of how easy dressing can look so wonderful.
    XOXO
    Jodie
    www.jtouchofstyle.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Both great outfits! I've also had to train myself to ignore the hardware on my bag if it's otherwise the right complement for my outfit but not coordinating with my jewelry. I have the same instinct about wanting them to coordinate, but it's just not always possible. And photos aside, it's not like my bag is a part of my outfit for the FULL day. That's what I tell myself anyway!
    Gina || On the Daily Express

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very true! Sometimes it's hard to resist being matchy-matchy though, haha!

      Delete
  11. Cute outfits and love your handbag!
    ~Samantha
    http://goldcoastgirlblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love your combination. The bag is so cute. Have a fab week.
    The Glossychic
    Wonder Cottage

    ReplyDelete
  13. Loving the prints with the black skirts, a great way to make them stand out! And always great when you can just throw a blazer on an outfit for the office
    https://www.closet-fashionista.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, a blazer is such a great piece for throwing on in the office!

      Delete
  14. Both outfits are so nice but I really The first one!

    ReplyDelete
  15. The print of the top is so pretty and goes wonderfully with your bag hun. Have a fabulous week, over here in Blighty the sun has finally come out and the weather is much warmer!

    xoxo
    Lovely
    www.mynameislovely.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Such a cute bag!! Happy Monday!
    xx- Nina

    http://www.stylingwithnina.com/2019/02/camel-over-knee-boots.html

    ReplyDelete
  17. Got to love piece you can wear to work and at home. Hopefully it starting to get cooler for you. Have a great week.

    http://www.amysfashionblog.com/blog-home

    ReplyDelete
  18. As always, I love how you can be so versatile with your outfits and make so much out of few items!

    Corinne x
    www.skinnedcartree.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love pencil skirt, and I agree they are perfect for work, as they can be dressed up or down as required. Your first outfit is my favourite, as I think the tank's print is gorgeous. I'm sure it looks fabulous with a blazer on top! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  20. I can't wait for spring and summer to wear brighter colors! I really love color of your top and bag! They are so beautiful!

    Blog - http://www.exclusivebeautydiary.com/search/label/en
    YouTube – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5zwSq1JSSAs

    ReplyDelete
  21. I feel like I say this every week, but you have the cutest bags! I love the soft pink color of this one. Have a good week!
    Cheryl Shops | www.cherylshops.net

    ReplyDelete
  22. I really like these looks, Mica. I think with the pencil skirt, it's something I'd wear myself. I'm especially like the pink bag. I passed a different brand one up last year and I'm still regretting it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hopefully you find a similar pink bag soon!

      Delete
  23. Oh that pink messenger bag is so cute. I love the color and the size is perfect. I watched the Rebecca Minkoff show on YT on someones channel who attended, it looked great.

    And it looks great with both looks here

    Allie of
    www.allienyc.com

    ReplyDelete
  24. A printed tank, pencil skirt and blazer is definitely a classic outfit. I love the two ways in which you styled this look. I especially like how all the peach tones come together in the first look. I hope you have a great week.

    Kathrin | Polar Bear Style

    ReplyDelete
  25. Hi! Beautiful ensemble! I adore how you paired the print tops with a solid color. ...keeps the focus on the cute tops:) In addition, the bag is super fabulous!

    I pray you are having a wonderful week!

    Tiff
    http://www.dashoffashandfinance.com

    ReplyDelete
  26. Loving the bag girl - that color is just perfect! xo, Biana -BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  27. Yes this is summer office style that is so cute and works! Just add a cardigan for that pesky air conditioning!
    Chic on the Cheap

    ReplyDelete
  28. These outfits are so classy, and wearable at the same time, I love them. You always have the best bags Mica, and the pink cutie is no different. The soft pink tone is super pretty. XOXO, Elif

    ReplyDelete
  29. Yes! Love the leaf print tank and chic pencil skirt.. - and I know you need an extra layer -
    So sophisticated and inspiring. Both looks rock Mica!
    ❤️❤️❤️
    Elle
    https://theellediaries.com/

    ReplyDelete
  30. It's so nice to be able to throw on a blazer and look insta-profesh - you are working this formula, Mica! I love the first look - your accessories are perfect and eh, who cares about mixed metals? I didn't even see your necklaces in the second outfit, but I love the fun earrings!

    I hope you have a less hectic week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sheila! :) They are such fun earrings!

      Delete
  31. Both looks are super cute and love a pink handbag. It's not so hot in Sydney now and I am loving it. Have a great week
    https://lookingfabulousat50.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  32. We don´t have air condition in most of our buildings, so our conference rooms in summer are far from cold, quite the opposite. I am happy that I am able to wear skirts and flowy shirts on that occasion and don't envy the men in their suits.

    Anne - Linda, Libra, Loca

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh wow I can't imagine not having aircon with our heat!

      Delete
  33. Such a lovely and inspiring post. I loved all your outfits Mica. I rarely wear skirts but am tempted to now. The prints of your tops is pretty. :-)

    Vi a| http://glossnglitters.com

    ReplyDelete
  34. Such a cute outfits. This pink bag is very nice and very versatile.

    Anna
    www.glamadventure.com

    ReplyDelete
  35. I absolutely love both of these outfits! The bag is such a pretty neutral color and looks so good on you. Thanks for sharing, lovely!

    Xo,

    Jalisa
    THE STYLE CONTOUR

    ReplyDelete
  36. Loving both looks, Mica- and that bag is SUCH a cute winner!

    -Ashley
    Le Stylo Rouge

    ReplyDelete
  37. This is such an amazing post! That bag looks adorable on you.
    xx Jenifer
    https://www.theevolista.com/top-things-to-do-in-banff-in-winter/

    ReplyDelete
  38. I love the colour of that bag and it complements both tops so well!

    ReplyDelete
  39. This is super inspiring. And you look fabulous, love your looks.

    Dessy | www.satinoflux.com | Fashion blog

    ReplyDelete
  40. I hate how cold it gets in buildings in the summer. I feel like I can't enjoy wearing a sleeveless blouse or tank top because it's so chilly indoors! These are great warm weather office looks. I love the blush bag with both of them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A blazer in your bag is a good solution! :)

      Delete
  41. This bag is so pretty! I love it :)

    X Merel
    www.andathousandwords.com

    ReplyDelete
  42. The printed tanks look great with a black pencil skirt!

    ReplyDelete
  43. The printed tanks look so good with the black pencil skirt! I love this outfit combination for summer because it dresses up the tank but it still looks comfortable. I'll have to remember this for when it gets warm here. I hope you're having a good week Mica!

    x Kara | http://karascloset.net

    ReplyDelete
  44. These are such great looks for work, and I love your jewelry! The meeting rooms at my office are also freezing cold--what is the deal with that?? :)

    ReplyDelete
  45. Love that purse, those tassles so dang cute!

    ReplyDelete
  46. This is such a great outfit formula. I used to wear tanks under my blazer to keep cool in the office!

    http://www.mylittlenest.org

    ReplyDelete
  47. I hope your survived this cyclone .
    About this outfit- I like so much your bag- so subtle color - I like so much outfit number one - is my favorite one. It's so cool to have so hot weather almost all the year xx

    ReplyDelete
  48. Love how you wear these little tops with straight skirts. Maybe I should up my retirement game this summer with all your inspo!
    Hugs, Mary x.
    thepoutingpensioner.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  49. Cute tops you have here dear, especially the first one. So pretty with the black skirt.
    Jessica | notjessfashion.com

    ReplyDelete
  50. Oh your bag is super cute Mica! I love the pale pink! Lovely with your outfit too. It's started raining here now lol.
    Raindrops of Sapphire

    ReplyDelete
  51. You look so beautiful in both of these looks!
    Love the pencil skirt!

    xx, Elise
    ww.sparkleandslippers.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  52. I am all for that pink bag. That skirt is a true wardrobe staple.

    ReplyDelete
  53. You look gorgeous, and so professional! And yes, I'm always freezing in AC too! Luckily, I sit right next to the thermostat at work, and the minute it drops below 72 (our agreed-upon low), I am all over it! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh lucky! Wish I could change the temp at my office!

      Delete
  54. Love all the pinks and of course the bag :D I really must do a style post soon - I didn't know you had started a link up! Will link soon hopefully xx

    Eileen | 5feetofstyle.com

    ReplyDelete
  55. Thank you all for linking up and your kind comments! :)

    ReplyDelete

Your feedback on my outfits and any constructive criticism is welcomed. I appreciate the time you take to leave a kind comment. Make sure to tick 'Notify me' if you've asked a question so you get an email response :)

Feel free to leave a link to your blog so I can check it out. "Follow me" or "follow for follow" comment spam will not be published.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...