Wednesday 19 September 2018

Black Maxi Dresses And Red Rebecca Minkoff Micro Avery Bag

You know it's properly spring weather when I've got my denim jacket out again! I took advantage of the nicer warmer weather recently to wear some of my maxi dresses with my ankle boots and light jackets. I completed both outfits with a pop up of colour from the red Rebecca Minkoff micro Avery tote bag.

What I wore:

halterneck maxi dress in spring denim jacket ankle boots red rebecca minkoff bag | awayfromblue

handheld Rebecca Minkoff red micro Avery cross body bag | awayfromtheblue

awayfromtheblue instagram | strawberry picking outfit for picnic chambers flats black maxi dress red accessories
Jacket: Bubblegum denim jacket
Necklace: gifted Zatini red pendant necklace
Dressblack Jeanswest halterneck maxi dress
Shoes: RMK Chester black ankle boots
BagRebecca Minkoff red micro Avery cross body bag (new purchase)

Why I wore it:

We decided to take the boys to a nearby strawberry farm (Chambers Flats) after seeing some of the other Aussie Vlogging Mums having fun there. Edit: This was before the big strawberry tampering crimewave across Australia, I'd have second thoughts about letting the boys touch unwashed and unchopped strawberries now! Support your local farmer but take precautions as advised by the police - wash and cut up before giving to children.

I really wasn't sure what to wear, but it felt a little warm for jeans. I decided on a simple black halterneck maxi dress with ankle boots in case they had a closed in shoes rule. The red bag and necklace were a way to add more colour to my outfit, it was only when it was pointed out on Instagram that I realised it matched the berries! I just wanted to wear my new bag! 😂

The ankle boots were a great choice as the ground was uneven and muddy in parts, but as you can see my denim jacket didn't stay on long, it was a beautifully warm and sunny day. After filling our boxes with strawberries we sat by the playground and had a picnic. Was such a nice way to spend the day, and fun for the boys to see where strawberries came from. We had so many we ended up turning some of them into a delicious smoothie later.


Last worn: denim jacket, black halterneck maxi dress, black ankle boots. First time I've worn the avery bag on the blog as it's a recent purchase.

  Other ways to weardenim jacket and shorts, black halterneck maxi dress and kimono, black ankle boots worn 30 ways, Rebecca Minkoff micro Avery bag and jeans.

Perfect for pregnancydenim jacket in second trimester, black halterneck maxi dress in third trimester, black ankle boots in second trimester.


Rebecca Minkoff Micro Avery Reveal

In case you missed it, I shared the reveal of this bag as part of my shopping haul video on YouTube, including how I managed to score this bag so cheaply, making it the cheapest leather handbag I've owned!






What I wore:

jacquard jacket over black embellished beaded maxi dress with red bag | away from blue

cute micro mini avery bag Rebecca Minkoff | awayfromtheblue

awayfromblue instagram denim jacket maxi dress red bag on sea shepherd steve irwin boat helipad
DressJeanswest 'Sierra' embellished black maxi dress (on sale!)
Shoes: RMK Chester black ankle boots
BagRebecca Minkoff red micro Avery cross body bag


Why I wore it:

Another black maxi dress with this little red Rebecca Minkoff avery bag. It's just such a fun pop of colour against the black.

Again I went with ankle boots under my dress as I wasn't sure what the rules were for our first activity of the day - the Steve Irwin Sea Shepherd ship was in the docks at Brisbane and they were providing tours. We took the boys along so they could explore the ship, it was a lot of fun and something a bit different for them! As I shared on instagram, it can be a little tricky taking pics with the boys in tow. The photo above captures the struggle well, and why I try to get photos before I even leave the house, ha!

After going out for lunch and some naps for the boys, it was off down the coast for Father's Day dinner with my parents.

I thought my pretty embellished black maxi dress was perfect for dinner, but worried that it may have been a little overdressed for the ship tour. I swapped out the jacket and wore a denim jacket during the day to try dress it down a little.


Last worn: jacquard jacket, black embellished maxi dress, black ankle boots, Rebecca Minkoff micro Avery bag (above).

Other ways to wearjacquard jacket and skinny jeans, black embellished maxi dress and kimono, black ankle boots and printed shorts, Rebecca Minkoff micro Avery bag and logo tee.

Perfect for pregnancyjacquard jacket in third trimester, black embellished maxi dress at 39 weeks pregnant, black ankle boots in second trimester.



Black Maxi Dresses Under $50:





How You Can Wear It:

A little black dress is a wardrobe staple. A black maxi dress in particular is a great option for a mum as you don't have to worry about it being too short, no matter what your day holds. It also goes effortlessly from day to evening, a maxi dress is so easy to dress up or down.


Linking up with Oh Hey Girl, Fabulous Friday, Weekend Wear, Friday Faves, Weekend Linkup, Flashback Fashion, Lizzie in Lace.


Follow Away From the Blue on:
Bloglovin
Twitter : Instagram Youtube : Facebook : Google Plus : LikeToKnow.It 

64 comments:

  1. Perfect handbag dear!! Really nice!
    Have a lovely day! xx

    La ilusión de Nina - http://lailusiondenina.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love how you styled the dress with the pop of red bag! Have a great week dear.


    Gemma x
    www.jacquardflower.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I love accessorising with red, such a fun pop of colour!

      Delete
  3. Love both the Jeanswest dresses, Mica:) How you wear maxi dresses are really inspiring. I've been meaning to sew one for the longest time...sigh....Anyhoo, that pic with the boys is too cute:)
    PS Man...that sucks about the strawberry tampering! Some people just suck:(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah the strawberry tampering has been horrible :(

      I am so jealous you can sew a maxi dress, you're so talented! maybe next summer!

      Delete
  4. Sounds like it was a great weekend. You can never go wrong with a black maxi dress. I saw that last photo on IG and love how you cover you sons face with a sticker.

    That stinks that people are putting needles in the strawberry. Seems like no food is safe anymore.

    http://www.amysfashionblog.com/blog-home/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha yes it's so hard getting a photo without their faces in it, I had to cover it up as it was the best of a crazy bunch with them running around. Much easier taking pics before we go out!

      Delete
  5. Oh both of these black maxi dresses are fantastic! That was something I wanted to add to my closet over the spring/summer but never found the right one. LOVE it with the denim jacket and red bag!
    Gina || On the Daily Express

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope you can find the perfect one next season! :)

      Delete
  6. So horrible this strawberry incident! I know you are a cautious mother and therefore I'm not in sorrow when you with your boy ins the strawberry field. Like both of the looks, you know, I think maxi suits you perfectly!
    xx from Bavaria/Germany, Rena
    www.dressedwithsoul.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rena. It's shocking how far this incident has spread!

      Delete
  7. I love the pop of color with that purse, Mica!! It goes to show how it works with so much!!
    And you have 2 black maxis??? I need to get shopping I guess...LOL!!
    XOXO
    Jodie
    www.jtouchofstyle.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha yes! I struggled so much with buying another one when I already had one, but I ended up loving them both too much to part with either!

      Delete
  8. Yay for spring! I love your black maxi with the denim jacket and red bag, and it seems like it would be a perfect combo for me to try for fall here!
    Chic on the Cheap

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes, I wear this combo a lot in autumn too! :)

      Delete
  9. That bag is so cute! I love how bright it is! And how funny that you unintentionally matched your location!
    http://www.closet-fashionista.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love using denim jackets to add a more casual feel to my dressier pieces. I think it made for a great fit with the dress and I love the bag paired with it, too!

    XO,

    Jalisa
    THE STYLE CONTOUR

    ReplyDelete
  11. Loving the fun pop of color with that gorgeous RM bag <3
    Green Fashionista

    ReplyDelete
  12. The red bag looks gorgeous paired with your black maxi dresses, Mica! I love the first outfit with the denim jacket and that pretty necklace! Picking strawberries with the boys sounds like so much fun. Such a shame about all the tampering crime at the moment. Hope you're having a great week, Mica! XXX

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is horrible seeing how far reaching the tampering is! I hope it's over soon, I'm worried they still haven't found who is responsible!

      Delete
  13. You look lovely in both outfits - they're nice simple looks. The addition of the jean jacket definitely takes the LBD (long black dress!) down a notch style-wise (I mean in that it makes them more casual). Love the sweet little red bag.

    Why would anyone do that to strawberries?? What is up with people!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sheila :) I love the denim jacket and maxi dress combo. It is so wrong, I can't believe it's spreading across Australia. I hope they catch whoever has been doing it and find out why!

      Delete
  14. What a lovely bag. I love the classic and timeless style. And the pop of red is really pretty.

    Jessica | notjessfashion.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh I do love black dresses! Fabulous look Mica!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Very pretty indeed, dear! You look so young in braids, Mica. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hehe thank you! I've been wearing my hair like this a lot!

      Delete
  17. That red handbag is so cute x

    Laura
    https://pinkfrenzymissl.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  18. It looks like you have been having a lot of fun with your family! I love going strawberry picking each spring! I typically make freezer jam and we enjoy it throughout the year. Your jacquard jacket looks really nice with that maxi dress. It compliments the embellishments so well! Hope you have a nice rest of your week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a great idea! After making a couple of smoothies we ended up eating all the strawberries - my boys love them!

      Delete
  19. It sounds like you had a lovely time and I love a pop of red! The bag is such a great color and size - nice buy! I like how the denim jacket can dress down a look too. Sometimes I'm too overdressed, but I don't care ;)

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love both these maxi dress - and the first set of photos really reinforces for me that I need to get a good denim jacket into my closet ASAP!

    Courtney ~ Sartorial Sidelines

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it's a real classic, although I haven't had much luck finding one to replace this one!

      Delete
  21. Such a lovely day- and yay for denim jackets! I always break mine out for the first time in the spring and wear it straight through the fall!

    -Ashley
    Le Stylo Rouge

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are great for spring and autumn, but can't really wear it much in summer here!

      Delete
  22. A strawberry crime wave?! What is this world coming to? That sounds like a soap opera storyline for sure! You look great in that maxi dress! I never would have thought to pair a maxi with boots!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! It's so crazy - and has spread so far! So frustrating and disappointing.

      Delete
  23. Such a lovely outfit!That bag looks so cute:-)

    http://www.lostindaydreams.com/

    ReplyDelete
  24. I bought a zebra print maxi dress and it is incredibly versatile as well, something I´d never thought it could be due to the print.

    Anne - Linda, Libra, Loca

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I bet that looks awesome! :) I find maxis so versatile :)

      Delete
  25. Aww, I love that you had a red bag to go strawberry picking, even if the matching wasn't intentional :) I love the versatility of a black maxi dress too, you can't go wrong with that. I've never taken my kids berry picking before, I really need to do that!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They would love it I'm sure! We had such a fun day doing it! :)

      Delete
  26. Dying over that cure red bag! The maxi dress is so versatile and chic too.

    https://www.kathrineeldridge.com

    ReplyDelete
  27. I love me a classic black dress!


    <3 A N D R E A | THEBEAUTYDOJO.COM

    ReplyDelete
  28. I love the red mini bag.
    It look so stylish and chic

    Much Love,
    Jane | The Bandwagon Chic

    ReplyDelete
  29. In love with your red bag, amazing looks too!
    Kisses, Paola.

    Expressyourself

    ReplyDelete
  30. The red bag really pop against the backdrop the of the dress!

    xoxo
    Lovely
    www.mynameislovely.com

    ReplyDelete
  31. You look so lovely in this black maxi dress, such a flattering design as well! It's nice to see a denim jacket as well; I really need to pick one up before it gets too cold here in the UK to even wear one haha! Have a fabulous weekend babe :)

    aglassofice.com x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha yes, it's the perfect temps right now for both of us to wear it before the temperature changes too much!

      Delete
  32. The Bold color of the bag can give something extra to any outfit.Cute outfit!
    www.comfycozyup.com

    ReplyDelete
  33. That is such a really cute bag, I love red bags and this one is so pretty. I like how you went to a strawberry farm, that must be so much fun. I also really wash well and chop the strawberries before I give it to my boys these days. Wishing you a fun and warm weekend.

    www.busyandfab.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is silly that we have to be so vigilant, but I hope that they can catch the people responsible!

      Delete
  34. Hi Mica! Happy spring:) You look amazing as always! I adore the dash of red in both looks. A red bag is so perfect for all seasons and you styled it beautifully!

    I pray you and your family have a fun weekend!

    Tiff
    http://www.dashoffashandfinance.com

    ReplyDelete
  35. I need to try a side braid sometime soon! I just love this black maxi dress, it looks so comfy and the bright bag really adds a nice pop of color!

    Carrie
    curlycraftymom.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been wearing this hair style so much! It would look great on you! :)

      Delete
  36. Oh that bag is too cute and big for a mini. And the denim jacket looks great with the dress and does dress it just enough. Could you imagine if you wore a fur stole-hahaha just kidding. You look great.

    Allie of
    www.allienyc.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha yes that would definitely be overdressed!

      Delete
  37. I love that red bag with your denim jacket and maxi! So cute! I really like wearing my denim jacket too.

    Amy Ann
    Straight A Style

    ReplyDelete
  38. I love both of those maxi dresses and that red bag is the perfect pop of color! The one thing I'm going to miss with fall coming soon here is being able to wear my denim jacket. Also strawberry picking sounds like so much fun! I hope you had a great week x

    x Kara | http://karascloset.net

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope you can make the most of your denim jacket before the weather changes!

      Delete
  39. Lovely outfit. I love the pop of red, red is my favourite colour :) Thanks for sharing at Welcome To The #Weekendbloghop

    ReplyDelete
  40. Thanks all for your lovely comments! :)

    ReplyDelete
  41. I never would have guessed that was a mini bag because it looks pretty large. I love how it looks with your outfit!

    ReplyDelete

Your feedback on my outfits and any constructive criticism is welcomed. I appreciate the time you take to leave a kind comment. Make sure to tick 'Notify me' if you've asked a question so you get an email response :)

Feel free to leave a link to your blog so I can check it out. "Follow me" or "follow for follow" comment spam will not be published.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...