Wednesday 7 August 2024

Layering Summer Pieces In Winter Outfits

I thrifted a few summer pieces at the opshop in July, back before the cold winter weather really hit in Brisbane. I was so eager to wear my new finds that I tried layering them up for winter on working from home days despite the colder temperatures.


What I wore:






JacketWittner 'Santa Fe' cobalt blue leather jacket
Necklace: terrazzo and wood rose gold bead necklace
Tee: thrifted Cotton on grey tunic tee
Skirt: thrifted NWT Beginning Boutique Sahara red-orange maxi skirt (new purchase)
Shoesthrifted white leather Chuck Taylor All Star Converse sneakers
BagMIMCO Mim-Mazing crossbody bag in black and light gold


Why I wore it:

I love the colour of this maxi skirt! It was new with tags so definitely worth the $7 I paid for the $89.99 RRP! It was marked as 'Sahara Red' but it's the perfect bold mix of red and orange and I'm excited to wear it again when the weather is warmer. I layered it up with a bright cobalt leather jacket for warmth, and then this also thrifted grey tunic tee for a nice neutral. I skipped the scarf as I felt warm enough with the jacket and long maxi skirt. I was working from home, with a little break for the school run and taking the pups to the vet.

Will definitely have to try this skirt with more blue again next time I wear it, I loved how the leather jacket popped against the bright skirt.


Last worn: cobalt leather jacket, grey tunic tee, terrazzo necklace, white Converse, Mimco Mim-Mazing crossbody bag. First time I've worn the maxi skirt as it's a recent opshop find.

Other ways to wearcobalt leather jacket worn 30 ways, grey tunic tee and denim, white Converse and jeans, Mimco Mim-Mazing crossbody bag and blazer.





What I wore:






Jacket: Jeanswest navy suede moto zip jacket
ScarfMarc by Marc Jacobs bright blue stole
Dressthrifted no label blue checked smock sundress
ShoesAsos Cleo leather boots in tan
BagRebecca Minkoff 2012 sky grey mini MAC bag


Why I wore it:

Unlike the outfit above, I didn't enjoy this one as much. It looks nice, just wasn't very practical! This thin sundress needed a slip underneath, as well as fleece lined leggings, tall boots, my suede moto jacket and the big cobalt blanket scarf to make it cosy enough for the morning school run. It was certainly comfortable enough for working from home after too, before the school pick up in the afternoon.

However despite having the slip underneath it kept clinging to the leggings and riding up and I had to keep pulling it down, so frustrating to wear. I know I will enjoy this dress so much more when I can wear it with bare legs when it heats up again. Just not a good piece to try winterising. The much needed suede jacket also covered up the fun statement bell sleeves of the dress, so this will remain a firm warm weather only piece in my wardrobe!


Last worn: navy suede moto jacket, cobalt scarf, tall leather boots, Rebecca Minkoff blue mini MAC. First time I've worn the dress as it was a recent opshop find.

Other ways to wearnavy suede moto jacket and printed jeans, cobalt scarf and grey dresstan boots worn 30 ways, Rebecca Minkoff blue mini MAC and maxi skirt.




Follow Away From the Blue on:
Bloglovin
Twitter : Instagram Youtube : Facebook : LikeToKnow.It 

3 comments:

  1. I already admired your red-orange maxi skirt in a previous post, but it is looking particularly fabulous worn with that cobalt blue leather jacket! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not every summer dress can be winterized, and the worst offenders are the unlined ones! I LOVE your blue leather jacket, Mica, and agree that it looks fabulous with the red skirt - I adore the colour mix in the first outfit!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not used to seeing you in a jacket - I love that blue one! Your first outfit is fabulous, so colourful and zingy. Those unlined dresses worn with tights are so rage-inducing! xxx

    ReplyDelete

Your feedback on my outfits and any constructive criticism is welcomed. I appreciate the time you take to leave a kind comment. Make sure to tick 'Notify me' if you've asked a question so you get an email response :)

Feel free to leave a link to your blog so I can check it out. "Follow me" or "follow for follow" comment spam will not be published.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...