Friday 9 August 2024

Coated Skinny Jeans, Converse and Winter Knits

I picked up these coated denim jeans at the opshop last month to give them a try. And despite worrying at first they looked too much like leggings, I've realised how fun they war to wear! Not sure how they will go in the warmer weather, but for cold winter days they have kept me nice and warm, especially paired with cosy knits like in these outfits.


What I wore:






ScarfAlexander McQueen modal and cashmere skull scarf
Jumper: thrifted Forever 21 wine ribbed knit jumper
Jeans: thrifted Cotton On The High Rise Skinny Jean black coated denim
ShoesConverse Chuck Taylor All Star low in black
Bracelets: the usual
Bag: Mica Bag - Rebecca Minkoff mini MAB side zip tote in pale lilac hand painted by Sheila


Why I wore it:

The first time I wore these jeans I worried they looked too like leggings so I paired them with a long tunic tee. This time around I wore this cosy knit to keep me warm, and tucked it in to the waist to show off the jean zipper details and pockets a little better. I really liked the rich wine colour of the knit with the neutral taupe skull scarf too, and with the black coated jeans and black Converse I felt like adding a little extra colour with this fun hand painted bag.

I really liked this outfit - with the ribbed texture of the knit and the coated denim textures together it looked lovely. Perfect for the school run, a quick visit to a friend, and then working from home before school pick up in the afternoon.


Last worn: wine jumper, taupe skull scarf, coated denim jeans, black Converse, Rebecca Minkoff hand painted mini MAB tote bag.

Other ways to wearwine jumper and skirt, taupe skull scarf and skirt, coated denim jeans and cardigan, black Converse and maxi skirt, Rebecca Minkoff hand painted mini MAB tote bag and shorts.

Perfect for pregnancyConverse in second trimester.





What I wore:






JacketRebecca Minkoff Ruana poncho
NecklaceHouse of Harlow sunburst necklace in silver and grey
TeeKmart basic purple tee
Jeans: thrifted Cotton On The High Rise Skinny Jean black coated denim
ShoesConverse Chuck Taylor All Star low in black
Bracelets: the usual
BagMIMCO Mim-Mazing crossbody bag in black and light gold


Why I wore it:

It was the perfect weather for this cosy knitted poncho on this day! I again wore my coated denim jeans, just like in the first outfit, I like the coated denim and the added texture of a chunky knit on top. With the black and white knit and the black jeans and again the black Converse, then the black Mimco Mim-Mazing crossbody bag though, this outfit definitely need a little extra colour! It was the perfect excuse to wear the purple tee mum bought for me on our last shopping trip. I love the colour, it is a really rich purple that pops against all of the black.

Really liked wrapping myself up in this cosy knit for the school run, working from home, and then an appointment for my son in the afternoon.


Last worn: Rebecca Minkoff poncho, sunburst necklace, coated jeans (above), black Converse (above), Mimco Mim-Mazing crossbody bag. First time I've worn the purple tee as it's a recent addition to my wardrobe.

Other ways to wearRebecca Minkoff poncho with yellowcoated denim jeans and grey, black Converse and dress, Mimco Mim-Mazing crosbody bag and maxi skirt

Perfect for pregnancyConverse in second trimester.




Follow Away From the Blue on:
Bloglovin
Twitter : Instagram Youtube : Facebook : LikeToKnow.It 

2 comments:

  1. Both looks are fabulous! I especially love that first outfit, with the gorgeous wine coloured sweater and that amazing purse. The colours are just perfection. I hope you have a wonderful weekend <3
    the creation of beauty is art.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cool jeans. You look great!

    ReplyDelete

Your feedback on my outfits and any constructive criticism is welcomed. I appreciate the time you take to leave a kind comment. Make sure to tick 'Notify me' if you've asked a question so you get an email response :)

Feel free to leave a link to your blog so I can check it out. "Follow me" or "follow for follow" comment spam will not be published.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...