Friday 2 August 2024

What I Bought: Recent Wardrobe Updates & How I've Worn It

I don't usually buy a lot in winter - I have plenty of winter pieces in my wardrobe to see me through the few weeks of cold weather we have in Brisbane. But this June and July I bought a few pieces, and felt it was time for an overdue wardrobe update!


What I Added to My Wardrobe Recently:




How I've Worn It:




I was hoping that I would have had some more opportunities to layer up the summer dress and maxi skirt I bought recently, but it has been very cold in Brisbane, so one wear each is all I have achieved. I set myself a goal of wearing everything I buy twice in the month that I buy it, but definitely wasn't able to achieve that with the very summery things I bought. I know I will get a lot of wear from the sandals when the warmer weather arrives, but I'm sticking to boots and sneakers for the immediate future!

I went out on an early Christmas shopping trip with my mum and sister but my mum let me take everything she bought me home early, so I was happy to add this beautiful denim maxi dress and the cute purple tee to my wardrobe. I am always looking for more basic colourful tees, this purple one will work so well with everything else in my wardrobe.

Looking forward to warmer weather to rewear my summery opshop finds, and to get the sandals out!




The bag is easily my most worn piece as I bought back in June but never got around to sharing the purchase on the blog then. It was one of those "special little treat" impulse purchases that I love. I'd been admiring my sisters bag for a while, then a MIMCO sale, some expiring credit card rewards and a very illness-filled winter had me adding it to cart to cheer myself up. I love it! I like that the Mimco brand uses leather from tanneries that are part of the Leather Working Group so it's a bit more sustainable than other brands I've bought bags from before. (Although preloved will always be the most sustainable way to get leather!)


Follow Away From the Blue on:
Bloglovin
Twitter : Instagram Youtube : Facebook : LikeToKnow.It 

2 comments:

  1. How fantastic is that MIMCO bag? It looks like a beautiful and versatile piece. I also really love that purple Kmart shirt. The colour is gorgeous on you! I hope you have a great weekend <3
    the creation of beauty is art.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those were great buys (and gifts!) Mica. I particularly love the denim midi dress and the orange maxi skirt! xxx

    ReplyDelete

Your feedback on my outfits and any constructive criticism is welcomed. I appreciate the time you take to leave a kind comment. Make sure to tick 'Notify me' if you've asked a question so you get an email response :)

Feel free to leave a link to your blog so I can check it out. "Follow me" or "follow for follow" comment spam will not be published.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...