Friday 24 November 2023

Printed Maxi Dresses And Suede Maxi Edie Bag

Last time I wore these two printed maxi dresses, I shared them together in a post, and I'm doing that again today! Despite both being very different prints and colours, I thrifted them both for just $1 each and find myself reaching for them so much now with the warmer spring weather in Brisbane.

Both dresses I accessorised with my Rebecca Minkoff suede Maxi Edie bag, which is a nice neutral.


What I wore:





Necklace: Lovisa gold filigree heart pendant
Dress: thrifted JayJays white maxi dress
Shoesblack slim Havaianas thongs
Bracelets: the usual
BagRebecca Minkoff quilted maxi Edie crossbody in Porcini brown suede


Why I wore it:

A simple dress outfit for a hot day working from home. I had to take a little break in the afternoon to see my son get an award at school. This Rebecca Minkoff maxi Edie bag was the perfect accessory as it has plenty of room for all of my essentials and I could fit my camera in there too for photos at the ceremony.

I decided to wear it just with the big chunky chain strap, and not use the crossbody strap (which is removable). I liked the way it looked but I think maybe I shouldn't have worn a rose gold necklace with this as the two different gold tones don't really compliment each other well with the necklace and bag. I did like them both separately though, just another necklace might have looked better worn all together.


Last worn: floral print maxi dress, rose gold heart necklace, Havaianas, Rebecca Minkoff suede maxi Edie.

Other ways to wearfloral print maxi dress with peach accessories, Rebecca Minkoff suede maxi Edie and stripes.






What I wore:




Jacket: Jeanswest Kitty denim biker jacket
Necklace: Kmart blue multi-colour beaded necklace
Dress: thrifted colourful geometric print maxi dress
ShoesConverse Chuck Taylor All Star coast blue
BagRebecca Minkoff quilted maxi Edie crossbody in Porcini brown suede


Why I wore it:

Layered up this printed maxi dress with a denim jacket for a cooler spring morning - that quickly turned into a very warm day and had me discarding the jacket! I did like the light blue denim wash with the tri colour wooden necklace and the blue Converse, but what had started out as a cool overcast day quickly warmed up and I left the jacket in the car.

I went to the opshop with the kids looking for something for them to wear for an upcoming theme day at school, and to take advantage of the 'fill a bag of books for $3' sale at the opshop. Picked up some very cute clothes for the kids and ended up with two bags full of books for them and for me. A very productive shop!

Also had to run a few errands afterwards and picked up a special treat for lunch on the way home. Again I wore the Rebecca Minkoff suede Edie bag, although I didn't need to carry too much, it just saved me swapping out bags again!

4 comments:

  1. I love that handbag!

    The Reluctant Blogger | thereluctantblogger.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Two gorgeous maxi dresses, Mica, but - surprise! - the second one is my favourite. It looks absolutely fab with the blue necklace and denim biker jacket! Filling a bag of books for $ 3 sounds like a fantastic deal! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the details on you handbag.

    http://www.amysfashionblog.com/blog-home

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love a good maxi in the summertime- it's so easy and breezy to throw on! You look great here, Mica!

    -Ashley
    Le Stylo Rouge

    ReplyDelete

Your feedback on my outfits and any constructive criticism is welcomed. I appreciate the time you take to leave a kind comment. Make sure to tick 'Notify me' if you've asked a question so you get an email response :)

Feel free to leave a link to your blog so I can check it out. "Follow me" or "follow for follow" comment spam will not be published.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...