Monday 30 October 2023

Floral Print Dresses and Yellow Mini 5 Zip Bag | Weekday Wear Link Up

For today's Weekday Wear Link Up, sharing two matchy-matchy outfits I wore recently. Floral print dresses with yellow in the prints, accessorised with my little yellow Rebecca Minkoff mini 5-zip bag.


What I wore:


Rebecca Minkoff yellow mini 5 zip | awayfromtheblue


Necklace: thrifted flat peach statement bead necklace
DressShein navy flower print flowy dress (c/o) 
ShoesConverse Chuck Taylor All Star coast blue
Bracelets: the usual
BagRebecca Minkoff yellow mini 5 zip 


Why I wore it:

This dress is a light viscose so seemed like the perfect choice for a warmer spring day, with the school run and working from home. The swing style wasn't such a good idea with the wind though, I felt I had to hold onto the hem a few times!

We had a playdate after school so the Converse were perfect for running around in the park with the kids as I clutched the hem of my dress in the breeze!

While the yellow of the Rebecca Minkoff mini 5 zip doesn't match the yellow in the print of the dress exactly, and the peach necklace is a different shade from the orange in the print, the shades were close enough that this outfit made my matchy-matchy self happy.


Last worn: navy floral swing dress, peach flat bead necklace, blue Converse, Rebecca Minkoff mini 5-zip bag.

Other ways to wearnavy floral swing dress and leather jacket, blue Converse and jeans, Rebecca Minkoff mini 5-zip bag and skirt.





What I wore:


pink floral dress with Rebecca Minkoff yellow mini 5 zip | awayfromtheblue


Dress: thrifted no label pastel floral print babydoll dress
Shoesslim navy and pink Havaianas
Bracelets: the usual
BagRebecca Minkoff yellow mini 5 zip 


Why I wore it:

Surprisingly it's the first time I've worn this dress with a yellow bag, despite the abundance of yellow in the floral print! I really liked the little yellow mini 5-zip bag with this dress, and I just needed to carry a few essentials with me as we had the big swimming tote filled with a change of clothes and towels. We had a BBQ and pool party at our friends house to make the most of the gorgeous warm weather on the public holiday Monday. The water in the pool was still a bit cold for me, but the kids had a blast swimming for most of the day.

This dress is a nice light viscose like the one above, and worked well as a bikini cover up. I thrifted it for $1 and this is it's 4th wear, so I'm getting great value from it! It dried quickly in the sun too after I got a little drenched from kids cannon-balling into the pool!


Last worn: floral print dress, Havaianas, Rebecca Minkoff mini 5-zip bag (above).

Other ways to wearfloral print dress and blazer, Rebecca Minkoff mini 5-zip bag and shorts.


Weekday Wear Linkup #244


Welcome to the Weekday Wear linkup! A linkup for you to share your weekday outfits - whether that is office wear or stay at home mum wear - if you wore it on a weekday, you can link it up!


Guidelines:
1. Please link to a specific outfit post, not your blog homepage.
2. Link back to this post so others can find the link up.
3. Follow your host Away From The Blue on BloglovinInstagramTwitterFacebook or YouTube.
4. Add up to two posts and be sure to visit and comment on as many other posts as possible to get some weekday outfit inspiration!
Optional: tweet the post you linked up with the hashtag #weekdayWearLinkUp so I can retweet!


Subscribe for The Weekday Wear Linkup reminder emails






Follow Away From the Blue on:
Bloglovin
Twitter : Instagram Youtube : Facebook : LikeToKnow.It 

15 comments:

  1. Both dresses are so pretty and loving the bag to bring out the yellow shades! Thanks for the link up Mica!

    https://www.kathrineeldridge.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the embroidery on that first dress, it's so lovely and really pops against the black background. Good call on the converse for running around after kids. You are having warmer days and we got our first snow, LOL. Enjoy Halloween if you guys celebrate.

    bosbodaciousblog.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
  3. The yellow bag is so pretty with both of these dresses! The idea of chasing kids while holding down the hem of the first dress gave me a good laugh this morning :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Two cute floral dresses to welcome spring! The yellow bag works so well with both. Sounds like the pool party was a fun way to spend a holiday! Thanks for sharing and have a good week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't possibly choose a favourite here, as both dresses are gorgeous. The yellow bag works very well with both of them, even if it doesn't match the yellow in your first dress exactly. I still can't get over the fact that you only paid $ 1 for that babydoll dress! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your yellow bag really works with both outfits in a way that both stands out and coordinates at the same time.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The yellow bag is such a pretty shade - it goes really well with the second dress in a matchy way. In the first outfit, my eye reads primary colours (blue, yellow, red) in pastel shades - not matchy at all, but very cohesive overall.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your pop of yellow with this adorable bag!

    I hope you are having a great week so far!

    Amber

    Visit AvecAmber.com

    Follow Avec Amber on Bloglovin

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like the looks and wouldn't consider them mathcy matchy. I love the blue sneakers with the dress.
    XOXO
    Jodie

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think this little yellow bag is such a wonderful pop of color even if it doesn't match. It goes with both dresses so well! Love them both!

    https://marshainthemiddle.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. Los dos vestidos son muy bonitos, te vez muy guapa, saludos:D

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the dresses and the pop of yellow! Have a great week.
    Gemma x
    www.jacquardflower.uk

    ReplyDelete
  13. Both of these dresses are gorgeous, but I especially love the first one. Wow! What a stunning look! The purse is the perfect addition as well <3
    the creation of beauty is art.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Both dresses are equally beautiful and oh boy, I adore your yellow bag! It’s such a ray of sunshine. I hope your week is going well so far!

    Maureen | www.littlemisscasual.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. The pop of yellow in your outfit is super fun.

    http://www.amysfashionblog.com/blog-home

    ReplyDelete

Your feedback on my outfits and any constructive criticism is welcomed. I appreciate the time you take to leave a kind comment. Make sure to tick 'Notify me' if you've asked a question so you get an email response :)

Feel free to leave a link to your blog so I can check it out. "Follow me" or "follow for follow" comment spam will not be published.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...