Monday 19 July 2021

Printed Maxi Skirts, Yellow Tees and Louis Vuitton Bags | Weekday Wear Link Up

Two colourful printed maxi skirt outfits I wore recently; with yellow tees, sneakers and Louis Vuitton bags.


What I wore:

mustard tee, red maxi skirt and white denim jacket with Louis Vuitton neverfull tote | away from blue

red maxi skirt with Louis Vuitton MM damier azur neverfull | away from the blue



JacketCotton On girlfriend denim jacket in whitehaven
Necklace: Kmart navy and gold beaded tassel necklace
Tee: Big W mustard v-neck tee
Skirtthrifted Billabong 'Don't Think Of It' bikini red printed maxi skirt
ShoesNew Balance Coast women's running shoe in black 
Bracelets: the usual plus Cora purpleheart and mother of pearl watch c/o JORD
BagLouis Vuitton MM damier azur neverfull


Why I wore it:

This was a really fun day! Everything aligned for my family to have the day off for the first day of school holidays, so my mum, sister and I took the kids to Paradise Country for the first time. I'm so glad we planned to do this. Not only because it was a beautiful sunny day and the boys had a great time, but also because we found out after we had left the house that there were some COVID cases in the community (it had spread out of quarantine) and so restrictions were going to be coming in. And the next day there were more cases and a 3 day lockdown was announced, unfortunately ruining the rest of the school holiday plans.

Thankfully though we were worry free as we enjoyed the day out! The kids had a blast, there was so much to do and see there for such a small park. The koala cuddles were of course my favourite bit!

It was so warm too I even considered taking my denim jacket off at one point, but by that point the boys had taken their jackets off and we had bought a few things so my poor Louis Vuitton Neverfull was looking too stuffed for me to consider trying to add my jacket on top of it! I think the white denim jacket was a great topper with this (apart from being a little too warm in the middle of the day). It's not the first time I've worn this red maxi skirt with yellow but it's the first time I've tried so much yellow with it, and with the white denim jacket on top it didn't feel too bold.




What I wore:

blue and yellow outfit with tie dye maxi skirt, speedy bandouliere, yellow tee | awayfromblue

Louis Vuitton Damier Ebene 30 speedy bandouliere with tie dye maxi skirt | awayfromtheblue



JacketWittner 'Santa Fe' cobalt blue leather jacket
Necklace: Jeanswest Taryn turquoise tassel bead necklace
Tee: Jeanswest essential v-neck tee in elfin yellow
Skirt: Jeanswest Farrah blue tie dye maxi skirt 
Shoesthrifted Adidas Superstar sneakers
BagLouis Vuitton Damier Ebene 30 speedy bandouliere


Why I wore it:

Another colourful outfit, this time with a bit more of a subdued yellow tee, and a whole lot of blue! We were still in the 3 day lockdown but the kids had a dentist appointment and of course as they are providing medical care the dentist was still open. It was a really wet day and a little chilly so I pulled out this leather jacket for the first wearing for winter! I like the bright cobalt blue against the blues in the tie dye print on the maxi skirt. Because of the rain I wanted a waterproof bag too, so I chose this little Louis Vuitton damier ebene speedy bandouliere. It's perfect for a wet day, even if lockdown rules meant we were just outside to walk from the carpark to the dentist and back, ha! Thankfully Cooper is not the kind of dog that enjoys walks in the rain so we didn't have to spend lots of time in the rain.

Only downside to this outfit was that it took a while for my leather jacket to dry off when we got home. I was worried the slit on the maxi skirt might make it too cool for a wet day but the jacket on top kept me cosy, and it was very warm in the dentist!


Last worn: cobalt leather jacket, turquoise tassel necklace, pastel yellow tee, tie dye maxi skirt, Adidas Superstar, Louis Vuitton speedy bandouliere.

Other ways to wearcobalt leather jacket and shift dress, pastel yellow tee and shorts, tie dye maxi skirt in monochrome outfit, Adidas Superstar and dress, Louis Vuitton speedy bandouliere and pencil skirt.

Perfect for pregnancyLouis Vuitton speedy bandouliere in third trimester.



How You Can Wear It:

With a colourful printed maxi skirt, a bright block colour tee is a good pairing. If you're worried the combination is too bold, a neutral topper like a denim jacket can tone the brightness down a little. Or you can dial up the colour and pick a colourful jacket like I have in the second outfit to tie in with the print on the skirt.



Weekday Wear Linkup #128


Welcome to the Weekday Wear linkup! A linkup for you to share your weekday outfits - whether that is office wear or stay at home mum wear - if you wore it on a weekday, you can link it up!


Guidelines:
1. Please link to a specific outfit post, not your blog homepage.
2. Link back to this post so others can find the link up.
3. Follow your host Away From The Blue on BloglovinInstagramTwitterFacebook or YouTube.
4. Add up to two posts and be sure to visit and comment on as many other posts as possible to get some weekday outfit inspiration!
Optional: tweet the post you linked up with the hashtag #weekdayWearLinkUp so I can retweet!


Subscribe for The Weekday Wear Linkup reminder emails





Follow Away From the Blue on:
Bloglovin
Twitter : Instagram Youtube : Facebook : LikeToKnow.It 

87 comments:

  1. Glad you all got out for some fun before lock down started again, what a bummer when it's holiday. Love the shade of blue in that moto jacket - it's pretty on you.
    Hope you have a great week and thanks for the link up!
    xo,
    Kellyann

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it's frustrating when it ruins school holiday plans but I'm so glad we got some fun days in there!

      Delete
  2. You look so pretty in both outfits, dear Mica. The two beautiful maxi skirts look great on you and I really like the way you have combined them. The two yellow shirts go perfectly with the skirts and I envy you the white denim jacket. Thanks for the nice suggestion. I should finally try to wear maxi skirts as well.
    I wish you a wonderful week!
    Love, Nadine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You would look great in a maxi skirt Nadine!

      Delete
  3. These are both really great outfits, Mica. I love your blue tie dye skirt! And the first outfit has the most amazing colors! So vibrant and cheerful. I am glad that you were able to get some fun time in before you went into another lockdown. And I am so sorry to hear that you are having an increase in cases that is forcing another lockdown for you.

    Shelbee
    www.shelbeeontheedge.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes always so scary to see cases - it got up to 6 cases one day! But back down to 0 now quickly after the 3 day lockdown.

      Delete
  4. I love maxi skirt Mica and both looks are so beautiful. Have a great day!
    https://chicchedimamma.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love both of these looks! I adore the color palette of the second one. So sorry your plans got ruined by Covid. Thanks for the the link up!

    https://www.kathrineeldridge.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm glad you were able to get out and enjoy the day with your kids before your lockdown started again. Love both of these colorful outfits! Thank you for the linkup!

    Jill - Doused in Pink

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such great maxi skirt looks. I really love the first outfit. Such pretty colors.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Both of these outfits are absolutely fabulous! I can’t choose a favorite.

    Michelle
    https://mybijoulifeonline.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Both looks are so beautiful! I love that white denim jacket and both purses. They are so glam! I'm sorry to hear about the 3 day lockdown. That must be so frustrating to deal with. Sending you lots of love <3
    the creation of beauty is art.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks - it is frustrating but at least the lockdowns are short!

      Delete
  10. I love to wear maxi skirts/ dresses in summer :D i hope you've had great weekend <3

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your handbag collection is very nice. And you have a sweet voice on the video. I love yellow in the Summertime, and your yellow and orange outfit looks cute on you. I like your jean outfit too. It looks a bit Bohemian, which I love.

    Have a wonderful week, and thank you for stopping by and visiting.
    : )

    ~Sheri

    ReplyDelete
  12. Glad you had some fun! I really like that first outfit of yours: I am looking forward to wearing my white denim jacket!
    www.chezmireillefashiontravelmom.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm enjoying how versatile it's been! I'm sure it will get a lot more wear next summer too!

      Delete
  13. The first look is very summery, joyful. Almost like you have the save season as here. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  14. The white denim jacket does a great job of toning down the mustard while picking up the print in the skirt, and of course I always love your yellow and blue outfits!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love both of these outfits! Your red print maxi and yellow top make such a lovely, warm color combination on you. Glad you and your family got out for some fun before lockdown, again. Covid cases have risen thought out the US, so we are using extra caution. Thanks for sharing and the link up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope your cases go back down to 0 again soon! It's 0 again here, has been for a couple days :)

      Delete
  16. Two wonderful outfits, Mica. I especially love that blue tie dye skirt paired with the pretty yellow top!
    Ellie
    Ellibelle's Corner

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love your LV bags. I have always wanted one. And I am all about maxi skirts. Especially for work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are definitely worth the investment I think!

      Delete
  18. I love both of these looks, Mica. The white denim jacket is a perfect topper and I love your blue moto jacket. Great outfits. Sorry to hear you were in lockdown again. Numbers here are starting to creep back up, but people are glad for the reprieve from masks. I am glad we had it, even if down the road, we will probably have to mask up again. Hope you are well. - Amy
    https://stylingrannymama.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It must be hard having to have to wear masks for so long as you have so many cases - here we are back down to 0 cases which is good!

      Delete
  19. Yes, the yellow top did work with the red skirt. It looks comfortable.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I'm still unpacking so any of my outfits are haphazard, I'm sure Ill get into the swing of things, you look so lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  21. H Mica
    You know I love tie dye effect and it's so trendy this season! Both looks are great! Sorry to ear that the restrictions are back!
    Have a great week!

    marisasclosetblog.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad the restrictions are lifted again now - they never stay around too long!

      Delete
  22. So fun that you all had day off together! So important! Love this colour pallette with the orange! Have a great week xx

    ReplyDelete
  23. Beautiful looks! Sorry to hear cases are rising again, and plans were ruined. Hoping things get much better soon <3

    Green Fashionista

    ReplyDelete
  24. I just love both of these outfits, Mica! I love that you're pushing yourself to go brighter and bolder - it's working so well!

    The first outfit is my fave - that bright yellow and red, plus the white jean jacket, it's all so perfect. I do love the second outfit too - that leather jacket has me wanting to grab it right off the screen! You look lovely in those blue shades, and the more subtle yellow works really well with the maxi skirt.

    Thanks so much for the link party!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sheila! I am so glad I gave this a try as I ended up really loving it! :) Thanks for linking!

      Delete
  25. Love the maxi skirt!
    Nina
    http://www.stylingwithnina.com/2021/07/travel-diary-philly-2021.html

    ReplyDelete
  26. You look great.. both such great colorful outfits.
    It's nice that you can still enjoy being outside.

    ReplyDelete
  27. I love those longs skirts :-D

    ReplyDelete
  28. I love the bright orange and yellow paired together in you first outfit! It's so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  29. The colorful outfits are my favorite like this Mica!! Especially the first one.
    OOXX
    Jodie
    www.jtouchofstyle.com

    ReplyDelete
  30. Fabulous use of color, which brings interest to your looks. Sorry to hear that your area is under lockdown again; cases are rising in the US as well. Take care.

    Rena
    www.finewhateverblog.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope you can get your cases back down to 0 again soon! It's 0 here in Brisbane again.

      Delete
  31. Both looks are fun and colorful as usual! And the LV Speedy was a great choice and glad you got out before lockdown. Ugh that sucks there is another one. I am so fed up with the people who are not getting vaccinated.

    Allie of
    www.allienyc.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish we could get vaccinated here! No luck if you are under 40 getting vaccinated in Queensland - we are only allowed one vaccine and there isn't enough stock of it! So hoping I can get vaccinated before the end of the year (that's what they have been promising...)

      Delete
  32. I love both of those bags - they're cute but a really practical size too! x

    mia // https://beautiful-inspiring-creative-life.com/

    ReplyDelete
  33. Me gusta la falda azul, lindo loos te mando un beso

    ReplyDelete
  34. Both of your outfits are so good, Mica! My favorite is the second look, I just love the bright blue hues. I hope this lockdown doesn't last too much longer for you.

    I hope you are having a great week so far!

    Amber

    Visit AvecAmber.com

    Follow Avec Amber on Bloglovin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks - it was just a 3 day lockdown, didn't last long at all!

      Delete
  35. Sorry to hear you're experiencing Covid outbreaks. California is too, because of all the ding-dongs who won't get vaccinated, grr! Cute tie-dye skirt though. Stay well!
    Cheryl Shops | www.cherylshops.net

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it will happen here for a while until people stop working while sick, haha! Hoping that we can somehow all get vaccines soon, government says we might get them at the end of the year - it's very frustrating, there will be lockdowns until we have been able to get the vaccine.

      Delete
  36. The yellow shirts add lovely punch of colour, looks gorgeous against your blue outfit, Mica. Have a great week.
    lookingfabulousat50.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  37. I like so much both of this outfits- Maxi skirts are so cool in my opinion. I am sorry that cause of Covid you had to change little bit your plans. Btw I wish to cuddle koala one day - it must be awesome experience xx

    ReplyDelete
  38. Love these skirts! Also love that you include why you wore the outfit - fun to have that insight. :) Have a great week! xo

    ReplyDelete
  39. I like both outfits but I think my fave is the blue/yellow combo - you know I'm a huge fan of maxi skirts, they're so versatile! x

    ReplyDelete
  40. Always very beautiful <3

    https://www.heyimwiththeband.com.br/

    ReplyDelete
  41. Love both of these outfit. That suck you had a 3 day lockdown again.

    http://www.amysfashionblog.com/blog-home

    ReplyDelete
  42. Both of your outfits are very very nice, Mica!
    I especially like how you've combined colors, in very stylish and unique way!
    I'm so fed up of this Covid!!!! Can't wait for the end of this stupid virus!
    XO
    S
    https://s-fashion-avenue.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  43. They're both great! I think the first is my favorite. I love cozy Fall colors.

    Alexandra
    OnRockwoodLane.com

    ReplyDelete
  44. All beautiful things, a denim jacket is great.

    ReplyDelete
  45. I'm sorry to hear you've had to face yet another lockdown, Mica, but how fortunate that you were able to arrange that fun family in the nick of time. I'm loving both your outfits, but my favourite is the more colourful first one. I'm loving that strong yellow worn with that delightful maxi skirt! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I'm so glad we had that day, we were so lucky!

      Delete
  46. I like that blue outfit! It's my favorite color! Have a nice evening!

    ReplyDelete
  47. Nice outfits:) greetings from Turkey...

    ReplyDelete
  48. Love that Neverfull! I've had my eye on this style for ages!

    -Ashley
    Le Stylo Rouge

    ReplyDelete
  49. Super beautiful color combination in both looks. I love the blue and the vivid orange. You look amazing!
    Hope you're having a great week Mica!

    www.fashionradi.com

    ReplyDelete
  50. Oh, I just love the red maxi skirt paired with the yellow. So perfect for either summer or fall. I love those deep rich colors on you!

    Shauna

    www.lipglossandlace.net

    ReplyDelete
  51. Loving the outfits and your LV collection! I am itching to start using my keep all once again!

    -Didier
    www.didieryhc.com

    ReplyDelete
  52. Me encanto el primer outfit, la falda roja se ve muy bien con el top naranja, saludos:D

    ReplyDelete
  53. Both of these looks are lovely, Mica.

    So sorry Covid ruined your plans.

    ReplyDelete
  54. Great outfits. I like both of these yellow shirts. They look great paired with maxis. I particularly like the combination of blue and yellow in the second post. That LV bag is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  55. You look amazing my dear!

    ReplyDelete
  56. Such pretty looks, Mica! I am loving all of the blue (my favorite color) in your second look! :)

    I hope all is well with you, my friend, and hope you have a fantastic remainder of your week!

    Make Life Marvelous

    ReplyDelete
  57. This is such an amazing post! I like how you styled all of these looks, love the bags too! Hope you're doing great Mica! xx


    Naya
    www.nayatilly.com

    ReplyDelete
  58. You have a fantastic bag collection! I really like all of them:)
    HAPPY WEEK
    xoxo
    https://stylishpatterns.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  59. I am sorry to hear about the lockdown but I feel like it's probably going to come back for everyone. Seems like the masks are getting put back in place and we are also hearing more cases. Anyway, I guess we will just have to see and wait. I love both outfits as they are both really good looks for getting out and running errands. I do got the fall feeling with your red and yellow look. I can't believe it's about that time again for us. You also reminded me that I need a white denim jacket. It seems so versatile and I want to give it a go!

    Maureen | www.littlemisscasual.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope things get better for you! While we are still wearing masks 3 weeks later we are back to 0 cases with few other restrictions so it's good to have things back to normal!

      Delete
  60. Gosh, the Paradise Country experience sounds like fun. I need to remember to break out my maxis for days and adventures like that. Want to go to the harvest wine fest and that is always a great place for a maxi. Love how the prints in your skirts kind of mimic the pattern in your bags. Very cute looks!!

    ReplyDelete
  61. Lindas faldas me gusta la azul Te mandoun beso

    ReplyDelete
  62. Thanks all for your kind comments, and for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  63. The white denim jacket is amazing. I have a similar one on blue, but yours look so much better on white. Hmmm.... I should buy a white one too.

    ReplyDelete

Your feedback on my outfits and any constructive criticism is welcomed. I appreciate the time you take to leave a kind comment. Make sure to tick 'Notify me' if you've asked a question so you get an email response :)

Feel free to leave a link to your blog so I can check it out. "Follow me" or "follow for follow" comment spam will not be published.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...