Friday 17 January 2020

Yellow Tees and Navy Floral Kimonos With Balenciaga First Bag

Blue and yellow is a colour combination I really like to wear, so I decided to wear both of these navy floral kimonos with a yellow tee and shorts. A simple yet colourful summer outfit!

What I wore:


Jeanswest Melanie floral kimono and essential v neck tee in elfin yellow olive pull on shorts | awayfromblue

olive shorts and Balenciaga first bag in 2006 Blue India | awayfromtheblue

awayfromtheblue Instagram | jeanswest melanie floral kimono with yellow tee and olive embroidered shorts balenciaga first bag
JacketJeanswest Melanie floral kimono (new purchase)
Necklace: navy and silver circle pendant tassel necklace
TeeJeanswest essential v-neck tee in elfin yellow (new purchase)
ShortsJeanswest Tessa olive embroidered shorts
Shoesslim navy and pink Havaianas
Bag: Balenciaga first bag in 2006 Blue India

Why I wore it:

I picked up the yellow tee and the floral kimono in the Jeanswest buy one get one free sale after Christmas. I was eager to use a gift card I got for Christmas, and since the $80 kimono was reduced to $39.99 I paid for that and got the $30 tee for free! Pretty good deal. The two pieces also go so nicely together I knew I had to wear them together for the first wear!

The navy tassel necklace matched the base of the floral kimono perfectly, and I thought the Balenciaga first bag complimented the colours in the kimono well too. The olive shorts were a comfortable choice and an attempt to introduce even more colour. I really liked this outfit! I've had mixed success in the past with a slouchy tee along with these loose soft shorts, but I think the long line of the duster kimono made this really work.

Nice and colourful outfit for a day spent with my sister checking out a few stores and spending more Christmas gift cards! We picked up some cute Christmas decorations for next year too, and I bought another kimono at Jeanswest.... 😂


Last worn: navy tassel necklace, olive soft shorts, Havaianas. First time I've worn the bag as it was a Christmas present and first time I've worn the yellow tee and floral kimono as they are recent purchases.

Other ways to wearolive soft shorts and stripes.



My Balenciaga Bag Christmas Present:







What I wore:

navy floral cocoon kimono with white bermuda shorts mustard tee balenciaga first bag | away from blue

navy and mustard with Balenciaga first bag in 2006 Blue India | away from the blue

JacketCotton On 'Gemma' cocoon kimono in Laos blossom navy print
NecklaceJeanswest Taryn turquoise tassel bead necklace
Tee: Big W mustard v-neck tee
Shorts: thrifted Emerson white Bermuda denim shorts
Shoesslim navy and pink Havaianas
Bag: Balenciaga first bag in 2006 Blue India

Why I wore it:

I didn't like this outfit as much as the one above. It's not the first time I've worn yellow with this navy floral kimono, I really liked the combination when I tried it in the past but I wasn't entirely convinced this time. I was going to wear blue denim shorts but changed my mind to these white shorts at the last moment to match the white in the floral print of the kimono. After looking at the photos though I think that blue denim might have been better.

Even the matchy-matchy with the Balenciaga first bag and the turquoise tassel necklace, which I did like, I wasn't 100% happy with this outfit looking at the pics. I don't hate it, it just doesn't look as good as the one above I don't think! Was comfortable for a morning running errands and having friends over in the afternoon though.


Last worn: floral cocoon kimono, turquoise tassel necklace, mustard yellow tee, white Bermuda denim shorts, Havaianas (above), Balenciaga first bag (above).

Other ways to wearfloral cocoon kimono and purple jeans, mustard yellow tee and maxi skirt, white Bermuda denim shorts with black and white, Balenciaga first bag.

Perfect for pregnancyfloral cocoon kimono in third trimester.



Yellow Tees Under $50:





How You Can Wear It:

Yellow tees are so fun and cheerful to wear! You can match them to something else you're wearing like I have in the first outfit, with the pastel yellow tee matching the floral print in the kimono, or you can contrast it like the navy florals and the mustard tee in the second outfit.


Linking up with Monday Runway, On Mondays We Link Up.


Follow Away From the Blue on:
Bloglovin
Twitter : Instagram Youtube : Facebook : LikeToKnow.It 

47 comments:

  1. I adore a kimono! One you wear looks great and I love how you paired it with shorts too. Have a wonderful day dear xx

    Naya
    www.nayatilly.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this look on you gal! Nice styling <3 Wonderful Post! Have a great day!
    Allurerage
    Rampdiary

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both of these outfits are so cute! I love the shade of yellow of the first top, it's so pretty xx

    Hannah | luxuryblush

    ReplyDelete
  4. I do love complimentary colors! And the color of your Balenciaga, soooo pretty
    https://www.closet-fashionista.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. You're really mastering the kimonos fashion, Mica!^^
    Both the outfits look very cute and fresh; my fav is the 1st, but just because the color combo is really perfect there!
    Have a nice week end!
    XO
    S
    https://s-fashion-avenue.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. This kimono is so beautiful, perfect match for the purse, and that colour is amazing <3

    LackaDaisy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Blue and yellow is such a great colour combination and I can definitely see why you love it so much! Both looks have a really effortless elegance to them. You look so stylish, polished, and happy. I hope you have a fabulous weekend!
    the creation of beauty is art.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You're the Queen of Kimonos, Mica, and I'm loving both of them in equal measure. Still, my favourite outfit is the second one, as the mustard tee and turquoise tasseled necklace provide such a nice contrast to the navy kimono! Wishing you a most wonderful weekend xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, it's the high contrast I wasn't so sure about! I do love my kimonos :)

      Delete
  9. Looking so gorgeous and comfy! Enjoy your weekend.

    www.infinitelyposh.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. I especially like that first outfit - all the colors are so summery and pretty! The bag is perfect!
    Hope you have a fun and happy weekend!
    xo,
    Kellyann

    ReplyDelete
  11. You are working that bag! you look great.

    Seyi x

    www.seyioa.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. I don't know why but am so obsessed with kimonos this season. Love your outfits


    Have a nice day
    Kinza Khushboo
    Blog
    Glamorous without the Guilt
    Bloglovin | Glamorous without the Guilt

    ReplyDelete
  13. I really like both outfits but then again, yellow is my favorite color. It's the fun contrast that I think is fabulous.
    XOXO
    Jodie

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love the pretty colors in both your outfits, but I also agree that I love the first one more too. I just adore the print of that kimono! You have such a great collection.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do have quite a few kimonos now, haha! :)

      Delete
  15. I love that shade of yellow. It looks good on you. Hope to see you on my Fancy Friday link up party.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I also like the combination of yellow and blue. The combination of a yellow tee and green shorts in the first look is very pretty too. I also like the touches of blue with the tassel necklace, a bag and a kimono. The second look with bermuda shorts, a kimono and a light blue tassel necklace is very stylish too. Lovely outfits. You look fresh and pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I do like both of the looks but I love the first one. All three of the colors are perfect together and I'm loving that kimono. The second one is pretty but doesn't have quite the punch of the first one. I do love the white bermudas with that tee shirt. And the kimono is beautiful. Maybe a lighter-colored kimono with that set or maybe denim bermudas. It's a good look, anyway, and it looks great on you. And I love your tassel necklaces - I really need to find one!

    Ruth
    https://voguefauxreal.com/2020/01/16

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I think classic blue denim with that, or a different kimono! It was fun to try though :)

      Delete
  18. You always look so cute in kimonos.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Świetna stylizacja zwłaszcza torebka :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. This was a great present to have received at Christmas; the petrol blue colour is so unusual and special. I've no doubt you'll have great fun styling that accessory over the year! :) Hope you're having a good weekend so far!

    Gabrielle | A Glass Of Ice x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it has been on frequent repeat, such a great bag! :)

      Delete
  21. You look so cute and charmy <3<3 :**

    ReplyDelete
  22. I love that you make all of your outfits look rich without spending bank. Your Balenciaga bag is super cute! It goes well with the kimono. I hope to wear them soon when the weather warms up again, hehe. I love the pairing with the necklace. Have a great weekend!

    Nancy ♥ exquisitely.me

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are so good for the warmer weather! :)

      Delete
  23. Hi, I follow you on gfc #660 , follow back?

    https://lovefashionyes.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  24. Oh wow what a fun pop of colour for a bag! I'd love to own one, one day! xx

    GemmaEtc.com

    ReplyDelete
  25. You such do know how to style a kimono. I hope you have an awesome weekend.

    http://www.amysfashionblog.com/blog-home

    ReplyDelete
  26. You scored some great deals! I love you in a kimono, and I especially like that second kimono! Very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hehe I'm glad as I have been wearing my kimonos a LOT recently! :)

      Delete
  27. I love your colorful looks Mica, I wish it was summer here, looking forward to warmer days so I can wear my floral items again!! x

    Yiota
    https://pinkdaisyloves.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  28. BOGO sales are the best. You did so well with the kimono and free tee. That first outfit is great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes I'm really pleased with the sale, I got a great deal on those! :)

      Delete
  29. Just love this look! Floral print is one of my fav ones and this bag is amazing.
    Kisses,
    E.
    https://www.withcapitale.com/2020/01/every-princess-needs-crew_17.html
    https://www.instagram.com/withcapitaleofficial/

    ReplyDelete
  30. I hope you have enjoyed your weekend. Have a great day ahead!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Both of these kimonos are beautiful.
    Floral print is one of my favorites ones.
    Kisses!

    galerafashion.com

    ReplyDelete
  32. Cute outfit! Please send some of that warm air over here :)

    https://www.comfycozyup.com

    ReplyDelete
  33. Love this! Such a cute combo on you dear.

    Jessica | notjessfashion.com

    ReplyDelete
  34. Love the kimonos! Both prints are so pretty

    michellespaige.com

    ReplyDelete
  35. Thanks all for your lovely comments :)

    ReplyDelete

Your feedback on my outfits and any constructive criticism is welcomed. I appreciate the time you take to leave a kind comment. Make sure to tick 'Notify me' if you've asked a question so you get an email response :)

Feel free to leave a link to your blog so I can check it out. "Follow me" or "follow for follow" comment spam will not be published.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...