Friday 14 June 2019

Edinburgh: Leather Jacket, Skinny Jeans and Converse Outfit Formula

I kept with my habit of getting dressed following easily repeatable outfit formulas while we were on our trip, it worked well with my travel wardrobe. Below I'm wearing the same bag, shoes, skinny jeans, leather jacket and a scarf, but the different tops and colourful jeans I've worn with each outfit make them look rather different.

What I wore:

leather jacket, wrap top, burberry scarf, grey skinny jeans, converse. Edinburgh castle shopping outfit | awayfromblue

awayfromblue Instagram | leather jacket grey skinny jeans Louis Vuitton speedy bandouliere burberry scarf

awayfromtheblue Instagram | top of Arthur Seat outfit grey skinny jeans black leather jacket pink tourist hoodie converse
JacketJeanswest black leather moto jacket
ScarfBurberry cashmere tartan scarf
TopDorothy Perkins 3/4 sleeve wrap top
JeansJeanswest Cecile dove grey skinny jeans
ShoesConverse Chuck Taylor All Star low in black
BagLouis Vuitton Damier Ebene 30 speedy bandouliere

Why I wore it:

We went for a walk along Princess street on a rather wet day, and I hadn't yet found a place to take my outfit photo. I was so happy when we found this spot, with a beautiful view of the castle. Even though it was raining I braved the rain to get some pics before we ran undercover again. Such a wonderful view of Edinburgh castle!

We had lunch in Edinburgh after having a little browse in some stores - and a bit of shopping in Primark (we don't have it in Australia, it's kinda like Kmart!).

Afterwards I layered up a little bit more with my souvenir hoodie under my leather jacket to provide some cover from the rain and we hiked up Arthur Seat. It turned into a really clear day and we got great views, as well as surprising a few people at the summit who couldn't believe that the boys were walking up themselves.


Last worn: leather jacket, Burberry scarf, blue wrap top, grey skinny jeans, Converse, Louis Vuitton speedy bandouliere.

Other ways to wearleather jacket and grey dress, Burberry scarf and striped tee, blue wrap top and maxi skirt, grey skinny jeans in monochrome outfit, Converse and maxi skirt, Louis Vuitton speedy bandouliere for international flight.

Perfect for pregnancyBurberry scarf in third trimesterConverse in third trimesterLouis Vuitton speedy bandouliere in second trimester.


What I Packed: Hand Luggage For An International Flight







What I wore:

awayfromtheblue Instagram | top of Arthur Seat outfit grey skinny jeans black leather jacket pink tourist hoodie converse
JacketJeanswest black leather moto jacket
Scarf:  Louis Vuitton monogram shawl in bleu
Tee: Primark Edinburgh white graphic tee (new purchase)
JeansJeanswest Vicki skinny pant in moss green
ShoesConverse Chuck Taylor All Star low in black
BagLouis Vuitton Damier Ebene 30 speedy bandouliere

Why I wore it:

While I have a couple more outfits to share from our time in Scotland, this is what I wore for our trip home! The Edinburgh graphic tee I'd picked up in Primark a few days before, along with my comfy olive skinny jeans and Converse.

I wanted one last pic with this wonderful view before we left, although once again I've covered up the castle! 😂 At least you can see it on my tee!

This was a really comfortable outfit for the long trip home. The boys slept a lot more on the planes, with us departing from Heathrow in the evening, and then another evening flight from Singapore to Brisbane. We kinda lost a day in the middle of the travel with the time zone changes! Surprisingly I managed to keep this white tee mostly clean, and the marks it did get on it came out easily in the wash. For just $5 (£2.50) I was impressed with the quality.


Last worn: motor leather jacket (above), Louis Vuitton scarfolive skinny jeans, Converse (above), Louis Vuitton speedy bandouliere (above). First time I've worn the graphic tee.

Other ways to wearmoto leather jacket and dressLouis Vuitton scarf for a weddingolive skinny jeans and printed scarf, Converse and pencil skirt, Louis Vuitton speedy bandouliere and shorts.

Perfect for pregnancyConverse in second trimester, Louis Vuitton speedy bandouliere in third trimester.



Skinny Jeans Under $50:





How You Can Wear It:

Outfit formulas make dressing so easy, especially for a busy mum! Make a few small changes to your outfit - maybe different accessories, a different colour of jeans, and a different top, for something that feels completely new even if it's entirely inspired by what you wore the day before!


Linking up with Sunday Reflections, On Mondays We Link Up, Mutton Style.



Follow Away From the Blue on:
Bloglovin
Twitter : Instagram Youtube : Facebook : LikeToKnow.It 

40 comments:

  1. I so agree that outfit formulas are the way to go, Mica! Both of these outfits look stylish and comfy, which is a definite must when travelling! I was impressed with your travel capsule wardrobe, Mica! Your choices were great and each piece complemented each other nicely. I must try and plan better when I travel next,because I always pack way too many things that don't end up complementing each other! ;) Hope you have a wonderful weekend, Mica! XXX

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sasha! I think I could have packed less, but everything did work so well together!

      Delete
  2. You are a stylish jetsetter Mica! Have a wonderful weekend!
    xo,
    Kellyann

    ReplyDelete
  3. I so love the leather jacket and skinny jeans combo. Looking great, and so jealous you can wear white during travel:D Wearing the Converse is so perfect with this as well, as you need comfy shoes for sure for travel.
    PS I need that travel wallet you have. And the ginger lollies are such a great idea. I probably need that for me more than the kiddos:D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha yes I was pleased the kids took after their dad and could fly without needing them!

      Delete
  4. You really find finally the perfect spots for pictures! I like how you layered your pieces - layering is really a must in Europe :)
    xx from Bavaria/Germany, Rena
    www.dressedwithsoul.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. You're so good at mixmatching everything!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this outfit formula! Great looks all around!

    www.jessicabroyles.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this outfit formula! Great looks all around!

    www.jessicabroyles.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi MIca
    Yes it's a long trip home!! So many hours on plane gosh!!!
    I see you are in the mood of Edimburg with that tee.
    Didn't you missed the sun?
    xoxo

    marisasclosetblog.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I certainly missed the sun and warmer weather! I was glad the 26 hours of flying was over too, ha!

      Delete
  9. Perfect outfit for Edinburgh! I do love that Burberry scarf and hot LV bag!

    Your Average Guy Style

    ReplyDelete
  10. Accessories and jackets are really a great way to get more out of your travel wardrobe. I usually try to pick just 2 or maybe 3 shoes for a whole trip and match everything to them
    https://www.closet-fashionista.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the photos! Did you cut your hair? It looks nice! Sorry, I haven't been blogging in a while, i've been quite busy.
    Anyway, I really like that bag! And I love the pop of blue in the second outfit.

    A Shimmer, A Shadow

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I donated it! Link in my sidebar :)

      Delete
  12. Your blue scarf looks gorgeous on you Mica, very vibrant and suits you so wonderfully. Really do like your styling here you always look unique, beautiful, chic yet casual.

    Laura xo
    www.shehearts.net

    ReplyDelete
  13. Arthur seat is no joke. That was a huge hike. Plus when I did it. It was super windy.

    http://www.amysfashionblog.com/blog-home

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The boys coped with it really well! :)

      Delete
  14. I think you look great in all the outfits. You're right that outfit formulas making getting ready very easy and sometimes one just doesn't have that much time to think.

    I hope you have a great weekend!

    Kathrin | Polar Bear Style

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oooh I didn't realise you were so close to me! (Kinda, heh!) Edinburgh is a gorgeous city, hope you're having a fab time! It's quite funny to see you in similar type of clothes to what I wear in England! Hope you enjoyed your Primark experience! ;-)

    Musings & More

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was definitely interesting! I think the closest thing we have is Kmart?

      Delete
  16. Love that photo of you at Arthur Seat. What a view! Plus, I love that pop of pink provided by your hoodie! Hope you're having a wonderful weekend, Mica! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Estupenda tu entrada! Espero verte pronto por mi blog! Feliz fin de semana precios@! ♥️♥️♥️

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love the look of jeans, a tee and a cute scarf. It looks so great on you!

    www.fashionradi.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. Edinburgh must be very cold! I really miss that city!


    www.thequinoxfashion.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. You can't go wrong with this outfit formula! Loving the color of the first pair of jeans especially.

    https://www.kathrineeldridge.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. These are the perfect outfits for traveling, so cute and comfy. Looking at your photos it looks you are having an amazing time!!! x

    Yiota
    pinkdaisyloves.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  22. I've never thought about outfit formulas before, as you describe it, but I love that idea! You really do make every outfit look new and different, even though the base items are exactly the same. I love it ☺️ as someone from Edinburgh, I hope you had an amazing trip!

    Beka | www.bekadaisies.com

    ReplyDelete
  23. It's always such a struggle to be comfy on the long flights, but you did it in style Mica!!
    XOXO
    Jodie

    ReplyDelete
  24. Leather jackets never go out of style! I love the look with different jeans too, just shows how versatile this kind of outfit is :)

    Anika | anikamay.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  25. You look really smart wearing converse. Nice combination
    https://www.melodyjacob.com/2019/06/mistakes-parents-make-that-drives.html

    ReplyDelete
  26. Cool casual looks Mica, comfy and stylish!
    Kisses, Paola.

    Expressyourself

    ReplyDelete
  27. I love that even though you were super casual with your outfit, it still looks great. You're here rocking those LV bags! I love that you can layer your clothes perfectly! You make me wish that it's winter again, hehe.

    Nancy ♥ exquisitely.me

    ReplyDelete
  28. Outfit formulas are great every day not just on holiday right! Haha. I'm planning on going for a holiday soon and will definitely be using an outfit formula for the trip - so much easier to dress this way when kids are around right!

    Eileen | 5feetofstyle.com

    ReplyDelete
  29. Loving this cozy casual look on you dear. Such a pretty scarf and jacket combination.

    Jessica | notjessfashion.com

    ReplyDelete
  30. I always love your outfit formulas! The leather jacket and Converse look great with both looks. The Edinburgh tee is really cute too!

    x Kara | http://karascloset.net

    ReplyDelete
  31. Thanks all for your sweet comments :)

    ReplyDelete

Your feedback on my outfits and any constructive criticism is welcomed. I appreciate the time you take to leave a kind comment. Make sure to tick 'Notify me' if you've asked a question so you get an email response :)

Feel free to leave a link to your blog so I can check it out. "Follow me" or "follow for follow" comment spam will not be published.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...