Friday 5 June 2020

Long Sleeve Tops and Printed Maxi Skirts With Rebecca Minkoff Mini MAC Bag

With winter here now in Queensland, it's time to start pulling out some of my cold weather pieces. Two very different colour schemes to share today, although these outfits follow the same formula of a long sleeved top and a printed maxi skirt, with a new-to-me Rebecca Minkoff mini MAC bag that the boys got me for Mother's Day.

What I wore:

monochrome wrap top with navy striped maxi skirt outfit for autumn school run | away from blue

navy stripe maxi skirt with Rebecca Minkoff 2012 sky grey mini MAC bag gold hardware | away from the blue

NecklaceZuriCollections blue polymer clay necklace
TopDorothy Perkins 3/4 sleeve wrap top
Skirt: Target navy side split maxi skirt
ShoesNew Balance white and blue sneakers
Bag: Rebecca Minkoff 2012 sky grey mini MAC bag

Why I wore it:

Couldn't resist going completely monochrome with this outfit! 😂 Blue marle long sleeved wrap top, navy blue striped maxi skirt and the blue Rebecca Minkoff mini MAC bag. Even a blue and gold necklace!

It's no surprise I loved this outfit, blue is my favourite colour. However I wasn't entirely happy with it when I left the house! Doing the school run it didn't warm up as much as I'd hoped and it was a pretty chilly outfit to wear when the wind picked up. Especially with the side splits in this maxi skirt. I normally keep it for warmer weather wear but thought I could squeeze in one more wear before winter truly arrived in Brisbane. Should have picked another skirt instead and left this for a warmer day. Or added a jacket.


Last worn: navy marle wrap top, clay bead necklace, navy stripe maxi skirt, New Balance. First time I've worn the mini MAC bag on the blog as it was a mother's day gift. 

Other ways to wearnavy marle wrap top and pencil skirt, navy stripe maxi skirt and denim jacket.


Rebecca Minkoff Mini MAC Bag Review:








What I wore:

teal henley and billabon red boho print maxi skirt with blue mini mac bag | awayfromtheblue

Rebecca Minkoff 2012 sky grey mini MAC bag with teal and red printed maxi skirt outfit | awayfromblue

awayfromtheblue Instagram | teal henley and red printed maxi skirt outfit with blue mini mac bag autumn school run style
NecklaceRoie Designs feather, quartz and love charm long necklace
Top: Jeanswest 'Aubrey' pintuck yoke henley in deep teal
Skirt: thrifted Billabong 'Don't Think Of It' bikini red printed maxi skirt
ShoesNew Balance white and blue sneakers
Bag: Rebecca Minkoff 2012 sky grey mini MAC bag

Why I wore it:

While my wardrobe has been firmly in the casual mum category with staying at home so much, I am feeling a bit bolder to try little things to change it up. The confidence is coming from social distancing and not spending enough time near or with anyone for them to form an opinion on my outfit!

This was an "I wonder if these pieces would go" combination I thought of when trying to come up with something different to wear.

I wouldn't normally wear red with this teal henley but as all I had to do this day was the school run I decided to give it a try. And I liked the combination of the teal and red together when I put ti on, I was worried it was too Christmas-y before I did, but I liked it when I wore it. Not sure if it was adding the blue mini MAC bag to the outfit or just my camera but the top and skirt together look very Christmas-y in the pic and the top a lot more green than teal! I still had fun trying something different though even if I wouldn't wear these two pieces together again. At least I was warmer in this outfit as it wasn't as cold!


Last worn: teal henley, feather necklace, red boho maxi skirt, New Balance (above), Rebecca Minkoff mini MAC bag (above).

Other ways to wear teal henley and jeans, red boho maxi skirt and band tee.

Perfect for pregnancy: teal henley in second trimester.



Printed Maxi Skirts Under $50:




How You Can Wear It:

A long sleeve top can work well with a maxi skirt on a cooler day (although maybe not too cold like in the first pic!). With a printed maxi skirt a plain block colour top is good to try and you don't have to worry about prints clashing, so you can experiment with different colour combinations.



This post was scheduled in advance and I debated not posting it this week but decided to in the end. I've continued blogging through everything else this year. I think time to reflect on what is happening is needed, even if I don't really have the right words to say, or a platform that would make much of a difference. It's important to still say something, as the silence can be deafening to those who need support right now. So in my usual style I'm just adding a note to this post. I've also found people that have said it better than I ever could:

From a protest sign: "I understand that I'll never understand, but I stand with you."
From Archbishop Desmond Tutu: "If you are neutral in situations of injustice, you have chosen the side of the oppressor".

Black Lives Matter and Aboriginal Lives MatterListen and learn and fight racism. Above all else, be kind.


Follow Away From the Blue on:
Bloglovin
Twitter : Instagram Youtube : Facebook : LikeToKnow.It 

54 comments:

  1. This is the way I need to dress for our winter weather. I don't believe I have ever worn a long sleeve top with a maxi skirt. With our mild winters this could be very comfortable!
    Have a great weekend!
    xo,
    Kellyann

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's perfect for Brisbane temps before it gets too cold!

      Delete
  2. Always so stylish. Stay warm.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a maxi skirt I haven't worn yet because finding a top is proving to be difficult! I like both your outfits!! xo, Biana BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that monochrome outfit! It looks really gorgeous and thoughtfully put together. Also, the skirt in that second outfit is SO PRETTY. I absolutely love it and it looks stunning on you!
    the creation of beauty is art.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like both of the outfits. Your winters are really nice and not as cold as in my neck of the woods. Have a nice weekend Mica.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm loving both of these looks, especially the blue monochromatic outfit! Gorgeous skirts!
    Ellibelle's Corner

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are nice, you look great with these looks :-D

    ReplyDelete
  8. In spite of it being Summer here, today's weather would have been too chilly for both of your outfits! I'm hearing you on your issues with the side split maxi, though. My favourite outfit is the second one. I actually think red and teal are perfect together! I'm also hearing you on the posting/not posting issues, but I do agree with you that after having blogged through everything else that crossed our paths this year, we should continue to do so. I don't think our blogs are the right platform either, and like you, I don't really have the right words. Adding the note to your post was the perfect thing to do in my opinion. xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Anne! It's hard to know what to say sometimes I'm glad you thought I got the balance right!

      Delete
  9. I love these combinations!! Especially the red and teal.
    XOXO
    Jodie
    www.jtouchofstyle.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Can't believe you're welcoming winter there as here summer is coming! :)
    I like the touch of red. It's very captivating!!!

    www.fashionradi.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. so that color of handbag is amazing!!! teal right? the new blue? amazing! and i LOVE rebecca minkoff! wish i had the budget!...love all her music selections for her boutitques!
    xo Eva

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can find some bargains second hand! This is an oldie, a grey-blue colour I absolutely love!

      Delete
  12. It's so odd to think that it's winter there and summer where I am at right now. :) I really love the first outfit, and think that the second one is pretty awesome, and I don't think that it looks Christmas-y at all.

    https://loveiszero.net

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I really wasn't too sure, but I'm glad I gave it a try!

      Delete
  13. I like first outfit so much. Thank you for inspiration.

    New Post - https://www.exclusivebeautydiary.com/2020/06/kerastase-resistance-ciment-thermique.html

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love the second outfit. The skirt looks so colorful and perfect for summer x

    Laura
    https://www.beautywithlala.com/

    ReplyDelete
  15. I like your maxi skirt and the way you look so decent and still beautiful.

    The combination also looks great on you.

    https://www.melodyjacob.com/

    ReplyDelete
  16. Both of these outfits are lovely. You wear maxis so well. Both of these long sleeved top and maxi skirt combos are very cute, but the second one is my fav. I love the colour combination in that one. Teal and read look fantastic together. You look great in both of these. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ivana! It was a fun colour combo to try :)

      Delete
  17. I loves these blues, they look great on you!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh so nice outfits
    I like the first blouse
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love a good maxi skirt, and both of these outfits look fabulous, Mica!

    I hope you are having a great week so far!


    Amber


    Visit AvecAmber.com
    Follow Avec Amber on Bloglovin

    ReplyDelete
  20. You can never go wrong with a monochrome look, but I so love that red with teal too! And I so understand what you mean about being more confident during the quarantine. I usually never go out without makeup, but now that we're wearing masks when we do go out, I rarely wear foundation or any of that stuff! Yay:)
    And that bag...what a great gift from the boys:) You are the RM queen:)
    Hope you're having a lovely weekend so far.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha yes the boys spoiled me! :) I am enjoying being a little braver with my outfits and I'm going makeup free too!

      Delete
  21. I think the teal and red work together! I didn't get a Christmas-y vibe at all looking at it! Love the all blue outfit too!

    ReplyDelete
  22. The maxi skirts look great paired with the long sleeve tops! Both outfits look wonderful. Hope you are having a fab weekend.


    xoxo
    Lovely
    www.mynameislovely.com

    ReplyDelete
  23. So beautiful... I love maxi skirts!
    https://chicchedimamma.com/

    ReplyDelete
  24. Gorgeous outfits...and I especially like the pairing of the real and red. That combination is absolutely stunning!👍
    I love the bag too...such a fabulous gift from the boys!!
    I find your posts so inspiring...thank you so much for sharing your fantastic dress sense.😊😊

    Have a great Sunday...and stay safe!

    Hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete
  25. Hey Mica! Hope you and your beloved ones are all safe!

    Oh yes, sometimes I forgot you're in winter in the other side, but you still looking fresh with this look that could be used in a spring in Europe :) I loved the detail of the bag, is like the perfect accessory to bright up your OOTD

    And congratulations for your anniversary guys!

    Pablo
    www.heyfungi.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Yes these outfits would work so well for spring too! :)

      Delete
  26. I'm loving the gold detail on this bag! Looks very stylish indeed :)

    Di from Max The Unicorn

    ReplyDelete
  27. I like the blue combo with the blue bag and agree it is so important to feel comfy on a school run. Maxi skirts go well with long sleeve tops too. I hope you and your family are doing well Mica : ) xo

    www.juanitalikes.com

    ReplyDelete
  28. What a great bag. Love the vibrant color. That first outfit is nice. It's too bad that the weather didn't warm up as much as you expected

    ReplyDelete
  29. You and I share a love for blue, Mica! I love how you mix various undertones together xx

    Naya
    www.nayatilly.com

    ReplyDelete
  30. It is always so interesting how opposite our seasons are at different times. It has been SO hot here this week. Love the blues!

    Amy Ann
    Straight A Style

    ReplyDelete
  31. I love the blue vibes on you! You have a nice collection of bags xx

    Elegant Duchess xx
    https://www.elegantduchess.com/

    ReplyDelete
  32. I love that you're experimenting with trying different colours together. I do NOT think you look Christmassy in your second outfit - the gold chain of your purse helps pull it away from that, as does your blue bag. I like your monochrome blue outfit too - you're a long column of gorgeous blue!

    I hope you had a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  33. I just love that red maxi skirt. The print is so cute! Hope you've had a great weekend, and a good week ahead! xo

    Shauna

    www.lipglossandlace.net

    ReplyDelete
  34. I love the colours of the first outfit. Maxi skirts suit you so much, I'm only 5ft and often think they look a bit odd on me with a smaller frame. I love them though, I wish they looked better on! I hope you've had a good weekend! x

    Sophie
    www.glowsteady.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm petite too, just 2 inches taller! They are worth trying :)

      Delete
  35. Ooooo I love the fully blue outfit! The wrap top and striped skirt look so cute styled together. Also, that bag is really cute! I am so tired of stay at home outfits too! I miss getting dressed up to go out into the world.

    Jill
    https://jilliancecilia.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's nice being able to get dressed up for the school run now the schools are reopen here! :)

      Delete
  36. Love the red and teal combo. Have a week.

    http://www.amysfashionblog.com/blog-home

    ReplyDelete
  37. Blue is my favourite color too, really cute outfit ! Things are getting better with the pandemic and it truly feel good to finally be able to have somewhere to go :)
    Sonia
    www.soniaaicha.com

    ReplyDelete
  38. I also love blue so I love the all blue look, but I'm also loving the teal and red! I think that's such a pretty combo!

    ReplyDelete
  39. Love the maxi skirts! And thanks so much for linking up!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  40. I love maxi skirts and I thought your combinations were great. The purse is really cute and what a great Mother's Day gift. We're just getting into hot weather here but since I'm always cold your outfits looked like just the kind I could wear.
    Grace & Peace,Iris
    www.IrisOriginalsRamblings.com

    ReplyDelete
  41. I love both outfits, but the blue one is my favorite! It's too bad you ended up being cold in it. I also often end up wearing pieces that were meant for warmer weather later than I should because I want to wear them just a few more times :)

    Ekaterina | Polar Bear Style

    ReplyDelete
  42. Thanks all for your kind comments :)

    ReplyDelete

Your feedback on my outfits and any constructive criticism is welcomed. I appreciate the time you take to leave a kind comment. Make sure to tick 'Notify me' if you've asked a question so you get an email response :)

Feel free to leave a link to your blog so I can check it out. "Follow me" or "follow for follow" comment spam will not be published.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...