Friday 18 October 2019

Graphic Tees and Floral Kimonos With Denim For Spring

Continuing to enjoy the milder spring weather in Brisbane and wearing two pretty floral kimonos. Because florals are perfect for spring! Keeping things simple, as always, I wore the kimonos with denim, but decided to wear graphic tees instead of plain ones for something a little different.

What I wore:

graphic tee and nobody denim skinny jeans cotton on leah magenta floral kimono peach love bag | awayfromblue

 Rebecca Minkoff chevron quilted small Love crossbody bag in pale coral | awayfromtheblue


awayfromblue Instagram | Cotton On Leah kimono magenta floral print with peach bag skinny jeans graphic tee
Earrings: Kmart navy tassel earrings
JacketCotton On Leah kimono in Juddy floral cerise
Tee: Primark Edinburgh white graphic tee
JeansNobody Denim Siren skinny super high-rise jeans in power black denim (c/o)
ShoesMarc by Marc Jacobs silver tuxedo flats
BagRebecca Minkoff chevron quilted small Love crossbody bag in pale coral

Why I wore it:

While it was a bit of a cooler spring day I thought it was the perfect opportunity to wear this long sleeved kimono. It's such a fun bright magenta, with a hint of orange and blue in the floral print. It really pops with the Nobody Denim black skinny jeans, and the Edinburgh graphic tee I picked up on our Europe trip earlier this year matched the blue in the print nicely. I couldn't resist adding a little extra colour with my bag though! this peachy Rebecca Minkoff small love bag wouldn't normally be my first choice with magenta but with the orange in the flowers on the print I decided to give it a go and I really loved this combination!

Nice and comfortable outfit for church in the morning before a big family dinner at my parents in the afternoon.


Last worn: floral kimono, navy tassel earrings, Edinburgh graphic tee, Nobody Denim skinny jeans, silver ballet flats, Rebecca Minkoff small Love bag.

Other ways to wear: floral kimono and shorts, Edinburgh graphic tee and leather jacket, Nobody Denim skinny jeans and leopard print, silver ballet flats and pencil skirt, Rebecca Minkoff small Love bag and maxi dress.

Perfect for pregnancy: silver ballet flats in third trimester.


Rebecca Minkoff Small Love Bag and Mini MAC Compared:










What I wore:

Jeanswest Delilah Long Line Kimono in Green Floral  with navy graphic tee converse bermuda denim shorts | away from the blue

Rebecca Minkoff metallic silver mini MAC with green floral kimono | away from the blue


awayfromblue Instagram | Jeanswest Delilah Long Line Kimono in Green Floral  with bermuda denim shorts converse mini mac bag
JacketJeanswest Delilah Long Line Kimono in Green Floral
Tee: Monsterthreads star print graphic tee
ShortsJeanswest Trinity Bermuda denim shorts
ShoesConverse Chuck Taylor All Star low in white
BagRebecca Minkoff metallic silver mini MAC

Why I wore it:

This was a much warmer spring day, so I had to get my shorts out! I wore this back in September, the first month of spring, but I wasn't expecting to need my shorts so early in the season!

Unfortunately, I had a bunch of errands to run, but the boys were very patient and we headed to the park as soon as we were done. The heat ended up driving us home from the playground though, it was over 30 degrees (86 F). More like summer than spring!

As I knew we would be rushing about in the morning before heading to the sandy playground I picked my comfortable Converse to wear, they look so good with denim! Again I picked a graphic tee to wear with the floral kimono, I thought this navy one was a good combo with the green floral, even if the graphic print is quite large. Decided the silver Rebecca Minkoff mini MAC bag was the best accessory, as the graphic tee and the floral printed kimono meant I didn't want a necklace. This metallic silver goes with everything!

Last worn: green floral kimono, navy graphic tee, Bermuda denim shorts, white Converse, Rebecca Minkoff metallic silver Mini MAC bag.

Other ways to weargreen floral kimono and jeans, navy graphic tee with purple, Bermuda denim shorts worn 30 ways, white Converse with a dress, Rebecca Minkoff metallic silver Mini MAC bag for a wedding.

Perfect for pregnancy: navy graphic tee in third trimester, white Converse in second trimester, Rebecca Minkoff metallic silver Mini MAC bag in third trimester.


Floral Kimonos Under $50:




How You Can Wear It:

A floral kimono is a fun topper to a casual denim and tee outfit. For something a little different, swap out a basic tee for one with a graphic design on it! You can match the graphic print to a colour in the kimono like the first outfit, or pick a contrasting colour like in the second outfit.


Linking up with On Mondays We Link Up, Sunday Reflections, Mutton Style.



Follow Away From the Blue on:
Bloglovin
Twitter : Instagram Youtube : Facebook : LikeToKnow.It 

59 comments:

  1. I would like to wear your first outfit right now!
    Kisses, Paola.

    Expressyourself

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great bags dear!! Nice post!
    Have a perfect day! xx

    La ilusión de Nina - https://lailusiondenina.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love how chic and sophisticated this whole look is, gorgeous :)


    - Marina W
    http://www.waitmarinawho.com/2019/10/scrapbook-from-brussels-belgium.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. I always love the way you style your kimonos and the ones you've styled here are so pretty. I especially love that pink one! Have a great weekend!

    XO,
    Jalisa
    THE STYLE CONTOUR

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, this sounds really more like summer than spring! Love both of the looks with the bright kimonos and you combined them each time perfectly. You proof that kimonos are wonderful versatile.
    xx from Bavaria/Germany, Rena
    www.dressedwithsoul.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad you are enjoying your milder spring weather, it's so invigorating! Love that first kimono - such pretty colors! Hope you have a wonderful weekend Mica!
    xo,
    Kellyann

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Spring is always so welcome after winter! :)

      Delete
  7. I so love the length of that second kimono, Mica:) I need one! For that matter, I also want a magenta one now:D You look great in both pics as always. And now that it's fall here, I am sooooo jealous that you guys can now wear shorts.
    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel like I'm on the way to a rainbow of kimonos, and that makes me happy, haha!

      Delete
  8. I really like these floral kimonos. Pairing them with graphic tees was such a great idea. I especially like the second graphic tee, such a fun print. How lovely you are enjoying such fine weather. Here is sunny and warm too, I can't complain. Feels more like summer than autumn.

    https://modaodaradosti.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ivana! Something a little different and it made outfits I really liked!

      Delete
  9. I have one floral kimono that I really like! It goes with so many things.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Both of these kimonos are so pretty! Love the gorgeous jewel tones.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Cool kimono!! I like the print and the Colors.
    Greetings.


    NEW POST IN MY FASHION BLOG!! NUEVO POST!! 😉http://www.adrianosle.com/2019/10/mi-vuelta-la-television.html

    ReplyDelete
  12. Both of these looks are so cute! I really like that first kimono, so bright and happy
    https://www.closet-fashionista.com/

    ReplyDelete
  13. I loved the floral kimonos ♥
    And you are so cute!!

    https://www.heyimwiththeband.com.br/

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow shorts already. Lets hope your summer this year is not as bad as last year. Both look are super fun, and yes graphic tees with kimonos look great together. Just add a RM bag and you are good!

    Allie of
    www.allienyc.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm hoping it's a milder summer but with the summer like temps we've already had this spring I think it's going to be another hot one :(

      Delete
  15. Love the kimonos! They are so easy and fun to wear!

    Ashlee | https://www.maybeafterbrunch.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Loved both outfits, the green one is my favorite tho! I'm still in the lookout for the perfect kimono, I've been wanting to get one for so long!

    Have a beautiful day and happy weekend!
    XO, Melissa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hope you can find one! they are such staples for me :)

      Delete
  17. Your graphic tees are so cute! I really like your Edinburgh one!

    www.rdsobsessions.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. You have such pretty kimonos, Mica! They look great in these outfits and are such versatile pieces. Hope you have a wonderful weekend, Mica! ;) XXX

    ReplyDelete
  19. You have the best kimonos, Mica! I love your tees in this post. Ooh, and that is HOT weather. Wow! Definitely more like summer than spring! It's nearly freezing here, now. I'm starting to miss the warmer temps, haha.

    Hope you have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd gladly take some of that freezing to cool it down a little, haha!

      Delete
  20. I really like your bags! I myself have 2 bags from Rebecca Minkoff. One of them looks like your peach, only mine is purple
    http://www.recklessdiary.ru

    ReplyDelete
  21. The floral kimonos look great with the graphic tees! I really love the color and length of the green one. We are just starting to be able to wear sweaters here but I will be saving these ideas for next year!

    x Kara | http://karascloset.net

    ReplyDelete
  22. I love wearing kimonos and it's part of my closet's staple piece. Good to know that it's still spring in Brisbane. I envy the weather there!

    xoxo,
    SHAIRA
    Blog: www.missdream-girl.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  23. I like both the floral jackets. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  24. You sure know how to rock a kimono, Mica, and you've got quite the collection! Both are gorgeous, which makes it hard for me to choose a favourite outfit. I love both of your bags too! Wishing you a wonderful weekend! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  25. Such pretty and colorful kimonos!

    ReplyDelete
  26. I love the print on both kimonos, so cute!
    Sunset Desires

    ReplyDelete
  27. The long floral kimono looks good with short pants.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Yes it is that time again where I envie you of wearing shorts! Oh how I wish it was spring here and we have t even had winter yet! Your green kimono is very beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Unas imágenes preciosas !
    Te sigo en Twitter! 🐦🐦🐦
    Es un placer leerte! Feliz domingo! ♡♡♡

    ReplyDelete
  30. I would wear this outfits, they are really lovely and look smart on you
    https://www.melodyjacob.com/2019/10/how-to-style-makeda-african-ankara.html

    ReplyDelete
  31. love the cardiagan
    https://www.stylebasket.in

    ReplyDelete
  32. Love the green kimonos
    https://www.stylebasket.in

    ReplyDelete
  33. I like this combination of floral kimonos and graphic tees. You look amazing. Thank you for inspiration. Wish you a beautiful new week.

    New Post - http://www.exclusivebeautydiary.com/2019/10/ora-microneedle-face-body-roller-system_20.html

    ReplyDelete
  34. Both kimonos are so fun and colorful. What a fabulous way to top off these outfits!

    ReplyDelete
  35. I love the pairing of the kimonos with graphic tees, so cute! And I love that your fluffy friend is always around for your photos! :)

    ReplyDelete
  36. This peach handbag is gorgeous, perfection! :**Regards

    ReplyDelete
  37. I was up on the Gold Coast about a week ago and the weather is lovely! Always loving your style and the green kimono looks great!

    Di from Max The Unicorn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope you enjoyed your time here! We have had great weather this spring!

      Delete
  38. You look fabulous in these spring outfits. Love how you styled the long kimono with shorts!
    Ellibelle's Corner

    ReplyDelete
  39. You are the queen of kimono tops, Mica! Love these, the green one especially.

    ReplyDelete
  40. You have some of the best kimonos Mica. I have a feeling, I'm going to be adding more to my collection living in our new place where it's warmer!!
    XOXO
    Jodie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are a staple for warm weather for sure!

      Delete
  41. These floral kimonos make for such great everyday staple! Beautiful outfits Mica!

    www.fashionradi.com

    ReplyDelete
  42. Love these two kimonos dear, especially the first one.

    Jessica | notjessfashion.com

    ReplyDelete
  43. I think your kimonos look great with the graphic tees! You're right using a graphic tea instead of the plain one is a great way to make the look more interesting.

    Kathrin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a nice twist and one I'll have to try again!

      Delete
  44. Thanks all for your lovely comments :)

    ReplyDelete
  45. The salmon shade of the Mini Mac is gorgeous Mica!
    I nver considered pairing graphic tees with kimonos but they work very well.

    ReplyDelete

Your feedback on my outfits and any constructive criticism is welcomed. I appreciate the time you take to leave a kind comment. Make sure to tick 'Notify me' if you've asked a question so you get an email response :)

Feel free to leave a link to your blog so I can check it out. "Follow me" or "follow for follow" comment spam will not be published.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...