Monday 13 January 2020

Two Ways To Wear White Bermuda Denim Shorts: Weekday Wear Linkup!

Wearing some new-to-me shorts for today's Weekday Wear link up! I wore these after Christmas in two different ways, bright and colourful with some new Christmas presents I got, and sticking to a monochrome black and white outfit for the second time I wore them.

I was hunting in the opshops in December for a Christmas tree skirt, and having no luck I browsed some of the other racks. I was so surprised to see these white Bermuda denim shorts in my size for just $6, so of course I got them! It's rare to find denim in my size, and I'd been thinking about white shorts for a while. With two dogs at home and two toddler boys I'm still not sure white shorts are the wisest choice, but for $6 I was willing to give it a try.


What I wore:

Cotton On Alana Wanderlust kimono in floral mood indigo with raspberry deep v tee and white bermuda denim shorts | awayfromblue

Rebecca Minkoff MAB Camera Bag in almond | awayfromtheblue

awayfromtheblue Instagram | white bermuda denim shorts outfit with blue kimono pink tee mum style
JacketCotton On Alana Wanderlust kimono in floral mood indigo
Necklace: Colette marble and gold pendant drop long necklace
TeeCotton On deep v tee in washed desert rose
Shorts: thrifted Emerson white Bermuda denim shorts (new purchase)
Shoesslim navy and pink Havaianas
BagRebecca Minkoff MAB Camera Bag in almond

Why I wore it:

After a relaxing boxing day at home, we needed to get a few more groceries. We always go through bread so quickly after Christmas, making sandwiches with all the leftover ham and chicken! I convinced hubby that we should head to our local Westfield to maybe checkout the sales as well as getting more groceries.

It was a good excuse to wear some of my new Christmas presents too! I love the way this raspberry tee works with the blue kimono, and the necklace was the perfect accessory. I stuck with the neutral white Bermuda shorts and tan Rebecca Minkoff MAB camera bag to balance out all the colour.

I didn't buy too much in the sales, but did pick up a couple of things at Jeanswest as it was buy one get one free on all the sale pieces. I was also thrilled to keep these shorts free of spills or grubby toddler hands or fluffy paws! A successful stain-free first wear!


Last worn: Havaianas, Rebecca Minkoff MAB camera bag. The shorts were a new purchase and the kimono, tee, and necklace were Christmas presents.

Other ways to wearRebecca Minkoff MAB camera bag and orange cami.



What I Got For Christmas: Balenciaga Bag Reveal







What I wore:

monochrome black stripe tank with white bermuda denim shorts tortoiseshell accessories straw bag | away from blue

Amerii medium sling round rattan bag in black with white bermuda shorts | away from the blue

awayfromtheblue Instagram | monochrome black white striped tank bermuda denim shorts outfit with straw bag
Earrings: Colette statement tortoise shell acrylic oval drop earrings
Necklace: Colette tortoise shell acrylic disc tassel necklace
TankAtmos & Here Oregon stripe tank
Shorts: thrifted Emerson white Bermuda denim shorts
Shoesblack slim Havaianas thongs
Bag: Amerii medium sling rattan bag in black (c/o)

Why I wore it:

The next time I wore these white shorts I kept it simple and monochromatic with the black striped tank. Even picked a little black bag as well, this Amerii straw circle bag was perfect. The fun tortoise shell necklace has matching earrings too and I thought the print would be a cute touch with the striped tank. It's a shame that the earrings don't show up so well against my hair in the pictures though! I liked the matchy-matchy with them and the necklace.

Did a little bit of shopping (and checked out the Kmart clearance sale) while hubby was running errands. We also finally managed to watch Love Actually while the kids were at kindy! We'd been watching a lot of Christmas movies and family movies over the break so I never felt like staying up late to watch a grown up movie once the kids were in bed. It's my favourite movie though and so perfect for Christmas time, even if we did watch it a little late!


Last worn: striped tank, Bermuda denim shorts (above), Havaianas, straw circle bag. First time I've worn the earrings and necklace as they are Christmas presents.

Other ways to wear: striped tank and purple jeans, straw circle bag and maxi skirt.




White Bermuda Denim Shorts Under $50:




How You Can Wear It:

White shorts are a great outfit base for anything - they work well with prints and you can also go all out wearing bright colours on top as they are a wonderful neutral to accompany lots of colour.


Weekday Wear Linkup #53


Welcome to the Weekday Wear linkup! A linkup for you to share your weekday outfits - whether that is office wear or stay at home mum wear - if you wore it on a weekday, you can link it up!

Guidelines:
1. Please link to a specific outfit post, not your blog homepage.
2. Link back to this post so others can find the link up.
3. Follow your host Away From The Blue on BloglovinInstagramTwitterFacebook or YouTube.
4. Add up to two posts and be sure to visit and comment on as many other posts as possible to get some weekday outfit inspiration!
Optional: tweet the post you linked up with the hashtag #weekdayWearLinkUp so I can retweet!



Subscribe for The Weekday Wear Linkup reminder emails



Linking up with Confident Twosday, Turning Heads, Style On The Daily, Style Six, Oh Hey Girl, Fashion Frenzy, Red Carpet Style, Fashion Files, Chic and Stylish.



Follow Away From the Blue on:
Bloglovin
Twitter : Instagram Youtube : Facebook : LikeToKnow.It 

82 comments:

  1. Wow you thrifted those shorts? You're so lucky! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love shorts! I dont have white but i need to buy for a summer :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Shorts look fab Mica, would not have thought they were thrifted! Loving your cute little bag. Hope you have a wonderful week darling.


    xoxo
    Lovely
    www.mynameislovely.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute summer style that I could totally wear myself right now since FL has decided not to have winter this year! It's been so warm I wore shorts yesterday. Ugh!!!
    Love your new bag - the color is so unique. The leather looks incredibly soft!
    xo,
    Kellyann

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What a shame you haven't had some cold weather yet!

      Delete
  5. Well done on keeping your white shorts clean with dogs and little ones. Many thanks for hosting , have a good week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I think it will be a challenge keeping them clean but we will see how I go, haha!

      Delete
  6. I like the blue shirt!
    xx Elisa
    www.francinesplaceblog.com | DIY & LIFESTYLE BLOG

    ReplyDelete
  7. These shorts look great on you, Mica! One trick I learned with wearing white with 2 young boys is to put it on and forget that I am wearing it! Also, kimonos are great because they can cover up any spots of dirt that you may attract throughout the day. Now if I could figure out how to style Bermuda shorts so they look this cute on me!

    Shelbee
    www.shelbeeontheedge.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. i love these bags you have! very nice outfits :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. love the both ways you styled bermuda shorts. You wear them well! They are both lovely shorts. I also like how you accessorized with pretty bags. Both the black and the brown mini bag are so chic. You look lovely in both outfits. Have a great week ahead.

    ReplyDelete
  10. White anything is very rare in my wardrobe now that I have kids too. It is just impossible to keep clean!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so difficult! I'll see how these go...but I'm expecting they will need frequent washing and stain removal, haha!

      Delete
  11. Such great summer looks! I love that black bag.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh how I long to wear summer clothes again!! You've styled them so well x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Those white bermuda shorts are so cute on you! What a great find! Love the first outfit with the pretty kimono!

    Jill - Doused in Pink

    ReplyDelete
  14. Cute shorts!
    ~Samantha
    http://goldcoastgirlblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love how you combined peachy-orange tee with blue kimono, it is stunning ensemble. And the second outfit is incredible :) You look beautiful!
    Lots of love ♥ January Girl

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'ts more of a raspberry in person but I do have an orange tee I want to wear this kimono with! :)

      Delete
  16. Love bermuda shorts! So casual, and comfortable.

    Alexandra
    EyeLoveKnots.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great find on those $6 denim shorts! White bottoms can be fussy but they really do go with a lot. Loving your striped tank too- always a classic!

    ReplyDelete
  18. White denim shorts are on my list for this summer: they are so versatile and I miss not being able to wear my white jeans when it is too hot. I really like the black and white outfit. And I don't know why my pics keep going sideways when I link up to your posts, lol!
    www.chezmireillefashiontravelmom.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No idea about the sideways pics either sorry! Thanks for linking up though :)

      Delete
  19. You look stunning! Lovely post.
    https://mellifluous-blog.blogspot.com/2020/01/beautiful-dresslily-review-fashion.html

    ReplyDelete
  20. That kimono is gorgeous!!

    https://www.makelifemarvelous.com/

    ReplyDelete
  21. Those shorts where a great find and they look fantastic on you! Loving them styled both ways! And such pretty necklaces too!
    Ellibelle's Corner

    ReplyDelete
  22. Bermuda shorts are seriously so comfy! I'm not much of a shorts kinda gal, so longer shorts and skirts are always my go-to if I have to wear them! Love how you styled them!

    Ashlee | https://www.maybeafterbrunch.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I find they are a great length for days with the kids! :)

      Delete
  23. Hi Mica!
    Bermuda shorts are big this year and I think we will be seing them everywhere! You are so ahead of your time! The ways you styled them are awesome and very practical at the same time! I also love this black rattan bag. I have one on my wishlist for a quite some time now! I hope you'll have a great week!

    xoxo
    Kate

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha thank you! I've had the blue pair a few years, I think they are a classic! :)

      Delete
  24. Great style in both looks, Mica! My favorite is the first one. Hope 2020 is getting off to a great start for you. :)

    http://lizzyslatest.com/

    ReplyDelete
  25. Hi Mica
    those denim shorts was a bargain!! and you look really cool with those!!
    Hope it rains in Australia I'm praying for that!!
    xoxo

    marisasclosetblog.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Marisa! The rains have alleviated some drought and put out a few fires which is wonderful! :)

      Delete
  26. How cute are those bermuda shorts :)

    https://mariannyc.com/24-hours-in-casablanca/

    ReplyDelete
  27. I LOVE that camera bag!! A good kimono is the best for layering in the warm temps.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's such a great bag that goes with everything! :)

      Delete
  28. Oh I love it the second outfit the top is reall cute
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  29. These are the perfect bermuda shorts to keep on wear all sumemr long!!!
    Love the pairing with the kimono, but even with the straw bag... today is a draw, both outfits look really stylish and fresh! ^^
    XO
    S
    https://s-fashion-avenue.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  30. Those white bermuda shorts look great on you, and will surely be a summer staple in years to come. And you're right, you can't go wrong if you only spent $ 6 on them! My favourite styling is the first one with the raspberry tee and blue kimono! Wishing you a great week ahead, Mica! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  31. Ooh I love the shorts- they're so versatile aren't they?! I need to pick some of these up before summer in the UK!
    Soph - https://sophhearts.com x

    ReplyDelete
  32. Lovely casual outfits the shorts are so versatile! I love the camera bag in your first outfit too! x

    Sophie
    www.glowsteady.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  33. Love your Bermuda shorts, Mica I think they are essential item for our Australian summer. The raspberry tea is a very nice gift and looks lovely next to the white shorts. The beauty about white clothes is that you can always bleach it without ruining the coluor
    https://lookingfabulousat50.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes hopefully I won't have to use the bleach trick though haha!

      Delete
  34. I love this comfy look! Perfect for summer indeed, friend!
    xoxo, Vanessa
    www.WhatWouldVWear.com

    ReplyDelete
  35. Ah the last post I read was all about stying in the snow, and now shorts lol. Both looks are super fun and casual and love the straw Amerri bag. Yes I watched Love Actually it was pretty good. I just got finished binging "YOU"

    Oh love this, thanks for posting!

    Allie of
    www.allienyc.com

    ReplyDelete
  36. You can't beat that $6 price tag especially for such a classic and versatile wardrobe staple that you will be able to wear on many occasions.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I'm sure I'll get my money's worth from them! :)

      Delete
  37. Super cute. Love the addition of the kimono in the first one and the black bag in the second.

    ReplyDelete
  38. What a beautiful way to wear bermudas. Thank you for sharing!!

    Lindifique

    ReplyDelete
  39. I love the white shorts, and just remember, bleach is a good thing, haha!!
    XOOX
    Jodie

    ReplyDelete
  40. Super cute Mica!!
    xx- Nina
    http://www.stylingwithnina.com/2020/01/how-to-style-color-block-coat.html

    ReplyDelete
  41. I think white shorts are easier to keep clean than white pants just because there is less material to spill on! Haha! But in all seriousness, those shorts are a great deal! You will get lots of wear with them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha yes I figured white shorts were a good thing to try before white jeans, less surface area! :)

      Delete
  42. I am not ready to think about shorts yet but you sure are rocking yours!! Great fit and great length. Kept hearing about Boxing Day but didn't know the origin of that holiday so looked it up!! Such fun.
    You have the cutest bags. Of course, the Balenciaga is gorgeous but I think that little camera bag and the black bag are darling, too!! I need to up my purse game. Never really think much about them and they can make such a difference.

    ReplyDelete
  43. Awesome find on the white short. I brought some last year from the gap but never wore them.

    http://www.amysfashionblog.com/blog-home

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope you can give them a wear this summer!

      Delete
  44. Those shorts are such a great find! I love them with the color but also with the classic black and white. That tortoiseshell necklace is so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  45. I used to have a great pair of white denim long shorts, very similar to these that I loved, but yes, of course, they got stained! Have a great week, Mica!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope I can avoid staining these! We will see how it goes, ha! :)

      Delete
  46. What a great deal on a versatile pair of shorts, there is no way that you could pass up that deal! =) They look so good styled with your kimono!

    I hope you are having a fabulous week so far!

    Amber

    AvecAmber.com

    Follow Avec Amber on Bloglovin

    ReplyDelete
  47. How lucky you are that it's shorts weather—I am freezing up here in California! Hope you are staying safe with the wildfires and get some much-needed rain!
    Cheryl Shops | www.cherylshops.net

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We've had some rain which put out a few fires which is wonderful! :)

      Delete
  48. Huray for bermudas! I am ready for them! But the weather isn t over here! Lol. Love the black bag too!

    ReplyDelete
  49. Love your new bag. It's perfect! Can't wait to see the way you style it.
    I really enjoy wearing white... white jeans are my fave.

    www.fashionradi.com

    ReplyDelete
  50. The shorts are super cute:) Looking fab as always. And love the Balenciaga bag! Stunning indeed and love the colour to boot.
    PS Love Actually is such an awesome movie.:)

    ReplyDelete
  51. I love that bermudas are back! Such a great short option that you can even wear at the office!

    -Ashley
    Le Stylo Rouge

    ReplyDelete
  52. These shorts look really lovely on you! I have never really tried white shorts before but I would definitely try!

    Have a good week! :)

    Amy x Wandering Everywhere

    ReplyDelete
  53. I love those white bermuda shorts. I am a huge thrifter, and am dying for the coming summer. Mainly because I started thrifting jeans that Im planning on making into bermuda shorts. I love cutting, ripping, and I even bring out my sander to get the perfect distressed look.

    Love thexglitterbox
    @thexglitterbox
    https://thexglitterbox.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Can't wait to see the shorts you've made! :)

      Delete
  54. It is so interesting to see you in shorts while in my country is winter :-D I like how you style it with cardigan. Have a nice week.

    New Post - http://www.exclusivebeautydiary.com/2020/01/filorga-hydra-filler-pro-youth_15.html

    ReplyDelete
  55. Wow your B bag is stunning! great minds think alike. I sent a link from the realreal to my hubby last year and I got my Prada bag. Great prices and I love the color!
    Your outfit is adorable, I like the shorter blue kimono with your shorts.
    thanks for linking!
    jess xx
    www.elegantlydressedandstylish.com

    ReplyDelete
  56. This black and white look is super cute. My favorite color combo probably. Thank you for sharing this style with My Red Carpet.

    Anna
    www.glamadventure.com

    ReplyDelete
  57. Thanks all for your comments, and for linking up!

    ReplyDelete

Your feedback on my outfits and any constructive criticism is welcomed. I appreciate the time you take to leave a kind comment. Make sure to tick 'Notify me' if you've asked a question so you get an email response :)

Feel free to leave a link to your blog so I can check it out. "Follow me" or "follow for follow" comment spam will not be published.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...