Monday 5 April 2021

Floral Dresses, Sneakers And Rebecca Minkoff Regan Bag: Weekday Wear Link Up

Easy autumn outfits I wore recently that would work just as well for spring! Floral dresses, sneakers, statement earrings, and my navy Rebecca Minkoff Regan bag.


What I wore:

atmos&here willow floral print tee dress with chunky platform sneakers navy regan tote bag | away from blue

floral tee dress, Rebecca Minkoff Regan Satchel Tote in moon | awayfromtheblue

awayfromblue Instagram | floral print tee dress chunky sneakers dangly earrings rebecca minkoff regean bag

Earrings: Piper recycled metal turquoise tassel earring
DressAtmos & Here Willow printed tee dress
Shoes: Kmart white chunky platform sneakers
Bracelets: the usual plus Cora purpleheart and mother of pearl watch c/o JORD
BagRebecca Minkoff Regan Satchel Tote in moon


Why I wore it:

I really love this little floral tee dress! It goes with everything, being such a fun mix of colours in the print, and it's perfect on a warm day. While I wore it quite a bit when my eldest was a tiny baby, as the boys turned into toddlers it got worn less. Now they are a bit older and I'm not crawling around on the floor with them as much, this will certainly get more wear!

I wore comfortable chunky platform sneakers with this for a little bit of running around I had to do, to support my knee but I wanted to dress it up a little for the school run so I added the statement earrings. The gold and turquoise go so well with the green dress with all the blue in the print. And this navy Rebecca Minkoff Regan bag is something I've worn with the dress in the past too, it's a nice combination.

This did end up being slightly overdressed for the days activities though! The plan was the school run, picking up some clothes I had altered at the tailors, and a quick stop at Woollies for more bread. I got up, got dressed and ready and started getting the kids ready. Then it quickly became clear that my eldest wasn't well enough for school. With his desperate pleas to go to the playground on the way home from our contactless pickup at the tailor I started to doubt how unwell he really was...but I still wasn't going to take him to a crowded playground just in case. We compromised and ended up visiting one of our favourite local trails instead, where we rarely if ever see other people during the week. I was definitely overdressed for that though 😂 Nice outfit, just not the most sensible choice for the very quiet day and little hike through the bush we ended up having.


Last worn: turquoise tassel earrings, floral tee dress, chunky platform sneakers, Rebecca Minkoff Regan tote.

Other ways to wearfloral tee dress layered for winter, chunky platform sneakers and culottes, Rebecca Minkoff Regan tote worn 30 ways.

Perfect for pregnancyfloral tee dress in second trimester.


30 Ways To Wear: Rebecca Minkoff Regan






What I wore:

tee knotted over kmart tiered coral floral print maxi dress with adidas superstar sneakers | away from the blue

blue tee floral dress and Rebecca Minkoff Regan Satchel Tote in moon | awayfromtheblue

awayfromtheblue Instagram | blue tee knotted over kmart tiered floral maxi dress navy rebecca minkoff regan tote

Earrings: Kmart navy tassel earrings
Necklace: Kmart gold and navy beaded necklace
Tee: Jeanswest Shelley garment dye tee in faded denim blue
Dress: Kmart Tropicana sleeveless tiered maxi dress
Shoesthrifted Adidas Superstar sneakers
Bracelets: the usual plus Cora purpleheart and mother of pearl watch c/o JORD
BagRebecca Minkoff Regan Satchel Tote in moon


Why I wore it:

This was a very busy day! After the school run we had a really important appointment for my son which I'd been stressing about for a while, so I wore a lot of colour to keep myself cheerful! Thankfully, even after stopping at the library after the school run to get some books for him to read on the slightly long drive, we made it in perfect time and the appointment went well. Probably not the best earring choice though - an anxious 4 year old loves to tug on the tassels when he's in my lap and I ended up removing the earrings halfway through the appointment to save my earlobes 😂

It was a particularly hot and humid day so perhaps the blue tee knotted over this coral floral print maxi dress wasn't the best idea as it made my outfit even warmer, but I'd been wanting to try this colourful pairing for a while and knew it would be the perfect touch of colour to boost my mood, even if it was slightly too warm outside.


Last worn: navy tassel earrings, beaded necklaceblue tee, floral maxi dress, Adidas Superstar, Rebecca Minkoff Regan (above).

Other ways to wearblue tee and shorts, floral maxi dress layered for winter, Adidas Superstar and shorts, Rebecca Minkoff Regan and sheath dress.



How You Can Wear It:
Floral dresses with lots of bright colours in the print can go with anything! You can dress them down a little with a pair of sneakers, or even throw a tee over the top. A neutral navy bag like this Rebecca Minkoff Regan is a good accessory pairing as it won't clash with any colours in the print.



Weekday Wear Linkup #115


Welcome to the Weekday Wear linkup! A linkup for you to share your weekday outfits - whether that is office wear or stay at home mum wear - if you wore it on a weekday, you can link it up!


Guidelines:
1. Please link to a specific outfit post, not your blog homepage.
2. Link back to this post so others can find the link up.
3. Follow your host Away From The Blue on BloglovinInstagramTwitterFacebook or YouTube.
4. Add up to two posts and be sure to visit and comment on as many other posts as possible to get some weekday outfit inspiration!
Optional: tweet the post you linked up with the hashtag #weekdayWearLinkUp so I can retweet!


Subscribe for The Weekday Wear Linkup reminder emails




Follow Away From the Blue on:
Bloglovin
Twitter : Instagram Youtube : Facebook : LikeToKnow.It 

66 comments:

  1. Mica, I love that you choose to wear bright colors for stressful days! I hope everything went well at your son's appointment. I really like the teal dress! The colors and print are so soothing. And your red floral maxi is gorgeous, too. I hope you had a very Happy Easter!

    Shelbee
    www.shelbeeontheedge.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, the appointment did go well :)

      Delete
  2. Love both of these bright floral looks! Your tee shirt dress is adorable! Thank you for the linkup!

    Jill - Doused in Pink

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loving the first dress with it's print and colors! The layering of the second dress is wonderful too. I hope you had a wonderful Easter and thanks for the link up!

    https://www.kathrineeldridge.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like that you wore happy colors to cheer yourself in preparation for the appointment. Bless your heart and your sons - his anxiety and your earrings don't sound like a good combo! Hope you have a great week!
    xo,
    Kellyann

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I really need to be more careful when I wear long earrings, haha! Luckily he was still amused by them when I took them out my ears :)

      Delete
  5. That llama pendant just brings so much life to the purse <3 Love your floral dress, the bright colour and floral print are so beautiful!

    LackaDaisy

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that you wore color to keep yourself cheerful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a great look especially that bag. It goes with everything :)
    http://www.bauchlefashion.com/2021/03/5-ways-to-be-more-chic.html?m=1

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Easter to you and your family. I like first dress, patter and shape are so beautiful. It is perfect for Spring.

    New Post - https://www.exclusivebeautydiary.com/2021/04/dior-diorskin-mineral-nude-bronze-003.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love both of these outfits, but especially the floral dress. It is absolutely stunning!
    You look always look amazing, whatever you wear though.😊😊

    I hope you had a fabulous Easter!

    Hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. I always enjoy that printed tee dress! Such a great color. Glad you're able to wear it more often again!
    https://www.closet-fashionista.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. I absolutely love the blue T tied over the coral floral dress! Even if it felt warm to wear, it looked amazing :) (pinned)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love your floral dress and your long skirt too! Have a beautiful day Mica.
    https://chicchedimamma.com/

    ReplyDelete
  13. That top dress is so stunning - such a great piece!

    Courtney ~ Sartorial Sidelines

    ReplyDelete
  14. Both outfits are just gorgeous. I LOVE that first dress. It looks like it was made just for you! So stunning. And I love the fact that you chose colours that make yourself more cheerful on a stressful day. It is amazing how powerful fashion can be in that way!
    the creation of beauty is art.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, never underestimate the power of a good outfit, haha!

      Delete
  15. Oh better over then under dressed Mica. I thought about wearing bright colors to cheer yourself up. What a good idea, never thought of it.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Nice t-shirt dress! Both outfits look so comfy, but also quite cheerful in those colors! Who says you were overdressed for that walk? As long as you feel good! That's all that matters.

    Glad the appointment for your son went well!

    Alexandra
    OnRockwoodLane.com
    EyeLoveKnots.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did love the outfit, just usually dress a bit more casual on the trails, haha!

      Delete
  17. That is a great bag. I love how you paired it with some floral inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  18. You look so pretty in both of those outfits and the dress is cute and I like the tshirt and skirt. Enjoy the week Mica.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love both of your outfits in big, bright floral prints! Wearing cheerful color is a good way to help get through a stressful day. Hope all went well with your son's appt. Thanks for sharing and have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, the appointment did go well :)

      Delete
  20. Hi
    In your first look I loved the touch that the earrings gave to the look and I increasingly like looks with sneakers, comfort means a lot to me !! And, this was the look I liked the most !!
    xoxo

    marisasclosetblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. Both outfits are lovely, but I really love that green floral dress! It is so pretty. I’m glad you are getting to wear it more often.

    Hope your week is off to a great start!

    Michelle
    https://mybijoulifeonline.com

    ReplyDelete
  22. What a beautiful floral tee dress! You look fantastic in that dress. The combination of a grey tee and a floral maxi is lovely as well. Yes, tassels and kids aren't the best combo. Toddlers will often reach for earrings and pull them.
    I'm happy to hear you had a lovely Easter weekend. Happy Easter Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Both looks are great, Mica - I love that first dress, even if it was a little much for how your day ended up (I hope your son is okay!). I really like the tee knotted over the maxi - a very cute outfit!

    Thank you so much for the link-up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies

    1. Thank you - he is fine now :) Better to be safe than sorry and keep them home if they are unwell though, just in case!

      Delete
  24. I love the little bag, how pretty is that!

    Ana C, www.adreamersland.com
    www.facebook.com/adreamersland
    www.instagram.com/anaccsa

    ReplyDelete
  25. Love all the colors in the short dress - and of course it looks great on you. But, the long skirt is my favorite!
    Grace & Peace, Iris
    www.IrisOriginalsRamblings.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, it's a dress I just layered a tee over :)

      Delete
  26. Both are fabulous looks, and as you said, for either Fall or Spring. I do have a particular fondness for dress/skirt and sneakers combination.

    Rena
    www.finewhateverblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  27. You're right that your dress can be worn in the fall and most definitely in the spring too! I love dresses that can be worn for more than one season. And this one is so pretty!

    Shauna

    www.lipglossandlace.net

    ReplyDelete
  28. My 3 and half year old love to pull on my clothes as well. Love the second outfit.

    http://www.amysfashionblog.com/blog-home

    ReplyDelete
  29. I think both floral dresses are fabulous with sneakers. I love the layering of the tee over the one!! I guess you could always take it off if it got too warm, right??
    XOXO
    Jodie
    www.jtouchofstyle.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes if I had a moment with all the rushing around I would have, haha!

      Delete
  30. I hope your son's appointment went well! You've worn that first dress so many cute ways! It's a great piece! Love the second outfit too!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Your floral tee dress is so so cute, Mica! So perfect for spring and it looks so cute with sneakers and your bag. That bag charm is also adorable! <3

    I hope you are having a great week so far!

    Amber

    Visit AvecAmber.com

    Follow Avec Amber on Bloglovin

    ReplyDelete
  32. What a fun dress. Love the colors and that summery, tropical feeling print. Had to do a double take to see if it was gathered at the waist on one side or if the print just gave that effect. So flattering!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies

    1. It is such a great print - I really need to wear this dress more often!

      Delete
  33. That dress you're wearing is soooo cute! I almost thought it was a sleeveless dress layered over a T-shirt, but it's even better all in one piece!
    Cheryl Shops | www.cherylshops.net

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like the contrast sleeves, I have another tee dress like that too! :)

      Delete
  34. Hello Mica, I hope you had a lovely easter weekend :)

    I see you're welcoming autumn in Australia, hope you enjoy the first bits of the season! Here we're slowing transitioning to warmer days.

    I loved to see you wearing some prints, they really match your other clothes and accessories so they feel as part of your style too! The print in both outfits (my favorite is the first) are so playful and ideal to add a pop of color and emotions to the new season *_*

    Enjoy it and have a nice week ahead!

    Pablo
    Hey Fungi

    ReplyDelete
  35. The mini dress is gorgeous, you look so lovely in it. Like the t-shirt over maxi dress outfit, although I understand that it was not the best choice for that particular day. Glad the appointment went well. Have a great week
    https://lookingfabulousat50.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  36. Haha I hate it when your day goes completely off plan and your outfit isn't quite appropriate any more. I love a good tee dress. They're so versatile! x

    Sophie
    www.glowsteady.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  37. I love the way the sporty sneakers play with the femme florals in these looks!

    -Ashley
    Le Stylo Rouge

    ReplyDelete
  38. Both of your outfits contain colours and prints after my own heart, Mica. The turquoise floral tee dress triggered some happy memories for me, as I had a very similar one when Jos and I first met ;-) I'm sure you were the best hiker on the trail that day.
    The floral dress worn with the knotted tee on top is an instant pick-me-up, so I understand why you wanted to wear it for that appointment you were stressing about. I do hope everything went well!
    Wishing you a great start to the week xxx

    ReplyDelete
  39. My goodness you are stylish. As usual you put my shabby self to shame. I am glad the appointment went well.

    ReplyDelete
  40. I like the dress! I like the skirt even more! 😊
    I wish you all the best!

    ReplyDelete
  41. Totally loving both dresses:) That tee dress looks awesome on you. And I say it's always better to be overdressed than under dressed:D Also love the shirt over the dress.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very true, always better to be overdressed! A tee dress on a trail you end up scrambling over rocks/up hills though not the best choice, ha!

      Delete
  42. Looking so fresh and pretty in your florals Mica. I hope all was well with the Drs. Many thanks for hosting.

    ReplyDelete
  43. These are such pretty outfits! I love the bright prints.

    I'm sorry to hear your little one was unwell. I hope he gets better soon.

    Ekaterina | Polar Bear Style

    ReplyDelete
  44. The llama accessory adds character to the bag! Love the bright colours and print on your floral dress.

    ReplyDelete
  45. The floral dress is beautiful and love the matching earrings!
    xoxo
    Lovely
    www.mynameislovely.com

    ReplyDelete
  46. I'm glad your son's appointment went well! I love the way you layered the tee over that floral maxi dress, I love how it gives it a more casual vibe.

    ReplyDelete
  47. I love these floral prints. It is so cute. Love your sense of fashion. Love the choice of necklace and bag!

    Love Mariann Yip
    https://www.mariannyc.com/four-tips-on-how-to-promote-yourself-on-social-media/

    ReplyDelete
  48. Thanks all for your kind comments, and for linking up :)

    ReplyDelete

Your feedback on my outfits and any constructive criticism is welcomed. I appreciate the time you take to leave a kind comment. Make sure to tick 'Notify me' if you've asked a question so you get an email response :)

Feel free to leave a link to your blog so I can check it out. "Follow me" or "follow for follow" comment spam will not be published.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...