Friday 22 June 2018

Colourful Jeans with Converse And Kimonos | Wear & Tear Video of Rebecca Minkoff MAM Bag

There is something about the simplicity of a printed kimono with skinny jeans. Add in some shimmery tanks and you have such an easy stay at home mum outfit! As I shared last week, I've been loving this kind of outfit formula before the cold winter weather arrived. Wore these outfits for two very fun days out and about with the boys, Converse were a necessity. As I had a few things to carry, I went with my trusty mini MAB bag. It carries everything!

What I wore: 

purple printed kimono skinny jeans converse SAHM autumn style Rebecca Minkoff MAM bag | awayfromblue

purple skinny jeans, Rebecca Minkoff MAB mini in soft grey | awayfromtheblue

awayfromblue instagram purple kimono skinny jeans rebecca minkoff MAM bag
NecklaceHouse of Harlow sunburst necklace in silver and grey
TankJeanswest Maji metallic tank in soft green and silver (on sale!)
JeansJeanswest blackberry super skinny jeans
ShoesConverse Chuck Taylor All Star low in black
BagRebecca Minkoff MAB mini in soft grey

Why I wore it:

I worried the purple skinny jeans and printed kimono together might be a little too matchy-matchy, but I'm so glad I gave this a go as I really loved the combination! I debated wearing my trusty Havaianas over my Converse but figured it could still be quite a cold day. It wasn't, and a few times I regretted jeans and wish I'd gone with shorts!

We headed down the coast with the boys to see the Gold Coast 'Monster Machinery' day. We'd never been before, but with two boys who love all kinds of vehicles, it was the perfect destination. Unfortunately it looked like most of the people on the coast thought so too, it was so busy! The council set up all their vehicles in a park, along with some emergency vehicles, boats, and Lightning McQueen and Mac from the Cars movies. The boys loved it! They ignored the biggest digger (although to be fair I wasn't going to push them to stand in the huge line!) abut they had fun clambering over everything including jumping into the big scoops and pushing the horns on some of the trucks and riding in the fire engine and ambulance.

I loved my outfit, we had a fun day despite the crowds and lines, the only thing I didn't love was my bag choice. I specifically chose this much loved Rebecca Minkoff MAM bag as it fits everything I need to carry as well as my camera, and I'd planned to vlog the day. I took a cute video clip in the car on the way down and noticed the battery was getting low. Not an issue, it's pretty good and usually warns in advance. We finally found a parking spot, walked the long distance to the event, the boys got excited to see the vehicles, and I whipped out my camera to get a good pic, to realise the battery was dead. Luckily I had my phone, but the people waiting behind us to take a photo next were not impressed by my fumbling around!

I then had to carry around a heavy camera, bag and the baby bag. I wouldn't have minded if I could have used the camera, but it was a bit frustrating carrying around something so heavy when I couldn't use it! 😫


Last worn: printed kimono, metallic tank, purple skinny jeans, Converse, Rebecca Minkoff Mini MAB.

Other ways to wearprinted kimono and maxi dress, metallic tank and leopard print, purple skinny jeans and winter layers, Converse for travel, Rebecca Minkoff Mini MAB and shorts.


Perfect for pregnancypurple skinny jeans in first trimester, Converse for second trimester travel, Rebecca Minkoff Mini MAB and maternity pencil skirt.



Wear & Tear: Rebecca Minkoff Mini MAB After 5 Years of Use:






What I wore:

bright red skinny jeans colourful touch with neutral black white kimono converse outfit | away from blue

back and white kimono, red skinny jeans, rebecca minkoff soft grey MAB bag | away from the blue

awayfromtheblue isntagram rebecca minkoff MAM bag red skinny jeans with black and white converse outfit
JacketThe Kindness Collective 'Vienna Awaits' floral print kimono
Necklace: Uniquely Made with Love Sea Change necklace
TankFrench Connection feather foil singlet
Jeans: thrifted Emerson red skinny jeans
ShoesConverse Chuck Taylor All Star low in white
BagRebecca Minkoff MAB mini in soft grey

Why I wore it:

Another outfit with the same outfit formula! Colourful skinny jeans, basic tank, kimono and Converse. This time I charged the camera the night before, so there were no surprises! I wasn't entirely happy with the kimono though - we had an early start and it was a bit chilly in the morning. Perfect for the rest of the day when it warmed up, but made me realise my kimono wearing days are getting less frequent now winter has arrived.

With toddler T's birthday coming up, we decided to take him and his brother out for a Pony Playdate. A local organisation runs it, they have a beautiful paddock and some farm animals. It's Horses In Mind (not sponsored) at Hemmant. The boys got to spend a morning on the farm learning about (and yes patting and chasing!) the chickens and ducks and guinea pigs. Then it was time to learn how to take care of ponies, and they got to use all the different brushes to get them all nice and clean. This was magical, I had a go too and it was so fun brushing this little pony together. They were such good ponies!

Then after they measured up my tiny boys for tiny saddles, they got to hop on and take the ponies for a ride around the paddock. We got so many good photos and videos, thanks to having the camera charged this time! It was such a fun day out.

The white Converse might seem like a strange choice for a day on a farm! I'd picked them to wear over my boots as they had been getting a bit dirty and I'd been planning to wash them anyway. Getting covered in mud seemed like the best thing to do before finally throwing them in the wash a few hours later.


Last worn: black and white kimono, shimmery tank, red skinny jeans, Converse, Rebecca Minkoff MAM bag (above).

Other ways to wearblack and white kimono and maxi dress, shimmery tank and maxi skirt, red skinny jeans and rainbow knit, Converse and dress, Rebecca Minkoff MAM bag worn 30 ways.

Perfect for pregnancyshimmery tank in first trimester, red skinny jeans in second trimester, Converse and maternity shorts, Rebecca Minkoff MAM bag in second trimester.



Colourful Jeans Under $50:





How You Can Wear It:

Colourful jeans don't have to be tricky to wear! They can be just as versatile as your standard blue jeans. You can match the colour to something else in the outfit like I did with the purple jeans and kimono together in the first set of pics, or you can keep things simple and add a pair of colourful red jeans to a classic black and white outfit. Easy, fuss free dressing that's perfect for a day running around with kids.


Linking up with Flashback Fashion, Lizzie In Lace, Friday Faves, Shoe & Tell, Mix It Monday, On Mondays We Link Up.




Follow Away From the Blue on:
Bloglovin
Twitter : Instagram Youtube : Facebook : Google Plus : LikeToKnow.It 

59 comments:

  1. There was no need to worry about it being too matchy matchy, it looks great! I love pairing coloured jeans with a patterned jacket, I think it's such a great look.

    Amy x wandering-everywhere.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Amy! I love a little matchy matchy, but never usually as bold as that!

      Delete
  2. Hi Mica
    I love the combination skinny jeans + kimonos, it's my ideal weekend look, I liked the first look more, I see you had a lot of fun on the coast, but the weight of the bag was too much ahahahha
    As for the second look is also perfect to go see animals with the boys, btw today I speak in animals in my blog ahahha
    I hope your next weekend is as fun as this !!!


    xoxo

    marisasclosetblog.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Marisa! The boys loved both days out, so much!

      Delete
  3. I love both of these outfits, Mica! It's such a great outfit formula! The coloured jeans are fabulous: I love both the purple and the red! I especially love the first outfit with all the purple and how your top matches your bag so well. Also, I have the same necklace as you! ;) Hope you have a great weekend, Mica! XXX

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love that grey bag and the kimonos. Wishing you a fab day ahead.

    Gemma x
    www.jacquardflower.uk

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really like the first outfit! I don't think that it looks too 'matchy-matchy' at all. :) They are different shades of purple and they work really well together. The bag looks very practical, too! The second outfit is so lovely and bold, I would never be brave enough to wear red skinny jeans myself, but they look so, so good on you! Sounds like you had a lovely time, I wish I was a toddler again so I could ride a pony. :D xoxo

    Kay
    http://www.shoesandglitter.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kay! There's a denim style out there for everyone I think, skinny jeans are my go-to!

      Delete
  6. You look great in colored jeans! And I feel your frustration about carrying something heavy and not using it. It's like why did I put myself through this if I really didn't need it haha. Have a great weekend!

    www.rdsobsessions.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love both of these outfits. The first one is so cool. I love purple! The way purple jeans and kimono seem to match perfectly just makes the whole thing look so well put together. I really like the second outfit as well. Those red jeans look great paired with a kimono.

    Machinery day does sound like a perfect thing to bring along two boys to, doesn't it? I think I would enjoy that as well. I love science and economy fairs, museums and anything educational really.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ivana. It was an awesome event!

      Delete
  8. Colourful jeans are definitely something my summer wardrobe needs more of, instead of always dark coloured denim! I also love colourful cropped denim as they tend to go so well with heeled sandals :) You look lovely in both of these outfits darling! Have a fabulous weekend :)

    aglassofice.com x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am always wanting to add more to my wardrobe, but they seem to be so hard to find right now!

      Delete
  9. Gorgeous in purple, girl!
    -Kate // http://www.classyandkate.com/capsule-jewelry-inspired-by-my-3-favorite-trips/

    ReplyDelete
  10. I prefer the second outfit over the first one, purple just isn’t my color. And I totally understand your frustration, carrying something heavy around is annoying enough on its own, if you can’t even use it then, that is the worst.

    Anne - Linda, Libra, Loca

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Anne. I was so annoyed at myself, ha!

      Delete
  11. Love those red pants, totally stunning! Also, the kimono looks so pretty!
    XOXO,
    Vanessa
    www.WhatWouldVWear.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. You have such a great kimono collection...not to mention handbags, of course! Hope you have a great weekend too!
    Gina || On the Daily Express

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha I do love my kimonos and handbags!

      Delete
  13. Can you ever be TOO matchy? I don't think so! Both of these outfits are great, and this is a really good outfit formula (very similar to my long cardi/lace skirt from yesterday) for casual-yet-with-flair. Well done!

    I can't wear my kimonos/dusters in the winter either - too cold, and they bunch up under jackets...although I'm suspecting your "winter" is more like our spring. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. heeh thanks Sheila! I think it is, your warm temperatures are like our winter at the moment and it doesn't feel very warm!

      Delete
  14. I love both outfits especially the purple combo. It’s great to inject some colour now and then! 💞💖😘

    http://www.elegantduchess.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. I can see why you have had this bag for so long and used it so much. I love the soft gray shade and how it fits so many things!

    http://www.mylittlenest.org

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is the best bag! One of my favourites for sure.

      Delete
  16. I love these red skinny jeans in the second outfit and in the first look matchy-matchy looks just perfect on you. Love the color purple!
    Have a happy weekend!

    www.fashionradi.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. Sounds like you had two great days with your family. Have a great weekend. We don’t have anything planned for this weekend.

    http://www.amysfashionblog.com/blog-home

    ReplyDelete
  18. Have you ever done a video showing your whole bag collection? I would love to see it!

    Shireen⎜Reflection of Sanity

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not for a few years - but the Handbag Collection page above has the last one I've done and some more recent brand collection ones!

      Delete
  19. I LOVE kimonos! They're so versatile! Your bag is cute :). I love it when people can fit everything they need in their bags. It's a bundle of magic XD.

    Nancy ♥ exquisitely.me

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's such a great way of looking at it!

      Delete
  20. I love hearing your rationale for why you wore what, Mica!!
    I love the idea of skinny jeans with the kimono since the kimono tends to be flowy. And it's nice to know you worry about the matchy thing at times. I think the fact that you chose a neutral shirt with the purple jeans makes it look cohesive and not too matchy!!
    OXOX
    Jodie
    www.jtouchofstyle.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jodie! I think the tank in the middle was a great piece to break up the purple a bit.

      Delete
  21. That s a great casual yet stylish look! I hope to see you on my Fancy Friday linkup party!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I am a huge fan of kimonos and these two are so perfect. I love the color of the first one so much. Hows your weekend going? I bet you have some fun things planned being the first weekend of summer. Enjoy!

    https://www.fashionablyidu.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's nearly the end of the first month of winter here! :)

      Delete
  23. Gorgeous collection!
    Have a nice week-end!
    Gil Zetbase

    ReplyDelete
  24. I would love a pair of red jeans, I just haven't found a pair that fits how I'd like yet. I love the dark purple pair, too. You are just so good at styling kimonos, so much inspiration always!! I like that Rebecca Minkoff bag in that soft grey color, just such a versatile color when it comes to bags!

    Carrie
    curlycraftymom.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Carrie! Hope you find your perfect pair soon!

      Delete
  25. I like your skinny coloured jeans and yes they do look good with Converse sneakers. I recently got 2 pairs of Converse which I don't know when to wear them yet. This is a good idea, too bad our kimono days are over now too. It's getting colder everyday. Hope you have a nice weekend.

    www.busyandfab.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes the kimonos will be unworn for a while now I think! Hope you can find a way to wear your Converse - I love mine on days out with the boys (as you can see here, ha!)

      Delete
  26. You are the queen of kimonos Mica! You seem to have so many and you always know how to style them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Amy! With denim like these outfits is alway a safe bet! :)

      Delete
  27. You look so comfy and chic! Happy Saturday!
    Lesley Kim

    ReplyDelete
  28. It looks really great. You chose the right shades of purple to go with the skinny jeans. I love the prints as well. Also thanks for sharing the tips.

    x Marlia
    www.marliafransiska.com

    ReplyDelete
  29. Yes, I see this is really a great outfit formula! I love both looks but I'm so sorry that on the day with the first look your camera battery was empty and you had to carry the useless camera with you the complete day. And the day you had at the farm sounds absolutely amazing! I can imagine your boys loved it!
    xx Rena
    www.dressedwithsoul.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rena, they really did, was so much fun for them!

      Delete
  30. You look good in bright colours. I'm more of a black & white kinda girl.

    Have a great week ahead babe.

    http://www.glitsxgrace.com/2018/06/24/mid-year-self-assessment-plus-free-monthly-goal-planner/

    Lets connect on Instagram https://www.instagram.com/glitsxgrace/

    ReplyDelete
  31. Both kimonos are so chic and beautiful! Perfect casual looks.

    https://www.kathrineeldridge.com

    ReplyDelete
  32. Loving the coloured jeans and I love the matching in the first outfit! Hope your boys are feeling a bit better and have a lovely start to the new week!
    Amy xx
    callmeamy.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Amy! They are feeling much better!

      Delete
  33. I love this outfit! I love the colorful jeans. These red and blue jeans go beautifully on your skin. I hope you are having great time. and happy weekend.
    www.chez-rama.com

    ReplyDelete
  34. Hi Mica, both looks are super cute and comfy. I adore how you accessorized with a grey handbag. A neutral handbag always compliments perfectly! I pray you have a wonderful new week.

    Tiff
    http://www.dashoffashandfinance.com

    ReplyDelete
  35. Love both of these looks you pull off colored jeans so easy!

    x,
    Chanel | Je M'appelle Chanel

    ReplyDelete
  36. I love the matchy purpler jeans and kimono Mica.
    You look so comfy!

    Much Love,
    Jane | The Bandwagon Chic

    ReplyDelete
  37. Oh how I wish I could pull off the sneaker and denim look ! Or for what it's worth the sneaker and anything look. I cannot do it!
    Both combos look so good Mica -

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you could, but you tend to go towards more elegant styles, and I'm in casual outfits most of the time, haha!

      Delete
  38. Thanks all for your lovely comments :)

    ReplyDelete

Your feedback on my outfits and any constructive criticism is welcomed. I appreciate the time you take to leave a kind comment. Make sure to tick 'Notify me' if you've asked a question so you get an email response :)

Feel free to leave a link to your blog so I can check it out. "Follow me" or "follow for follow" comment spam will not be published.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...