Thursday 22 April 2021

Navy and Green Shorts Outfits With Sneakers and Blue Bags

I've been wearing a lot of blue lately! While I used to be a bit scared of blue and green together it's a combination I've really started embracing. Any shade of blue and green look so good together, as you can see in these simple outfits with different shades of green.

Because even though it's officially autumn, Brisbane keeps the summer heat around for a while, so my shorts are worn into April!


What I wore:


navy scoop neck cropped tee with olive embroidered pull on shorts sneakers rebeca minkoff love too bag

Rebecca Minkoff Love Too in deep teal croc embossed leather with olive shorts | awayfromtheblue

awayfromtheblue instagram navy cropped tee with olive soft shorts deep teal rebecca minkoff love too bag


Necklace: Kmart silver long circle pendant necklace
TeeAtmos & Here Avery marle tee in navy
Shorts: Jeanswest Tessa olive embroidered shorts
ShoesNew Balance Coast women's running shoe in black 
Bracelets: the usual plus Cora purpleheart and mother of pearl watch c/o JORD
BagRebecca Minkoff Love Too in deep teal croc embossed leather


Why I wore it:

This outfit was really an excuse to wear this teal Rebecca Minkoff Love Too bag again! It's true to its name of deep teal so I thought it would work well against a navy and green outfit. And this navy cropped tee works well with the comfortable slouchy olive embroidered shorts.

I really liked this outfit - while it was a little cooler in the morning and evening it was warmer during the day and this was super comfortable for a day of working from home. Did have to take my son to an appointment in the afternoon, so wore my supportive New Balance sneakers as they are good for my knee on the longish drive.





What I wore:

jeanswest green fitted singlet with navy stripe paperbag waist culotte shorts, adidas superstar, mini mac bag | awayfromtheblue

Rebecca Minkoff 2012 sky grey mini MAC bag with navy stripe culottes | away from the blue



Necklace: thrifted Equip gold and marble station necklace
Tank: Jeanswest Jenni basic singlet in emerald green
Shorts: Jeanswest Valerie yarn dye stripe short in navy and white
Shoesthrifted Adidas Superstar sneakers
BagRebecca Minkoff 2012 sky grey mini MAC bag


Why I wore it:

Again a green and navy shorts outfit! This time around with a green top and these navy striped culotte shorts. This green tank was definitely overdue another wear and the fitted top tucked into the shorts is a great way to show off the cute paper bag waist on the culottes. I was just working from home during the day, but I had a dentist appointment in the afternoon so I went with a statement necklace to dress up the outfit a little. Wore my cute little Rebecca Minkoff sky blue mini MAC bag as I only needed a few essentials at the dentist.

I thought the bright colour of the green top combined with the statement necklace would help cheer me up a little as I'm not a fan of the dentist. It just seemed to confuse the receptionist though who pointed out Saint Patrick's Day was the week before πŸ˜… Made me laugh before my appointment though, clever move on their part to help me relax a little more!


How You Can Wear It:

Green and blue are a wonderful colour combination! Any shade works well together but you can't beat navy. As you can see in these pics it works well with more muted greens like olive in the first outfit, or bolder brighter greens like in the second outfit.




Follow Away From the Blue on:
Bloglovin
Twitter : Instagram Youtube : Facebook : LikeToKnow.It 

46 comments:

  1. That first blue bag and the tee looks like the very same color - they were made for one another!
    xo,
    Kellyann

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They do look really close together in the pic! it's a very petrol like teal shade :)

      Delete
  2. Loving both of these looks! Definitely looking forward to it being shorts weather here! Almost time!
    https://www.closet-fashionista.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those silly clothing rules about colours should just be forgotten! Blue and green occur in Nature - think of parrots, irises, fish, ocean and fields, leaves and sky! And those all look gorgeous and amazing...as do you, Mica!

    Brava for stepping out of your colour comfort zone and trying a new combo, with great success! I especially love your emerald green tank in the last outfit - you're deploying Clothing As Armour, well done! Sorry about the dentist (you know I feel it!), but glad it's over.

    Enjoy the rest of your week, my dear friend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies

    1. Thanks Sheila! it's funny how many rules I used to follow that seem so silly now - I love blue and green together!

      Delete
  4. I actually really like blue and green together, it kind of makes me think of aquamarine colors. I love that blue bag in the first photo!! You gave me an idea for an outfit in that second photo with the blue and white striped shorts, I have a pair of pants similar to them and a top in the same color of green! I need to try them together soon! :)

    Carrie
    curlycraftymom.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies

    1. Glad I could give you some outfit inspiration! :)

      Delete
  5. While I am loving both of your blue and green outfits - a favourite colour combination of mine - my heart belongs to the second one. How delightful is that emerald green top worn with the paper bag waist culottes! I'm quite envious of your continued Indian Summer weather. It's supposed to be Spring here but still barely above 10°C on most days! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies

    1. Oh I can't imagine those temps - that's middle of winter, freezing cold days for us, haha! I'm grateful we have had such a mild autumn so far :)

      Delete
  6. I love the combo of blue and green together. You look so nice in both of those outfits Mica. Have a nice weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very amazing looks
    i love blue clothes
    Kisses ♥

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are absolutely right that blue and green look good together! Both these outfits are prime examples of that! I love them. Especially that second look. The emerald green tank is such a fabulous pop of colour. I love that statement necklace you wore with that outfit as well.
    the creation of beauty is art.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies

    1. it is such a fun shade of green, I really should wear it more often! :)

      Delete
  9. Green is your color.

    http://www.amysfashionblog.com/blog-home

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love that second outfit especially! The kelly green is so pretty with navy blue!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love that you wore one of the outfits to show off the purse Mica. And I love how it blends so well that way!! Green and blue isn't a combination I wear often, yet I love it.
    XOXO
    Jodie
    www.jtouchofstyle.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hey Mica, I hope you had a great week :)

    What a coincidence, I am wearing that combo today: green sweatshirt + blue pants and then some accessories in the same shades. I'd say that's a good combination not only for clothes but also for home decor or graphic design!

    Both combinations look really comfy and perfect for a day full of errands (funny story about Saint Patrick day haha). Anyway I'd say the second one is my favorite due to the detail of the necklace :)

    All the best and enjoy the weekend!
    Pablo
    Hey Fungi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies

    1. It is so funny you are wearing the same combo as you read! i agree, I think it's a good combination and I really need to wear it more often :)

      Delete
  13. I am wearing a khaki shirt and a dark blue jean todays so I agree. Amazing combination!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies

    1. Yes! Blue and green look so good together! :)

      Delete
  14. Hello Mica
    My favorite outfit is the second one, I like most emerald green!
    I wish you a great weekend we must stay at home here oh!
    xoxo

    marisasclosetblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Those shorts are so cute! And they're really flattering on you! you look stunning

    Katie | katieemmabeauty.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. I LOVE blue and green together! The embroidery on your olive shorts is so pretty.

    Michelle
    https://mybijoulifeonline.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. Loving both outfits. I really love that Love Too bag.

    x,
    S | Je M'appelle Chanel

    ReplyDelete
  18. I'm not sure I've worn blue and green together, but these looks pair so beautifully together! Absolutely love your shorts in the second outfit.

    Hope all is well with you, friend! :)

    Make Life Marvelous

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love this color combo on you so much! I always think of the ocean when I see these colors together. Hope you guys enjoy the long weekend!

    Shauna

    www.lipglossandlace.net

    ReplyDelete
  20. Such a cute outfit!

    Danielle | thereluctantblogger.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  21. A very nice and stylish look, dear! Love your bag!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Love these color combos! That first bag is amazing with the croc detail. Enjoy your weekend Mica!

    https://www.kathrineeldridge.com

    ReplyDelete
  23. What cute summer outfits, and great color combo.

    ReplyDelete
  24. I love that bright green pop of color in the second outfit! Such a good idea to dress cheerfully for something you really do not enjoy doing! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, as sheila says, clothing as armour, haha! :)

      Delete
  25. You looked so chic in the outfit to go visit the dentist! I hope the appointment went smoothly and that's great that you had a laugh an it kinda relaxed you a bit. Laughter's always good. Hope you are having a wonderful weekend with your family. As always, take good care and stay safe :D xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  26. Blues and greens are definitely your kind of colors! They suit you so much, Mica. Hope you are having a blissful weekend xx

    Naya
    www.nayatilly.com

    ReplyDelete
  27. I am so loving the blue and green combo, Mica:) Looking fab as always. And love your RM collection. I am totally digging all of them...well...esp. the yellow one. :) You wear these bags so well to boot.

    ReplyDelete
  28. You look very beautiful! 🌸🌸🌸

    ReplyDelete
  29. What cute looks! I really like the first Rebecca Minkoff bag that is featured. The navy blue combined with the crocodile pattern is very unique, in my opinion! :)

    xoxo,
    Sydney

    The Lotus List

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it is such a stunning bag! I'm so glad I could snap it up so affordably! :)

      Delete
  30. I love both outfits on you. The first bag is a classic.

    ReplyDelete
  31. Both bags look so cool!
    have a great week,
    S

    ReplyDelete
  32. Me encanto los pantaloncitos verdes. Te mando un beso y ambos looks se te ven genial

    ReplyDelete
  33. I don't always think to put navy and green together but I'm loving it on you! Both outfits are great!

    ReplyDelete
  34. I love the combination of blue and green! Such cute outfits!

    Ekaterina | Polar Bear Style

    ReplyDelete
  35. Thanks all for your sweet comments :)

    ReplyDelete

Your feedback on my outfits and any constructive criticism is welcomed. I appreciate the time you take to leave a kind comment. Make sure to tick 'Notify me' if you've asked a question so you get an email response :)

Feel free to leave a link to your blog so I can check it out. "Follow me" or "follow for follow" comment spam will not be published.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...