Monday 8 January 2018

Summer Officewear: Blazers, Bright Tanks and Blue Pencil Skirts

While I'm still on leave, I haven't shared these outfits from before the Christmas break yet! Summer in the office is usually pretty relaxed, when the heat gets too much they often change our already business casual dress code to be even more casual. If I'm worried my outfit is a bit too casual though, even with relaxed dress codes, I add a blazer, just like I've done in both outfits below.

What I wore:

grey jersey blazer, bright turquoise tank, jacquard pencil skirt, navy tote Summer officewear | awayfromblue

jacquard pencil skirt, Rebecca Minkoff medium MAB tote in moon navy | awayfromtheblue

awayfromblue instagram | grey jersey blazer, blue tank and jacquard pencil skirt outfit
JacketJeanswest grey jersey blazer
NecklaceStarfish Project Veronica short yellow multi strand necklace
TankJeanswest Maya gather back tank in mid turquoise
SkirtWarehouse navy jacquard pencil skirt
ShoesWalnut Melbourne 'Ava' black lizard ballet flats (also available in silver)
BagRebecca Minkoff medium MAB tote in moon navy

Why I wore it:

I'd just worn this blue tank a few days before, but wore it again to the office to squeeze in one more wear before the month ended, to meet my 'wear things twice in the month I buy them' goal. It's a great casual top, so I added the blazer to ensure it would work for the office as well. Although the turquoise tank and the navy skirt are very different blues, I thought they would look great together, and I couldn't resist adding this colourful yellow statement necklace for even more colour.

I really liked all the colours in this outfit together. The neutral black ballet flats and grey blazer were good accessories, and my Rebecca Minkoff navy MAB tote matched the jacquard pencil skirt well.


Last worn: grey blazer, turquoise tank, navy jacquard pencil skirt, Walnut Melbourne ballet flats, Rebecca Minkoff medium MAB tote.

Other ways to weargrey blazer and fit and flare dress, turquoise tank and printed shorts, navy jacquard pencil skirt and winter layers, ballet flats and skinny jeans, Rebecca Minkoff medium MAB tote and maxi dress.

Perfect for pregnancynavy jacquard pencil skirt in first trimester, Walnut Melbourne ballet flats and wrap dress, Rebecca Minkoff medium MAB tote in third trimester.



Bright Tanks Under $50:








What I wore:

colourful summer officewear yellow tank, green nackle, blue lace pencil skirt | away from blue

lace pencil skirt and Rebecca Minkoff medium MAB tote in moon navy | away from the blue

awayfromblue instagram colourful bright tank blue lace pencil skirt blazer summer office wear
JacketZara cream jersey blazer
NecklaceStarfish Project Hannah turquoise bead necklace
TankJeanswest Maya gather back tank in chartreuse
SkirtAsos blue textured lace pencil skirt
ShoesMarc by Marc Jacobs logo plaque flats in camel
BagRebecca Minkoff medium MAB tote in moon navy

Why I wore it:

Wasn't quite so sure about all the colours in this outfit. I love yellow and blue together, and the green necklace is great with the yellow tank...but I think that something was off about this outfit, I didn't like it as much as the blue one above. Getting woken up far too early by baby boy and being too tired to consider my outfit properly that morning may have impacted how I felt about it, ha! I am always harsher with my outfits if I'm not having the best of days.

I was hoping for an easy day at work for being exhausted before my day even began, but when I realised it wasn't looking that way I popped out to Starbucks for a little morning tea treat between meetings.

Thankfully my day improved when I got home, it's impossible to have a bad day when you get excitedly greeted by 2 little boys and a very fluffy dog.


Last worn: cream jersey blazer, mustard yellow tank, ASOS lace pencil skirt, camel flats, Rebecca Minkoff navy MAB tote (above).

Other ways to wearcream jersey blazer and skinny jeans, mustard yellow tank and printed shorts, ASOS lace pencil skirt in monochrome outfit, camel flats and sheath dress, Rebecca Minkoff navy MAB tote in winter.

Perfect for pregnancycream jersey blazer and hidden baby bump, ASOS lace pencil skirt in third trimester, camel flats in second trimester, Rebecca Minkoff navy MAB tote in third trimester.




Blue Textured Pencil Skirts Under $50:







How You Can Wear It:


Your casual summer tanks can easily do double duty in the office when worn under a blazer and paired with a classic pencil skirt. If you're worried a bright tank may be too bold for your office, try picking neutral layers and accessories to wear with it. A blazer definitely isn't needed in the middle of a Brisbane summer, but you can easily take it off for the commute and slip it on to combat the cold aircon at your desk in the office. Such a simple layer to make any outfit feel more pulled together and office appropriate.


Linking up with On Trend, Turning Heads, Trend Spin, Confident Twosday, Style Sessions.


Follow Away From the Blue on:
Bloglovin
Twitter : Instagram Youtube : Facebook : Google Plus : LikeToKnow.It 

75 comments:

  1. You definitely pulled off that lady boss chic look.
    I love your skirts.

    Much Love,
    Jane | The Bandwagon Chic

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really love the yellow touches in both outfits, Mica! The shades of blue in the first outfit are so pretty and the yellow beads really complement the colour scheme. I love your yellow tank in the second outfit and the turquoise necklace looks great. Such great office looks for summer! :) XXX

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sasha! I've been loving yellow lately!

      Delete
  3. I love how you always coordinate colours in your outfits and make them work, I wish I could do the same with my outfits. I love colour but sometimes I find it hard to pair different colours to one outfit!! Happy Monday, I wish you a wonderful week!

    Yiota
    PinkDaisyLoves

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Yiota :) I've really been making an effort to wear more colours lately, it's fun to try :)

      Delete
  4. I love the structure of this bag, I've been contemplating on whether or not I should get it in grey for some time now. I love the way it looks with these outfits, both are so pretty and colorful! Thanks for sharing and I hope you have a great week ahead!

    XO,

    Jalisa
    THE STYLE CONTOUR

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a really good bag for work, so practical! Grey would be a good choice! :)

      Delete
  5. You've styled this so lovely—I also adore that MAB tote, teamed with the blazer! Blazers and pencil skirts can really help dress up outfits. That lace ASOS skirt is my favourite!
    Happy New Year to you and the family! Hope the year has started off well for you! x/M

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mica,
    I really love both outfits they are very crisp, professional and well styled . I especially love both skirts- the one in jacquard is so beautiful. The second one in lace is also stunning. I hope your new year is off to a wonderful start.
    ❤️❤️❤️
    Elle
    https://theellediaries.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Pencil skirts and blazers are always great combos! That RM tote is perfect for the office. Very chic even in the heat!

    Amy Ann
    Straight A Style

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love how you style your office clothes, Mica. You look so pretty. Wish you a lovely day. xx

    Nina's Style Blog

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love both outfits but my favorite is the second one. Happy New Year <3 Kisses <3
    http://www.rakhshanda-chamberofbeauty.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. Blue & yellow together is always so pretty. Love the different tones of blue you incorporated into your outfit. Very beautiful Mica. Have a great week.
    http://www.averysweetblog.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love both of the bright colors in these looks! Really ups the fun for the office.
    http://www.closet-fashionista.com/

    ReplyDelete
  12. It can be a fine line to dressing too casual for the office in the summer but I think you've managed to strike a fine balance with these looks. Happy new week Mica!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rowena :) I think a blazer really helps! :)

      Delete
  13. Aw I love the colours in your second outfit! That blazer looks like such a staple! Hope your week is going well so far .
    Amy xx
    www.callmeamy.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  14. I like how you gave two fun and colorful options for work wear. I think more people should wear color to work.
    LaToya
    www.toyastales.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's definitely fun to play with! I've been making more of an effort to try colours lately! :)

      Delete
  15. I loved the skirt of the second look, it's fantastic ..
    xoxo

    marisascloset.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. I actually really like the second look - I happen to think green goes great with navy and yellow!

    xo Deborah
    Coffee, Prose, and Pretty Clothes

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Deborah - I just wasn't so sure about it.

      Delete
  17. You're so right about blazers! They really can elevate a casual look, and are definitely versatile. I love your bag, too - it's beautiful.

    Kathryn • simplykk.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi Mica! I adore how a blazer adds a professional and cute touch to a look. You look great as always! Have a beautiful and blessed week ahead!

    Tiff
    http://www.dashoffashandfinance.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. So good to be on a leave! I loved the two outfits, but the first one is more my way - bright colors, loved the top and the necklace! The RM tote bag is really so practical and cool! You look always so elegant and beautiful! Hope you have a nice week, may you enjoy it a lot!
    DenisesPlanet.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm really enjoying my leave :)

      Delete
  20. Adding a blazer helps a ton, I do it a lot as well to dress up a shirt or a jumper that would otherwise be a little too plain.
    And the second outfit? I think the blazer color wasn't the best pick, it looks so washed out next to the beautiful brighter colors.

    Anne - Linda, Libra, Loca

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Anne! I agree with you about the blazer, another one would have looked better I think.

      Delete
  21. Ahh you gotta love the random super-early wakeups. Oh boy! I actually love the colors in the second look and think it totally works, so maybe your early-morning brain was onto something there :) Have a great week Mica!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haah yes! Thank you, I wasn't too sure about that outfit.

      Delete
  22. Your outfits are really cute! :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  23. I love the colors in the second look! They are unexpected and fun :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. Love both your looks - summer office perfection. I'm fond of your navy pairings, mint, yellow, and grey all work so well.
    Chic on the Cheap

    ReplyDelete
  25. Aww seeing the brightly coloured blouses really makes me excited for summer, I want it now! So jealous! Pencil skirts really give a sophisticated look for the office and I think your colour pop accessories makes the look fun too.
    Looking good Mica!
    Jaz xoxo
    http://www.thelifeofasocialbutterfly.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  26. Your outfits are so bright and cheerful!

    https://styledwithamanda.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  27. I love both outfits, but I think what is off about the second outfit is the dull colour of the blazer. Yes, it's a neutral, but so BORING. Oatmeal is for eating, not wearing! Lol, only my opinion of course, but how nice would this blazer be in a colour??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha true! it would be lovely in a different colour. Maybe this colour isn't for me.

      Delete
  28. You look incredible! I love this look on you babe. Stay fabulous!
    Happy Monday!
    Much love, Len
    http://www.lenparent.com
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  29. Love love love the bag! Perfect for work and any day really!
    I hope you've had a wonderful start to 2018.

    ReplyDelete
  30. Love your summer office looks, those lace skirts are really beautiful. And this blue structured bag of yours caught my attention too, so pretty and would hold a lot of stuff. Hope you're enjoying the start of the new year so far. I'm back to work since yesterday. Enjoy the rest of your holidays babe.

    www.busyandfab.com

    ReplyDelete
  31. I love your bag it's so smart! Great cheerful workwear! x

    ReplyDelete
  32. Looks super cute! I love all the looks.
    https://sugarcoatedbears.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  33. Such lovely outfits for the office. Love love love the lace pencil skirt.

    Have a great week ahead.

    Gemma x
    www.jacquardflower.uk

    ReplyDelete
  34. Love a blazer + pencil skirt combo- such a great summer office look!

    -Ashley
    Le Stylo Rouge

    ReplyDelete
  35. Love that bag!
    Angie
    http://www.thefashionfuse.com/

    ReplyDelete
  36. Both outfits were already great, but I agree, adding a blazer takes both looks to more business-y look. I love a good blazer and this one is a staple. So is that perfect purse!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! A blazer is a good go-to for work.

      Delete
  37. Oh my what a lovely bag. I liked it with the first look but even better with the second look. I probably wear things a lot more than twice the first month I buy them. You look great!

    http://www.fashionablyidu.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do sometimes, it depends on how often I do laundry, haha! It's a good way to stop me buying things for 'later' and makes sure I'm buying things I'll wear right away.

      Delete
  38. I can't wait for Summer again! Tired of the cold already. You look great in these outfits and I like the lace skirts. Wish you a great week.

    www.zinnyfactor.com

    ReplyDelete
  39. I love both the skirts. They're such lovely patterns and I love how you've pared the second one with mustard yellow. I'm jealous of your leave!

    Corinne x
    www.skinnedcartree.com

    ReplyDelete
  40. I love how you combine colours in your outfit, Mica:) Honestly, I actually preferred your second outfit more. Yellow and blue look fab on you:)

    ReplyDelete
  41. So I love a good blazer! It can be worn with pants, jeans and skirts. You look gorgeous in both looks!

    http://www.mylittlenest.org

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I need to wear mine more with jeans, it's a combo I don't wear often enough! :)

      Delete
  42. I really like the green necklace with the lower outfit, Mica. I think it breaks up the matchy matchy aspect. Maybe if you had a green purse or earrings, then it would feel more tied in?
    I love how you try to get a lot of wear out of your pieces---I need to do that more!
    XOXO
    Jodie
    www.jtouchofstyle.com

    ReplyDelete
  43. So jealous that you are in full summer mode meanwhile in Canada we are freezing our butts off! We were just sitting at -30 degrees!!! But I love your color as always they always look so good on you with color!

    www.petiteandpretty.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow I can't even imagine being that cold, brr!

      Delete
  44. that lace skirt looks so pretty on you. Both color combos are unexpected (at least for me) but they sure look great
    x,abril
    The Color Palette

    ReplyDelete
  45. Yay for offices with relaxed dress codes. I love the bright colours, especially yellow because it is one of my favourite colours at the moment.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I love the relaxed dress code, gives me so many options for work outfits! :)

      Delete
  46. When I used to work in an office I always stuck with blacks or greys and I love that your outfits here are all really bright and colourful! I think it makes such a different to your mood, especially at work where you may not be having the time of your life already! Happy New Year lovely! Hope 2018 is great to you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a fun and easy way to give your mood a little boost :)

      Delete
  47. How adorable is this office wear? I adore your Rebecca Minkoff tote too!

    Jessica | notjessfashion.com

    ReplyDelete
  48. Sorry you were having a bad day, that's no fun at all. I think you styled the outfit just fine though, both look good! And I'm glad you were cheered up after by your boys, that's always special!

    Raindrops of Sapphire

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lorna. The boys make everything better :)

      Delete
  49. Loving those bright colors on you dear. Your outfits are really refreshing. Love the skirts too.

    Jessica | notjessfashion.com

    ReplyDelete
  50. I love the pop of yellow with the blues in the first outfit!

    ReplyDelete
  51. Mica I absolutely loved both looks and think that the necklaces were superb additions as they totally elevated both outfits.
    Oh and I am SO behind in the blog, it's still 2017 there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lorena :) Glad I'm not the only one a little behind with outfits!

      Delete
  52. Thank you all for your comments and input on the second outfit that I wasn't too sure about :)

    ReplyDelete
  53. Your outfits are so chic! I especially love the color combo in the first one. That pop of color with the turquoise is fantastic.

    ReplyDelete

Your feedback on my outfits and any constructive criticism is welcomed. I appreciate the time you take to leave a kind comment. Make sure to tick 'Notify me' if you've asked a question so you get an email response :)

Feel free to leave a link to your blog so I can check it out. "Follow me" or "follow for follow" comment spam will not be published.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...