Monday 22 June 2020

Kimonos In Winter With Skinny Jeans, Grey Tees and Converse

Sticking with the jeans and tee outfit formula that has been on repeat lately - it's perfect for winter days! To mix things up a little, I'm wearing some slightly different colour schemes with grey tees, red (and burgundy) jeans, and then some very different kimonos to suit the different temperatures that week!

What I wore:


Jacket: Jeanswest Melanie floral kimono
Necklace: Target silver Alisha trinity pendant necklace
Top: thrifted Cotton on grey tunic tee
Jeans: thrifted Emerson red skinny jeans
ShoesConverse Chuck Taylor All Star low in black
BagRebecca Minkoff MAB Camera Bag in almond

Why I wore it:

I was glad it was a warm day to give me another chance to wear this duster kimono - I picked it up in the January sales and while it was a complete impulse buy I've been liking how easy it's been to integrate into my wardrobe. I've used the colours in the prints to match it to yellow and a different shade of red before, I knew it would make a great matchy-matchy combo with these red skinny jeans.

Like the skinny jeans that were a thrift find, this grey tunic was another opshop find. And since I got it in a "fill a bag for $5" sale it works out to about 63 cents! With the bright jeans and the printed kimono I thought a nice neutral grey tee was a great piece to wear in between and I was hoping the thrifted pieces would bring me luck at the opshop! I really liked the silver necklace with this outfit too, even if the hardware on the Rebecca Minkoff MAB camera bag is gold.

After the school drop off the little one and I headed out to our recently reopened opshop. There were a few new rules, such as using hand sanitiser and wearing the provided gloves, but it's a small store so actual social distancing was tricky! I bought a couple of things - a book for myself and some DVDs and a PJ masks playset for the kids. I didn't get a chance to look at much else as my son was fairly insistent that we had to pay for the toy and take it home right away so he could play with it 😂 It is missing a few pieces based on what I can find online but it was just $2 so I wasn't going to say no!


Last worn: floral duster kimono, grey tunic tee, silver necklace, red skinny jeans, Converse, Rebecca Minkoff MAB camera bag.

Other ways to wearfloral duster kimono and shorts, grey tunic tee and pencil skirt, red skinny jeans and peplum tee, Converse and printed dresses, Rebecca Minkoff MAB camera bag and matching boots.

Perfect for pregnancyConverse in second trimester.


Rebecca Minkoff Mini MAC vs MAB Camera Bag







What I wore:



JacketRebecca Minkoff Ruana poncho
Necklace: Colette tortoise shell acrylic disc tassel necklace
TeeAtmos&Here charcoal grey v neck tee
Jeans: Jeanswest Harper skinny pant in Russet
ShoesConverse Chuck Taylor All Star low in black
BagRebecca Minkoff striped coated canvas mini MAC in berry stripe

Why I wore it:

Unlike the kimono above, this was made for winter! Last time I wore it it was much too warm, but when the winter weather arrived again later in the week this was the perfect outfit. I wore this to work from home, and to pop out in the afternoon to pick up some party supplies for my son's upcoming birthday party.

This poncho / kimono is just a big cosy knitted blanket so it was perfect for the cooler evening and so comfortable for working from home. But a more dressed up option than an actual blanket or my usual go-to bathrobe 😂

This darker grey tee is one of my favourites and it was definitely overdue a wear again! With the darker grey I thought these burgundy skinny jeans were a good accompaniment. The woven kimono makes enough of a statement on its own but I couldn't resist adding a couple extra prints with the striped Rebecca Minkoff mini MAC bag and the tortoiseshell necklace.

The only downside to this outfit was that I kept getting the kimono caught on things all day!


How You Can Wear It:

Kimonos are fun ways to add more interest to a plain shorts and tee outfit. While a longer sleeved duster kimono might work on a warmer winter day, a cosy knitted version comes in helpful on the colder days!




Weekday Wear Linkup #76


Welcome to the Weekday Wear linkup! A linkup for you to share your weekday outfits - whether that is office wear or stay at home mum wear - if you wore it on a weekday, you can link it up!

Guidelines:
1. Please link to a specific outfit post, not your blog homepage.
2. Link back to this post so others can find the link up.
3. Follow your host Away From The Blue on BloglovinInstagramTwitterFacebook or YouTube.
4. Add up to two posts and be sure to visit and comment on as many other posts as possible to get some weekday outfit inspiration!
Optional: tweet the post you linked up with the hashtag #weekdayWearLinkUp so I can retweet!


Subscribe for The Weekday Wear Linkup reminder emails







Follow Away From the Blue on:
Bloglovin
Twitter : Instagram Youtube : Facebook : LikeToKnow.It 

87 comments:

  1. You always find great bargains, that grey tunic for 63 cents is a steal :). I love items that are easy to work in with what you already have, it makes them great value :).

    xo Sarah | Oomph London

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are right Sarah. If I get that for 63 cents here, it's almost like a giveaway!
      Not to mention that it really looks pretty!



      Swan Lover
      Unicorn Lover

      Delete
    2. Yes I love that the opshop has the "fill a bag for $5" sale, you get more bargains the more you add to your bag!

      Delete
  2. I love that first kimono - so colorful and pretty with your red pants! Thanks for the link up Mica!
    xo,
    Kellyann

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your casual style with the kimonos. They would only be Winter wear in Brisbane. Many thanks for hosting, enjoy your week Mica.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha yes I love when we have winter days that feel more like summer! :)

      Delete
  4. I am just so amazed at your awesome opshop finds, Mica! I wish there was one close to us, but all we have is a Salvation Army one and their clothes are not the best...sigh...
    Anyhoo, love both outfits as always, and I am sooooo wanting that poncho/kimono now:D That's perfect for Canada!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is so nice and cosy! I wish more of the opshop stores had reopened around me, so I could opshop more! Some are still closed with the virus.

      Delete
  5. I like both of these outfits a lot!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Coloured pants and a t-shirt are always a solid combo - and I really like that darker grey tee of yours as well, it's a lovely colour paired with those red pants.

    Courtney ~ Sartorial Sidelines

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your kimonos are so pretty! The first one is my favorite with the red pants! Have a great week!

    Jill - Doused in Pink

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your kimonos, they work so well as an extra layer of warmth and style! I'm also a fan of your RB camera-bag it's the perfect size and shape! Thanks for the link up, and have a good week!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love both kimonos but I am drawn towards the second one because it is unlike any of mine: I like the black and white (very classy) and that it is a winter one! As usual, you found some awesome deals!
    www.chezmireillefashiontravelmom.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's the only knit one I have and I find it so warm and cosy! :)

      Delete
  10. Yes, I imagine that social distancing is harder in a small store and shopping with kids is never easy. It is good that you were still able to buy some things.

    I love both of your outfits with jeans. I cannot say which one is my favourite, they are both amazing. The red skinny jeans look great paired with a kimono. You look lovely in both of these combos.

    Have a great week ahead!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it was good to visit, even with the restrictions!

      Delete
  11. A kimono is one of my favorite ways to dress up an outfit. I love the first one, the colors are beautiful!
    Debbie
    www.fashionfairydust.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Loving both of those kimonos, so cozy chic for the cooler weather <3

    Green Fashionista

    ReplyDelete
  13. I didn't realize there were kimonos made for winter. I'm glad you were able to get out to the opshop. That's on my to-do list, just haven't made time for it yet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was nice to have a browse, I missed it in iso! :)

      Delete
  14. These are such great looks for your mild winter weather! Wish our winters were mild like that! The kimono prints are so perfect for the colder months! And loving your colored jeans!
    Thanks for hosting the linkup each Monday!
    Ellibelle's Corner

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I always get so happy to see a mild winter day so I don't have to layer too much! :)

      Delete
  15. Your outfits are always so fantastic. I love that you play with colour, print, and layering with your kimonos. They are the perfect additions! I especially love that first outfit. So so pretty! Also, I'm glad you were able to find some wonderful things at the opshop. That is always really exciting.
    the creation of beauty is art.

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is exactly what I need to keep in mind when it cools down. I rarely think about them in the colder months, yet they can be perfect.
    XOXO
    Jodie
    www.jtouchofstyle.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. I like so much your floral kimono Mica. Happy day!
    https://chicchedimamma.com/

    ReplyDelete
  18. You always the best deals! I mean, look at that price!
    Plus I love that Kimono.
    Looking effortless as usual!
    xxx

    https://ooomaye.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. Loving both of these cute converse looks!

    Amy Ann
    Straight A Style

    ReplyDelete
  20. You are the Queen of Kimonos, Mica! That first one's print is awesome and goes so well with your wardrobe. That's how I create outfits: by picking a colour in a print and going from there.

    Love the poncho in the second outfit - it looks very cosy.

    I'm glad you made it into and op-shop. I prefer wearing a mask when I'm in a store where we can't control physical distancing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Masks are only recommended here if you are sick - so I'm not sure I'd be allowed into a store if I was wearing one, if that makes sense?

      Delete
  21. Love the first look, beautiful kimono and perfect combination!

    jointyicroissanty

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hello, how are you?
    I love kimonos so I am suspicious I love all looks with kimonos, I like them floral or plain they embellish a look !!
    Thank you for letting me participate in your link up, it's always an honor !!
    xoxo

    marisasclosetblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  23. I like red trousers so much and i need to buy new one :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. Kimonos are such a great layering piece, especially when you live in a warmer climate. And I can't believe you got that top for 63 cents—that's amazing!
    Cheryl Shops | www.cherylshops.net

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes the fill a bag for $5 sales are the best, I hope the store reopens soon to do another sale like that!

      Delete
  25. I love how cozy that second kimono looks, but I also love the color combination in the first look--the colors are so bright and fun!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Ya for being able to thrift again.

    http://www.amysfashionblog.com/blog-home

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was so good, I hope more of the stores open up soon!

      Delete
  27. That striped bag is so cute. I love the cute hanging tassels!

    Shauna

    www.lipglossandlace.net

    ReplyDelete
  28. Your kimono collection is so good! Loving the print on this first one!

    I hope you have a fabulous week!

    Amber

    Visit AvecAmber.com

    Follow Avec Amber on Bloglovin

    ReplyDelete
  29. I'm loving the extra red denim inspiration! I hope you had a wonderful weekend and great start to your week!

    ReplyDelete
  30. I love kimonos! Your are both really gorgeous!

    Life is a Shoe

    ReplyDelete
  31. Such cute looks, Mica! I lovvvve colored pants, and the second outfit is too cute. Hope you're having a great day!

    Miles of smiles,
    Grace

    gracefulrags.com

    ReplyDelete
  32. These are such cute outfits, Mica! I love the floral kimono, but both are so cute! The floral kimono looks great styled with those red jeans. I hope your son's bday party goes well! :)

    Jill
    https://jilliancecilia.com/

    ReplyDelete
  33. Kimonos are super versatile. They look great in any season! xx

    Elegant Duchess xx
    https://www.elegantduchess.com/

    ReplyDelete
  34. Lovely looks! I really like the look of that brown leather RM bag you have, goes with every outfit xx

    Naya
    www.nayatilly.com

    ReplyDelete
  35. I love it when you wear bright colors! I think it suits your personality and looks wonderful overall. love your converse comfort

    ReplyDelete
  36. Converse sneakers give a hip vibe to the outfit, I like it that you wear it with kimonos and cute crossbody bags. I hope you're ok up in your state as Victoria is in hot waters of new cases right now.

    www.busyandfab.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What's happening in Victoria is a bit scary! I think we will stay home more - as you can see from the post I was just starting to get out more and browse stores for fun but I might need to step back a bit, it's shown us how quickly things can take off again!

      Delete
  37. I love outfits with Converse!
    It is beautiful, I loved it! :)

    https://www.heyimwiththeband.com.br/

    ReplyDelete
  38. You have the best kimonos! I absolutely love your second kimono too. I need more winter-friendly kimonos.

    Glad to hear things are starting to return to normal by you! Hope you have a wonderful week.

    ReplyDelete
  39. What a great idea to wear kimonos over skinny jeans and tees in Winter. Adding a kimono definitely introduces a playful element to your outfits! My favourite outfit is the more colourful first one, but I'm loving the poncho effect of the second kimono. I still have to make it to a charity shop, although they opened over a month ago in Belgium. I would definitely wear a mask, especially in a smaller shop. It's great though that besides the usual hand sanitizer, they also provide gloves! I hope your week is going well, Mica! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it's the only store I've seen that provides gloves but I haven't been to too many stores yet!

      Delete
  40. The red pants made all the difference. I love both outfits.

    ReplyDelete
  41. I love the casual spin a pair of Converse give a look- so fun, Mica!

    -Ashley
    Le Stylo Rouge

    ReplyDelete
  42. I love the combination of jeans, tee and a kimono. You always have such lovely pairings with your kimonos. It makes me want to style mine more often.

    Ekaterina | Polar Bear Style

    ReplyDelete
  43. I just love kimonos and I am wearing them this summer with shorts. Something I am not sure I had ever done before. Maybe once or twice. I have a couple of kimonos that are heavy fabric or darker colors that I consider my fall or winter ones. I just LOVE that first one you featured. What beautiful, rich colors!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can get so many beautifully coloured kimonos! This one was a great sale find :)

      Delete
  44. Your kimonos look so wonderful! Yes, it's really great for the winter season

    xoxo
    Lovely

    http://mynameislovely.com

    ReplyDelete
  45. I love to wear kimonos too! They are such an easy way to add a little flare and dress up any outfit! Thanks for sharing! I hope you're doing well! :)

    melissakacar.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  46. Hello, I joined in laughing reading your child insists on bringing home toys at the store 😅.

    Your black kimono is so cool ..., it's almost like my kimono, the difference is that my kimono has ethnic motives. Have a good day.

    ReplyDelete
  47. You picked in January definitely a wonderful kimono and I like the second kimono as well. Perfect that the second kimono is even made for winter! Both looks are fantastic and the idea to combine colourful denims with kimonos is a great one.
    xx from Bavaria/Germany, Rena
    www.dressedwithsoul.com

    ReplyDelete
  48. My kids would be all over a PJ Masks toy as well - they love that show.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've never seen the show but they watch it at their grandparents and love it!

      Delete
  49. I love kimonos! Thanks for sharing your outfit ideas with us :)

    Shoot for the stars | ☆ ☆ ☆ | Facebook page | ☆ ☆ ☆ | Instagram

    ReplyDelete
  50. It's still so weird to me that it's is winter there and summer here, like I know it logically but it's odd I guess for me to think about because right now I am always so hot, but then again it could be winter here and I will still be hot lol. I really love both of the outfits you made them work so well together. I need to find some kimonos like that they are so cute, I love them.

    love is zero

    ReplyDelete
  51. The best thing about kimonos is, that you can wear them always (no matter which season). You just need to combine them good :)
    I love the second one so much.

    take a look at my BLOG and my INSTAGRAM

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it's easy to layer them for not so cold winter days!

      Delete
  52. Loving both of these looks! I have been extra into kimonos this summer as a fun and easy layer.

    Amy Ann
    Straight A Style

    ReplyDelete
  53. I love the leather bag!!!
    https://www.comfycozyup.com

    ReplyDelete
  54. You look great in these kimonos. A kimono has been my favorite layer for summer here lately.

    ReplyDelete
  55. You look so pretty in both of your outfits Mica. I love the look of kimonos. Enjoy the weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  56. These outfits are giving me life, Mica! I especially love the first kimono you're wearing. Have you ever done a kimono haul? I'm fascinated by your collection.

    x ,
    S | Je M'appelle Chanel

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have filmed a video, I just need to edit it and share it on the blog once I've done so! :)

      Delete
  57. I love both of these outfits, Mica! As always, I'm in love with your floral kimono!

    I hope you're having a great week so far, and have an even better weekend!

    Make Life Marvelous

    ReplyDelete
  58. I would have been so excited at the Op shop! Its great to read things are going back to normal even if its n another country.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I can't wait until they all reopen! :)

      Delete
  59. you look great :) lovely outfits :) i like kimonos :)

    ReplyDelete
  60. I love that cozy blanket kimono! Even though it's almost 90 degrees here, ha. I also love all the foliage in the background of your second pic! How beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Is it wrong that I deliberately parked near it just because I wanted to take a pic there? haha!

      Delete
  61. Thanks all for your comments, and for linking up :)

    ReplyDelete
  62. Hi Mica
    What a perfect bag for the 4th! Love the MAC! The kimono is so cute with this outfit, love the long style.
    jess xx
    www.elegantlydressedandstylish.com

    ReplyDelete

Your feedback on my outfits and any constructive criticism is welcomed. I appreciate the time you take to leave a kind comment. Make sure to tick 'Notify me' if you've asked a question so you get an email response :)

Feel free to leave a link to your blog so I can check it out. "Follow me" or "follow for follow" comment spam will not be published.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...