Friday 19 June 2020

Red And Blue Winter Jeans Outfits With Striped Rebecca Minkoff Mini MAC Bag

Red and blue is a colour combination that's a frequent go-to for me. In winter it makes layering easy! I added touches of red to these black tee and jeans outfits with a red item of clothing and a little red striped bag, and then a blue scarf for extra warmth and colour. Simple, colourful and quick outfits to pull together for the school run!

What I wore:

moncohrome black tee grey skinny jeans converse outfit with red cardigan striped bag cobalt scarf | away from blue

Rebecca Minkoff striped coated canvas mini MAC in berry stripe with red cardigan | away from the blue


Jacket: Jeanswest waterfall drape cardigan in scarlett marle
ScarfMarc by Marc Jacobs bright blue stole
Tee: Atmos & Here black essential v-neck tee
Jeans: Jeanswest Cecile dove grey skinny jeans
ShoesConverse Chuck Taylor All Star low in black
BagRebecca Minkoff striped coated canvas mini MAC in berry stripe

Why I wore it:

Jeans and a tee has been a staple outfit for me lately! I thought I'd give these skinny jeans a wear, as I hadn't worn them yet this winter. With the black tee it was a bit of a dull monochrome outfit so I added extra colours with my layers. This red waterfall cardigan was a nice compliment with the red striped Rebecca Minkoff mini MAC bag, and I really like how the red works with the cobalt blue of the scarf! It's a fun combination.

Wore this for the school run and a few errands. It was a bit chilly in the morning but had warmed up a lot by the afternoon, I contemplated taking my scarf off a few times.


Last worn: red waterfall cardigan, Marc Jacobs cobalt scarf, black v-neck tee, grey skinny jeans, Converse, Rebecca Minkoff berry stripe mini MAC.

Other ways to wearred waterfall cardigan and pencil skirt, Marc Jacobs cobalt scarf and skater dress, black v-neck tee over a dress, grey skinny jeans and leopard print, Converse and maxi skirt, Rebecca Minkoff berry stripe mini MAC and chambray skirt.

Perfect for pregnancyConverse in second trimester, Rebecca Minkoff berry stripe mini MAC in third trimester.


Rebecca Minkoff Canvas vs Leather Mini MAC Comparison:





What I wore:



double denim jacket with red skinny jeans navy star print scarf striped bag | awayfromblue

Rebecca Minkoff striped coated canvas mini MAC in berry stripe with red skinny jeans | awayfromtheblue


Jacket: Jeanswest Kitty denim biker jacket
Scarf: Target Simone woven scarf in navy foil stars
Tee: Jeanswest black scoop neck tee
Jeans: thrifted Emerson red skinny jeans
ShoesConverse Chuck Taylor All Star low in black
BagRebecca Minkoff striped coated canvas mini MAC in berry stripe

Why I wore it:

Again, a black tee outfit with jeans, a touch of red and a blue scarf. I like pairing this denim jacket with the red skinny jeans - two completely different colours of denim is my fave way to do double denim! These jeans will be featuring in a 30 wears post soon too, as I've now worn them 30 times!

This scarf was definitely overdue a wear - it still had the tags on from when I got it for Christmas! So wrong that it hasn't been worn yet, it's beautiful. As I had the denim jacket on top keeping me warm I didn't need an overly thick scarf and this navy one with silver foil stars was perfect! I liked the way the navy went with the red jeans and black tee too.

I think the stars and stripes were far enough apart that this didn't look like an American 4th July outfit either! Had a busy morning after the school run, looking for the finishing touches for a costume for my son at the nearest Westfield. I haven't been in a shopping centre for a few months, although I know it's been open through iso. I felt a bit uncomfortable with everyone getting so close and not distancing, but thankfully we quickly found what I needed and didn't spend a lot of time there!


How You Can Wear It:
Red and blue is a colour combination that really works, no matter what shade of blue you wear. The red cardigan looks great with the cobalt blue scarf, and the red skinny jeans work with the pale blue denim jacket as well as the navy scarf.



Follow Away From the Blue on:
Bloglovin
Twitter : Instagram Youtube : Facebook : LikeToKnow.It 

48 comments:

  1. Love red and blue together. This reminds me that soon the american independence day is coming and I will be adding to this combination white as well. So fun!

    www.fashionradi.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes that's a fun combo for Americans to wear then, with added white!

      Delete
  2. Both forms of the jacket you wear are just as cool. Especially the jacket model number 2.
    Have a nice weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You've inspired me Mica - I really like the denim jacket with the red jeans :). I usually mostly wear black haha but you've inspired me to add little bits of colour to an outfit.

    xo Sarah | Oomph London

    ReplyDelete
  4. The cardigan adds a nice pop of color! I always like something a little bright with darker colors too. Your scarves remind me of how much I love mine but this winter was so mild I hardly had the chance to wear them.
    Hope you have a great weekend Mica!
    xo,
    Kellyann

    ReplyDelete
  5. Red and blue are a great and fun color combination indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi girl! Your dog is so cute hahah! I love that he/she's joining in the outfit shoot fun. Both outfits are super cozy and I really adore the pops of bold colors you brought into them. The striped bag is super chic! I'd wear both outfits now as it's been raining consistently for a few days and this tropical girl can't take it :D Hope you're having a lovely weekend and staying healthy and safe :) xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes we are missing that dog already (she's gone to live with her family now)

      Delete
  7. I love both outfits! Red and blue are a happy color combination!
    Your bag is so lovely, too<3

    akiko
    www.akikohiramatsu.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my goodness, that red cardigan is gorgeous! What a fantastic piece. Both of these layered looks are just stunning.
    the creation of beauty is art.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love both of these! The cardigan is beautiful and I really love that star scarf too! Great layering.
    www.chezmireillefashiontravelmom.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the colour combo or red and blue! You look great!
    Thanks again for for visiting my blog and leaving a sweet message, I'll always try to return the love and support! <3

    ReplyDelete
  11. These looks fab and ideal for the cooler weather. And loving the pooch <3

    ReplyDelete
  12. Woops! I don't know if my comment went thru so sorry if I'm repeating. Thanks for the great video. I've often wondered how the canvas holds up. I have a leather one that I've loved for years and its still going strong. Thanks for the video! Hope you have a great weekend! xo~sherry
    https://justlivejoy.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for taking the time to leave another comment after the first didn't work :)

      Delete
  13. Blue and red is fun to pair. Nice look
    How are you planning to spend the weekend?

    https://www.melodyjacob.com/2020/06/preparing-for-summer-with-newchic.html

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great outfits, Mica! I really like how your accessories (scarves, bag) elevated your looks. You can't go wrong with bold primary colours - that red cardi is amazing.

    Have a great weekend, my dear!

    ReplyDelete
  15. It's really such a gorgeous color combination Mica!! I love them both.
    XOXO
    Jodie
    www.jtouchofstyle.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. I just love these colors on you. The red is so fantastic. Hope you guys have a great weekend!!

    Shauna

    www.lipglossandlace.net

    ReplyDelete
  17. This whole look is soooo cute! I love it!

    - Cielo
    Mermaid in Heels

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love that red Cadigan! Great outfits!
    xxxx

    https://ooomaye.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love red in any season, but particularly in Winter it can be a real pick-me-up. Love the waterfall cardi in your first outfit, and the red skinnies in the second are a real eye-catcher. That stripy bag is very cute! I hope you're having a fun weekend, Mica! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love your red cardi! How many Rebecca Minkoff bags do you own? I'd love to see your collection x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A few, haha! You can see my handbag collection with the link at the top of my blog :)

      Delete
  21. Yes adding adding interest with pops of color and fun prints like stars can really elevate an average look to another level.Love!

    Allie of
    www.allienyc.com

    ReplyDelete
  22. Such a beautiful outfit. I like combination of red and blue and your dog look so cute.

    New Post - https://www.exclusivebeautydiary.com/2020/06/shelas-rotating-makeup-organiser.html

    ReplyDelete
  23. Your outfits look so cute and perfect for the cooler weather.
    Thanks for the blog visit and have a nice weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Great outfits. I love the bag :)

    ReplyDelete
  25. The red and blue suits you really well!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Red and blue is one of my favorite color combinations, I love that bag!
    Don't Call Me Fashion Blogger
    Facebook
    Bloglovin'

    ReplyDelete
  27. Thanks for your sharing 😊 have a lovely day 😊

    ReplyDelete
  28. What a cute bag, the stripes are perfect for summer xo

    Makeup Muddle

    ReplyDelete
  29. Great review and beautiful photos! :)

    https://elenabienvenido.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  30. These are such fun outfits! I love the pretty pops of red! It's been very warm here, so no scarves/long pants for us, haha.

    ReplyDelete
  31. Such a cute bag and red & blue is always a lovely color combo!
    Kisses, Paola.


    Expressyourself


    My Instagram

    ReplyDelete
  32. Red and blue is such a striking color combination. It's no wonder it's one of your go-to's. You have such a fab collection of RM bags.

    ReplyDelete
  33. I love both of these looks, red and blue work so well together and I love simple layering like this in the cooler months too. Love that the doggo decided to stop by and pose as well x

    Sophie
    www.glowsteady.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  34. Red and blue is a wonderful colour combo. You look great dear.

    ReplyDelete
  35. I love the red in both looks, especially with that blue jacket in the second look. And that striped bag is one of my favorites!

    ReplyDelete
  36. Navy and red is one combo I don't wear a lot of. I actually haven't worn my red pants in a long time.

    http://www.amysfashionblog.com/blog-home

    ReplyDelete
  37. These are such cute outfits! I always forget about my red jeans. I need to pull them out this fall!

    ReplyDelete
  38. I absolutely love the scarf! I also sometimes have items that get lost in the back of my closet until I realize I haven't worn them for months.

    I hope you have a wonderful week.

    Ekaterina | Polar Bear Style

    ReplyDelete
  39. Thanks all for your sweet comments :)

    ReplyDelete

Your feedback on my outfits and any constructive criticism is welcomed. I appreciate the time you take to leave a kind comment. Make sure to tick 'Notify me' if you've asked a question so you get an email response :)

Feel free to leave a link to your blog so I can check it out. "Follow me" or "follow for follow" comment spam will not be published.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...