Friday 25 March 2016

Scarves, Singlets and Maxi Skirts with Rebecca Minkoff Mini MACs

My 900th post! I've been blogging what I've wore for over 4 years now. Crazy to see that's meant 900 posts though, wow! And of course it would end up being a post where I talk about my love of accessories. Scarves, like handbags, are things I can never seem to get enough of.


I've been wearing my maternity singlets and maxi skirts a fair bit, so I've been thinking of ways to try make the outfit combination a little different each time I wear it. Although it's Autumn in Brisbane, the summer heat stuck around for a while and it was 30°C on the days I wore the outfits below. Lightweight scarves were the only layering option I could stand in those temperatures! The scarves help break up the boredom and repetition I've been feeling with my third trimester capsule wardrobe.

What I wore:

Away From Blue | crochet scarf with all black outfit singlet and maxi skirt third trimester

AwayFromTheBlue | Rebecca Minkoff metallic mini MAC silver and pink bracelet stack
Scarf: white Target crochet detail scarf
SingletJeanswest maternity tank in black
Skirt: Target black and white striped maxi skirt
Shoesblack slim Havaianas thongs
Bracelets: the usual plus Hermes pink clic clac and enamel coated Marc By Marc Jacobs Katie bracelet (on sale in rose gold!)
BagRebecca Minkoff metallic silver mini MAC (on sale in black!)

Why I wore it:

Wore this to our regular weekly playgroup session. Last time I'd tried a black tank with this maxi skirt I thought it was missing a little something, and that a scarf would have been a good option.

I really liked this outfit, much preferred the scarf to break up the black a little. Felt happy and comfortable in this all day - and the pink bracelets were a nice way to add just a little bit of colour.


Last worn: crochet detail scarf, black maternity tank, striped maxi skirt, Havaianas, metallic mini MAC.

Other ways to wearcrochet scarf and chambray dress, black maternity tank and denim shorts, striped maxi skirt and a graphic tee, Rebecca Minkoff mini MAC worn as a clutch.


More cute and colourful Rebecca Minkoff Mini MACs (most on sale!):







What I wore:

Away From Blue | Maternity singlet and maxi skirt combo with red accessories skull scarf and mini MAC

AwayFromTheBlue | Rebecca Minkoff striped coated canvas mini MAC in berry stripe
SingletJeanswest maternity tank in white
SkirtJeanswest plain jersey black maxi skirt
Shoesblack slim Havaianas thongs
Bracelets: the usual plus Hermes Kelly double tour bracelet in rubis
BagRebecca Minkoff striped coated canvas mini MAC in berry stripe

Why I wore it:

Another playgroup outfit! Being on maternity leave, I'm looking for new places to go with toddler T until the baby arrives, so we checked out another local group that we hadn't been to before, as well as running a couple of errands.

Felt this mini MAC hadn't been worn in a while, and with the red stripes it tied in nicely with the red skull print scarf.


Last worn: red skull scarf, white maternity tank, jersey maxi skirt, Havaianas (above), Rebecca Minkoff canvas mini MAC.

Other ways to wearred skull scarf to dress up a SAHM outfit, white maternity tank and denim shorts, jersey maxi skirt and a graphic teeboho dress and Rebecca Minkoff mini MAC.






Have a wonderful Easter. If you are celebrating God's great victory and the gift of life, or if you are just enjoying the food and family festivities I hope it's a relaxing and enjoyable time for you.



Linking up with Friday Faves, Passion 4 Fashion, The Ultimate Rabbit Hole, Shoe & Tell, Let It Shine.



Follow Away From the Blue on:
Bloglovin
Twitter : Instagram Youtube : Facebook : Google Plus : LikeToKnow.It 

56 comments:

  1. Hooray for accessories! They really do have immense power when it comes to styling. The smallest touch of something can elevate and transform the standard norm uniform. I'll have to revisit my scarf collection, I have quite a few myself, though they've been playing hide and seek in my wardrobe lol. BTW congrats on the 900th post! I've been blogging for a little under that myself and can't say I've come close to the amount of content you've published. Keep up the amazing work and have a wonderful Easter.

    Sxx
    www.daringcoco.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sonia! I think it's easy to hit 9000 posts when you're just sharing an outfit, new material every day, haha!

      I agree with you on the power of accessories too :)

      Delete
  2. Love the bag and the styling!!
    Have a lovely weekend :)
    Rosanna x
    Rose's Rooftop

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look beautiful in these outfits. And wow 900 posts __ that's amazing. Have a lovely weekend. xx
    Nina
    http://www.ninasstyleblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Both scarves are too cute! And I love the little crossbody bags you've added to each outfit. That silver one can be so easily dressed up or down, I bet!

    https://forsevenseasons.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is such a functional bag, really does go with everything! :)

      Delete
  5. Wow! Congratulations on 900 posts! That is amazing! Love the pretty scarves you added. They really help to mix up your outfits! The second scarf is just gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was nice to have a little bit of variety by adding them! Feeling uninspired in the third trimester, haha!

      Delete
  6. You are glowing -- so pretty! Love both bags, but the striped bag is my fave!

    xx
    Jen
    http://belledecouture.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Have a wonderful Easter!! And happy 900th post, that's awesome :) Love the scarves and that fun striped bag!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, happy 900 posts, Mica! I've been reading you for most of those, I think! Congratulations on keeping it up with a toddler, too!

    Lovely outfits - great idea to add the scarves.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sheila! It's nowhere near your number, but I'm amazed I've stuck with it so long :) Especially with a toddler! ;)

      Delete
  9. Love the added scarves, gives a great feel to the looks :)

    ARedLip&Love

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations on both 900th post AND a brand new baby boy! Baby T must be so excited being an older sibling :) You have such a sweet lovely family.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Toddler T is loving being an older brother :)

      Delete
  11. Love these outfit and your baby bump so cute.
    My blog: RumelaTheShopaholic

    ReplyDelete
  12. what a great idea to add a light scarf to layer a bit and feel more autumn appropriate. My favorite scarf is the second one
    ,Abril
    The Color Palette

    ReplyDelete
  13. Happy 900th post. Thats a huge milestone! I too have a love for scarfs and have way too many. I should really do a clean out. Happy Easter! X

    ReplyDelete
  14. Have a great Easter too, and celebrate the gift of life recently added to your family! Blogging for 4 years, wow, that is determination. Congrats and to many more years to come!

    Linda, Libra, Loca: Beauty, Baby and Backpacking

    ReplyDelete
  15. You make pregnancy look good, girlfriend! Happy 900th post!

    xx Leah / www.eatpraywearlove.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. It's been a while that I don't read your blog!! You're pregnant !! Soo beautuful! Congrats :) xx

    _Aishettina_

    ReplyDelete
  17. Happy 900th post! Your bump is so precious! Loving the black maxi skirt.

    MY LATEST POST
    bloglovin
    Instagram

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh my gosh, happy 900th post! That is a truly great achievement, and very inspiring for a fellow blogger such as myself. :) <3 I actually had a look at some of your old posts (I had no idea that you've been blogging for four years!!), and you've really come a long way, hun! Here is to many more years of quality blogging. :) Hope you're well! x x Kisses. x

    Kay
    http://shoesandglitter.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kay! Yes some of my early posts are interesting..glad I've got into a groove with it now, really pleased to keep blogging! :)

      Delete
  19. Love both the scarves and that skirt is so gorgeous!!
    http://www.thestyletune.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. Well the Easter bunny really did deliver this year, didn't he? Enjoy your beautiful new baby and this egg-stra special Easter and high five on your 900th post! What an achievement!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Happy 900th post!!! That's amazing Mica! <3

    Loving how you are using the lighter scarves as an accessory! They definitely add a little something and complete the outfit! (And perfect for hiding stains after playgroup! LOL!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! All mums know the mysterious playgroup messes that appear! :)

      Delete
  22. Great post dear! The pictures are beautiful! 4 years blogging is a long time - congrats!
    Happy Easter!
    XO Pisa
    www.inlovewithmyclothes.com

    ReplyDelete
  23. Mica, you are positively glowing! I've been reading your blog for a while now (and just started following) and I must say you are the most composed, well dress pregnant lady every! Congrats on your 900th post! <3
    xx Belle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Belle! I think having a capsule wardrobe really helped!

      Delete
  24. Happy 900th post- what an achievement! I am loving how you've accessorized with scarves in both looks. That first crochet scarf is so pretty

    Rachel xx
    http://www.thedailyluxe.net

    ReplyDelete
  25. Oooh you look so cute with this black and white!!!

    ReplyDelete
  26. I think maxi skirt is a great maternity outfit.
    I started wearing it last week and it looks fun.

    The Bandwagon Chic | Instagram | Bloglovin | Snapchat: bandwagonchic

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a very comfortable maternity outfit :)

      Delete
  27. Beautiful outfit!

    www.susannahzabelle.com

    ReplyDelete
  28. Wow, 900 posts, that's so amazing - congrats!

    I love love the scarf with your first outfit, the detailing is so pretty and I like that it's also light; it really is an accessory! I also forget that I can wear scarves just for the look as opposed for warmth. Love the mini MAC as well, the clasp is really cool :)

    Amazing outfits as usual, Mica!
    Sam | http://mybeautycloud.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it's nice to have a few light scarves I can wear before it cools down - especially as it doesn't seem to be fully Autumn temperatures yet in Brisbane!

      Delete
  29. I wish I could pull off a maxi skirt - I always feel like I'm too short!? You really suit monochrome, very suave!

    Musings & More

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should give them another go! I'm petite but wear them a lot. Do have to get a few of them tailored first ;)

      Delete
  30. yay for endless minkoff bags!!! :D

    Happy Easter Sunday!
    Animated Confessions

    ReplyDelete
  31. Love how you styled these maxi skirts with the scarves! The striped canvas bag is so adorable!! Would love that for my collection ;)
    Christina ♥ https://caliope-couture.com

    ReplyDelete
  32. These light scarves are perfect for switching up an outfit when it's still warm out! Jewelry and bags are always good too, though I'm not sure if that counts in your capsule wardrobe!

    Chelsea
    Chow Down USA
    Instagram

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep I have been using lots of different bags and accessories to compliment the capsule wardrobe! :)

      Delete
  33. Wow 900 posts! That is crazy! Looking great little momma :)

    Erica
    www.pumpsandpushups.com

    ReplyDelete
  34. Mica, really love seeing your fashion journey throughout your pregnancy. This is another great set of maternity looks!

    xo,
    Abby of Life in the Fash Lane

    ReplyDelete
  35. Wow, 900 posts? That is amazing! And I really love your first scarf, it's so unique and fun. You look great in these outfits!

    -Lily from With Love Lily Rose

    ReplyDelete
  36. I'm slightly behind in my blog reading. (; These weekends man. haha Well obviously a huge congrats is in order! Four years and 900 posts is totally something to be proud of! Plus, it helps your looks are always so creatively put together. Rarely do I ever see you repeating an outfit!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kiki! I think changing the accessories a little each time helps make things look different :)

      Delete
  37. Congrats on your 900th post Mica !

    ReplyDelete
  38. Thank you all for your kind comments and congratulations on 900 posts!

    ReplyDelete
  39. Congrats on 900 posts! Wow! I think you should wear maxis and tanks for as long as you like, it's a great combo on you. I'm particularly a fan of your stripy mini MAC, that's such a cute bag!

    ReplyDelete

Your feedback on my outfits and any constructive criticism is welcomed. I appreciate the time you take to leave a kind comment. Make sure to tick 'Notify me' if you've asked a question so you get an email response :)

Feel free to leave a link to your blog so I can check it out. "Follow me" or "follow for follow" comment spam will not be published.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...