Wednesday 25 September 2019

Matching Bags and Scarves With Grey Tees and Striped Maxi Skirts For Spring

Enjoying wearing some of my recnt(ish!) purchases to create some casual and comfortable spring outfits. I love these striped maxi skirts I thrifted back in August and the scarves and bags add the perfect pop of colour for spring.

You might know from reading my blog I love my bright handbags, and I have shared various ways to match them to my outfits before (matching to shoes, matching tees, matching necklaces, etc). Today I'm keeping it simple and matching the accessories together by picking scarves and bags that are similar shades.

What I wore:

mustard yellow scarf and bag with vertical striped maxi skirt grey tee and denim jacket | awayfromblue

Rebecca Minkoff micro Regan satchel in Harvest Gold | awayfromtheblue

awayfromblue Instagram vertical striped maxi skirt with grey tee mustard yellow accessories matching scarf and bag
Jacket: Bubblegum denim jacket
Scarf: Fashion Scarf Girl plain crinkle scarf in mustard (new purchase)
Tee: thrifted Cotton on grey tunic tee
Skirt: thrifted SES Fashions vertical stripe maxi skirt
ShoesMarc by Marc Jacobs metallic mouse flats
BagRebecca Minkoff micro Regan satchel in Harvest Gold

Why I wore it:

I was hopeful that this mustard crinkle scarf would pair nicely with my little mustard Rebecca Minkoff micro Regan bag and was so pleased to see they look great together! While not the exact same shade I think they compliment each other nicely, and were a fun combo with the neutral outfit. As it was a cooler morning, I added the denim jacket to the slouchy grey tee and vertical striped maxi skirt. We had church in the morning too, which is often a little colder with the aircon so the denim jacket was a good choice. Even if I did take it off after church in the heat of the day.

Even though the bag has silver hardware, I thought the gold mouse flats went nicely with the mustard accessories - and they are such fun shoes to wear!


Last worn: denim jacket, mustard crinkle scarf, grey tunic, gold mouse flats, mustard micro Regan bag. First time I've worn the vertical striped maxi skirt on the blog as it's a recent purchase.

Other ways to weardenim jacket and dress, grey tunic and pencil skirt, gold mouse flats and wrap dress, mustard micro Regan bag and jeans.

Perfect for pregnancydenim jacket in second trimestergold mouse flats in third trimester.


ICYMI: What I Bought For Spring / Summer:







What I wore:

grey tee with pinstripe maxi skirt neon mini MAC bag and pink diamond scarf | away from blue

Rebecca Minkoff neon pink mini MAC and pinstripe maxi skirt | away from the blue

awayfromtheblue Instagram monochrome grey maxi skirt tee outfit with neon pink mini mac and scarf accessories
ScarfFashion Scarf Girl pretty pink diamond scarf (new purchase)
TeeAtmos&Here charcoal grey v neck tee
Skirt: thrifted pinstripe maxi skirt (new purchase)
ShoesWalnut Melbourne 'Ava' black lizard ballet flats
BagRebecca Minkoff neon pink mini MAC

Why I wore it:

Another simple grey tee and striped maxi skirt with some colourful accessories! This beautiful diamond print scarf has so many colours in it, but I knew I wanted to try wearing it with the equally bright neon pink mini MAC bag. I really liked the two pieces together, and they were the perfect touch with the outfit. The pinstripe maxi skirt always seems so grey in pics, even though it's a fine navy pinstripe. This paired with the darker grey v-neck tee made it a bit monochrome, so the pink was fun to break up the grey a bit!

Simple and colourful outfit for a day with the boys - we spent some time at the playground, library, and a quick visit to our old house, so a pretty busy day.


Last worn: grey tee, black ballet flats, neon pink mini MAC bag. First time I've worn the diamond print scarf and maxi skirt on the blog as they are recent purchases.

Other ways to weargrey tee and olive pants, black ballet flats and sheath dress, neon pink mini MAC bag and printed jeans.

Perfect for pregnancygrey tee in second trimester, black ballet flats in second trimester.


Grey Tees Under $50:



How You Can Wear It:

A grey tee is a wardrobe staple, and looks great with a striped maxi skirt. To add some colour to the neutrals, you can go for bright and bold scarves, with matching bags to make your outfit even more colourful. Perfect for spring.


Linking up with Fancy Friday, Fabulous Friday, Weekend Wear.



Follow Away From the Blue on:
Bloglovin
Twitter : Instagram Youtube : Facebook : LikeToKnow.It 

54 comments:

  1. It is great when the bag matches that perfectly with the bag as you managed it with both of your looks! I like both outfits and I understand that you felt good in them! And I think the first look was perfect for church and the second look for a day with your kids.
    xx from Bavaria/Germany, Rena
    www.dressedwithsoul.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love both these looks - the scarf and bag combinations are perfect!
    I really love the pink diamond scarf
    Julia x
    https://www.thevelvetrunway.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love both looks but the second one is my fave with that gorgeous scarf. Love the pop of colors!

    https://www.kathrineeldridge.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely outfits as always, and the two bags are super cute! They add such a nice pop of colour, and the yellow Regan matches so well with that scarf for sure:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love seeing how you match your bag to your scarf! Such a fun way to brighten up an outfit and these colors are perfect for Spring!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Matching your scarves and bags is such a wonderful idea. All these outfits look gorgeous and love the way you style them. Besides your bag collection is just superb. :-)

    Via | http://glossnglitters.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I adore the pops of color with the scarf and bag!

    ReplyDelete
  8. love how you incorporate the scarves into the outfit looks so good on you
    http://sheismelrose.net/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous look Hun, you look amazing in these pictures! Lovely post as always x

    Grace || www.gracelouiseofficial.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love early spring when you can add some color to a look with a scarf! A fun way to brighten things up!

    -Ashley
    Le Stylo Rouge

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love both looks and the way you coordinated your bags and scarves. What beautiful pops of color with the gray shirts. In the second look, I have a similar skirt and a similar shirt and I never wear them together. I think I'm going to need to try that because it looks super on you. I do think your first look is my favorite.

    Ruth
    www.VogueFauxReal.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad I could inspire you! I hope you try it and love it! :)

      Delete
  12. Love the yellow one so much! Your dog is so cute btw ♥
    xx
    Selina | Selinas Inspiration

    ReplyDelete
  13. Both of these outfits are darling! I absolutely love your mustard crinkle scarf. I can never have too many mustard colored items in my closet, haha. I hope you're having a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the neon pink bag so much! It's so adroable but so cool at the same time!!

    Cats in the City

    ReplyDelete
  15. You have such amazing style. These pieces are layered to perfection.
    the-creationofbeauty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love how you coordinate the colors in your outfits Mica, you are the queen of colors and scarves!! x

    Yiota
    https://pinkdaisyloves.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  17. The blue/yellow combination is a winner, Mica! I love how that gorgeous yellow looks on you. I like the pink too, but the scarf's pattern doesn't show well in pictures (it's not crisply defined). I have a thing about how patterns show up in pictures, and have gotten rid of several prints due to how they photograph (is that weird? LOL). It's me, not you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha no I totally get that! :) I just love that scarf so much!

      Delete
  18. It's funny because growing up it was always about matching your purse and shoes. Yet I think this idea of coordinating the scarf and purse is so much better.
    Love both of these looks Mica,
    XOXO
    Jodie

    ReplyDelete
  19. I give you so much credit for changing you handbag out with each outfit. I have been using the same bag for the last 9 months.

    http://www.amysfashionblog.com/blog-home

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like swapping out my bags frequently to cycle through my collection! :)

      Delete
  20. That striped maxi skirt is so fun--what a great thrift find! And that patterned scarf matches that pink bag perfectly, what a great way to add color to a neutral look.

    ReplyDelete
  21. You have such beautiful bags.
    www.sophieatieno.com

    ReplyDelete
  22. Both looks are so amazing Mica... Love your bags!
    https://chicchedimamma.com/

    ReplyDelete
  23. Both outfits are fab, I really love that bright pink bag, it's gorgeous!! I hope you are having a lovely week :) x

    ReplyDelete
  24. I just love how you matched a yellow scarf with a yellow mustard bag in the first look. The denim jacket, t-shirt and maxi skirt are also fab choices.
    You look pretty and stylish! Lovely t-shirt and maxi skirt combo in the second outfit as well. Very pretty pink scarf and bag. The print on that scarf is really chic.

    ReplyDelete
  25. The skirt really looks grey in the pictures, you are right.

    ReplyDelete
  26. I love both of those maxi skirts, they're so pretty! I've only really started getting into wearing long skirts, but I'm just a little obsessed with wearing them now! Both outfits are lovely.

    Chloe xx
    www.chloechats.com

    ReplyDelete
  27. I love the color combo.
    www.comfycozyup.com

    ReplyDelete
  28. You’ve got nice scarves, the second one looks adorable. I’ve got those mouse flats too from Marc Jacobs, so amusing you’ve got a pair too.

    www.busyandfab.com

    ReplyDelete
  29. I like both combos the yellow and the pink. That pink bag looks so bright x

    Laura
    https://pinkfrenzymissl.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  30. I really like your style and bright color of bags, because I'm also fan of bright colors. These outfits are so beautiful and dog is so cute. Wish you a lot happines in rest of week.

    New Post - http://www.exclusivebeautydiary.com/2019/09/armaniprive-rose-alexandrie_25.html

    ReplyDelete
  31. Love your pink bag, is the star of the look!!
    and yellow my favorite color you look very pretty!!
    xoxo

    marisasclosetblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  32. Two outfits which get my full approval, Mica. You know that I love maxi skirts and a bit of colour ;-) My favourite this time is the more muted of the two, the second one with the blues and pinks. I absolutely love that scarf! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's such a stunning scarf, I can see why it sold out so quickly! :)

      Delete
  33. You always wear scarves so well! Your dog is so cute by the way!

    www.sundaydahlias.com

    ReplyDelete
  34. You have such a lovely collection of scarves and bags! It's always fun to see how you pair them together! Hope you are having a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  35. I love the multicolored scarf so much. It is so versatile.

    ReplyDelete
  36. Very lovely outfits that co-ordinate well together! I love the way you analyse your outfits!! Thank you for sharing!
    Donna 🧚🏻‍♀️❤️πŸ™
    https://donnadoesdresses.com

    ReplyDelete
  37. That neon bag is stunning! Love the mustard and navy combo xx

    Beautylymin | Bee YΓΌ Skincare Bundle Giveaway

    ReplyDelete
  38. i love both pink and yellow, it looks cool. great styling.
    good day.
    New post on My Blog | Instagram | Bloglovin

    ReplyDelete
  39. I love how you scarves compliment your bags so nicely!! Such a cute look!! I hope you are going well xx love the mustard and pink colours :)

    findyourownhope.com

    ReplyDelete
  40. Love the bags and scarfs
    https://www.stylebasket.in

    ReplyDelete
  41. The bags and scarves matching is a great idea! I really love the color of that yellow scarf and it looks great with the striped skirt. Your outfits always look so good!

    x Kara | http://karascloset.net

    ReplyDelete
  42. I always love a good matching accessory, and matching the scarves to the bags is so fun! Love the striped maxi as well.
    Chic on the Cheap

    ReplyDelete
  43. I always love the pairings you put together for your outfits! I found that blue and gold goes really well together. Oooh, I love that you have a pink bag to match your cute scarf too! You always find the best ways to put together an outfit :)

    Nancy ♥ exquisitely.me

    ReplyDelete
  44. I always love the pops of color in your outfits! The hot pink is so fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  45. Thank you all for your sweet comments, I'm glad you liked the colourful accessories!

    ReplyDelete

Your feedback on my outfits and any constructive criticism is welcomed. I appreciate the time you take to leave a kind comment. Make sure to tick 'Notify me' if you've asked a question so you get an email response :)

Feel free to leave a link to your blog so I can check it out. "Follow me" or "follow for follow" comment spam will not be published.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...