Wednesday 16 January 2019

Printed Tees, Denim Shorts and Balenciaga G21 Hardware Bags

When it's a hot and humid weekend, I default to the simple summer outfit: shorts and tee! For something a little different, I'm wearing some printed tees and accessorising with Balenciaga bags.

What I wore:

orange leopard print tee black denim shorts Balenciaga part time bag | awayfromblue

Balenciaga part time bag in black 2010 with SGH | awayfromtheblue

awayfromblue instagram neon orange leopard print tee black denim shorts Balenciaga part time bag
NecklaceJeanswest Taryn turquoise tassel bead necklace
TeeSass and Bide 'New Day Rising' tee in orange leopard print
ShortsJeanswest Sara distressed hot short
Shoesblack slim Havaianas thongs
BagBalenciaga part time in black 2010 with SGH

Why I wore it:

This tee is so rarely worn. It's a bit bold and in your face, being orange leopard print, but it was perfect for the 'orange kisses' style prompt with the style challenge I was doing on Instagram. It's also super soft and so comfortable to wear. While I wear it really sparingly, I was once again reminded of how much I love it, so it's definitely still hanging around in my wardrobe (even if this is only it's fifth wear in 4 years!). Hopefully it doesn't go so long between wears in future!

With the bold orange neon tee I felt simple was best so stuck with black accessories. Black denim shorts, Havaianas, and my black Balenciaga part time bag. Even though the pendant necklace is gold and the studded hardware on my bag is silver, I felt they looked okay together.

This was a simple outfit to take my parents in the airport in the morning and then run a few errands with the boys and pick up some last minute food pieces for a Christmas party in the evening (which I got changed for). Mid January and I'm still posting December pics, eek!


Last worn: orange leopard print tee, tassel pendant necklace, black denim shorts, Havaianas, Balenciaga Part Time Bag.

Other ways to wearorange leopard print tee and flares, black denim shorts and scarf, Balenciaga Part Time Bag in the office.

Perfect for pregnancyBalenciaga Part Time Bag in third trimester.



My Complete Balenciaga Handbag Collection:








What I wore:

print mixing summer shorts tee and kimono outfit with Balenciaga tempete day bag | away from blue

Balenciaga giant hardware Day bag in 2009 tempete | away from the blue

awayfromtheblue instagram balenciaga giant hardware day bag denim shorts print mixing tee kimono summer outfit
JacketChoies red vintage pattern kimono
TeeJeanswest Flavia foil printed polka dot tee deep iris
Shortsthrifted Jeanswest distressed denim shorts
Shoesblack slim Havaianas thongs
BagBalenciaga giant hardware Day bag in 2009 tempete

Why I wore it:

I didn't like this outfit as much as the one above! It was a busy day. There was a threat of a storm all day but we decided to head to the local Christmas markets anyway as I'd seen a stall holder advertising on facebook that I really wanted to check out to pick up the final Christmas gift off my list. Unfortunately, the threat of the storm had meant there weren't as many stall holders as planned and the stall I wanted wasn't there. We found an alternative present, but it wasn't as good as my first choice option, and did mean we had to stop at the shops on the way home to pick up a couple of other little things.

I wanted to try something different and do a little print mixing with this tee - I thought the navy polka dots would be a nice back ground for this red printed kimono. I really like red and navy together. I didn't love this outfit as much as I'd hoped though. The print mixing looked great when I held the pieces up side by side the night before but not so much once I wore them in the morning. Feeling hot and bothered all day with the humidity didn't help me love my outfit any more either, haha!


Last worn: red printed kimono, navy polka dot foil tee, distressed denim shorts, Havaianas (above), Balenciaga Tempete Day bag.

Other ways to wearred printed kimono and jeans, navy polka dot foil tee and cosy cardigan, distressed denim shorts and converse, Balenciaga Tempete Day bag and maxi dress.

Perfect for pregnancyred printed kimono in second trimester, Balenciaga Tempete Day bag in third trimester.



Similar Printed Tees Under $50:





How You Can Wear It

Shorts and a tee is a staple summer outfit for many people! You can add a little more interest by swapping out a plain tee for something bright and bold. A fun printed tee is a nice alternative, while still being just as comfortable. You could even try print mixing like in the second outfit by adding a kimono.

Follow Away From the Blue on:
Bloglovin
Twitter : Instagram Youtube : Facebook : Google Plus : LikeToKnow.It 

73 comments:

  1. this bag is so so stunning. this is so so cool that you can wear shorts for mosty time of the year. In Poland we have a winter season now xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Print tee and denim shorts is my fave comfy look!


    http://www.thequinoxfashion.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Everything looks just perfect and cute on you. I like your bag.
    Wonder Cottage
    The Glossychic

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are still as creative as ever. I like the tee. I usually prefer to pair tees with various styles of skirts - whether pencil, pleated, ankara or jean skirt.

    How have you been Mica?

    amakamedia.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love tees with pencil skirts - although I've had to dress up a little bit more for work recently!

      Delete
  5. I really like the casual relaxed style of the Balenciaga bags. You look great.

    Gemma x
    www.jacquardflower.uk

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a cute outfit! I really like it as well as your collection of Balenciaga bags!
    Blog - http://www.exclusivebeautydiary.com/search/label/en
    YouTube – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uvOerG-LYZk

    ReplyDelete
  7. Both outfits worked IMO, Mica, but I also love the first outfit a tad more just because of that awesome shirt:) You should definitely more it more! It looks fab on you.
    Hope you're having a great day/night:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Emmy! I really do need to wear it more often! :)

      Delete
  8. This is why I love print shirts. When it's too hot to wear necklaces or anything else, they add interest to the outfit!!
    XOXO
    Jodie
    www.jtouchofstyle.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, they are great when you don't want to accessorise! :)

      Delete
  9. Even though you said you didn't quite feel the second look, I must say I love it! The dots and the tribal prints go wonderfully-well together. I really love the orange leopard tee. I think you should wear it more often! It's got a laidback cut to it and from the screen itself, it looks super soft it just gently drapes over you. Hope to see you more in orange! Such a fun color :) xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is such a fun colour to wear, I really should wear it more often :)

      Delete
  10. Love both of these! The printed tees keep it interesting even though you're trying to wear as little fabric as possible in the heat, haha!
    https://www.closet-fashionista.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha yes! it's a great way to add interest while wearing the bare minimum!

      Delete
  11. Love how colorful the first t-shirt is! Great with some energizing colors. Also such a cute print mix in the second outfit. Have to put together an outfit like that soon! Xx

    www.thefashionfolks.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, glad it gave you some inspiration! :)

      Delete
  12. Love these cute fun looks! I love the mix of patterns!

    <3 Shannon 
    Upbeat Soles

    ReplyDelete
  13. You have the best bag collection! It always gives me such envy to see you in shorts when we're currently sitting in -10 degree blowing snow weather! Hope you have a great week!

    Angela
    www.lenorth.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha yes, we have a summer heatwave at the moment!

      Delete
  14. Love your first outfit, with the orange printed tee best. And wow, what a collection of Balenciaga handbags you've got Mica! I'm impressed! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hehe thank you, I do love Balenciaga bags!

      Delete
  15. Both really cute outfits, Mica. I think you did a great job with the pattern-mixing on the last outfit. Maybe it's the scale of the prints that is throwing you off? The polka dot is larger in scale than the kimono's pattern, which causes it to look muddy in pictures.

    I have actually culled all small, busy prints from my wardrobe for the most part - they don't photograph well. Trust your instincts!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sheila - I think you are right! I really appreciate your input, thank you! :)

      Delete
  16. Denim shorts looks good on you, nice bag also
    New:
    https://www.melodyjacob.com/2019/01/how-i-experence-real-love-and-soul.html

    ReplyDelete
  17. That orange top is so cute on you x

    Laura
    https://pinkfrenzymissl.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  18. I think both of these outfits work well but I prefer the first one. That light top with orange details is so cute and it looks great paired with dark shorts and a long necklace. The print mixing in the second outfit is very cute as well but if you didn't feel it, then it's best to find better options for print mixing. Sometimes patterns feel different when we wear them as opposed to seeing them together next to one another. Anyhow, these are lovely summery looks. Interesting to see summery stylings because here it is super cold.

    p.s. I always like your bag options.

    https://modaodaradosti.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ivana - it's try, a flatlay of an outfit can look so different when we wear it! :)

      Delete
  19. The bag is so cute! I can't even imagine wearing shorts right now, it's -1 where I am today x

    Sophie
    www.glowsteady.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  20. I absolutely love the top in the first outfit, Mica! It's so pretty! The colours and print are so vibrant and fun. Perfect for summer! ;) XXX

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is such a fun tee, needs to be worn more!

      Delete
  21. I would love to wear shorts right now, but it is too cold! You look really cute with both outfits. Enjoy the rest of your week! ♥

    PerlaGiselle | iamperlita.com

    INSTAGRAM

    ReplyDelete
  22. Love both of those outfits! Printed tees are so fun!!

    xx Chelsea
    www.organizedmessblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  23. I really love the orange print tee - the turquoise was the perfect accent!
    Chic on the Cheap

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I do like orange and turquoise together :)

      Delete
  24. I like you second outfit a lot. Also you are so right you can never go wrong with a t-shirt and shorts.

    http://www.amysfashionblog.com/blog-home/

    ReplyDelete
  25. You're so creative with your outfits! I think you did a great job with the print mixing. Maybe try with printed bottom next time?

    The Style Intermission

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I actually don't think I've worn this polka dot tee with printed pants - I will need to try that! Thanks :)

      Delete
  26. You have such a good bag colection, I love these looks
    xo
    www.laurajaneatelier.com

    ReplyDelete
  27. I love your chill look :)

    xx Alyssa | STYLE VANITY

    ReplyDelete
  28. I love both outfits! That printed tee is so fun. Sorry to hear your Christmas shopping didn't go according to plan - that can be so frustrating.

    I hope you're having a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, hopefully I find the stallholder again for next year's Christmas present, haha!

      Delete
  29. I prefer the first outfit too, I love the print on the tee and the black items as “backdrop”

    ReplyDelete
  30. You are always do colourful! I love that! Have a great day dear!

    ReplyDelete
  31. I agree, you definitely should wear the top of the first look more often! I understand you loved this look and it is definitely perfect for taking parents to the airport and some errands.
    What happened to you with the 2nd looks sounds familiar to me. Nevertheless, I find the look cute!
    xx Rena
    www.dressedwithsoul.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rena - I really need to wear the tee more often! :)

      Delete
  32. I am not going to lie, I am super jealous of your Summer weather. You look beautiful!

    Laura
    www.blogilluminate.com

    ReplyDelete
  33. Hi Mica
    I, like you, also liked the first look more, and it's super comfortable for a ride to the airport, which is always a slightly stressful place. I loved the tee although you don't use it much, I think you should, it has some bright colors and good energies, as your bags are wonderful!!


    xoxo

    marisasclosetblog.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Marisa! I really do need to wear it more often :)

      Delete
  34. Ooh, I love a good printed tee! Looking so cute + ready for the summer here, babe!

    -Ashley
    Le Stylo Rouge

    ReplyDelete
  35. You always incorporate such wonderful colors in your looks!! Love both of these looks, especially that orange top!!

    Have a great weekend!

    xx, Elise
    www.sparkleandslippers.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  36. These bags are gorgeous!! Hope you're having a great Thursday!!

    www.jessicabroyles.com

    ReplyDelete
  37. Your bag collection is so dope
    New post
    https://www.melodyjacob.com/2019/01/mastering-rihannas-denim-style.html

    ReplyDelete
  38. In one of your posts I read about your yearly budget on fashion. I was wondering, how with that budget you manage to buy Balenciaga bags? Tell us the secret :))

    xoxo,
    https://blog.brigitadaisy.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The majority of these bags were bought before kids when I had a bigger budget, haha! But most were second hand (so much cheaper!) still. The most recent Balenciaga bag I bought was the reason I spent so much in 2017 - almost 10 times what I'd spent the rest of the year! If I want a bag like this I have to stop buying clothes to have the budget set aside for it :) I'm not planning to buy any Balenciaga bags this year so my budget is lower.

      Delete
  39. I just love that orange/white outfit with the fun pop of turquoise from your necklace. And, I love that slouchy black leather bag!! The second outfit is lovely as well, you're great at styling patterned pieces!

    Carrie
    curlycraftymom.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I wasn't too fond of that outfit but I'm glad you liked it :)

      Delete
  40. Both of your outfits are the epitome of an Aussie Summer with your shorts and thongs but dressing them up with your pretty tops and statement bags.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha yes, they are perfect Aussie summer outfits!

      Delete
  41. That Balenciaga bag is a classic! I absolutely adore it. I used to own a Balenciaga bag myself and it was well-worn before I ended up selling it to invest in another piece.

    BLOG | YOUTUBE | INSTAGRAM

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They do age so beautifully! :) It's taken me a lot of buying and selling to get to the collection I have now, I'm very happy with it.

      Delete
  42. You can't go wrong with a fun printed tee! I love the orange one especially--what a fun print/color combo!

    ReplyDelete
  43. Hi Mica! Sorry for the delay in my comments, had such a hectic week! You look lovely as always and I'm always admiring your Balenciaga bags! You have a nice collection!

    Raindrops of Sapphire

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh don't worry at all - I know things get hectic! :)

      Delete
  44. You need to wear that fun orange tee more often! I sometimes (unconsciously) shy away from bolder, brighter colors and prints too, but they are so much fun to wear when I finally give them the chance!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are so fun to wear, I need to give this tee more love!

      Delete
  45. Such a cute look you have here dear! Loving the shorts!
    Jessica | notjessfashion.com

    ReplyDelete
  46. Thank you all for your lovely comments and input on the second outfit I didn't love as much!

    ReplyDelete

Your feedback on my outfits and any constructive criticism is welcomed. I appreciate the time you take to leave a kind comment. Make sure to tick 'Notify me' if you've asked a question so you get an email response :)

Feel free to leave a link to your blog so I can check it out. "Follow me" or "follow for follow" comment spam will not be published.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...