Friday 27 September 2019

Shopping Haul: What I Bought In September & How I've Worn It

So.....after a rather large haul last month I wasn't expecting to buy much of anything this month. I ended up impulse buying quite a few things, with all of the sales going on tempting me!


What I Bought In September: Haul Video




In the video:

  • Kmart teal tassel earrings
  • Kmart mustard gold tassel earrings
  • Kmart teal floral print midi dress
  • Target Preview navy long sleeve collared shirt
  • thrifted cream and navy statement flat bead necklace
  • thrifted black and grey floral crystal statement necklace
  • thrifted statement gunmetal hardware necklace
  • thrifted Equip turquoise cream multi strand bead necklace


Why I Bought It:


With an event looming in October, I needed to find an outfit that fit the dress code. After trying a few options in my wardrobe I decided nothing was quite what I wanted to wear, and so I decided to hit up some local opshops. I had an idea in my head for what I needed to complete my outfit - either an accessory or something to go over my dress.

After spending a week looking for the perfect outfit topper I gave up and decided to go for an accessory instead. The difficulty with looking for necklaces that may work with a formal dress is that you can't wear the formal dress while thrifting, it's a tad overdressed, ha! So I ended up buying a couple of options...and then in the end my mum found the perfect thing in another opshop and bought it for me so I'm not going to wear any of the necklaces I bought to the event! I still like statement necklaces though so expect these to get some wear outside the event, and at just $3 each it was hard to say no.

The Kmart finds were kind of planned. My friend Jess had got an awesome earring haul from the Kmart clearance so I headed into the store to check them out, and ended up spotting this pretty floral dress too reduced to just $12 so that had to come home with me as well!

The Target blouse was a last minute buy at the end of the month - I went into Target to check out the clearance sale and this was reduced from $39 to just $10 so I had to buy it. Luckily for my wallet, none of the other bargains (tops for $5!) I tried on fit right on me.

How I've Worn It:



As you would expect from impulse buys, I didn't manage to wear everything twice to reach my goal of 'wearing things twice in the month I buy them'. A big flag to me that even if it's a bargain I don't need to buy everything I see! I need to take a moment to stop and consider how things will work for my life ahead for the month. After completing #6monthsWithoutShopping 2 years ago I was doing pretty well curbing the impulse buys, I need to make sure I don't fall back into my bad habits!

I do expect I will get wear from these pieces, but statement earrings and necklaces are not everyday wear for me and something I need to be considerate when I wear - pointy pieces are not good when giving toddler cuddles, and big bold necklaces are not the kind of thing I would normally wear to the playground with the kids.

Next month is "Buy Nothing New Month" and it would be great to achieve it this year! I do still have one Jeanswest gift card left from Christmas though...


The 30% off birthday sale at the Iconic is providing me further temptation, as is the Shopbop sale!



Follow Away From the Blue on:
Bloglovin
Twitter : Instagram Youtube : Facebook : LikeToKnow.It 

57 comments:

  1. So many great finds!
    ~Samantha
    http://goldcoastgirlblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad I'm not the only one who get sucked into sales here and there! And I love the visual of you going shopping in your formal dress to make sure the accessories you try on will work! I'm sure you'd get a few funny looks! LOL! Have a great weekend Mica!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like that wearing twice in the month you bought it rule. Need to remember that!
    www.chezmireillefashiontravelmom.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I need to be stricter at following it I think!

      Delete
  4. The blue and white dress is very pretty on you. I'm really proud of you for recognizing the flags on your impulse buying, Mica! I totally get the lure of the sales - it's hard to resist when things are so cheap. I get sucked into that as well, particularly on the 70% off thrift/op-shop racks! I try to ask myself, "Would you buy this at full price?" because I know that if I REALLY love something, the price doesn't matter. It is very hard to resist sometimes!

    I'll be giving my accessories a good "weeding" this weekend when I do my closet swap-over - I try to only keep the things I really, really love.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely, it's so easy to get suckered into the sales, and I'm trying to do better this month! :)

      Delete
  5. What a great haul!The earrings are so cute ;)

    https://mariannyc.com/bye-bye-summer-hair/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Haha oh godddd this kind of post makes me truly understand how nosey I am haha; I LOVE finding out and seeing what people have bought! Have a lovely weekend babe :)

    aglassofice.com x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the roundup of your outfits. The blue dress is really pretty!

    Anika | thebibliofleur.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. You got some great bargains. 6 months without shopping sounds like an amazing challenge. Great point about checking your impulses even if it's a good price though x

    Sophie
    www.glowsteady.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a fun challenge, but I need to not slip back into bad habits and undo all the hard work I did, haha!

      Delete
  9. You are the queen of thrift shop/op shop shopping, Mica:) Love your haul, and the necklaces are awesome. I can see why they boys love playing with that blue and white one:D When the kids were younger, I couldn't wear necklaces coz they grabbed them too.
    Hope you have an awesome weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do love a good opshop! Same as my mum and grandparents, haha!

      Delete
  10. All the items you got are really pretty! I love that floral midi dress. The color looks beautiful on you! I hope you have a great weekend Mica x

    x Kara | http://karascloset.net

    ReplyDelete
  11. You did a fantastic job! And bought some great items! Enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great September haul, Mica. That floral pattern dress is everything and suits you beautifully.

    https://www.missymayification.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is such an amazing haul, love that floral blue maxi dress.

    Bernie,
    The Style Fanatic

    ReplyDelete
  14. I really like the blue printed dress
    https://www.melodyjacob.com/

    ReplyDelete
  15. The jewelry pieces are so fun and definitely make a statement. I'm always impressed with your eye for thrifted finds Mica!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love the blue floral dress!! :)

    https://julesonthemoon.com/

    ReplyDelete
  17. You look so beautiful and I love your floral dress! Have a great weekend.
    https://chicchedimamma.com/

    ReplyDelete
  18. Great haul, Mica! I'm totally in love with the blue floral dress, which would have tempted me as well. It's such a delight, and perfect for Spring. I'm also loving all the necklaces you found! Enjoy the rest of your weekend, Mica! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love all the accessories!

    https://villemo20.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wonderful shopping! I really like your floral print dress! http://www.recklessdiary.ru

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love the statement necklaces and tassel earrings you got. I'm big on jewelry!

    www.fashionradi.com

    ReplyDelete
  22. Loving all the jewels in your haul! A girl can never have enough bling. :)

    https://www.kathrineeldridge.com

    ReplyDelete
  23. love the tassel earrings you bought...and the necklaces are wonderful too!

    ReplyDelete
  24. You look goregous!! love the blue and white dress
    Hope you had a lovely weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  25. I too love the tassel earrings and the floral dress is so pretty and perfect for spring. I love what you got from the thrift store too. Thanks for the visit to my blog. I hope you enjoy the week.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Love the last necklace that you brought. I did quick a bit of shopping in September.

    http://www.amysfashionblog.com/blog-home

    ReplyDelete
  27. Those little tassel earrings are so cute!! I love that blue floral dress; it's so pretty. Shopping days are so fun x

    brineandbooks.com

    ReplyDelete
  28. Oh, wonderful your mother found what you were looking for! Love the floral dress so much and how you have styled it and also the other pieces (bargains) you bought are cool and unique!
    xx from Bavaria/Germany, Rena
    www.dressedwithsoul.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I'm so glad she tracked something down for me!

      Delete
  29. You looks really cute in this new blue dress <3 Have a nice day! ❤

    ReplyDelete
  30. You got so many cute things this month, Mica! Maybe I need to try a no-shop month... I need something to keep my impulse buys in check, although lately, its been beauty products that have been irresistible more so than clothes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. there's always something about to buy I think, haha! I'm trying to do a buy nothing new month this month to help slow my spending more.

      Delete
  31. Great picks, Mica! I love that blue dress on you. Did you get anything from the Target XOXO collection?

    x,
    S | Je M'appelle Chanel

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Unfortunately the Australian and American targets are completely different so we didn't have that collection!

      Delete
  32. Hello!!! I love your earring it's so cute and I love the dress too

    ReplyDelete
  33. Sorry I'm so behind with my comments, Mica! I love your haul! All of those statement necklaces are gorgeous! I would've bought all of the ones you got! Haha ;) The tassel earrings are great too. Hope you have a wonderful week ahead, Mica! :) XXX

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't worry at all, life has been busy!

      Delete
  34. Really love that blue floral print dress! Lots of jewelry too, which I always like.

    ReplyDelete
  35. That floral dress is super cute on you dear! Great picks on the jewelries too.

    Jessica | notjessfashion.com

    ReplyDelete
  36. You picked up so many great products. Love the earrings x

    Laura
    https://pinkfrenzymissl.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  37. The floral dresses and the necklace are really pretty, Mica! I love getting new pieces too! I've bought a fair few this season so far, ha ha!

    Raindrops of Sapphire

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely a good time for shopping with all the sales on! :)

      Delete
  38. haha I'm trying to be good this month and not buy anything!

    ReplyDelete

Your feedback on my outfits and any constructive criticism is welcomed. I appreciate the time you take to leave a kind comment. Make sure to tick 'Notify me' if you've asked a question so you get an email response :)

Feel free to leave a link to your blog so I can check it out. "Follow me" or "follow for follow" comment spam will not be published.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...