Monday 26 November 2018

Mulberry Bayswater and Wrap Dresses For the Office

I still think a printed dress is the easiest, simplest outfit for work. Add some neutral accessories like this classic Mulberry bayswater bag and some ballet flats and you have easy spring office style. No further accessorising required, although you can always add a bright necklace on top like I did with these outfits to feel like you put a little effort in!

What I wore:

black and white tulip hem wrap dress for the office with Mulberry Bayswater bag | away from blue

black and white wrap dress with Mulberry Bayswater in Oak NVT leather  | away from the blue

awayfromtheblue instagram black and white wrap dress, green necklace and mulberry bayswater bag

Why I wore it:

I'm not entirely sure the length of this necklace worked with the wrap neckline of the dress and the tie over the waist, but I did like the little touch of colour it added to this outfit! With the black and white printed wrap dress and neutral tan Mulberry Bayswater and Marc Jacobs flats, a little bit of green through the necklace was a nice way to add a pop of colour.

I did consider wearing statement earrings with this outfit too, but felt it was busy enough. It was my first day back at work after a week off sick, and there was so much to catch up on. The simple yet comfortable dress worked well, for meetings and for sitting at my desk reading all the emails I missed!





What's In My Bag: Mulberry Bayswater








What I wore:

Target Dannii Minogue Petites geometric printed wrap dress with Mulberry bayswater and mouse flats | awayfromblue

classic heritage Mulberry Bayswater in Oak NVT leather | awayfromtheblue

awayfromblue instagram spring office style target petite printed wrap dress with Mulberry bayswater bag
Dress: Target Dannii Minogue Petites printed wrap dress

Why I wore it:

Sometimes I find this dress a little tricky to wear. It 'reads' as blue from a distance, but up close you can see the pink, red, black, green and blue in the geometric print. I decided to try mix things up a bit and wear this bold yellow statement necklace with it. I really liked the combination, and I felt it distracted from how tired I felt and looked. I did manage to get a lovely compliment from a colleague who said I looked just like his niece - and she's 20, so I was very happy with that! I think it was maybe the ponytail, or all the makeup I threw on to try look a bit more perky.

Unfortunately despite feeling much better and just a little tired, my voice sounded terrible! I'd started to loose it the day before when working from home as everyone ended up calling me, and by mid-afternoon it was almost entirely gone. I soldiered through the day though, lots of charades and having others speaking for me and managed to wrap up everything from my to-do list before I left, so I felt productive! Even if I did have to postpone one meeting as the person I was meeting with thought it was too much to try make me talk for 30 mins! 😂 They were probably right!


Last wornfaux wrap dressyellow statement necklacegold mouse flats, Mulberry Bayswater (above).



Wrap Dresses Under $50:



How You Can Wear It:

A wrap dress is a classic wardrobe staple that can work for many different occasions. Mine get worn mostly to the office though! They are a fail-safe outfit option that work for a business casual office like mine as well as a more formal business attire dress code. If you're wearing a sleeveless version like I am in the last outfit, a blazer or cardigan is a good option to keep shoulders covered for formal meetings.





Follow Away From the Blue on:

68 comments:

  1. The dress looks gorgeous on you Mica and that bag is so adorable.

    xoxo
    Lovely
    www.mynameislovely.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both of these wrap dresses look so stylish on you, Mica! I love how you've accessorised with the pretty beads and bag. Hope you're feeling much better and that you have a great week ahead! XXX

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sasha! I am feeling much better! :)

      Delete
  3. Oh I LOVE this bag! It has so much more structure than mine.. although I did buy mine second hand and was pretty beat up when I bought haha. The tan is a softer version of the black and goes so well with your outfits. The perfect work bag!

    Eileen | 5feetofstyle.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I would love this to be more broken in like yours - I think I need to use it more, haha!

      Delete
  4. I am glad you are feeling a bit better. I hope your voice comes back soon but that's so nice of your coworkers to chip in and speak on your behalf. The blue and yellow combination really does the eye some magic! I love how it looks together and your Mulsberry bag is perfect companion. Happy Monday and wishing you a fantastic week ahead!

    Maureen | www.littlemisscasual.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I'm so lucky to work with a great team! :)

      Delete
  5. These are such great dresses, Mica, and love how you added the necklaces for that pop of colour:) And man...the Bayswater really goes with everything!:D
    PS So sorry to hear about your voice but that's great that your work peeps were understanding about it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this dress and that bag is too good!!

    www.jessicabroyles.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your black and white striped dress is a classic! What a great wear-to-work piece. And losing your voice is so frustrating - especially as a mom! LOL! How can you ever get your kids to cooperate if they can't hear you?! Ha!
    Gina || On the Daily Express

    ReplyDelete
  8. Dresses are indeed such an easy way to look put together. I like both dresses! And that bag is gorgeous!

    Andrea
    Andrea’s Wellness Notes

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such cute dresses!
    ~Samantha
    http://goldcoastgirlblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. I agree! Printed dresses take all the stress out because you don't need many accessories and cna just throw it on and go
    https://www.closet-fashionista.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, printed dresses are the best like that! :)

      Delete
  11. Such nice dresses!
    xx- Nina

    http://www.stylingwithnina.com/2018/11/must-have-fallwinter-snakeskin-handbag.html

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely dresses.
    Alisha,
    alishasamson.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Simplicity is the glory of expression. Best fashion tips for pregnant-ladies too. This is a proof that you don't need to sacrifice style while you're expecting a baby.Spot on advice!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow Mica that bag is stunning! What a statement piece. I love the green beads too and nothing beats a dress for a quick and easy pulled together look. You look fabulous!
    xo,
    Kellyann

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm all for a good print dress too! These are both beautiful dresses! I'm glad to hear you're feeling better, but sorry to hear about your voice. I hope it gets better soon. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lindsay! It is doing much better now :)

      Delete
  16. So cute

    http://www.iameleine.com/
    http://instagram.com/iameleineblog/

    ReplyDelete
  17. I totally agree with you on the green necklace. It looks nice with the dress but would have been even better is it was shorter. Have a great week.

    http://www.amysfashionblog.com/blog-home/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, next time I think I'll take a little longer to pick out a necklace!

      Delete
  18. Glad to hear you're feeling better! I love the wrap dress because they really flatter so many body shapes. You look so cute!

    http://www.mylittlenest.org

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love love the looks.
    xx
    https://theonethattravels.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
  20. Bright accessories really switch up an outfit! I love that yellow one you added to the second outfit especially. Yellow is an underused color, but it shouldn't be! It's so happy and fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Laura! It is such a fun colour to accessorise with! :)

      Delete
  21. That is a fabulous bag, and wrap dresses are great for the office!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Ah yes wrap dresses are perfect for work. I like then in prints or solids. They are flattering and generally long enough to be office appropriate. This was is fun with the skinny stripes.

    Allie of
    www.allienyc.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are such a great office option! :)

      Delete
  23. I love how sophisticated yet chic these outfits look for you! This bag is quite versatile and you were easily able to style it with the summery dress or the more conservative, office appropriate attire.

    BLOG | YOUTUBE | INSTAGRAM

    ReplyDelete
  24. what a beautiful dress youre wearing..love the neck piece and the bag as well.

    https://sugarhilll.blogspot.com/2018/11/fall-2018.html

    ReplyDelete
  25. I always love wrap dress because it's easy to wear.
    By the way love yours.

    Much Love,
    Jane | The Bandwagon Chic

    ReplyDelete
  26. It's great that you're feeling better and hopefully you voice catches up to that soon as well.

    Both outfits are lovely, but the second is my favorite. I just love the bright colors.

    Kathrin | Polar Bear Style

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kathrin! My voice is feeling much better!

      Delete
  27. I absolute love your first dress! Wow! Don t it look fabulous on you!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Your Bayswater is so roomy and the colour is classic. Love your blue mini dress, perfect for the warmer weather. Wishing you a fun midweek!

    www.busyandfab.com

    ReplyDelete
  29. I love the first dress! It looks so good on you x

    Laura
    https://pinkfrenzymissl.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  30. It's a great bag for work, Love your dresses. Gemma x
    www.jacquardflower.uk

    ReplyDelete
  31. I love the addition of these bright necklaces to both these outfits - such a nice touch!

    Courtney ~ Sartorial Sidelines

    ReplyDelete
  32. These are such a cute looks, I love your both dresses, you look so pretty in both looks. It's really great that you are feeling better now. Wish you to get well soon.
    Have a nice day <3
    Kisses :)
    http://www.rakhshanda-chamberofbeauty.com/

    ReplyDelete
  33. I love the bold colours of both necklaces, they really work well with each dress! - x

    this is lavinya - Fashion & Lifestyle Blog

    ReplyDelete
  34. this wrap dresses look great on you - love both of those outfits :-)
    I hope you had a great time making your annual Christmas shopping :-) have a lovely day xx

    ReplyDelete
  35. Love both dresses and the addition of colors as necklaces to the both outfits was really great idea!

    Have a wonderful day!:)

    jointyicroissanty

    ReplyDelete
  36. Loved the dresses, the yellow neckpiece is amazing...
    www.stylebasket.in
    Instagram :-Stylebasket24

    ReplyDelete
  37. you look so pretty with nice handbag.
    greeting- evi erlinda

    ReplyDelete
  38. I hope you have your voice back now Mica! I recently lost mine as well and it's so hard to go through the work day and also take care of kids when you can't talk!! I love both of these wrap dresses and the way you added pops of color with those necklaces.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is so hard - hope your voice is back now too! :)

      Delete
  39. Oh what a yummy bag - I'd love it. It looks super with your stripy dress. Hope you're okay and enjoying Spring. Jacqui Mummabstylish

    ReplyDelete
  40. Both dresses are lovely. The top one is my fav though!

    Corinne x
    www.skinnedcartree.com

    ReplyDelete
  41. That first dress is wonderful on you - I really like the longer hemline on it. I do think that the necklace is a bit too long with it, but eh, close enough. I am in total agreement - patterned dresses are "jammy dresses"! Throw 'em on and you look done. I am wearing one today, as a matter of fact!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Printed dresses are the best! but yes, definitely a different necklace next time :)

      Delete
  42. That Mulberry bag is beautiful! And it's the perfect size for work

    ReplyDelete
  43. THE WRAP FITS YOU, YOU LOOK GREAT
    HAPPY HOLIDAY.
    https://www.melodyjacob.com/2018/11/govyadinastore-harasho.html

    ReplyDelete
  44. I'm with you! Weather permitting I will always choose a dress - one and done! Plus the wrap style is always so flattering.
    Chic on the Cheap

    ReplyDelete
  45. You look super gorgeous in the wrap dresses and oh so ladylike. I really adore this feminine vibe on you. And I am obsessed with this dress style it is a wonder why I own not a single one. I cannot wait to get my hands on a wrap dress like the midi one you are wearing. You look elegant and that pop of green from the necklace sets the mood. LOVE!! I hope you are feeling better now, Mica! Remember to give yourself some breaks so you can heal up :) xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Hope you can find a nice wrap dress soon! I linked some options in the post :)

      Delete
  46. Couldn't agree more, a printed wrap dress is basically all I wear to the office.

    Anne - Linda, Libra, Loca

    ReplyDelete
  47. Both printed dresses are beautiful! I really love that striped wrap one. Adding a pop of color with the necklaces was a really great choice. I think the length of the first necklace looks great with that dress. And I hope you're feeling better and that your voice is back! That's never fun.

    x Kara | http://karascloset.net

    ReplyDelete
  48. I have heard about this line of bags, and they are gorgeous! I love the satchel shape and classic color. Love your wrap dresses, both are lovely on you. Like the color.
    jess xx
    www.elegantlydressedandstylish.com

    ReplyDelete
  49. Thanks all for your lovely comments - I am feeling much better!

    ReplyDelete
  50. Like you I am not too sold on the length of the necklace on the first look, but the dress sure looks nice.

    ReplyDelete

Your feedback on my outfits and any constructive criticism is welcomed. I appreciate the time you take to leave a kind comment. Make sure to tick 'Notify me' if you've asked a question so you get an email response :)

Feel free to leave a link to your blog so I can check it out. "Follow me" or "follow for follow" comment spam will not be published.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...