Monday 2 September 2019

Weekday Wear Link Up: Printed Sheath Dresses and Colourful Cardigans

For this weeks Weekday Wear link up I'm wearing my favourite printed sheath dresses with some cosy cardigans to make some colourful corporate style outfits.

What I wore:

colourful spring corporate style office outfit ankle boots orange sheath dress mustard cardigan neverfull bag | awayfromblue

orange printed sheath dress with louis vuitton neverfull mm tote | awayfromtheblue


awayfromtheblue Instagram | orange printed sheath dress with mustard yellow cardigan colourful office outfit
Jacket: thrifted SES Fashions mustard yellow cardigan
Necklace: Kmart gold and navy beaded necklace
DressFrench Connection 'Woodblock wonder' panache dress in white/geranium rose
ShoesAtmos&Here tan Lola leather ankle boots
BagLouis Vuitton MM damier azur neverfull

Why I wore it:

It was such a warm day when I wore this - a little teaser of the upcoming summer heat before the Ekka winds set in the next day and cooled things in Brisbane right down back to winter temps! I went out during my lunch break at work to run a few errands and actually regretted the cardigan! My plan had been to belt it in place but I knew I'd probably have to take it off at some point with the summer temps, so left it unbelted so I could do so.

You've seen me wear yellow with this dress before - often in smaller doses like a yellow necklace or scarf. I thought I'd be a bit bolder this time and pair the orange printed sheath dress with the mustard yellow cardigan. I really liked this outfit, perfect for a busy day at work and a little time outside in the sunshine at lunch time. The ankle boots kept my bare legs cosy on the cooler morning, it quickly warmed up anyway.

With the summery citrus toned outfit, the Louis Vuitton neverfull bag seemed like the perfect choice!


Last worn: mustard cardigan, gold and navy beaded necklace, orange printed sheath dress, tan ankle boots, Louis Vuitton damier azur neverfull tote.

Other ways to wearmustard cardigan worn belted, orange printed sheath dress and blazer, tan ankle boots and maxi dress, Louis Vuitton damier azur neverfull tote and shorts.

Perfect for pregnancyorange printed sheath dress hiding second trimester bump, Louis Vuitton damier azur neverfull tote in third trimester.


Wear & Tear: My Louis Vuitton Neverfull Bag at 7 Years Old










What I wore:

purple cardigan and blanket scarf with blue paisley print sheath dress louis vuitton azur neverfull tote for office | awayfromblue

blue and purple outfit with Louis Vuitton MM damier azur neverfull | away from the blue

awayfromblue Instagram blue and purple printed paisley sheath dress office outfit
JacketJeanswest Peggie kimono cardigan in purple mulberry marle
ScarfMarc by Marc Jacobs mauve square scarf
DressFrench Connection blue Paisley print dress
ShoesWalnut Melbourne 'Ava' black lizard ballet flats
BagLouis Vuitton MM damier azur neverfull

Why I wore it:

This outfit was worn on a more winter like day, so followed the same outfit formula as the first, but with a few more layers. I really like blue and purple together so I was surprised to see I hadn't worn this purple cardigan with the blue paisley print sheath dress before! It's such a great combination.

I needed to be just a little bit warmer though, so added my cosy fleece-lined tights, as well as my purple Marc Jacobs blanket scarf. This scarf is such a stunning piece, and even though it has a print it's subtle enough that it looks nice worn with the paisley dress. It's not an exact match to the cardigan, but I did like the two different purple shades together. The Louis Vuitton Neverfull adds more print to the outfit, but I see this bag as a neutral and will wear it with any print!

With all the colour and print, a classic black pair of ballet flats seemed like the best shoe option. Super comfortable too!


Last worn: purple cardigan, purple scarf, paisley print dress, black ballet flats, Louis Vuitton neverfull (above).

Other ways to wearpurple cardigan and purple jeans, purple scarf and chambray dress, paisley print dress and ankle boots, black ballet flats and wrap dress, Louis Vuitton neverfull worn 30 ways.

Perfect for pregnancypurple cardigan in second trimesterpaisley print dress in second trimester, black ballet flats in third trimester, Louis Vuitton neverfull at 38 weeks.




How You Can Wear It:

A fun and colourful printed sheath dress is a great option for your work wardrobe. You can play it safe and stick with neutral layers to accompany the bold print and let the dress make a statement on it's own, or you can get even more colourful by adding bright layers like scarves and cardigans that will compliment the colours in the print of your dress.




Weekday Wear Linkup #34


Welcome to the Weekday Wear linkup! A linkup for you to share your weekday outfits - whether that is office wear or stay at home mum wear - if you wore it on a weekday, you can link it up!

Guidelines:
1. Please link to a specific outfit post, not your blog homepage.
2. Link back to this post so others can find the link up.
3. Follow your host Away From The Blue on BloglovinInstagramTwitterFacebook or YouTube.
4. Add up to two posts and be sure to visit and comment on as many other posts as possible to get some weekday outfit inspiration!
Optional: tweet the post you linked up with the hashtag #weekdayWearLinkUp so I can retweet!



Subscribe for The Weekday Wear Linkup reminder emails




Linking up with Confident Twosday, Trend Spin, Turning Heads, Style Sessions, Style On The DailyFashion Frenzy, Oh Hey Girl, Chic and StylishFashion Files, Fabulous Friday.




Follow Away From the Blue on:
Bloglovin
Twitter : Instagram Youtube : Facebook : LikeToKnow.It 

73 comments:

  1. I really love the summery citrus tones in your first outfit, Mica! The dress and cardi look great together and so does the bag! It's been such a lovely warm day today, hasn't it? Spring has definitely sprung!;) E and I would love to catch up with you and your boys over the September school holidays, so I'll email you soon :) Hope you have a wonderful week, Mica! Thanks for the linkup! XXX

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sasha! it's definitely spring! Would love a catch up!

      Delete
  2. Love the dress and the cardigans are so lovely. I hope you have a great week ahead x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the cardigans and they have such great colors! Perfect for the coming autumn season too ♥
    xx
    Selina | Selinas Inspiration

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like first color combination you chose to mix up with your LV bag )

    blog: MyBlondeGal
    insta: @choi.olga.korea
    Youtube

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your dresses. Suitable for our weather. Happy day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The first combo is my fave. I adore that printed dress mixed with the yellow. Both looks are so chic and cozy Mica! Thanks for the link up!

    https://www.kathrineeldridge.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have a few cardigans that I like to wear with my dresses too, it makes them so much more versatile throughout the year.

    Anne from “Doctor Anne” (former Linda, Libra, Loca)

    ReplyDelete
  8. The colours in the first outfit complement your fair skin wonderfully. The combination of that white and orange dress with a mustard long cardi is simply perfect. I also like the LV tote bag you paired with this look. The brown boots are very cute too. Such a beautiful styling.

    I also like the combination of white, purple and blue in the second outfit. That purple cardi is very pretty and that white and blue dress has got a lovely print. Both of these outfits are absolutely fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, it's fun to change it up a bit with colour combos!

      Delete
  9. Love that cardi you look so cute! Have a great week hun! xo- Nina
    http://www.stylingwithnina.com/2019/09/how-to-style-satin-skirt-last-weeks.html

    ReplyDelete
  10. Two beautiful looks! LOVE that mustard yellow cardigan!
    Ellibelle's Corner

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love both outfits, Mica:) Such great colour combos. The purple and blue is definitely a winner! And for sure...the Neverfull goes with anything:)
    Happy Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  12. The yellow citrus tones look so great on you! That cardigan will be so perfect for chilly summer nights too. Hope you have a wonderful week! XO

    Shauna

    www.lipglossandlace.net

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love these outfits on you, first look is my favorite. Happy Monday beautiful. xx

    https://www.ninakobi.com/2019/09/things-to-do-in-quebec-city-in-one-day.html

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Mica
    I'm loving your link up!!
    You look great in your first look, love much more the colors!!
    And I love your bag!!
    xoxo

    marisasclosetblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. I just love printed dresses like these Mica. In fact, I have been trying to add solid colored ones just to even the score.
    XOXO
    Jodie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have so few solid coloured dresses, printed ones are definitely my faves!

      Delete
  16. A structured sheath dress like this is just a classic must. I love how you paired it up with the yellow cardigan.
    I bet you are excited for summer to start creeping back.

    Thanks for always hosting 😊

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks, definitely excited about the warmer weather!

      Delete
  17. Beautiful outfits!!

    https://julesonthemoon.com/

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love that citrus combo. Mustard yellow is one of my faves. That LV bag is awesome. I bet you get a lot of use out of it!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Everything is beautiful. It suits you.
    Greetings.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh very cute the first outfit
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  21. Lovely outfits! I like the citrusy mix in the first one - that yellow cardi is a great colour - and that bold purple scarf in the second one. Your fleece tights will soon be put back into storage, Mica! Hope you had a great weekend, and all the best for a smooth week ahead!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, won't be long until they are boxed away!

      Delete
  22. I love the outfits, especially the cardigan in yellow, so cute! The handbag looks amazing too ^^
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  23. Lovely dresses, love the style and patterns. Thanks for stopping by and the invite :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. I love the colors together in the first outfit! And the purple scarf is so pretty with your Neverfull bag!

    ReplyDelete
  25. I love the colors in the first outfit—bet you can't wait to wear summer clothes again!
    Cheryl Shops | www.cherylshops.net

    ReplyDelete
  26. I love that orange dress it is stunning! Great post Micah, you styled it really well, I love wearing ankle boots with dresses (yay autumn) and mustard and orange make me so excited for Halloween. Hope you are having a fab week so far xx

    ALittleKiran | Bloglovin

    ReplyDelete
  27. Can see by your outfits that the weather is improving Mica. How lovely to have the good weather to embrace very soon. Thanks for hosting - do stop by and join the #chicandstylish #linkup. Jacqui Mummabstylish

    ReplyDelete
  28. Love the yellow cardigan with that dress. I'm getting excited to start layering again.

    http://www.amysfashionblog.com/blog-home

    ReplyDelete
  29. The yellow cardigan with your pretty orange dress was perfect for a warmer day. I must admit I did smile when I saw your cool weather outfit as it was probably warmer than my Spring day here. Enjoy your Spring weather and many thanks for hosting Mica.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it's definitely a lot warmer here in Queensland!

      Delete
  30. That LV bag is soooo expensive!!! Love your tie dye dress on the first outfit! :)

    xoxo,
    SHAIRA
    Blog: www.missdream-girl.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  31. I love your neverfull bag. Great choice with the outfits. Thanks for linking to Muttonstyle Monday

    ReplyDelete
  32. I love both the dresses. And you've styled them so perfectly with your cardigans. You look amazing <3

    https://lifewithmins.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  33. Your giving me so much inspo for work! Those cardigans are just perfect for chilly mornings! xo, Biana -BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  34. I absolutely love both of these outfits! I really love your cardigan in your first outfit. I need a nice long one like that. It looks so perfect with your dress. Thank you for hosting the linkup as well!

    ReplyDelete
  35. Mica, I love both of these printed dresses! So perfect for warmer weather. And they look great with the long cardigans and/or scarves until it is warm enough to shed the layers.

    Shelbee
    www.shelbeeontheedge.com

    ReplyDelete
  36. Both of these outfits are so cute! My favorite is the first outfit! The colors are so pretty together!

    Jill - Doused in Pink

    ReplyDelete
  37. Loving both of these color combos! Cardigans are so good for any weather too, gotta love a good staple
    https://www.closet-fashionista.com/

    ReplyDelete
  38. I love how you styled these lighter-weight dresses with a cardigan to warm them up! So cute!

    -Ashley
    Le Stylo Rouge

    ReplyDelete
  39. Both outfits are a winner! The first dress is absolutely gorgeous and the print is by far my favorite. I love the contrasting yellow scarf. It's giving me Autumn vibes as we are nearing this season here in the US. I hope you had a wonderful weekend and happy Tuesday!

    Maureen | www.littlemisscasual.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I think spring and autumn are similar seasons for dressing!

      Delete
  40. You look stunning in both of the outfits, especially the first look is my favorite one. I loved how you layered orange dress with the mustard long cardigan and structured lv bag. The paisley print on the second dress is so beautiful, it looks good on you. Have a great week babe
    Dheera
    http://www.thestylepanorama.com/2019/08/how-to-style-floral-summer-dress.html

    ReplyDelete
  41. Colourful cardigans are such life savers throughout the transitional seasons, right?! I love throwing them over T-shirts and denim jeans as well :) Hope you're having a lovely week so far babe!

    aglassofice.com x

    ReplyDelete
  42. I love the pop of color in both of these looks!

    www.prettyinleather.net

    ReplyDelete
  43. Adoring these colourful corporate looks, so fun and summery! The citrus cuteness of the first look is gorgeous, I love orange and yellow together and this works so dreamily :) The print of the dress is to die for and it goes perfectly with the mustard ♥︎

    The paisley print of the second outfit I'm obsessed with, and you're rocking it so well against the pretty purple! I agree blue and purple work wonders together, such lovely tones to put together. Hope you're having such a fabulous week so far :)

    Sophie | soinspo xo

    ReplyDelete
  44. Wow those outfits are sooo cute, i love the color combos! That LV bag is SOOO pretty, I want something like that. So impressive how long it lasts you!

    Geraldine | https://geraldinetalks.com

    ReplyDelete
  45. We in Sydney are also enjoying warm weather. Love both looks, the sheath dress is very cute and looks great under the yellow cardigan and the purple colour of the scarf adds such a great punch. Love your bag a lot. Hope the warm weather stays :)

    ReplyDelete
  46. I really like the first outfit. The dress and the cardigan go so well together x

    Laura
    https://pinkfrenzymissl.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  47. Your first outfit is extremely pretty and looks fresh. You are looking cute. What I love in your second outfit is the style of your scarf. I love how you have tied it with that dress.
    Have a pleasant day.
    Kisses <3
    http://www.rakhshanda-chamberofbeauty.com/

    ReplyDelete
  48. Lovely colours! Hope your week is going well.

    Gemma x
    www.jacquardflower.uk

    ReplyDelete
  49. I'm so into the first outfit! The color combo is simply on point and you look so so so beautiful! In the second one, I love the cozy scarf addition as it makes it super cozy and I am a fan of that paisley dress :) Hope you are having a wonderful week there :D xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  50. Love the Damier pattern! I love the colors you chose for the cardigan and scarf, both are pretty and compliment each outfit.I like the peach and the mustard combo!
    jess xx
    thanks for linking!
    www.elegantlydressedandstylish.com

    ReplyDelete
  51. These outfits are lovely for a cold day! II especiall love the first one. That yellow cardigan is such a fun piece.

    Kathrin | Polar Bear Style

    ReplyDelete
  52. These outfits are so stylish, but I do really think yellow is your color :)

    https://www.chicnpink.com

    ReplyDelete
  53. I absolutely love the yellow! It really is so bright and suits you so well :) Also your hair looks amazing!

    findyourownhope.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, i'm enjoying that it's getting longer again after donating it! :)

      Delete
  54. You always have the cutest layers dear. The first one has gotta be my fave, love the mustard cardigan.

    Jessica | notjessfashion.com

    ReplyDelete
  55. I love both dresses with both of your cardigan picks. Those are not colors I would have thought to put together but they work just great. I really need to get some more long cardigans (I have 2 black ones....how uninspired is that? And they're not even really long...just hip-length. And what a great bag! I love that they named it "Neverfull" - LOL! They don't know me....

    Ruth
    www.VogueFauxReal.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha yes it can hold a lot! :) And cardis like this are a staple for spring and autumn I think!

      Delete
  56. The printed dress looks great with the cardigans! I love how the mustard cardigan looks with the orange. You always pair colors beautifully!

    x Kara | http://karascloset.net

    ReplyDelete
  57. I liked seeing the LV neverfull video, it shows what a good investment it was Mica ! Then again I do know that you take care really good care of your bags.

    ReplyDelete
  58. Thanks all for your sweet comments, and for linking up!

    ReplyDelete

Your feedback on my outfits and any constructive criticism is welcomed. I appreciate the time you take to leave a kind comment. Make sure to tick 'Notify me' if you've asked a question so you get an email response :)

Feel free to leave a link to your blog so I can check it out. "Follow me" or "follow for follow" comment spam will not be published.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...