Friday 19 January 2024

Leopard Print and Blue with Black Denim

Continuing on with wearing more of my new pieces I got for Christmas. My mum, sister and I always have an annual pre-Christmas shopping trip to do our gift shopping, and often pick up things for each other. This year we spent a morning at the opshops too and mum got me these cute leopard print pieces. Wore them with lots of blue and some black denim.


What I wore:




JacketJeanswest Kensley summer tie-dye kimono
Necklace: thrifted blue statement beaded necklace
Cami: Kmart Anko leopard print cami (Christmas present)
Shorts: Jeanswest Heather Bermuda short in black
Shoesslim navy and pink Havaianas
Bracelets: the usual
Bagvintage original Rebecca Minkoff 5-zip in faded electric blue (Christmas present)


Why I wore it:

Like most of the school holidays, this was a difficult day to dress for! We are having a particularly wet summer so I never know if it's going to be a cool and rainy day, or a hot and humid threatening rain but never raining day.

With this cute leopard print spaghetti strap cami I knew I needed some shoulder coverage though so chose this lovely navy tie dye cape to keep my shoulders covered from the sun as we ran a couple of errands. I wasn't sure if the tie dye and the leopard print would look good together so I wore a couple of other blue accessories to tie it all in. And kept the shorts neutral with these black denim shorts. I really liked this outfit and I'm glad I gave the tie dye and leopard a try!


Last worn: tie dye cape, navy necklace, black denim shorts, Havaianas. First time I've worn the leopard print cami and the Rebecca Minkoff 5 zip bag as they are Christmas presents.

Other ways to weartie dye cape and pink shorts, black denim shorts and florals.





What I wore:




Jacket: Kmart orange leopard print cover up (Christmas present)
Tee: teal Strange Planet 'wildly unprepared for the day' graphic tee (Christmas present)
Skirt: thrifted Target black stretch denim skirt
ShoesAdidas Superstar sneakers
Bracelets: the usual
Bag: vintage original Rebecca Minkoff 5-zip in faded electric blue (Christmas present)


Why I wore it:

This was another leopard and blue combination, with this cute orange leopard print cover up and my teal graphic tee. I've been a fan of Nathan Pyle's comics for a while, most of my Threadless tees I wore in my uni days were his designs. And the kids love the Strange Planet series he did, so we all ended up with a Strange Planet tee for Christmas! Mine says 'wildly unprepared for the day' which seems pretty accurate for me!

Wore it with my thrifted black denim skirt and Adidas Superstar sneakers. Added more blue to the teal with this Rebecca Minkoff 5 zip bag, which is great for fitting a book as well as my other essentials. The cover up was a last minute addition and I wasn't sure it worked, but like the outfit above, I wanted to give it a try. And I needed an extra layer over the tee and denim outfit as I took the kids to an airconditioned indoor play area for the morning.


Last worn: black denim skirt, Adidas Superstar sneakers. First time I've worn the leopard print cover up and the teal graphic tee as they are Christmas presents.
 
Other ways to wearblack denim skirt and stripes, Adidas Superstar sneakers and dress.



Follow Away From the Blue on:
Bloglovin
Twitter : Instagram Youtube : Facebook : LikeToKnow.It 

6 comments:

  1. Always a fan of leopard, my friend! Love these beautiful looks with the black denim. I just realized I've never really bought any denim in black before, I need to look for some!

    Hope you're having a wonderful day so far! :)

    Make Life Marvelous

    ReplyDelete
  2. Leopard is timeless!

    The Reluctant Blogger | thereluctantblogger.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that cover up.

    http://www.amysfashionblog.com/blog-home

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great outfits. Hadn't heard of Strange Planet before.. the matching tee's must have been cute.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Both of these looks are gorgeous! I love the combination in the first look and the colour of that top in the second look....just so much fabulousness! Leopard print is always a good idea <3
    the creation of beauty is art.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Leopard print is one of my all time favorite prints. It looks fab all year round. Again loving both your outfits :-)

    Via | https://glossnglitters.com

    ReplyDelete

Your feedback on my outfits and any constructive criticism is welcomed. I appreciate the time you take to leave a kind comment. Make sure to tick 'Notify me' if you've asked a question so you get an email response :)

Feel free to leave a link to your blog so I can check it out. "Follow me" or "follow for follow" comment spam will not be published.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...