Monday 22 January 2024

Bright Tiered Linen Dresses and Tote Bags

Wearing my two new linen dresses I got for Christmas with practical tote bags for some summer holidays days out with the kids recently. I really like this new mixed metal necklace I got - so much that I've worn it in both outfits!


What I wore:




Necklace: mixed metal hammered pendant necklace
Dress: Jeanswest Lilah tiered linen dress in orange (Christmas present)
Shoes: Kmart tan crossover slides
Bracelets: the usual
BagLouis Vuitton MM damier azur Neverfull


Why I wore it:

It had been a very wet and stormy summer holidays, but luckily after a few big storms earlier in the week, the weather cleared for a glorious day up north at the beach. It was still pretty hot and humid, and it was a relief when we got home to the aircon! As I had to carry snacks and water bottles for the kids I took this big Louis Vuitton damier Azur Neverfull tote bag. Perfect for the beach! The orange tiered Jeanswest linen dress was nice and cheerful, and a good swimwear cover up. I appreciated the linen in the heat as well!

These Kmart slides were nice and comfortable and practical for a beach day too.

After a dip in the sea to cool off we had lunch with family before heading home before another round of predicted storms that afternoon.


Last worn: tan slides, Louis Vuitton damier azur neverfull. First time I've worn the dress and the necklace as they were Christmas presents.

Other ways to weartan slides and printed dressLouis Vuitton Neverfull worn 30 ways.

Perfect for pregnancyLouis Vuitton Neverfull at 38 weeks.





What I wore:




Earrings: thrifted red dinosaur skeleton earrings
Necklace: mixed metal hammered pendant necklace
DressKmart short sleeve tiered frill mini dress in Papaya (Christmas present)
ShoesAdidas Superstar sneakers
Bracelets: the usual
BagRebecca Minkoff medium unlined tote in black with shellac studded dome hardware


Why I wore it:

This was another humid day, unfortunately a very rainy one! Our plan for the day lined up though as we made good use of the exhibition tickets my friend got us for Christmas to go see the Lego Jurassic World Brickman exhibition at the Queensland museum. Being the summer school holidays, and it having been a very wet week, it took us a while to get through the traffic and find a park! But thankfully once we eventually got there the kids had a blast. It was one of their favourite exhibitions at the museum we've ever seen.

Lots of Lego and interactive things made for some very happy kids. I wore the little dinosaur skeleton earrings as a nod to the event but they are a little hard to spot in the photo!

I didn't carry any snacks as you can't eat in the museum but I did take my large Rebecca Minkoff unlined tote bag to make sure I had plenty of space for all our water bottles. I really liked the neutral black against this mango tiered linen dress. The Adidas Superstar sneakers were a practical choice for the wet day as well.


Last worn: Kmart papaya tiered linen dress, dino earrings, mixed metal necklace (above), Adidas Superstar sneakers, Rebecca Minkoff unlined tote bag.

Other ways to wearKmart papaya tiered linen dress and blue dress, Adidas Superstar sneakers and jeans, Rebecca Minkoff unlined tote bag and shorts.



Follow Away From the Blue on:
Bloglovin
Twitter : Instagram Youtube : Facebook : LikeToKnow.It 

14 comments:

  1. This is the perfect beach dress or just dress in general. I love the bold and cheery color and the loose fit for when its HOT out there. I am counting down to our beach getaway mid February. Take me to the beach! Have a lovely week ahead.

    bosbodaciousblog.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both of these dresses look so light and airy! Love the colors!

    Jill - Doused in Pink

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, aren't those linen dresses gorgeous! I particularly love the fiery orange of the first one. I think orange really lights up one's complexion! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been enjoying my sweaters so much I haven't thought much of spring and summer. These colors are so pretty and making me look forward to a change in season.
    www.chezmireillefashiontravelmom.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the first outfit!
    have a great week,
    S

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are prefect summer dress.

    http://www.amysfashionblog.com/blog-home

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your bright dresses are so pretty, Mica! So perfect for a hot day, I'm glad you've gotten some breaks in the rain to enjoy some good weather.

    I hope you are having a great week so far!

    Amber

    Visit AvecAmber.com

    Follow Avec Amber on Bloglovin

    ReplyDelete
  8. Both these dresses are gorgeous on you Mica. Love bright, vibrant color for summer time. Hope you are doing great and had a lovely holiday time. I was on vacation to Seattle for holidays:-)

    Via | https://glossnglitters.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Orange dress looks beautiful on you and love both the stylings!
    Gemma x
    www.jacquardflower.uk

    ReplyDelete
  10. Those bright colours look so beautiful on you! And it is always nice to have larger purses to hold all of the essentials. That Lego exhibit sounds like it was an absolute blast. What a fun experience for the family!
    the creation of beauty is art.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love these dresses! I have several orange summer dresses, it's my favourite colour!

    Emma xxx
    www.style-splash.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Both of these are such cute summer dresses! The Lego Jurassic World sounds like fun!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous! That orange shade you're wearing with the first look really suits you. (again, fell in love with that dress and overall look) 🧡 these are like the perfect summer dresses. Love them! xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Both of these dresses you got for Christmas are beautiful! I love the bright colors!

    Make Life Marvelous

    ReplyDelete

Your feedback on my outfits and any constructive criticism is welcomed. I appreciate the time you take to leave a kind comment. Make sure to tick 'Notify me' if you've asked a question so you get an email response :)

Feel free to leave a link to your blog so I can check it out. "Follow me" or "follow for follow" comment spam will not be published.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...