Friday 12 January 2024

Tiered Dresses And Chloe Periwinkle Paraty

Simple summer outfits is the theme for my daily dressing and susequently my blog posts lately, with the heat and humidity we have been experiencing in Brisbane! Both these tiered dresses are perfect for hot days. And despite the very different colours of the dresses, they both work with the little periwinkle small Chloe Paraty bag so well.


What I wore:




Necklace: navy and silver circle pendant tassel necklace
Dress: Kmart short sleeve tiered frill mini dress in Papaya (Christmas present)
ShoesAdidas Superstar sneakers
Bracelets: the usual
BagChloe periwinkle small Paraty with handmade textured strap


Why I wore it:

Wearing a few new pieces here! I got a lot of amazing things for Christmas. This mango coloured tiered dress was from my mum, it is so nice and light in both colour and because it's a linen blend. Beautiful for a day with a bunch of errands to run. 

The shoes were a practical choice for a bit of walking and driving around. I thrifted a pair of Adidas Superstar sneakers at the end of 2020. They were very comfortable and also pretty broken in, so I wasn't too surprised when they eventually fell apart as the stitching finally came undone. Thankfully my mum was happy to buy me a replacement pair. These are a lot whiter and brighter than my previous preloved pair, but still just as comfortable to wear. I know I'll get a lot of wear from both the dress and the shoes, lovely gifts! The old pair of Superstars I thrifted were in 94 posts on the blog so I got at least that many wears from them, probably nearly 100 when you consider I double up the outfits in my posts. Not bad for a $3 opshop find!

Paired these new pieces with some old favourites from my wardrobe. This suede navy tassel necklace goes with everything, and I really like the periwinkle Paraty bag and handmade strap against the yellow dress.


Last worn: navy tassel necklace, Adidas Superstar (previous pair), Chloe Paraty.

Other ways to wearAdidas Superstar and jeans, Chloe Paraty and shorts.



Chloe Small Paraty Bag Review & What's In My Bag:






What I wore:



Earrings: opal reindeer stud earrings
Necklace: thrifted gold large double circle necklace
Dress: Kmart short sleeve tiered knit dress in indigo ink with pockets
Shoesslim navy and pink Havaianas
Bracelets: the usual
BagChloe periwinkle small Paraty with handmade textured strap


Why I wore it:

Unlike the outfit above, this is all old favourites from my wardrobe, with no new pieces except the little opal stud earrings my sister gave me. We took advantage of both having some time off for the Christmas holidays to visit a few local opshops, where my sister found me some amazing pressies for Christmas and scored an incredible bargain NWT dress find for herself. Afterwards we had lunch by the bay, with the kids playing in the water play area at the Whale Park. It was a really good day!

This Kmart tiered dress is a cotton dress, so not as light as the one above, but it does also have pockets which is very helpful, and it was still good to wear on a hot day. Although a very different colour, the periwinkle blue of the Chloe Paraty bag works well with the navy of this dress just as well as the yellow above.


Last worn: gold circle necklace, navy tiered dress, Havaianas, Chloe small Paraty bag (above). first time I've worn the earrings as they are a recent gift.

Other ways to wearnavy tiered dress and duster, Chloe small Paraty bag and denim skirt.



Follow Away From the Blue on:
Bloglovin
Twitter : Instagram Youtube : Facebook : LikeToKnow.It 

10 comments:

  1. They are ideal dresses for spring and summer days, they are very comfortable, and both colors look great on you, greetings!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoy a tiered dress and this is super. What a great colour too, are you heading for Autum yet or still hot in summer? X Jacqui

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the yellow dress!

    The Reluctant Blogger | thereluctantblogger.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful bag! I love periwinkle everything! I love how it contrasts with the first dress.Have a great weekend!
    PerlaGiselle | iamperlita.com
    ♥ | INSTAGRAM

    http://iamperlita.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. These looks are so perfect for summer! I love that bag too! Thanks for sharing, I hope you have a great weekend! :)

    https://melissakacar.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. That awesome that you got 94 wear out of the adidas shoe that you thrifted.

    http://www.amysfashionblog.com/blog-home

    ReplyDelete
  7. That first outfit is so pretty, what an unusual but lovely colour combination. It really suits you! x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the dress and the purse...
    Thanks so much for stopping by!!
    Hugs,
    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  9. Both of these dresses are beautiful (so sweet of your mom to gift you the mango one!) and they look so cool and comfy too! I am dreaming of warmth over here in Ohio, haha!

    Make Life Marvelous

    ReplyDelete

Your feedback on my outfits and any constructive criticism is welcomed. I appreciate the time you take to leave a kind comment. Make sure to tick 'Notify me' if you've asked a question so you get an email response :)

Feel free to leave a link to your blog so I can check it out. "Follow me" or "follow for follow" comment spam will not be published.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...