Wednesday 10 May 2023

Linen Shorts With Embroidered Tanks and White Cover Ups

Loving the Brisbane weather that meant I could still get some wear from these linen shorts I thrifted last year well into autumn! This time around I wore them with embroidered tanks and white cover ups, for a couple of days back in the Easter school holidays.


What I wore:



Jacket:  Shein lace trimmed crochet inset white kimono c/o
Tank: Target embroidered khaki tank
Shorts: thrifted Kmart cumin linen blend pull on shorts
Shoesslim navy and pink Havaianas
Bracelets: the usual
BagRebecca Minkoff medium unlined tote in black with shellac studded dome hardware


Why I wore it:

Sometimes I like showing off the cuter paper bag waist on these linen shorts, like I did last time I wore them. Other times I like pairing them with voluminous tops and hiding the waistband for a completely different look. I thought I'd be brave and try orange and green together - this olive embroidered tank was perfect with the orange linen shorts, I liked the way it draped. I did have to add a cover up on top as it was a little cold for bare arms and legs, so I went with this neutral white one.

Stuck with a big neutral bag too, this black Rebecca Minkoff tote had snacks and water bottles for a family fun day event with the kids, which we all really enjoyed.




What I wore:




Jacket: thrifted Kmart black and white embellished cover up
NecklaceTiffany & Co pink double heart tag pendant necklace 
TankSass and Bide 'Musical Genius' tank
Shorts: thrifted Kmart fuchsia linen blend shorts
ShoesNew Balance Coast women's running shoe in black 
Bracelets: the usual
BagRebecca Minkoff medium unlined tote in black with shellac studded dome hardware


Why I wore it:

This followed the same outfit formula as the one above, with this neon embroidered Sass and Bide tank paired with these fuchsia pink linen shorts. I thought the matching pinks were a fun combination, although when I looked back at the photos I wasn't too sure the embroidery on the white cover yup worked as well as I hoped with the print on the tank.

It was a much needed practical choice though. We had booked the kids in for a messy play morning but just as we were about to leave we got a call that it had been cancelled, and we decided to head out to the park instead, and treat ourselves to some lunch. Not quite the fun day we had planned, but a pretty good alternative. It was a really sunny day so I was very glad for this cover up over my shoulders!


Last worn: embroidered cover up, Tiffany necklace, Sass and Bide tank, fuchsia linen shorts, New Balance sneakers, Rebecca Minkoff unlined tote (above).

Other ways to wearembroidered cover up and denim shorts, Sass and Bide tank and maxi skirt, fuchsia linen shorts and stripes, Rebecca Minkoff unlined tote and denim.

Perfect for pregnancySass and Bide tank in second trimester.



Follow Away From the Blue on:
Bloglovin
Twitter : Instagram Youtube : Facebook : LikeToKnow.It 

8 comments:

  1. That shade of green did work with that shade of orange. That is a good outfit formula. (I've started acquiring kimonos for a similar look.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like both outfits and the colorful short Mica. I can't wait for warmer weather and the summer. I hope you are having a nice week Mica.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do believe in the power of linen fabrics for the warmer months. You picked some wonderful styles. I love that you thrifted the shorts. Thrifting is so fun for me!

    Cheers,
    Tania
    https://inspiremyfancy.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the orange shorts with the olive green top, Mica - those colours go really well together. I like the second outfit, but the pinks/reds/oranges in the top tend to meld - it's hard to see the pink in it. Love both toppers! I wore my haori today for the first time in ages!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love both of these relaxed looks! I adore the printed top contrasting with the shorts in the second look especially.

    https://www.kathrineeldridge.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. You've really gotten your wear out of both of these linen shorts, haven't you? I'm loving both outfits equally here. I love how you paired olive and orange in the first one, and I think the printed top works really well with those fuchsia shorts. Gorgeous cover-ups too, I wish my wardrobe had more of these! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am in love with your white and blue cover up and ornage shorts! I'd so wear them myself. You look super cute in both outfits. Sending you and your family lots of love

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are rocking these outfits.

    http://www.amysfashionblog.com/blog-home

    ReplyDelete

Your feedback on my outfits and any constructive criticism is welcomed. I appreciate the time you take to leave a kind comment. Make sure to tick 'Notify me' if you've asked a question so you get an email response :)

Feel free to leave a link to your blog so I can check it out. "Follow me" or "follow for follow" comment spam will not be published.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...