Thursday 17 August 2023

Two Ways To Layer A Colourful Spaghetti Strap Maxi Dress For Winter

I bought this awesome, colourful geometric print maxi dress at the opshop for just $1. A spaghetti strap maxi dress isn't something I expect to get a lot of wear from in winter, but since spring is around the corner I know this will get worn more often. And before the weather heats up here in Brisbane, I was able to layer it up a little for the last month of winter, on some warmer days.


What I wore:


rebecca minkoff cupid satchel and geometric print maxi dress | awayfromblue


Earrings: thrifted red dinosaur skeleton earrings
Necklace: rose gold and turquoise beaded necklace
Jumper: thrifted Valleygirl blue knit jumper
Dress: thrifted colourful geometric print maxi dress
ShoesSketchers Bountiful navy fabric sneakers
Bagthrifted Rebecca Minkoff vintage Cupid satchel in dark navy blue


Why I wore it:

We had a fun day out at Australia Zoo with the family, so I needed some comfortable sneakers for all the driving and walking. I also needed to be able to wear my knee brace to support my knee so that ruled out jeans. Decided it was the perfect time to give this maxi dress a wear! Since it was a little chilly, especially in the morning, I added this soft knit over the top. It's a bit oversized so I had to knot it to get it to sit nicely, but I loved the cobalt against the mix of colours in the print of the dress.

As always, wore my Rebecca Minkoff Cupid bag. It is perfect for the essentials plus some snacks and water bottles that you need for a day out at the zoo with the kids.

 
Last worncobalt knit, earringsbeaded necklace, Sketchers, Rebecca Minkoff Cupid bag. First time I've worn the dress as it's a recent opshop find.

Other ways to wearcobalt knit and shorts, Sketchers and jeans, Rebecca Minkoff Cupid bag with black and white.

Perfect for pregnancycobalt knit in first trimester,





What I wore:




Jacket: Jeanswest Kitty denim biker jacket
Necklace: thrifted wooden geometric bead necklace
Top: Kmart teal tank (new purchase)
Dress: thrifted colourful geometric print maxi dress
ShoesConverse Chuck Taylor All Star low in black
Bagthrifted Rebecca Minkoff vintage Cupid satchel in dark navy blue


Why I wore it:

The next opportunity I took to wear this dress was for a school run and working from home day, with a quick errand after picking up the kids in the afternoon. Again I layered over the top of this dress, with this teal tank this time, and the denim moto jacket for an extra layer of warmth as it was a chilly morning. It warmed up nicely though and when I went back to school to pick up the kids, the denim jacket was no longer needed.

With the mix of colours in the geometric print of this maxi dress, I felt the teal tank complimented all the different shades well. I thought that the blue and green in the chunky necklace tied in the colours nicely, especially when worn with the denim jacket. I really liked this outfit!


Last worn: denim jacket, chunky necklace, geometric print maxi dress (above), Converse, Rebecca Minkoff Cupid (above). First time I've worn the tank as it's a recent purchase.

Other ways to weardenim jacket and jeans, Converse and pencil skirt, Rebecca Minkoff Cupid and leopard print.

Perfect for pregnancyblack Converse in second trimester.


Follow Away From the Blue on:
Bloglovin
Twitter : Instagram Youtube : Facebook : LikeToKnow.It 

8 comments:

  1. I hope we'll see the top of that dress soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a gorgeous pattern and two great ways to wear the dress in Winter. I particularly love the first idea to wear it with the knotted jumper layered on top! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow I can not believe you got this dress for a $1. The colors and pattern are super fun. You did a great job styling it two different ways for two equally impressive casual chic looks!

    Allie of
    www.allienyc.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have been find some amazing dresses lately.

    http://www.amysfashionblog.com/blog-home

    ReplyDelete
  5. Los dos outfits son muy bonitos, pero me gusto mas el primero, saludos:D

    ReplyDelete
  6. I adore the first outfit! The work of color is splendid! So eye catching and cozy! I love your tips for winter because we can definitely feel the cold breath here, rains definitely will make us freeze very soon. Cupid bag looks so cute and handy! I need to take a closer look to this model. Lyosha

    ReplyDelete
  7. I don’t want to think about winter just yet! I’m still clinging to the last days of summer.

    ReplyDelete
  8. A trip to the zoo is always so fun! Such great ways to style a warm weather dress in the cooler months. I never feel like I have the right top to wear with dresses like this, but I like how you've tied up the blue sweater to get the perfect fit.

    Alexandra
    EyeLoveKnots.com
    OnRockwoodLane.com

    ReplyDelete

Your feedback on my outfits and any constructive criticism is welcomed. I appreciate the time you take to leave a kind comment. Make sure to tick 'Notify me' if you've asked a question so you get an email response :)

Feel free to leave a link to your blog so I can check it out. "Follow me" or "follow for follow" comment spam will not be published.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...