Wednesday 11 January 2023

Printed Dresses and Little Red Saddle Bag

Sharing another couple of outfits I wore back in December, when adding a little red bag to my outfits felt rather festive! With both of these printed dresses I wore my Rebecca Minkoff unlined saddle bag for a pop of red.


What I wore:

floral print shift dress with sneakers red saddle bag outfit | awayfromblue

floral dress with Rebecca Minkoff unlined saddle bag in cherry red | awayfromtheblue


DressAtmos & Here Willow printed tee dress
ShoesNew Balance Coast women's running shoe in black 
Bracelets: the usual
BagRebecca Minkoff unlined saddle bag in cherry red


Why I wore it:

This was a bit of a crazy morning! I'd seen our local opshop announce that it was having another fill a bag for $10 sale and we were rushing around trying to get ready to go when the in laws stopped over, so we all headed to the opshop together. Can't beat a good bargain! I got a lot of great things for myself at the sale, and the kids were happy with their thrift hauls too. I folded up the clothes quite small so there was plenty of room for toys and books and puzzles in the $10 bag.

I wasn't sure if this outfit was a bit too Christmas-y with the red saddle bag and the green dress, but I think this is something I could wear outside of December too, as there is a red flower in the print of the dress. I really liked this dress and bag together!


Last worn: floral print tee dress, New Balance sneakers, red unlined studded saddle bag.

Other ways to wearfloral print tee dress and leather jacket, red unlined studded saddle bag worn 30 ways.

Perfect for pregnancyfloral print tee dress in second trimester.


Rebecca Minkoff Saddle Bag: What's In My Bag





What I wore:

boho tile print dress with sandals red saddle bag summer outfit | awayfromblue

blue tile print dress, Rebecca Minkoff unlined saddle bag in cherry red | awyafromtheblue


Dress: Jeanswest 'Chelsea' printed dress
ShoesWittner 'Jasmarie' studded sandals
Bracelets: the usual
BagRebecca Minkoff unlined saddle bag in cherry red


Why I wore it:

Another fun school holiday day starting out the morning with a bit more opshopping, followed by a playdate in the park, a quick stop at the grocery store, and a doctor's appointment. I always do a big clear out before Christmas so we had a lot of bags to donate to the opshop with things that the kids no longer played with and some clothes they couldn't fit into.

As we had planned to be at the park playdate for a while I picked this printed dress to wear as I like the longer sleeves giving a bit of physical sunblock. Even with the long sleeves, the fabric is light enough to wear on a hot day like this was.

Despite this printed dress being very different from the floral print one above, I loved the red bag with this blue print as well. Not the first time I've worn a red bag with this dress!



How You Can Wear It:

A little red bag is a great pop of colour to add to any dress - even vastly different printed dresses like these two are.




Follow Away From the Blue on:
Bloglovin
Twitter : Instagram Youtube : Facebook : LikeToKnow.It 

25 comments:

  1. Nice outfits. Thanks for sharing.
    I invite you to visit my last post. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm obsessed with the red bag! It looks great with both dresses.

    https://www.kathrineeldridge.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is the cutest little saddle bag, I actually think I need this!!

    Chanda
    https://nykenjee.blogspot.com/2023/01/lets-make-plan.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's gotten so much wear in my wardrobe!

      Delete
  4. It's been a while since I visited your blog, I loved both looks. Very beautiful! Happy new year, may 2023 be amazing for you ♥

    https://www.heyimwiththeband.com.br/

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think the red saddle bag will brighten up any outfit and it doesn't need Christmas. Good combinations and you are in a happy summery mood. Kestrel

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So true, I like wearing it year-round :)

      Delete
  6. I like both outfits Mica but especially the second dress. The red bag looks great with both of those outfits. I hope you have a nice week Mica.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Prefect outfit for busy day of running around. I need to go thru my daughter toys again.

    http://www.amysfashionblog.com/blog-home

    ReplyDelete
  8. Filling a bag for $ 10 sounds very exciting, and how clever of you to fold up the clothes real small!
    That red saddle bag is gorgeous, and I'm loving it in particular worn with the second dress, which is gorgeous too! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it's impressive how many things I was able to fit into the bag, haha!

      Delete
  9. I definitely think you could wear the first dress other than at Christmas! It's very pretty. I love the details on the second dress!

    Hope you're having a wonderful day! :)

    Make Life Marvelous

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I certainly do! I love wearing it year-round, just looks very festive with the red bag at Christmas time!

      Delete
  10. That is such a darling bag! It stands out so nicely against both of these outfits!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Red is such a great accent colour, isn't it? I don't think the turquoise dress/red bag read as Christmassy at all - the red looks more orange against the turquoise to me. Anyway, turq/red is an awesome colour combo, so don't let that stop you!

    Love that second dress - long sleeves on a shorter dress is such a classy look to me.

    Hope your week is going well, Mica! Well done on the $10 opshop bag!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Nah, the first outfit doesn't look too Christmassy. Only if you tell people it is ;)

    ReplyDelete
  13. The bag is lovely and it suits both outfits.
    https://www.melodyjacob.com/2022/12/do-you-know-that-prune-juice-can-relieve-constipation.html

    ReplyDelete
  14. The $10 deal at the opshop sounds so fantastic. What a great way to save some money on wonderful items! I love both outfits (and that amazing red purse) but the second dress is especially fabulous. I love the print!
    the creation of beauty is art.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love the bag with both dresses!

    Michelle
    https://funkyfashionstyle.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. This bag is awesome and it looks great. I like so much this second dress - totally my cup of tea <3

    ReplyDelete
  17. El segundo vestido es precioso, saludos:D

    ReplyDelete
  18. It is interesting that the bag seems to go with everything despite the bold color.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thank you all for your comments :)

    ReplyDelete

Your feedback on my outfits and any constructive criticism is welcomed. I appreciate the time you take to leave a kind comment. Make sure to tick 'Notify me' if you've asked a question so you get an email response :)

Feel free to leave a link to your blog so I can check it out. "Follow me" or "follow for follow" comment spam will not be published.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...