Wednesday 7 December 2022

Printed Shift Dresses and Mini Crossbody Bags

A couple of very hot days at the end of spring recently in Brisbane made these easy printed shift dresses the best option! Worn with some of my mini Rebecca Minkoff bags because I really needed to feel as light as possible with the heat and humidity!


What I wore:


Rebecca Minkoff chevron quilted small Love crossbody bag in pale coral


DressAtmos & Here Willow printed tee dress
ShoesNew Balance Coast women's running shoe in black 
Bracelets: the usual
BagRebecca Minkoff chevron quilted small Love crossbody bag in pale coral


Why I wore it:

Practical supportive sneakers for a little bit of driving around, with the school run, helping in my son's classroom, working from home, and then having to run a few errands after picking the boys up from school. We had to get a gift for an upcoming birthday party, and had some overdue library books to return as well.

Such a hot spring day meant a light tee dress like this was perfect. I really like all of the colours in the tropical floral print of this dress, but I think this is the first time I've ever tried wearing orange with it, despite a little bit of peach in the print. I think that the coral Rebecca Minkoff small Love crossbody bag really pops with the green background of the dress. It was a colour combination that made me happy.


Last worn: tropical print shift dress, New Balance sneakers, pale coral Rebecca Minkoff small Love bag.

Other ways to weartropical print shift dress under a skirt, pale coral Rebecca Minkoff small Love bag and maxi dress.

Perfect for pregnancytropical floral print shift dress in second trimester.


Rebecca Minkoff Handbag Collection:






What I wore:


Rebecca Minkoff olive mini Darren with striped tee dress


Necklace: terrazzo and wood rose gold bead necklace
DressCotton On 'Tina' white striped tee dress in Lissy black / Gardenia
Shoesslim navy and pink Havaianas
Bracelets: the usual
BagRebecca Minkoff olive mini Darren


Why I wore it:

Got a bit of a quiff going on! We were, as usual, running late that morning and with the heat and humidity my hair was not quite behaving. Had to tie my hair back as after quickly resolving an issue at work we were off to a pool party for the day. Perfect weather for it!

This little striped tee dress was a great bikini cover up, and the necklace was an attempt to dress it up a little, although it spent most of the party in my bag as I was in the pool with the kids. Too hot to sit on the side lines!

Other than my car keys and phone I really didn't need much as I had a big beach tote with towels and swimming accessories and a change of clothes for the kids, so this little mini Rebecca Minkoff Darren bag was perfect for carrying so little.


Last worn: black white striped tee dress, terrazzo necklace, Havaianas, Rebecca Minkoff olive small Darren bag.

Other ways to wearblack white striped tee dress layered for winter, Rebecca Minkoff olive small Darren bag with mustard.



How You Can Wear It:

On a hot day, a light shift dress is perfect. With an added print and a cute little crossbody bag, it's an effortless way of getting ready. As you can see in the second outfit too, it's a great bikini cover up as well!




Follow Away From the Blue on:
Bloglovin
Twitter : Instagram Youtube : Facebook : LikeToKnow.It 

15 comments:

  1. Love both shift dresses! I will never forget the floral one because of the gorgeous colors.

    https://www.kathrineeldridge.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you have been super busy. Hope you find some time to relax.

    http://www.amysfashionblog.com/blog-home

    ReplyDelete
  3. Los dos outfits son muy bonitos, sobre todo el vestido de rayas, saludos:D

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE the orange bag with the green printed dress, Mica - it looks so good with that! I am a major fan of the striped dress too - but this bag feels a little "meh" with it. It's a lovely bag, but I found myself wishing for some colour, like a bright yellow. :) Have a good week, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I think a bigger or brighter bag would have worked better - or a more colourful necklace! Was perfectly practical for a pool party but maybe needed something a bit more to look better!

      Delete
  5. It looks like you kept cool in your outfits.

    ReplyDelete
  6. As the temperature is dropping below zero here, it's hard to imagine it being hot and having to dress for heat and humidity!
    Being a fan of colour, your first outfit is my favourite. That pale coral bag is just perfect with it, what a gorgeous colour! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's such a fun colour of bag, I really should wear it more often!

      Delete
  7. That mini dress is lovely. I like how it just pops with style. I hope your having a great week. https://www.bauchlefashion.com/2022/12/the-new-luxury-of-anonymous-anti-it-bag.html?spref=pi&m=1

    ReplyDelete
  8. That coral purse is beautiful and looks wonderful with that dress. I absolutely adore the striped dress in the second look. It is so fabulous!
    the creation of beauty is art.  

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the flower dress. You are so cute... kisses

    http://www.ioannesbaby.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. Both of these pretty dresses have me dreaming of warmth, my friend! While it's technically fall, it feels like winter is here in Ohio, so I'm already wishing it was spring/summer, haha.

    Make Life Marvelous

    ReplyDelete
  11. The peach is so fun with your green floral dress! I love it! And that mini Darren bag is just darling!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I especially love the green, tropical dress.

    Michelle
    https://funkyfashionstyle.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank you all for your comments :)

    ReplyDelete

Your feedback on my outfits and any constructive criticism is welcomed. I appreciate the time you take to leave a kind comment. Make sure to tick 'Notify me' if you've asked a question so you get an email response :)

Feel free to leave a link to your blog so I can check it out. "Follow me" or "follow for follow" comment spam will not be published.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...