Friday 13 January 2023

What I Bought in December - Massive Opshop Haul!

I've previously shared my annual fashion spend and what I bought in 2022, but really wanted to make a post sharing my December purchases.

As usual, I'd finished my Christmas present shopping before December, so was ignoring all the pre-Christmas sales. Until I got the notification that my local opshop was finishing out the closing days of the year before Christmas with a "fill a bag for $10" sale.

This time it wasn't just clothes, it was anything in the store that you could fit into a bag, and you paid $10. If it didn't fit in the bag, it was just $1. The kids and I had a great time shopping - toys, puzzles, games and books for them, and a few new items of clothing for me!


What I Thrifted In December:



  • thrifted Kmart black and white embellished cover up
  • thrifted Kmart dusty rose cami (left out of video accidentally!)
  • thrifted No label chambray tie strap cami
  • thrifted Cotton On orange and white stripe The One crew neck tee
  • thrifted Forever 21 wine ribbed knit jumper
  • thrifted Valleygirl navy jersey blazer
  • thrifted Kmart rust button up linen blend skirt 2020
  • thrifted Kmart fuchsia linen blend shorts 2020
  • thrifted Kmart mustard linen blend pull on shorts

This whole haul was just $10! Everything works out to less than a dollar if you consider the things the kids got as well which I didn't include in the video. Such bargains!

I always aim to wear everything I buy within the month I buy it. It's something I started doing after having too many unworn pieces in my wardrobe during a clean out. It works pretty well and slows down my impulse buying, but I definitely threw that goal out when buying these pieces - I wasn't going to have enough days left in December to wear everything I bought, but I knew they'd get a lot of wear in 2023.


The only seasonal appropriate piece I haven't worn twice yet is the dusty rose cami - but January has been a bit of an unexpected one and I'll hopefully get to wear it tomorrow. The blazer and wine knit I will be able to enjoy when the weather cools.



Here's how I've worn it all so far:





I of course got a few things added to my wardrobe as Christmas presents too, like this dress, and this bag, so I'm excited for all the new outfit combinations I'll be able to wear for 2023! It's helped me ignore all the January sales, got so many new outfits I want to try from the pieces in my own wardrobe.





Follow Away From the Blue on:
Bloglovin
Twitter : Instagram Youtube : Facebook : LikeToKnow.It 




28 comments:

  1. That sale sounds so fun! Looks like you picked up a lot of great stuff.

    https://www.kathrineeldridge.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely love that you can get all these great pieces and it only be $10 for everything, that's just amazing!! You are so good at buying things you'll wear too and finding new ways to style them too!

    Wishing you a wonderful weekend, my friend! :)

    Make Life Marvelous

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I love these sales, the local opshops are always so affordable but the sales make it even better!

      Delete
  3. You found some amazing pieces! What a great haul.

    Michelle
    https://funkyfashionstyle.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sometimes you really can't pass up a good sale. Glad to see you are going to get a lot of good wear from those pieces.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You find amazing thrifting deals! I wish we had good thrift stores like that here. Sometimes I find things new cheaper than thrifting. Way to go!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Our small local opshops are always the way to go - I've seen a few big chain ones where it's cheaper to buy the item new than second hand, but you can find bargains there too sometimes!

      Delete
  6. You got so many things for 10 dollars. Way to go. I need to get back in to thrifting again.

    http://www.amysfashionblog.com/blog-home

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's much more time consuming than shopping retail, but can be a lot of fun too!

      Delete
  7. It's pretty amazing that you were able to snag so much for such a low price. You always seem to find the best pieces and score amazing deals.
    the creation of beauty is art.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I like to make the most of sales like these!

      Delete
  8. Wow an entire haul for just $10 is really super amazing deal! And it's awesome how you always try to work your new buys into outfits right away.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it was a great deal and it's fun making sure everything I buy works in my wardrobe right away!

      Delete
  9. Geniales compras te mando un beso.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love those linen shorts! I'm sure you will get so much wear out of them! What a haul!! Thanks for sharing!

    https://marshainthemiddle.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. Owwww!!!
    Amazing clothes!!!!
    I love all of these

    Thanks for sharing, I love your looks *-*
    Have a totally nice weekend
    Kisses ♥

    ReplyDelete
  12. That's an impressive haul, Mica! I'm particularly loving the fuchsia shorts and the rust button up skirt! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sales like that are amazing. We don't really have them where I live, but in the bigger cities.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We have a lot of great opshops around that have sales like this - it's so much fun to shop!

      Delete
  14. I wish our op shops had those kinds of sales. Gosh what a great haul you got.
    XOOX
    Jodie
    www.jtouchofstyle.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. You thrifted some great items. Well done! I really like the pink shorts.

    ReplyDelete
  16. That was quite a haul, Mica!
    I especially love the fuchsia shorts.

    Hugs and blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Halfway through January shopping my closet. I used cash money from selling some things to pick up a piece for an upcoming posts but that is it. I am saving gift money to shop next month and hoping to finish off this month without using it.
    www.chezmireillefashiontravelmom.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good luck with the rest of your no-shop January! I haven't bought any fashion things this month either - enjoying my December finds and new things I got for Christmas still!

      Delete
  18. Thanks all for your comments on my haul!

    ReplyDelete

Your feedback on my outfits and any constructive criticism is welcomed. I appreciate the time you take to leave a kind comment. Make sure to tick 'Notify me' if you've asked a question so you get an email response :)

Feel free to leave a link to your blog so I can check it out. "Follow me" or "follow for follow" comment spam will not be published.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...