Friday 6 January 2023

Casual Christmas Outfits With Festive Tees and Shorts

Two casual festive tee and shorts outfits I wore for Christmas, for two very different days!

What I wore:

movie world white christmas outfit olive shorts red tote crossbody and festive reindeer tee | awayfromblue

olive shorts and Rebecca Minkoff red micro Avery cross body bag | awayfromtheblue


Necklace: personalised gold children's names charm necklace
Tee: Merry Christmas deer antler tee
Shorts: Jeanswest Tessa olive embroidered shorts
ShoesNew Balance Coast women's running shoe in black 
Bracelets: the usual
BagRebecca Minkoff red micro Avery cross body bag


Why I wore it:

Wore this for a night out to Movie World for the annual White Christmas event. It's become a tradition, and it's so much fun! They have fake snow, the rides are open, there is a parade at the end of the night. We had a really good time, as always!

Wanted to be very Christmassy but also comfortable as it was such a humid evening - it ended up raining during the parade but we luckily had a spot undercover.

This little Rebecca Minkoff Avery tote bag is a great crossbody as it fits my essentials and my camera for the evening. I've worn it to this event before in a previous year. And with the red festive tee and the olive green shorts, it was a very Christmas-y outfit.


Last worn: festive reindeer tee, gold charm necklace, olive shorts, New Balance sneakers, Rebecca Minkoff micro Avery tote.

Other ways to wearfestive reindeer tee and maxi skirt, olive shorts worn 30 ways, Rebecca Minkoff micro Avery tote worn 30 ways.



Red Handbag Collection:





What I wore:

Christmas eve outfit printed shorts festive glitter santa tee | awayfromblue

Rebecca Minkoff medium unlined tote in black with shellac studded dome hardware | awayfromtheblue


Earrings: Colette Ciao Bella glitter ball drop earrings
Tee: festive glitter Santa tee
Shorts: Jeanswest Parker printed shirred short
Shoesslim navy and pink Havaianas
Bracelets: the usual plus Christmas ribbon bracelet
BagRebecca Minkoff medium unlined tote in black with shellac studded dome hardware


Why I wore it:

This was an utterly exhausting day. It was Christmas eve, and as we were hosting Christmas at our place this year it was going to be a fun food and family filled day. Unfortunately my son needed to be rushed to the hospital and we ended up spending most of the day there. Thankfully the doctors and nurses got on top of things so we could return home later in the afternoon for Christmas eve! 

When I got home and got my son settled I quickly changed from the clothes I'd grabbed at the last minute that morning into this more festive Santa glitter tee and these cute black printed shorts. Thankfully I'd planned my outfit out in advance. As we were spending the afternoon at home I didn't really need a bag, but had this one in the photos anyway as I'd grabbed it in the morning and filled it with water bottles and books and snacks in case we had a long stay at the hospital. I was regretting not filling it with more food in fact!

It was a bit of a more rushed Christmas eve than usual but we tried to make it special for the kids, and we were just grateful we could be at home together for it in the end.


Last worn: gold bauble earrings, green festive Santa tee, black printed shorts, ribbon bracelet, Havaianas, Rebecca Minkoff black unlined tote.

Other ways to weargreen festive Santa tee and maxi skirt, black printed shorts and cardigan, Rebecca Minkoff black unlined tote and midi dress.

Perfect for pregnancygreen festive Santa tee and maxi skirt.



How You Can Wear It:

For a summer Christmas, a festive tee and cute shorts is the perfect casual outfit!




Follow Away From the Blue on:
Bloglovin
Twitter : Instagram Youtube : Facebook : LikeToKnow.It 

29 comments:

  1. Despite the scare on Christmas Eve (I read in on Twitter when you first shared it there) I am glad to hear that the other day was much more fun. It is always strange to me to see Christmas t-shirts, as for us it is the middle of winter, but the Santa one is really festive.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It was certainly a Christmas to remember! :(

      Delete
  2. I adore these fun tees! Have a great weekend Mica!

    https://www.kathrineeldridge.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness! That White Christmas event sounds like so much fun. I'm glad you had such a good time. I just adore that Christmas shirt you wore with the deer. It is so fun and festive. Definitely a nice way to be seasonal but still comfy during the event!

    Christmas Eve sounds like it was a really full day. I'm so sorry that your son needed to be rushed to the hospital. How awful. I am so glad everyone was able to return home in the afternoon. Sending you lots of love. The Santa glitter shirt is wonderful and definitely a great way to enjoy the good parts of the holiday. So glad the family could all be together, even though things did not go as planned. <3

    the creation of beauty is art.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I'm glad we were home in the end, it was hard being in hospital Christmas eve but would have been even harder if we were there Christmas day!

      Delete
  4. Cute outfits. I had seen on IG that you son was in the hospital. Glad he doing well.

    http://www.amysfashionblog.com/blog-home

    ReplyDelete
  5. just how cute are these two! This has been a fantastic festive season to me, I enjoyed it endlessly. Today is the 3 Kings day so I am taking everything down, it makes your poost spot on! Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you and your wonderful family! Many blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ugh Christmas and humidity is not two words I want to hear in the same sentence. And wowzie I am sorry this happened and on Christmas Eve of all days. I hope your son is OK. Lets hope 2023 is going to be a better year...


    Allie of
    www.allinyc.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh no! I'm so glad that your son is okay now, Mica, but how scary and awful that must have been for all of you! You are adorable in your cute Xmas tees! Of course you had to have your bag in your Xmas Eve pic! it wouldn't be you without one!

    Have an excellent weekend, my dear friend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. so true - I don't know what to do with my hands without a bag, ha! It was a stressful Christmas eve, but just glad we got home.

      Delete
  8. Sorry you had to spend Christmas Eve in the hospital. Scary. I hope things are all well now.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm sorry to hear your son had to be rushed to hospital, Mica, but I'm glad they soon got on top of the problem. Must have been scary, though, and what a thing to have happened on Christmas Eve! Loving the Christmas tee, but as always it boggles my mind that one is able to wear shorts and a tee at Christmas :-) xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't imagine not wearing summer things at Christmas, haha! I'm glad we got home for Christmas :)

      Delete
  10. I hope your son feel good! Happy New Year for you and your family :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh I just love that second outfit; both are so very cute and festive though. I must admit it's always a bit disconcerting to me to see summer clothes for Christmas though as we tend to be freezing here by then! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  12. Geniales looks te mando un beso.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Los dos outfits son muy bonitos, pero me enamoro la segunda camiseta, saludos:D

    ReplyDelete
  14. Like your festive tees :) Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh yes this is a pretty nice price =) I love to eat hamburgers and chocolate is always nice.

    Great post with cute outfits =) The second one is so nice, really perfect for the holiday season <3 I love the santa print. Happy new year too

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh no! I’m so sorry your son was so sick. I hope he’s on the mend now. Ha! It’s fun to see your Christmas tee shirts. Our are always Christmas sweaters.

    Michelle
    https://funkyfashionstyle.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, definitely can't wear any knits in the heat here for Christmas! He's much better now!

      Delete
  17. Oh gosh, Christmas and an ER visit are never a good combination! (...well, nothing is a good combination with the ER, now is it? ha). I hope your son is doing better now!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. True, it was a very hectic day, but just so glad we got it all figured out and got to go home for Christmas!

      Delete
  18. Sending healing thoughts. I love the santa tee. How wonderful to have it be so warm for the holiday.
    XOXO
    Jodie

    ReplyDelete
  19. Sorry about the anxious holiday. Hope you're doing well now. The first outfit is really cute; love the colors. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Graphic tees are so much fun!

    Funny enough, this is the same type of outfit we wear in Florida for Christmas too, flip flops and all! Hehe.

    Alexandra

    ReplyDelete
  21. Thank you all for your comments and good wishes for my son - he is back to normal now thankfully!

    ReplyDelete

Your feedback on my outfits and any constructive criticism is welcomed. I appreciate the time you take to leave a kind comment. Make sure to tick 'Notify me' if you've asked a question so you get an email response :)

Feel free to leave a link to your blog so I can check it out. "Follow me" or "follow for follow" comment spam will not be published.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...