Thursday 14 January 2021

Bermuda Shorts And Kimonos With Balenciaga First Bag

Starting to share some outfits on the blog featuring some of the gorgeous new pieces I got for Christmas at last. With today's post I'm sharing a new silk kimono, as well as some new Bermuda shorts and a pretty silver necklace. Simple outfits for hot summer days.


What I wore:

gold and burgundy silk kimono with red tee and white Bermuda denim shorts turquoise Balenciaga bag | away from blue

Balenciaga first bag in 2006 Blue India with red tee and kimono | away from blue



JacketLocal Women's Handicrafts gold and burgundy silk kimono
Necklace: thrifted pearl and heart charm long necklace
Tee: Jeanswest Emma woven trim tee in terracotta
Shorts: thrifted Emerson white Bermuda shorts
Shoesthrifted Adidas Superstar sneakers
BagBalenciaga first bag in 2006 Blue India


Why I wore it:

This outfit came together so nicely! I wanted to try a bit of matchy-matchy with a red tee to compliment the burgundy in the mixed paisley print of the silk kimono I got from my mother in law. While I do have darker red and even burgundy tees, I thought this lighter red would work nicely, although it's a different shade, and I really liked the way this turned out! Added a pretty layered gold necklace to match the gold in the kimono print too. While I do have quite a kimono collection, this is the first silk one I've owned! It was nice for a humid day, running between activities with a post-surgery appointment for my son in the morning, a catch-up with a friend and belated exchange of Christmas presents in the afternoon, and then karate lessons after dinner. The Adidas superstar are so comfortable, and like the white Bermuda shorts are a lucky opshop find. Perfect for all the running around we did.

With all the matchy-matchy to the kimono I thought a bit of contrast would be fun too so I wore this pretty turquoise Balenciaga first bag.






What I wore:

Jeanswest Eliza summer poncho in yellow floral with striped tank and black Bermuda denim shorts Balenciaga bag | away from the blue

striped tank with Balenciaga first bag in 2006 Blue India | awayfromtheblue



Jacket: Jeanswest Eliza summer poncho in yellow floral
Necklace: Kmart silver long circle pendant necklace
Tank: Jeanswest 'Josie' striped back strap tank
Shorts: Jeanswest Heather Bermuda short in black
ShoesWittner 'Jasmarie' studded sandals
BagBalenciaga first bag in 2006 Blue India


Why I wore it:

These are officially called the "Heather Bermuda shorts" at Jeanswest but they look so cute (if a little shorter) with the hem rolled up so they are not quite Bermuda length on me! Perfect length for the day though. We headed out for a walk along our favourite trail in the morning, before it got too hot and humid. It did heat up so quickly though so we ended up spending over an hour in the library afterwards. I sat relaxing in the aircon and we picked out some new books for us all, while apparently almost an hour playing the computer in the kid's area "wasn't long enough" for my son 😂

I'm so glad we got to pick up a few new books at the library that day as a couple of days later they announced a 3 day lockdown for Brisbane. With the new books and still some not yet played with toys from Christmas we kept the boys busy at home until the lockdown was lifted at the end of the 3 days.

I've tried print mixing with this striped tank in the past, with mixed results. But I really liked this combination with the white and navy stripes and the bright yellow printed kimono. It was such a nice combination with the turquoise Balenciaga first bag too. I didn't want to over-accessorise with the heat and humidity so this silver circle necklace I got for Christmas was perfect, as were the studded sandals.



Last wornyellow poncho kimono, white striped tank, studded sandals, Balenciaga first bag (above). First time I've worn the necklace and the Bermuda shorts as they were recent gifts.

Other ways to wearyellow poncho kimono with olive shorts, white striped tank and maxi skirt, studded sandals and maxi dress, Balenciaga first bag with navy dress.

Perfect for pregnancywhite striped tank in second trimester, studded sandals in second trimester.



How You Can Wear It:


Casual Bermuda shorts are great mum-essentials in the summer heat! Long enough to not have to worry while running around with the kids or attending appointments, in classic black or white they will be wardrobe staples. It's so easy to change it up each time you wear them too by adding a fun printed kimono on top - a nice bit of physical sun coverage when you're outdoors too!





Follow Away From the Blue on:
Bloglovin
Twitter : Instagram Youtube : Facebook : LikeToKnow.It 

56 comments:

  1. I feel like my kimonos didn't get worn as much in the last year since we were home. I do love them though and am always on the lookout for new ones to add to the collection.
    I like both of the ones you shared here - I seem to gravitate towards the longer ones. I love how flowy they are and I feel so chic when I wear them!
    xo,
    Kellyann

    ReplyDelete
  2. So beautiful outfit Mica and your kimono is very amazing. Have a nice day!
    https://chicchedimamma.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Twenty kimonos !?? I think its a fair number as I am witness that you get a lot of wear from them and they are all different ;)
    Plus, they are your signature piece.
    I use to have two, now I have 1 and I love it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha yes I do have a lot! You're right, they get worn often :)

      Delete
  4. Hey dear I loved the kimono style! Your outfit is amazing! <3

    www.pimentamaisdoce.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooh loving the new Kimono, such a great color combo! And those shorts are the length I've been looking for! Maybe one day I'll find them around here, haha!
    https://www.closet-fashionista.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. so hard to find shorts in a nice longer length being petite!

      Delete
  6. Oh wow. The kimono and shirt pairing in the first outfit is beautiful! I just love those warm colours and they way they compliment one another. You always look so fabulous!
    the creation of beauty is art.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love to wear kimonos in summer: they're the perfect add to any outfit!
    Both outifts look so nice, but my fav is the 1st, love the boho vibes of it!
    XO
    S
    https://s-fashion-avenue.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those Bermuda shorts really work with that kimono! I love how they're more fitting and then the kimono is more flowy! Plus, I have a pair of Bermuda shorts that are just regular denim, but you've convinced me that I need a white pair now! :)

    Carrie
    curlycraftymom.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the new kimono Mica. And I think that's a perfect example how you don't always have to match the color yet it looks fabulous!!
    XOOX
    Jodie
    www.jtouchofstyle.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Mica,
    I know just by seeing your bags ahahah!! Two more beautiful outfits, you know I love kimonos too!
    Tomorrow we are in lockdown again, things here are getting worst!
    Big kiss

    marisasclosetblog.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope your lockdown doesn't last too long!

      Delete
  11. I like both outfits on you Mica. The Kimono and bags are really pretty too. Thanks for the blog visit and I hope you have a nice weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your paisley kimono is so pretty! The rich colors and print are lightened up perfectly with the white shorts! Hope you are having a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  13. These are 2 great looks, loving the shorts :-D

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh wow! Loving both kimonos, Mica, but that silk one....so jealous:D And that's great you were able to get books before the lockdown. We started our state of emergency here today so we are technically at "stay-at-home" order until FEb 10:(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope your lockdown works and it's lifted next week as you expect! that's such a long one!

      Delete
  15. I really liked how you styled the white shorts! Honestly, I just love white clothes! LOL Have a great week!
    PerlaGiselle | iamperlita.com
    ♥ | INSTAGRAM

    ReplyDelete
  16. Really love the Bermuda shorts. I haven't worn ones in so long. This post makes me wish it was already summer here.

    www.fashionradi.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. Kimono is the best choice for a light, comfortable outer and you nailed the styling! Admire the color combination and also how you pair the Balenciaga bag, colorful and chic!

    Let's keep in touch!
    xoxo,
    |CHELSHEAFLO|

    www.chelsheaflo.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. Such lovely outfits! I especially love the first one, I love how the colours work together xx

    Hannah | https://luxuryblush.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  19. Your new Bermuda shorts are real wardrobe staples, and I'm swooning over your new (silk!) kimono! What a gorgeous colour and print, and that terracotta tee works wonders with it. So sorry to hear about your three day lockdown. I do hope it did the trick to help prevent the virus from spreading. Wishing you a lovely weekend ahead, Mica! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, 3 days over the weekend was easy to do and it did work - no community cases of the virus, phew! :)

      Delete
  20. That bag and color are so beautiful and I like how you match it with other colors, especially yellow cardigan. Have a nice weekend.

    New Post - https://www.exclusivebeautydiary.com/2021/01/kerastase-nutritive-nectar-thermique.html

    ReplyDelete
  21. Your kimonos are so cute! I can't wait for summer so I can rock mine out again!

    Katie | katieemmabeauty.com

    ReplyDelete
  22. I like kimonos and actually occasionally wear one in the warmer weather. I especially like the one in your first picture.

    Hope you're having a good summer (I think it's summer there). I'm looking forward to ours.
    Grace & Peace, Iris
    www.IrisOriginalsRamblings.com

    ReplyDelete
  23. I love both outfits, but especially the one with the red top!

    I hope you have a wonderful weekend :)

    Ekaterina | Polar Bear Style

    ReplyDelete
  24. You sure have an awesome kimino collection. Glad you were able to keep the boys entrainmened during the lockdown.

    http://www.amysfashionblog.com/blog-home

    ReplyDelete
  25. Nice outfits with the great handbag!

    Have a lovely weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  26. I love both of those outfits, Mica! Your new kimono is so pretty!

    Michelle
    https://mybijoulifeonline.com

    ReplyDelete
  27. I love both of those outfits, Mica! Your new kimono is so pretty!

    Michelle
    https://mybijoulifeonline.com

    ReplyDelete
  28. Ooooh I like your outfit! Really casual and everything just fits well together. Your kimono is so cute - I haven't worn one in forever! Need to find excuses to go out more LOL. Your Balenciaga bag is so cute! Love that it fits in with so many different outfits! Still keeping it simple :). Hopefully you're enjoying the end of the lockdown!

    Nancy ✨ mdrnminimalists.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it was just a 3 day lockdown, nice and simple! :)

      Delete
  29. Very pretty outfits. I love the yellow kimono. I've never worn one of those; you make it look good.

    ReplyDelete
  30. You look so beautiful in both looks, Mica! Love the silk kimono and also that yellow jacket. So pretty and functional! Happy weekend, my friend!

    http://lizzyslatest.com/

    ReplyDelete
  31. There is just somethign about kimonos, isn't there? I love wearing them in the warmer months and have even had a go at making my own on the sewing machine!
    You have styled yours beautifully!

    Aimsy xoxo
    Aimsy’s Antics

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How awesome! I'd love to make my own but I'm not that talented!

      Delete
  32. These kimonos look so cute and I love the bright colors. I love how you styled both outfits x

    Laura
    https://www.beautywithlala.com/

    ReplyDelete
  33. I am a tad jealous about the summer season there!
    How cool are these outfits??
    Don't Call Me Fashion Blogger
    Facebook
    Bloglovin'

    ReplyDelete
  34. The kimonos are really cute I liked the first one
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  35. Such cute looks! You have so many great kimonos.

    ReplyDelete
  36. Both kimonos are beautiful! The weather looks amazing.

    https://www.kathrineeldridge.com

    ReplyDelete
  37. Beautiful yellow! Looks really great with the black and white. I don't do much black and white (anymore), but I'm trying to learn to use them to let my accessories tell the story with it's color.

    Alexandra
    EyeLoveKnots.com

    ReplyDelete
  38. This bag has a stunning shade. It fits so perfectly into both outfits. In any outfit it is perfect
    http://www.recklessdiary.ru/

    ReplyDelete
  39. I love pairing shorts with kimonos, in fact it's all I wear all summer long here in California! These looks are both so cute. Hope you had a great weekend!

    Shauna

    www.lipglossandlace.net

    ReplyDelete
  40. Stellar outfits, both of them, Mica! I love your new silk kimono - I find silk is the best fabric, both for warmth and for hot weather. The red-coral top you picked is perfect with the first outfit, and your turquoise bag is the PERFECT colour to pop against the red-toned colours.

    I love the striped tee with the yellow-patterned kimono in the second outfit - it's a super pattern mix. Love the sandals, and again, that turquoise bag is awesome with this colour palette. Lovely!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's definitely my fanciest kimono, I'll have to take good care of it!

      Delete
  41. I love the turquoise bag with yellow, those colors are so pretty together! And I love that kimono in your first look, the print is so gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  42. Thanks all for your lovely comments :)

    ReplyDelete

Your feedback on my outfits and any constructive criticism is welcomed. I appreciate the time you take to leave a kind comment. Make sure to tick 'Notify me' if you've asked a question so you get an email response :)

Feel free to leave a link to your blog so I can check it out. "Follow me" or "follow for follow" comment spam will not be published.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...