Thursday 20 August 2020

Blue Knits, Black Jeans, Magenta Edie Bag, and Face Masks

Two very similar outfits with blue knits, black skinny jeans and my magenta Rebecca Minkoff Edie crossbody bag. Oh and some face masks too!

Queensland had a bit of a shock in July when some people lied about where they had been when they returned to the state (to avoid mandatory quarantine) and brought the virus with them from an outbreak in another state. It resulted in our first community cases in months. Previously the cases in Queensland had been contained to people returning to the state and doing their mandatory quarantine and not interacting with the public.

Since our suburb was then made a "restricted area" due to the higher than usual chance of catching the virus, one of our big supermarket brands requested that people wear a face mask in store. Not requiring, just requesting. As I already bought a few masks I decided I'd wear them when I shopped. I usually do all my grocery shopping online now, but with the cases rising in Victoria and the fear of more cases locally, not everything has been in stock and so I've had to go to the supermarket more than I'd like.

I took some pics while wearing the masks as although it may be controversial in some places I think there is no harm in putting on an extra piece of pretty fabric for a quick 15 minute shop to pick up essentials, if it makes the staff and other shoppers feel better. It makes me feel like I'm doing my bit too, although hopefully cases continue to stay low here and I won't be needing to wear masks outside the grocery store!

What I wore:

blue mossman knit with black nobody denim skinny jeans converse Rebecca Minkoff edie magenta bag purple scarf | awayfromblue

ribbed blue knit jumper with Rebecca Minkoff Edie small crossbody bag in magenta | awayfromtheblue

awayfromblue Instagram | blue knit, black skinny jeans, purple scarf magenta crossbody bag and matching face mask

Earrings: Ana Luisa 'Olivia' tassel earrings in pink
ScarfFashion Scarf Girl lush forest scarf
Sweater: thrifted blue Mossman knit jumper
JeansNobody Denim Siren skinny super high-rise jeans in power black denim (c/o)
ShoesConverse Chuck Taylor All Star low in black
BagRebecca Minkoff Edie small crossbody bag in magenta

Why I wore it:

This was a bit of a mixed day! I'd got my online grocery order earlier in the week but it didn't have everything I needed. One of the things missing was a snack I'd planned to take as a "bring a plate" to socially distant drinks later that evening, so I had to go out to the grocery store that morning when I realised I otherwise had nothing to bring! My baking skills aren't quite good enough to inflict them on non family members yet!

Didn't want to get dressed up just for the evening so wore the same thing all day - this great bright blue cropped knit that works so well with these high waisted Nobody Denim skinny jeans. It's not so good with low waisted jeans! Added a little extra interest with the printed Fashion Scarf Girl scarf and my pink and gold statement earrings. The earrings made my first mask wearing a littler trickier than expected but I got there in the end.

I'd wanted to wear the magenta Rebecca Minkoff Edie bag as it is such a fun pop with the blue knit, and I was pleased when I realised that this mask almost matched it!





What I wore:

sass and bide playman printed skinny jeans with cobalt marle knit magenta edie crossbody bag | awayfromblue

cobalt marle knit with Rebecca Minkoff Edie small crossbody bag in magenta | away from the blue


Necklace: Colette marble and gold pendant drop long necklace
Top: thrifted Valleygirl blue knit jumper
JeansSass & Bide Playman skinny jeans
ShoesConverse Chuck Taylor All Star low in black
BagRebecca Minkoff Edie small crossbody bag in magenta

Why I wore it:

A very similar outfit to the one above with the blue knit and black jean combo, although with a warmer morning I didn't need a scarf as I wore this a week later. I wore this pretty gold and marble pendant necklace instead of a scarf, the pinks and purples went nicely with the Rebecca Minkoff Edie crossbody bag even though the necklace is gold and the hardware on the bag is silver.

As I wasn't wearing a scarf I thought I'd wear these printed skinny jeans to add an extra touch of interest - they are really fun but sometimes can be tricky to wear if I try add other prints with them. They work better, like here, as the statement print in the outfit. I did wish I'd worn a scarf in the afternoon when the wild weather blew in, but it was a much warmer morning than expected.

Stopped by my favourite photo taking spot after the school drop off before yet another Woolies trip, so I wore this pretty floral mask. Thankfully even though things have been out of stock when I've made online orders I've been able to get the things I needed in stores when I visit.


How You Can Wear It:

Black and blue look great together! Try a blue knit with black skinny jeans. For an extra pop of colour, try pink accessories too - they go so well with blue and stand out against black jeans.


Follow Away From the Blue on:
Bloglovin
Twitter : Instagram Youtube : Facebook : LikeToKnow.It 

49 comments:

  1. Good for you for wearing a mask. It's required here and still not everyone wears them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. People are nutty about the mask stuff - it drives me crazy. Where I live there are now mandatory in all indoor public spaces and there have already been several ugly instances of people refusing to wear them and then throwing a fit when asked to do so or leave. I just don't get all the fuss. I mean I can't go into a store without pants on and that's for the protection and comfort of other shoppers and the store's employees - so what's so different about a mask? I invested in a small stock of about 5 of them so I make sure I'm cleaning them frequently and I also got some super cute little ones for Eleanor for the odd time I have to take her to an appointment or. something. I wish we all just work together and do our part as individuals to stop community spread...and that people would realize that they can wear a mask diligently right now for a few weeks or months or have to have assed wear one for like the next two years if we don't get the community transmission under control.

    Courtney ~ Sartorial Sidelines

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's always funny to me how people say not to pair black and blue together when it's one of the best combos!
    Good for you for wearing the mask even if it wasn't required! I don't see why people are making a big deal out of it either. It's better to be safe than pass it on to someone else if you happen to have it.
    https://www.closet-fashionista.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yikes, sorry to hear about that! How awful of those people! I think of masks like seat belts in cars: you're not always going to get in a car wreck or accident when you wear one, but you'll be glad you did if something happens! I think it's just considerate for others.

    I love that your mask matches your purse, Mica! So stylin'! :) I have had the cropped top + low-rise pants issue - leads to much crack-a-lackin', ha ha! I hope you have a good rest of your week, my dear!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha yes that's a great way of putting it - need to be more considerate with what I pair this knit with to avoid that!

      Delete
  5. Two lovely outfits, Mica! That shade of blue really does suit you very well. And I'm loving the addition of a pop of magenta from your bag. I do applaud you for a) doing your bit by wearing your mask when shopping and b) showing them here on your blog. This might actually convince people that it's not such a bad thing, and that masks can be treated as just another accessory! We are obliged to wear masks all the time in shops and busy streets. It's not always comfortable, but I'm trying to bring some fun to it by having a whole collection to choose from. I've been wearing masks on the blog too and even have a photo of part of my collection in my latest post. If just one person is convinced by it, then it's totally worth it, I think! I hope your week is going well, Mica! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies

    1. I have seen some great stylish mask and outfit combinations from people like yourself who have more local cases and have to wear them more often! Thankfully it's only an occasional wear thing here as we haven't had any local cases in over 3 weeks now.

      Delete
  6. I love the mask in that first outfit, it goes to well with your bag and the blues in your outfit. I need to work better about coordinating my mask with my outfit!

    Carrie
    curlycraftymom.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. These outfits are so pretty! I don't have a lot of blue, but I always enjoy wearing it.

    As for the face masks, we have to wear them here whenever we enter a public building, but the cases still seem to be going up unfortunately...

    Ekaterina | Polar Bear Style

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh so love your pants!!! so unexpected and perfectly styled with cobalt blue!
    xo eva

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my goodness. I can't believe people would lie about where they had been to avoid quarantine. That is sickening. I hate that you are now having to deal with an increased risk because of the selfishness of others. I hope you and your family stay safe. You look beautiful as always <3
    the creation of beauty is art.

    ReplyDelete
  10. We've been required to wear masks for months now and it's becoming the norm. I'm sorry to hear you are back to that point after some stupid decisions other people made. At least there are some cute masks! That bright blue of both of your sweaters is so pretty on you!

    ReplyDelete
  11. And least you have pretty masks to wear. I love how you switched them up to go with the outfits.
    XOOX
    Jodie
    www.jtouchofstyle.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. I think it's very good of you to wear a mask. Most people here don't while they really should! I say practice your baking skills! Lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My baking skills need a LOT of practice, haha!

      Delete
  13. Hi dear,

    I always like your color combinations, they're all so vibrant and they give me really happy vibes! Actually the bag is the cherry on top to this outfit and the bright touch!

    And good to know you're wearing a mask, it is really controversial right? It is mandatory to have it all day in Spain and many people is angry about this, but if we can contribute to slow down the cases with this small-big gesture... that's great! Your option is so cheerful and nice!

    Pablo
    HeyFungi

    ReplyDelete
  14. That magenta bag seriously goes with everything! Love it, and lovely outfits as always:) Those Sass and Bide jeans are also something I've wanted since I first saw you wear it:D
    PS So sad to hear about what happened to your community:( Stupid people always ruin things for everybody:( Here in Toronto, masks have been mandatory for awhile now so we're all used it it now:)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your sweater looks so good
    https://www.melodyjacob.com/2020/08/wearing-rust-ribbed-pocket-detail.html

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love this color! You look amazing my dear!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow, I am sad to hear about that. I have friends who live in Australia and have told me so many stories since the pandemic. Wearing a mask is important, I don't understand the people who are against it. I love your jumper and all the knits. Hope you have a relaxing weekend. I had to take time off the blog but now I am back. <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope your friend stays safe and well! Different parts of Australia are facing different issues, we are so incredibly lucky here in Queensland.

      Delete
  18. I love how your magenta polka dot mask matches your purse. Masks are mandatory in my state, and I think they are here to stay until a vaccine becomes available. I’ve been thinking I need to make some masks that match my outfits. Very cute outfits, both, Mica!

    As for the people lying because they didn’t want to be in quarantine, I have been amazed at how stupid and selfish some people can be. In some of the more conservative states in the U.S. men view the wearing of masks as a threat to their masculinity. Sheesh!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think the matching is fun - I've seen some stylish bloggers do that! :) I don't have a big enough mask collection or need to wear them to justify having too many though.

      I don't understand the mask opposition at all :(

      Delete
  19. I have always admired your accessories - bag, scarves and now masks!! We must wear them everywhere and I need to start collecting some to go with favorite outfits.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Lovely outfits 😊 thanks for your sharing 😊

    ReplyDelete
  21. that blue jumper is so cute! I'm glad you're doing your bit for the community by going to supermarkets in masks. Here in NSW we try to do our bit too.
    Hope you stay safe!

    x Natalie
    Lucy and the Runaways - Blog and Instagram

    ReplyDelete
  22. love the blue sweater and the black jeans combo. Fab accessories as well. The outfit with the printed jeans and the blue jumper is very pretty as well. Cute face masks.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Your mask is super cute. Sorry to hear that peope did that.

    http://www.amysfashionblog.com/blog-home

    ReplyDelete
  24. You look great! I love the color combos =)

    - Cielo
    Mermaid in Heels

    ReplyDelete
  25. I like that your face mask is kind of matching the color of your bag! So cute! xx

    Naya
    www.nayatilly.com

    ReplyDelete
  26. Love them both! I can't wait for it to get cooler here, and wear knits again xx

    Violethollow.com

    ReplyDelete
  27. Black and blue is such a great combo, no idea why people say you shouldn't combine it! You have an amazing style :)

    have a great day,

    Tiziana
    www.tizianaolbrich.de

    ReplyDelete
  28. Love both outfits - the second one is my favorite. I'm a proponent of the masks - they surely can't hurt and hopefully help. I'm hardly ever out and about these days, but when I am, I'm wearing a mask. There are surely some cute ones. I found one with doggies all over it.
    Grace & Peace,Iris
    www.IrisOriginalsRamblings.com

    ReplyDelete
  29. Ah man, I’m sorry that you had to be affected by others’ poor choices. I hope the numbers go down soon. It’s a requirement to wear masks in supermarkets here in the States, at least in Connecticut. Though it’s not in parks and other places where social distancing is easier to achieve. Anyway, I love your outfits and masks, so cute!

    Jalisa
    THE STYLE CONTOUR

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankfully the numbers went down quite quickly and we have had 3 weeks with no local cases now :)

      Delete
  30. I'm new to your blog.

    Good to see that you're wearing a mask. Where I come from, it's very very hard to get people to follow the precautions. We're at peak here in India. I've not been to a super market in 6 months and I miss going out. It's month 6 on self isolation and I only pick up groceries online.

    Hope things get better for us soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope things get better and safer for you soon too!

      Delete
  31. Your magenta bag really adds a lot of personality to your outfits. That's why I haven't gone to online shopping, the fear of not getting what I want!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Most of the stock is back to normal now - a few exceptions of course but we have adjusted well to it. It is safer than going grocery shopping for us as I need to worry about family members staying safe.

      Delete
  32. I love those pretty blue sweaters and coordinating face masks! It's so different here--face masks are required everywhere we go (and even then there are people who think they are above the rules). I've been working from home and only going out eventually, but I need to stock up on some more options!

    ReplyDelete
  33. Oh wow I cannot believe people, if they just told the truth and kept to themselves this could have been avoided-
    We have been wearing masks since March. I refuse to buy textile ones because i want to think this will pass.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I bought just reusable ones as I didn't want to create a lot of waste if we have to wear them regularly - we will see what happens in future, it's impossible to know!

      Delete
  34. Thanks all for your lovely comments :) It's a shame that not everyone wears masks when required but good that there are so many cute mask options out there for people who do want to wear them. Stay safe!

    ReplyDelete

Your feedback on my outfits and any constructive criticism is welcomed. I appreciate the time you take to leave a kind comment. Make sure to tick 'Notify me' if you've asked a question so you get an email response :)

Feel free to leave a link to your blog so I can check it out. "Follow me" or "follow for follow" comment spam will not be published.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...